Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom - Education (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom (151469 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition: The Waiting Is Over / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by menzo4u: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2016
@fynestboi
Check you mail sir
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
menzo4u:
@fynestboi
Check you mail sir

Noted...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by ehisdan(m): 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=Fynestboi post=42777002][/quote]Good to go
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by naijaboiy: 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Fynestboi:

Tommorow sir... If possible this night...
Okay sir!

Been really busy of late. Will get to it now.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 5:35am On Feb 12, 2016
Good morning. I write to bring to your notice an irregularity in this debate competition. On Jan 1, the organisers of this debate competition posted a particular video online to show how the participating schools were paired for the elimination round and how topics were chosen. In this video, OAU and Poly Ibadan were paired to oppose and support topic 20 respectively. This video being the video of the choice of topics and pairs imply that those topics and pairs will be followed without any bias or change. I downloaded this video, watched it and scrutinised it. I wrote my argument in line with what OAU was told to do in that video - to oppose. Yesterday, my teammate came to me for us to scrutinise our works. It was at that period of time that I knew that a picture was posted online which was different from the content of the video posted on the aforementioned date. We were asked to support in that picture.

My teammate wrote an argument that supports topic 20 as a result of the picture posted and i wrote an argument against topic 20 as a result of the video posted. Our divergent arguments are caused by the substantial difference in relevant fact of the content of the picture and the video - misinformation - which was unknown to either of us at the point of penning our argument.

This is the link to the video. Please look into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wxruyiYxxc

it was posted here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2811855/nairaland-interschool-debate-third-edition

I will be glad if the organisers and judges look into this case and do something. As for now, I am running helter skelter to get materials to develop my argument and it will not be okay if this case is not looked into as the objective of expanding one's horizon will be defeated, the debate will be between two unequal fellows which was necessitated by a mistake caused by the uploaded material with different content without duly notifying the other parties of any change; it is not good for this debate. I think the organisers and judges should look into this case and do something please.

Thanks.

cc:
Fynestboi
Fattbabakay
Adeaks
Naijadehyia
Aminat508
Ishilove
Xynerize
Darrytoz
Sammyscholar
OAUtemitayo

1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 8:19am On Feb 12, 2016
Hmmmmmm mm @immaculate99 I see this as an excuse my brother, why? Firstly that balloting video was posted on January 1st, the video was just a balloting video and not the fixture, the one for the fixture was posted two days after the first, with all participants name fully tagged, which I believed you got a mention

Nairaland Interschool debate third edition elimination stage fixture with dates...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2920xKUUa_M

If you really want to, you would have asked questions as regard that, but you didn't say anything until probably two days to the debate, hahaha,.

After the balloting video, there had been Two videos clearly stating all fixtures, and even on the fixture thread it was clearly stated with participants names, how then can you rely on a video uploaded last month January 1st. ....

I will be glad if the organisers and judges look into this case and do something. As for now, I am running helter skelter to get materials to develop my argument and it will not be okay if this case is not looked into as the objective of expanding one's horizon will be defeated, the debate will be between two unequal fellows which was necessitated by a mistake caused by the uploaded material with different content without duly notifying the other parties of any change; it is not good for this debate. I think the organisers and judges should look into this case and do something please.

There is nothing we can do sir, as this is coming late, and moreover, is it the case that you have not logged in since January 1st which the videos that misinformed was uploaded and at the time a rectified one was uploaded?

What am I even saying, check page 37

https://www.nairaland.com/2446965/nairaland-interschool-debate-chatroom-third/37

of this thread where you asked me time and I replied you with the pics showing an adjustment of what you saw in the video, why don't you question me then?

Since January 4 atleast you can't deny not seeing the pics coz it was on the pics the answer to your question was written. How then did you came up with this excuse?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by fattbabakay(m): 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
emaculate99:
Good morning. I write to bring to your notice an irregularity in this debate competition. On Jan 1, the organisers of this debate competition posted a particular video online to show how the participating schools were paired for the elimination round and how topics were chosen. In this video, OAU and Poly Ibadan were paired to oppose and support topic 20 respectively. This video being the video of the choice of topics and pairs imply that those topics and pairs will be followed without any bias or change. I downloaded this video, watched it and scrutinised it. I wrote my argument in line with what OAU was told to do in that video - to oppose. Yesterday, my teammate came to me for us to scrutinise our works. It was at that period of time that I knew that a picture was posted online which was different from the content of the video posted on the aforementioned date. We were asked to support in that picture.

My teammate wrote an argument that supports topic 20 as a result of the picture posted and i wrote an argument against topic 20 as a result of the video posted. Our divergent arguments are caused by the substantial difference in relevant fact of the content of the picture and the video - misinformation - which was unknown to either of us at the point of penning our argument.

This is the link to the video. Please look into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wxruyiYxxc

it was posted here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2811855/nairaland-interschool-debate-third-edition

Thanks.

cc:
Fynestboi
Fattbabakay
Adeaks
Naijadehyia
Aminat508
Ishilove
Xynerize
Darrytoz
Sammyscholar
OAUtemitayo

Cool boss
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
@Fynestboi

No, I am only telling the organisers to look into it. I can't deny that you posted a picture online and tagged me to it on January 4 but at that period, my Android had gotten spoilt, I could only access Nairaland with a small phone which does not display pictures very well.

When I asked for the date of the debate, you told me "valentine day" without talking about any change and you posted a pic which I couldn't view very well. check pg 37
www.nairaland.com/2446965/nairaland-interschool-debate-chatroom-third/37. On a normal circumstance, notification of change matters and not pics that has no notification of change. Or was the posted pic a "notice of change"?

Since I had downloaded a video which has the pair, the duty of each school (which i think should not change without due notification if we are to follow the rule of organisation and utmost faith which this debate stands on) and you had told me the date of the debate then I went ahead with my argument. If I could view the pic well, did you think I wouldn't have challenged you?

If actually you deemed it fit to change any information, you should announce to the affected teams that a change has occurred. This will allow us have a good knowledge of what is going on. An incomplete information or a changed information without duly and expressly sensitising the affected teams is also a misinformation bro. If you had told us that there is a change in the information earlier posted then I would have asked for the change and this issue wouldn't have come up.

It will be injustice on your part to say that a protest of misinformation caused by your own action is an excuse. If you had communicated that there is a change in the information of the earlier video, then my protest will be an excuse but if there is no communication about the change then it will be injustice and demeaning to call a protest against irregularity a mere "excuse".

I don't think it is too late in as much as we haven't concluded the debate. something can be done to it. Please look into it.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
@emaculate99 there is nothing we can do to it...
I believe there shouldn't be a bridge of communication between you and other members of the team OAUTemitayo would have inform you, well there is nothing we can do as this is coming late......

Sorry for that....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
Fynestboi:
I believe there shouldn't be a bridge of communication between you and other members of the team OAUTemitayo would have inform you, well there is nothing we can do as this is coming late......

Sorry for that....
The mistake was from your side.
I was the one who informed him yesterday.
He has already written in the mission to oppose while I was about going for.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
Fynestboi:

Sorry for that....
But that doesn't change the fact that your action led to the misinformation. You don't just change information without informing the affected teams. Yeah. As you believe that there should be no breach of communication, we also believe that you should not change information without informing the affected teams.
Moreover, your belief is not a good justification for the misinformation. if your belief should be a good justification then you should tag only one person and not all the members to any information because you "believe there shouldn't be a breach of communication among" the team members.
You kept mentioning "late" as if the debate had been concluded. Is it not injustice for us to bear the consequence of your misinformation? Even in contract, any contract entered into as a result of misrepresentation (misinformation) is voidable. Doing something now before the debate is done is not too late except you think the fault of the misinformation caused by your action is ours.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by MosquitoLaps(m): 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hi. I'm sorry to inform you that my team mate (Carlson 001) and I (representing UNIBEN) won't be available for the debate on Saturday. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Good evening.

Cc Naijaboiy Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2016
@OAUTemitayo it was never a mistake from my path, ask me why?

Why? Quite find I uploaded something contrary to what was on the video, and I was able to rectify that by putting it on the fixture thread and duely informing TEAM OAU with a mention and a pics. This is logical you claimed that you didn't see the pics? And yet you didn't complain at that moment that you didn't see the pics, rather your response showed that you saw the pics and you are OK with it.

Sequel to the above I can humbly say that I have informed you in the change of plans, however your fault is not pointing it out at the right time, to be sure I passed the information clearly I called Ibadanpoly rep yesterday and their response affirmed that...

What I can only say is... We are sorry for any inconvenience but there is nothing we can do sir...

But wait. We can consider pairing OAUTemitayo with one team member of IBADAN POLYTECHNIC....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2016
MosquitoLaps:
Hi. I'm sorry to inform you that my team mate (Carlson 001) and I (representing UNIBEN) won't be available for the debate on Saturday. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Good evening.

Cc Naijaboiy Fynestboi

OK noted... undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Carlson001(m): 10:08am On Feb 13, 2016
Fynestboi:

Thanks!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 11:34am On Feb 13, 2016
Fynestboi:

Why? Quite find I uploaded something contrary to what was on the video, and I was able to rectify that by putting it on the fixture thread and duely informing TEAM OAU with a mention and a pics. This is logical you claimed that you didn't see the pics? And yet you didn't complain at that moment that you didn't see the pics, rather your response showed that you saw the pics and you are OK with it.

Sequel to the above I can humbly say that I have informed you in the change of plans, however your fault is not pointing it out at the right time, to be sure I passed the information clearly I called Ibadanpoly rep yesterday and their response affirmed that...

What I can only say is... We are sorry for any inconvenience but there is nothing we can do sir...

But wait. We can consider pairing OAUTemitayo with one team member of IBADAN POLYTECHNIC....
Ok
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by naijaboiy: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
Fynestboi:

Whats going to happen now?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
naijaboiy:

Whats going to happen now?

AUCHI POLYTECHNIC will post their arguments..... Ntn will stop it from holding...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by naijaboiy: 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
Fynestboi:

AUCHI POLYTECHNIC will post their arguments..... Ntn will stop it from holding...
Okay then. I guess it's because of the incoming exams Which will begin next week.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by sammyscholar(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
Fynestboi:

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
naijaboiy:

Okay then. I guess it's because of the incoming exams Which will begin next week.

Hmmmmmm
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
sammyscholar:

Any questions?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
OAUTemitayo:

Ok

Temitayo I believe emaculate99 can still work something out...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 12:24am On Feb 14, 2016
Fynestboi:

Temitayo I believe emaculate99 can still work something out...
I don't think so
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Darrytoz are you the one to represent Ibadan Polytechnic or both of you will still be around?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Sammyscholar are you guys pleased with a team member against a team member?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by sammyscholar(m): 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
Fynestboi:
Sammyscholar are you guys pleased with a team member against a team member?
yes
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
There was a mixed up from the part of the coordinator, which has to do with which side each team are to either support or Oppose, on the first of January 2016, a video was uploaded that indicated that OAU will be opposing but three days later there was a change in the stance for each schools, and a video alongside pics was re-uploaded, however one of the team from OAU side claimed not to see the change in the stances until three days to the debate which he argued that he had always written In line with what he saw before, and to be fair we reason along with his argument wrapped with his inability to download the second video and view the pics, due to his lost phone, though his mate was fully aware about the change, but he wasn't, hence in order to be fair to all we have decided the two..

One either we pair a team member from OAU against a TEAM member In Ibadan Polytechnic or we allow emaculate99 post the Argument he claimed to have written, however if the latter will hold it will presupposes that only the judges and the audience will engage him(emaculate99) to avoid depriving him of his rebuttal stage mark, but I guess the two teams(OAU/IBADAN POLYTECHNIC) agreed on the former, judges please take note... Thanks.

Cc:
Ishilove
Obinoscopy
Xynerise
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 8:29am On Feb 15, 2016
Our first semester examination starts next week. Hope this development won't affect our participation here concerning timing of the next fixtures.
Thanks.

Neyoor,
fynestboi,
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:03am On Feb 15, 2016
Tourshaw:
Our first semester examination starts next week. Hope this development won't affect our participation here concerning timing of the next fixtures.
Thanks.

Neyoor,
fynestboi,

Next stage starts on the 27th to end next month . As usual Saturdays and Sundays...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2016
UNIBADAN (Support) VS LASU(Oppose)

Human rights and self expression: is homosexuality to be frowned upon when its based on choice and personal desire? Are punishments the way to go? For and against

5th March 2016
7pm

Olalerey
treasuregr8
Aysuccess99
Thollulope

Timidelaw
Horlapelumi
DEJMAN

Unilorin (Support) Vs Futminna (Oppose)

Effective change Nigeria truly needs: Sole responsibility of the leaders or followers?

28th February 2016
7pm

Tourshaw
Neyoor
Ope4luv KhennieJnr
TopeQs
Djhack1

Unijos(Support) Vs Abu Zaria (Oppose)

The Extinction Of Godfatherism In Contemporary Nigeria Politics" a panacea for an effective leaders.

27th February 2016
7pm

Abuklaw
Catalyst4real
ObiZEAL
Noskyboy

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (65) (Reply)

Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.