Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God (2665 Views)

Anambra Church Introduces 1trillion Naira Note Issued By Central Bank Of Heaven / If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Time to face this once and for all. All the going-around-circles must stop.

God created heaven and earth and everything in them, right? (Revelation 10:6 cf. Surah Al-A'raf, 7:54)

God resides in heaven, right? (Psalm 115:3 cf. Surah Al-Mulk, 67:16)

Where was God before Heaven and Earth were created?!

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by ayowonder(m): 1:09am On Jul 13, 2015
space

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by kestolove95(m): 1:11am On Jul 13, 2015
He was nowhere to be found

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by modskiller(m): 1:39am On Jul 13, 2015
He's an Omniverse I think.
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by witnezHD(m): 1:40am On Jul 13, 2015
ask Bing

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 13, 2015
moses didnt use a speed boat to cross red sea sonebody made that happen.
2. The ark of noah float in water, nobody calc water density then.
3. Abraham wasn't burn by fire that wasn't fire extinguishers doing.
4. issa ( jesus) talk when born, no tape was played
we are all made from a drop of sperm transformed from cycle to cycle in each 40days. protected over time even when as a baby u ar not sensitive to what moves by urside as an infant. Now that you ar counted among the lucky ones to be alive is that how to be grateful? some mother bleed to lose thre pregnancy. many sperm never produce baby.
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 13, 2015
afolag:
we are all made from a drop of sperm transformed from cycle to cycle in each 40days. protected over time even when as a baby u ar not sensitive to what moves by urside as an infant. Now that you ar counted among the lucky ones to be alive is that how to be grateful? some mother bleed to lose thre pregnancy. many sperm never produce baby.

Hey Friend, this comment of yours is totally off point. You need to re-read the post and answer the question. Furthermore, what you wrote up her is just a concatenation of written doctrines of which there is no historical proof so you don't defend a myth by citing the same myth. Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by tartar9(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2015
Reiyvinn:

God created heaven and earth and everything in them, right? (Revelation 10:6 cf. Surah Al-A'raf, 7:54)

Allah(SWT) is above space and time.

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by madlatunji: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2015
The Flying Spaghetti Monster created God.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by jerflakes(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
I LOVE NAIRALAND COMEDY HOURS

grin
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by jerflakes(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
madlatunji:
The Flying Spaghetti Monster created God.

So, logically, we are supposed to worship the flying spaghetti monster?

grin

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by jerflakes(m): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
afolag:

Guy u dey talk like say na you first publish the old testament?

Na only you get printing press in the days of moses.

This your off point no get sequel.

grin

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Weah96: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
afolag:

You do realize that everyone dies, right? Some are aborted by their mothers, some die in childbirth, others die in accidents or by illnesses. Some die old and frail, but the LCF is Death.

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Weah96: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
tartar9:
Allah(SWT) is above space and time.

That was easy, never mind that you haven't the slightest clue of the implications.

Ha-ha-ha. Where can this Allah stay if not in space and time? Is there a place outside of space? How did your brain determine that something can occupy a place when the place doesn't exist?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by finofaya: 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
He was in himself.

Edit.

He was, simply. Your question is similar to asking "where is space?".

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by LewsTherin: 11:37am On Jul 14, 2015
I read something sometime ago
Once upon a continuum, there was an Entity that was. A continuum that did not include space-time. A continuum without length, breadth, depth or time. Being of a continuum without space or time, the Entity had no place of beginning and no time of beginning either. It simply was.

http://www.myreflectionsofgod..com/2013/10/the-beginning-part-2.html

I'm not saying the guy is right. But when we try to describe an infinitely greater being and ascribe our own values to said being, we are guaranteed to come up short.

Even astrobiologists say "life as we know it".
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 18, 2015
LewsTherin:
I read something sometime ago

http://www.myreflectionsofgod..com/2013/10/the-beginning-part-2.html

I'm not saying the guy is right. But when we try to describe an infinitely greater being and ascribe our own values to said being, we are guaranteed to come up short.

Even astrobiologists say "life as we know it".

undecided undecided undecided

Have you any idea that space is just an empty vacuum, sort of like "NOTHINGNESS"?

Like one commenter said that God was hanging on space [before he realized he needed to rest his butt so billions of aeons later, he created heaven and entered into it].

Do you have the slightest idea what implications you create when you presume that God exists/existed outside space? That's totally meaningless and I wonder how Godists envisage such a possibility.

Empty Space is not a "container", Empty Space is void Emptiness, absolute Nothingness in which matter and anti-matter root their existence. To claim that God exists outside space is tantamount to claiming that God doesn't exist at all which, so to speak, sounds quite appropriate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by LewsTherin: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2015
Reiyvinn:

undecided undecided undecided
Have you any idea that space is just an empty vacuum, sort of like "NOTHINGNESS"?
Like one commenter said that God was hanging on space [before he realized he needed to rest his butt so billions of aeons later, he created heaven and entered into it].
Do you have the slightest idea what implications you create when you presume that God exists/existed outside space? That's totally meaningless and I wonder how Godists envisage such a possibility.
Empty Space is not a "container", Empty Space is void Emptiness, absolute Nothingness in which matter and anti-matter root their existence. To claim that God exists outside space is tantamount to claiming that God doesn't exist at all which, so to speak, sounds quite appropriate.

Ahhh. Now we are going scientific.

First off, space is not an empty vacuum. It is close, but it's not.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum

Secondly, the prevalent and accepted theory agrees that there was something that predated the singularity that formed our universe (according to the theory).

Stephen Hawkins said
" Since events before the Big Bang have no observational consequences, one may as well cut them out of the theory, and say that time began at the Big Bang. Events before the Big Bang, are simply not defined, because there's no way one could measure what happened at them. "
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

That we are unable to scientifically measure or scientifically prove events before the theorised singularity does not mean the singularity was not located somewhen/somewhere. You can choose to disbelieve or you can take it on faith. And that happens to be what He has asked us to do.
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 18, 2015
LewsTherin:

Ahhh. Now we are going scientific.

First off, space is not an empty vacuum. It is close, but it's not.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum

Actually, it is.

". . .outer space the vacuum, or nearly total absense of gas molecules. . ."

-- NASA: http://quest.nasa.gov/space/teachers/suited/3outer.html

In fact, as stated in HowStuffsWork, Outer Space is defined as a GIANT VACUUM

Your mistake is that you see Outer Space as a container rather than a void "Environment" through which radiation transverse.

Secondly, the prevalent and accepted theory agrees that there was something that predated the singularity that formed our universe (according to the theory).

Stephen Hawkins said
" Since events before the Big Bang have no observational consequences, one may as well cut them out of the theory, and say that time began at the Big Bang. Events before the Big Bang, are simply not defined, because there's no way one could measure what happened at them. "

That we are unable to scientifically measure or scientifically prove events before the theorised singularity does not mean the singularity was not located somewhen/somewhere. You can choose to disbelieve or you can take it on faith. And that happens to be what He has asked us to do.

I didn't see anything in the theory talking about anything predating space or existing outside it. Like I earlier demonstrated, Empty Space is not a "container".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by MRZaph(m): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
God existed in himself whom existed outside the space-time continuum therefore existed outside the limits of scientific or human scope because all our laws are limited to the space-time continuum
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
MRZaph:
God existed in himself whom existed outside the space-time continuum therefore existed outside the limits of scientific or human scope because all our laws are limited to the space-time continuum

Re-read what you just wrote and tell me if it makes any sense to you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by NumberOne2(m): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Reiyvinn:

Heavens and Earth (just the one planet). The bible doesn't say so I will have to ask Him when I get to heaven.
However, I can assume He was in some other planet apart from Earth. Perhaps just chilling in Mars or Jupiter or some other Galaxy in the vast outer space. smiley
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by dejilg(m): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
funny what d question asks!!! wats ur definition of heaven and in d creation accounts, the Bible said "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" --- why "heavens and a singular earth"?--- seems to me that u believe God couldn't hv existed without these "heavens"
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by dejilg(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
Reiyvinn:

and I don't recall the Bible part u quoted as saying "God resides in Heaven"...it says

Psalm 115:3
Our God is in the heavens; He does all that he pleases.

again what do u understand by "heaven(s)"...the part u even quoted says "heavens"...seems to me that the word "heavens" here and many other places is generic for the space above and around the earth, as described in Genesis...
Genesis 1:8 And God called the expanse Heaven
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by LewsTherin: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
Reiyvinn:

Your mistake is that you see Outer Space as a container rather than a void "Environment" through which radiation transverse.

I didn't see anything in the theory talking about anything predating space or existing outside it. Like I earlier demonstrated, Empty Space is not a "container".

Space is not a container. Space is not a void. Space as you see it is our universe. Incomprehensibly vast. It is still unknown if there are boundries, if the universe is curved like a sphere. All measurements so far have not reached their limits seeing as we can only measure what has reached the earth at the fastest speed possible - the speed of light. The most complete 3-d map of the universe is only 2 billion light years across. But the most prevalent theory puts the universe at 13 billion years old. This means there is still 11 billion years of light that have not been received, that have not been mapped. When (if) that is done, are we going to see more of the universe or the back of our heads or even our next door universe?

With all of that, we do know the Universe, space as you call it, with all of time and the rules of existence started, according to theory, when the singularity that birthed this universe exploded - what you call the Big Bang.

Like Stephen Hawkins said, events and places that predate that explosion are not measureable or observable by us within this universe right now and as such are always left out of calculations and theory. Does not mean they do not exist. Go read up on other theories that predict the existence of multiverses and you will see why I mention an "outside"

LewsTherin:

Stephen Hawkins said
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
cheesy ask those who believe they are going somewhere, but don't know where they came from.
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Freksy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
Reiyvinn:

There is physical heaven and spiritual heaven.

God does not reside in the physical heavens, being a Spirit. He resides in spiritual heaven - a supreme or ultimate position.

From his supreme or ultimate position, God, in effect, is said to 'bend down' upon the physical heavens and earth:

(5) There is no one like the LORD our God. He lives in the heights above, (6) but he bends down to see the heavens and the earth. Psalms 113:5-6 (GNT)

God was in his place of abode when he created the physical/material heavens.

Note: No scripture talks about the origin/creation of the spiritual heaven. The heaven mentioned at genesis 1:1 is material.
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
I have stopped contemplating on the origin of existence & consciousness. No side ever wins.

The great scientists of earlier times understood the inexplicability of many natural phenomena and ran to metaphysical philosophies of AMORC, Freemasonry etc. This our universe is too complex. For example, who knows the full extent of the universe? or should we rather talk of the multiverse? If there was no God and no singularity , what would have been the nature of nothingness?
Our existence is an enigma ...pursue whatever endearvours make you happy but just be at peace with all men!

1 Like

Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by honourhim: 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
I have stopped contemplating on the origin of existence & consciousness. No side ever wins.

The great scientists of earlier times understood the inexplicability of many natural phenomena and ran to metaphysical philosophies of AMORC, Freemasonry etc. This our universe is too complex. For example, who knows the full extent of the universe? or should we rather talk of the multiverse? If there was no God and no singularity , what would have been the nature of nothingness?
Our existence is an enigma ...pursue whatever endearvours make you happy but just be at peace with all men!

Gradually your senses are coming back.
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 19, 2015
God is the beginning and d end....
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by omanifrank(m): 7:21am On Jul 19, 2015
ok....
Re: Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God by An2elect2(f): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2015
You know why i love atheist memes? it is that moment when stupidity is mistaken for intelligence. grin what can be funnier? hehehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which One Of The Prophets In History Did Not Submit To God, Hence Not A Muslim? / Bible Scholars Admit To Bible Text Discrepancies / Christianity Is The Most Confused Religion On Earth!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.