Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari (1316 Views)

Air Force Foils Plans By Boko Haram To Disrupt Sallah Celebration In Borno / FFK Reacts To Plans By FG To Stop Entertainers From Shooting Videos Abroad / "If I Die; I Die"- Senator Dino Melaye Reacts To Recall By His Constituents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by isadamu: 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
There are indications that some of the ambassadors recalled by the government of Muhammadu Buhari are lobbying to remain at post. Some of these ambassadors include Prof. Ade Adefuye(USA ), Prof. Joy Ogwu (Permanent Mission, Newyork) and Ojo Madueke (Canada). Joy Ogwu, who is a card - carrying PDP member and a known ally of former President Goodluck Jonathan, is trying to beat the recall by claiming not to be a political ambassador. Ojo Madueke, a formal PDP National Secretary and also former foreign minister is reported to be using some of his associates within the foreign ministry to get an extension.
Prof Adefuye, on his part, is said to be banking on the influence of some APC stalwarts to beat his recall. It is worthy to note that Adefuye, who was a lecturer at the university of Lagos, got his first political ambassadorial posting in 1987 and has remained with the ministry of foreign affairs on several postings since then. He was posted to the USA in 2009 and is still lobbying to remain there. In fact, his wife has boasted as follows " the person to take over from my husband is not yet born. This nonsense recall will be retracted as usual, the same way that Buhari retracts everything he says."
Adefuye, in his desperate bid to remain as Nigerian ambassador to the USA, is said to be working closely with former Ekiti Governor, Kayode Fayemi, whom he believed has some influence in the new administration and may likely emerge as foreign minister in the Buhari Government. Adefuye is reputed to be very ruthless and corrupt with the mission's finances. He is said to have engaged several domestic aides, whose bills amounting to hundred thousands of dollars, are paid to him from the embassy funds. He is also reputed to be a frequent traveller on the bills of the embassy.
Adefuye reportedly flies 1st class ticket to Nigeria almost on monthly basis. Apart from this, he said to have disregard for administrative procedures. Prof. Adefuye is said to be lobbying to ensure that he remains ambassador when President Buhari will visit USA on 19th July, 2015. This bid is to ensure that the Prof, who is reputed to be very fetish, is given the opportunity to meet with the President and possibly try to influence him.

Source.
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by Magician1503(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
Anobilivu undecided
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
I second the man above..
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by Ridwanna(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by Nempi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
I smell beef
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by psucc(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
This APC will not heed advice.

PDP had admonished severally that the time of lying, propaganda is over and that the party should look forward to governance with a view yo delivering on its promises to Nigerians but you will not hear.

Flies where no get adviser e de follow coffin peme for inside grave.

1 Like

Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by Abugab(m): 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
What shall we not hear in this era of rumour peddling?
The person to take over from the husband is not yet born, na Methuselah the man wan turn to as Nigeria ambassador to US?
Make una write another story 'jare' as this one too dey watery.

1 Like

Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by AshiwajuFoward: 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
Junk journalism. grin

1 Like

Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by MKO4ever(m): 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
Its almost 12am, I will comment when I wake up
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by ChelseaDr(m): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2015
In as much as l dont believe this.....if indeed it is true, then who will blame them. Afterall the PS finance disobeyed a constitutional order and she was supported by a Senator of the federal republic. I expect another Honourable member to support their action by quotinh relevant sections of the constitution which stipulates that their replacements have to appointed before they vacate office....Naija sha
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by Pangea: 12:25am On Jul 13, 2015
The best way to beat it is to overstay their visa and be deported back to Nigeria.
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by isadamu: 6:26am On Jul 13, 2015
This report was obtained from a very credible source. The claims and information about the personalities mentioned are true and can be as well be verified. It will be on record that someone blew the lid before it eventually happens. The people who gave the information don't want their names mentioned because they are close to the personalities involved. Nigerians deserve to know when sinister moves are been hatched. Please give me the credit when it eventually tunes out to be true.
Re: Plans By Some Ambassadors To Beat Recall By President Buhari by olasmith10(m): 6:33am On Jul 13, 2015
[/b][b] Adefuye is reputed to be very ruthless
and corrupt with the mission's finances. He is said to
have engaged several domestic aides, whose bills
amounting to hundred thousands of dollars, are paid to
him from the embassy funds.

having a corrupt past, d best for him is to quit returning..it cld be a bobby trap.

(1) (Reply)

Why Every Child From The South Should Be Sad / Sad! Woman Buried All Her Money Underground. The Whole Money Eaten By Termites / BUSTED Again>>>>another Igbo Wanna BE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.