Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Free Night (1am - 5am) Broswsing On MTN Ipulse Is A Fraud! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Free Night (1am - 5am) Broswsing On MTN Ipulse Is A Fraud! (1456 Views)

MTN Modifies 1.5GB Data Plan, Limits Bonus To Night Only (1am - 7am) / MTN Discontinues Free Night Calls (screen Shot) / MTN Unlimited Browsing From 1am-5am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Night (1am - 5am) Broswsing On MTN Ipulse Is A Fraud! by charlsecy(m): 8:05am On Jul 13, 2015
On Saturday, 11 July, 2015, I subscribed to MTN iPulse in a bid to utilise its proposed free data browsing between 1am and 5am given that you had spent at least N200 the previous day.

I spent more than N200 same day, and in recognition of that, I got a notification from MTN announcing my eligibility to enjoy "free Happy Hour data between 1:00am and 5:00am within the next Happy Hour period."

I got up by 1am on Sunday to enjoy the free data. I opened a few pages on my PC, and then it stopped working. The so-called free Happy Hour data wasn't working. In fact, it seemed what opened the few pages was the weekly 10 MB or so you usually get when load a recharge card. The only thing I have noticed about the line is that Opera Mini is working even on Monday, and nothing else.

In the morning of Sunday [12 July, 2015] when I believe I was supposed to enjoy the free data, I kept refreshing, re-connecting hoping it would start working to no avail.

Re: Free Night (1am - 5am) Broswsing On MTN Ipulse Is A Fraud! by charlsecy(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2015
I remember a Facebook post submitted by MTN on 28 May, 2015 on their wall where they announced the free data. If you check the comments, you would notice most of them are complaints about the stuff not working. All MTN was doing was tendering perfunctory apologies. That's more than 2 months ago, yet MTN has continued to advertise a product they do not offer as if they offer it, and has shamelessly continued to offer apology when users complain it doesn't work.

What is the role of NCC? For how long would these service providers continue to fleece their loyal customers?

Re: Free Night (1am - 5am) Broswsing On MTN Ipulse Is A Fraud! by deeobserver209(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2015
Empty-Hen scamming people since time immemorial.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Engineers In The House!! Bbm Wont Work On My Phantom G9 Anymore! / Pls, Suggest A Good Android Phone Between 12000-15000 For Me / Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.