Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

New Converts - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / New Converts (3251 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Converts by bilms(m): 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2009
u can convert to islam here.

Assalamu Alaykum,
I am a new convert to Islam from Christianity, and after months of looking for a website that could further my knowledge of Islam, I have finally found this site. I just wanted to say that this site is very helpful to me, and that I find the study material awesome, I have taken islamic courses in college, but this is what I really need, it let's me study at my own pace and take quizzes when I am ready. Although my first couple of quizzes have not been exactly what I would want them to be, I now know that I need to slow down and read very carefully. And also I would like to know if the certificates are given out at the end of each course or at the end of each module? I have completed a course and has not received a certificate.
Latonya

Wa'Alaikumussalam Latonya,I wholeheartedly welcome you to the family of islam.My only advice to you would be to always submit to the truth and be very humble.May our lord be with you all the time.

Salam Alaikum, dear sister Laytonya,

1st, allow me to welcome you to Islam!

I am a half Turkish sister,(American born) and reverted/converted to Islam, 7 yrs ago, Alahmdulillah!

I also looked around on the internet for Islamic studies, and never tried the others, Al Mawrid seemed best for me.
Just take your time, go slow, read, take notes,and absorb the information, and u will do great, I am sure.

Once again, welcome to Islam!
Islam is a gift -freely given to us, but it us who accept it or do not accept it.
We are all on different levels of understanding, and I try to stay away from debates,(but I like to read or hear them!).
Allah bless you and grant u strong Iman (faith).

Peace/Salam

I would like to say shokran to everyone who has welcomed me to Islam, I feel very blessed to finally know what it feels like to finally belong to Something that I know is right.
I am on the beginners level of understanding Islam, but with me studying everyday I am becoming more knowledgable.

Peace/Salam
Peace/Salam
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2009
bilms:

u can convert to islam here.

Assalamu Alaykum,
I am a new convert to Islam from Christianity, and after months of looking for a website that could further my knowledge of Islam, I have finally found this site. I just wanted to say that this site is very helpful to me, and that I find the study material awesome, I have taken islamic courses in college, but this is what I really need, it let's me study at my own pace and take quizzes when I am ready. Although my first couple of quizzes have not been exactly what I would want them to be, I now know that I need to slow down and read very carefully. And also I would like to know if the certificates are given out at the end of each course or at the end of each module? I have completed a course and has not received a certificate.
Latonya

Wa'Alaikumussalam Latonya,I wholeheartedly welcome you to the family of islam.My only advice to you would be to always submit to the truth and be very humble.May our lord be with you all the time.

Salam Alaikum, dear sister Laytonya,

1st, allow me to welcome you to Islam!

I am a half Turkish sister,(American born) and reverted/converted to Islam, 7 yrs ago, Alahmdulillah!

I also looked around on the internet for Islamic studies, and never tried the others, Al Mawrid seemed best for me.
Just take your time, go slow, read, take notes,and absorb the information, and u will do great, I am sure.

Once again, welcome to Islam!
Islam is a gift -freely given to us, but it us who accept it or do not accept it.
We are all on different levels of understanding, and I try to stay away from debates,(but I like to read or hear them!).
Allah bless you and grant u strong Iman (faith).

Peace/Salam

I would like to say shokran to everyone who has welcomed me to Islam, I feel very blessed to finally know what it feels like to finally belong to Something that I know is right.
I am on the beginners level of understanding Islam, but with me studying everyday I am becoming more knowledgable.

Peace/Salam
Peace/Salam

What is the purpose of the quran if you need websites, course modules, quizzes e.t.c. to understand islam? Is this about mindless indoctrination or genuine reformation of the mind?
Re: New Converts by MrCrackles(m): 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2009
davidylan:

What is the purpose of the quran if you need websites, course modules, quizzes e.t.c. to understand islam? Is this about mindless indoctrination or genuine reformation of the mind?

Get a life for fuc.k sake David

Which kain of billy he-goat are you sef?!

Nawa 4u
angry
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2009
Did i not ask a valid question?

Why are muslim converts always directed to websites, study materials, quizzes to "understand" islam? Why can they not read the quran on their own and find allah?

Is there not a cause?
Re: New Converts by MrCrackles(m): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2009
davidylan:

Why are muslim converts always directed to websites, study materials, quizzes to "understand" islam? Why can they not read the quran on their own and find allah?

Is there not a cause?

If you dont want to convert, why should it bother you?!

Go and sleep abeg
! cheesy
Re: New Converts by Mustay(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2009
Abi o
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2009
Typical islamic response.
Re: New Converts by Mustay(m): 12:53am On Mar 09, 2009
Expected davidliarian reply
Re: New Converts by Femi13: 6:49am On Mar 09, 2009

Hey davidylan, what you do not know is that you can not umderstand the Quran just like that, but you need assistance of a muslim who is well grounded with the knowledge of Islam to ezplain each verse for you, that is why they have to attend debates,go to the websites for their mind gto be open to the truth. I'm very sure that u know the truth but you just been an ignorant of truth.
Your case is like the case of the pharisees that Jesus(Peace be on him) accused, that they don't want to enter into paradise and they are preventing others from entering into the kingdom of God, well the Gate is still opean for you to enter and Allah has said it all in the Quran that, He Allah alone can guide mankind to truth, Muhammed's and our own duty is to preach His(Allah's) word. So if you David like you accept and if you do not like you leave it, you are "On Your Own(OYO)".

Truth Has Come,
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 09, 2009
davidylan:

Is there not a cause?

what is the internet for if not a faster way of accessing information?

i have over 100gb of manuals for Microsoft office, AutoCAD, Engineering design etal , but even so, i am more inclined to look on the net for a quicker answer to issues than trolling through my manuals.

btw, since you seem to know so much about Islam, do you have a Quran? or perhaps you also reference "websites, study materials, quizzes to "understand" Islam?"
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 09, 2009
You all shouldn't get worked up at all by davidylan's comments. It's clear that all he wanted to do was make trouble.
What I don't understand is why he wouldn't put this much zeal into his dealings with the atheists in the religion board.
Why now?davidylan?
Re: New Converts by Lagosboy: 8:47am On Mar 09, 2009
He should even direct his energies into christian debates.

I wonder why there are bible lessons, bible websites, concordance, why there is a course called theology and so on if his question is valid.
Re: New Converts by bilms(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2009
na mind am now.

he loves arguement too much.

i guess that is his hobbie
Re: New Converts by bilms(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2009
na mind am now.

he loves arguement too much.

i guess that is his hobbie
Re: New Converts by Mustay(m): 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2009
What vexes me is the never-tiring "arguers" on these board.

A topic is meant for a purpose but somehow someone turns it into another hating field!

Sickening.
Re: New Converts by Tanzos: 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2009
seems the religious rivalry will never end worse still when pple like david come on board being the type of person he is why don't people ignore him?
Take a look at all the replies how many have successfully encouraged the convert?
its sad when people are not aware of the vices that aren't of Allah &should be ignored.
please to all of you in the battle keep your opinions to yourselves better still exchange email & even house addresses then hurt yourselves if you want to.
some of us actually come on board to educate &improve ourselves so really if you dont have anything contributry but rather to hurl insults at one another would someone please start a thread for meaningless insults so we can be out of your way,please david &his cohorts i beg you all with Gods name.
Thank you.
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 2:40am On May 03, 2009
i just got converted to ISLAM this month of APRIL 2009 and am really enjoying the faith, am feeling truth in ISLAM, i was a christian, even a good one for that matter, but having read the bible so well and so many contradictions in it and can't fathom why a book that is said to be inspired by God could contain so much confusion, and the ones that struck me most was the peter of cyerene that helped him to carry his cross and they dnt mention it that he was giving back to jesus in some gospel books, could it be is the PETER that was cruxified or could it be the JUDAS ISCARIOT that was cruxified and JESUS anscended to heaven with the four Angels i.e Rafeal,Micheal,Uriel,Gabriel according to Gospel Of Barnabas?that was not included because of it facts about it,apart from it, the death of JUDAS is not clear because one account contradicts another, saying he just pour the 30pieces of gold on the temple floor and hung himself also another account says he used the money to purchase a land and hung himself after,which one do we believe,its so confusing and i believe GOD is not a GOD of confusion,all these made me think JESUS didn't die on the cross.

The last straw that broke the camels back is the issue of the HOLYSPIRIT which has been manifesting right from creation,and even JESUS gave the desciples the holyspirit and told them he will send another PARACLATE for them to teach them ALLTHINGS, but will not send HIM to them until hes gone to GOD to beg him to give them, and i think since hes breathe on them to receive the HOLYSPIRIT while not yet gone to the FATHER that means HES the one that manifested in ANGEL GABRIEL'S form to Muhammad. All i can say is that the QURAN teaches ALLTHINGS even to the fact that how the embryo is formed to the last day it will be born is there, TIME formation is there and all others, its a complete science for way of life,how the earth is justified in both QURAN and sciences saying is round or spherical and the bible says its flat imagine!

The amazing thing there is that i always tell my fiance to receive christ as lord and personal saviour that hes GOD in flesh but will humbly tell me that, though as a muslim he acknowledge him and believe hes coming back but hes been annointed by GOD to deliver his message to mankind and hes not GOD,and truly if JESUS is GOD why would he cry to GOD my GOD my GOD why hath thou forsaken me thats if truly he was cruxified, my own thinking is that it could be either JUDAS or the PETER that carried hiis cross was cruxified instead, till this APRIL 2009 my guy never forced me to become a muslim but always tell me that i will know the truth one day,and about my GUY as a muslim is so devoted to GOD,hes caring, loving,understanding, faithful,sexy, brilliant,handsome and tall this not really necessary though but got to add it join, respectful,truthful, clean, he doesn't have to break the commandment to drink alcohol maybe when hes friends are drinking, he does not smoke, for a guy to be like this and u think hes not worshipping a true GOD? I thank GOD for his showing us the truth and i pray others too will see it, even DAVIDLYAN, NOETIC,OSISI and others, i wanna say a big thank you to NAIRALANDERS for their support in these and most websites.
Re: New Converts by babs787(m): 8:48am On May 03, 2009
What a reversion story! Mine was like that too but went through stiff resistance,pains,suffferness,anguish,bitterness,isolation,loneliness, faced lots of problems,threats,obstacles from the family,pastors and church members because I changed faith and the most painful then was how my pastors were floored,disgraced,told the truth abnut christianity and the bible. I am the happiest man on earth and thank God for making me a muslim. My father accepted Islam,prayed,fast during the Ramadhan,few months to his death! We are still praying for my mother and told us that she hopes to do that before her death but wants. I have raised threads and attended to issues on my former faith and ALLAH has been merciful to me just like HE said no religion will overcome ISLAM and that Islam is the truth,only religion before Him and it has been proven on NL times without number. Allah has been touching the lives of some through my family and myself. I thank God for making me a Muslim and pray that God should open the eyes of my friends in the likes of Davidylan,Osisi,Pataki,TayoD,Noetic cos we have known ourselves for long. Others include Todak,no2atheism,Reindeer etb
Re: New Converts by littleb(m): 10:23am On May 03, 2009
Dr. Bilal Abdul-Alim
Personally, I embraced Islam at the age of 24, in the summer of 1975, while studying medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. After a long day of study, I went to bed on a Saturday night with no intention of becoming a Muslim.
However, two things happened during that night that would change my life completely. First of all, I had a dream in which I was commanded by a strong and firm voice, to embrace Islam immediately. I was reminded of how I had previously studied comparative religion at Wesleyan University, but refused to accept Islam even though I felt in my heart that it was the most practical way of life. When I woke up the next morning, I sat on the edge of the bed contemplating what to do, when the telephone rang. The call came from my ex-roommate from Wesleyan who had embraced Islam after graduation and was living in Washington, D.C. At that time, he was studying to be an attorney at Catholic University School of Law. This phone call was the second and final thing that convinced me to embrace Islam immediately.

My friend asked me, “Are you ready to become a Muslim?” I replied, “Why are you calling me this early in the morning with such a question?” He answered in the following way, “Last night, I had a dream. In that dream, I saw you smiling, surrounded by a sort of spiritual light (called Noor in Islam). Then, I heard a strong and powerful voice saying, ‘Allah has made this man a Muslim in the night and Allah has given him the name, Bilal Abdul-Alim (3 times). So, your job is to call him in the morning, and invite him to accept Islam and, give him his new name.” My friend continued by saying, “Don’t play games with me! Tell me what happened!” I then related my experience the night before with tears in my eyes. A few days later, I drove non-stop from Houston, Texas to Washington, D.C to accept Islam in the presence of my dear friend, Attorney Haroun G. Cook.

Re: New Converts by Lagosboy: 4:06pm On May 03, 2009
@uplawal

May Allah strenghten your faith and make your feet firm on this path of felicity may he guide u aright on this path and protect you from the whispers of the Shaitan, may he forgive u ur sins, may he benefit you with a strong islam and make u a great benefit to the muslims and shining light of islam.
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 03, 2009
@Lagosboy
thanks so much, i do really appreciate, God bless you too
Re: New Converts by babs787(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2009
Salam dear sister. You are free to ask us brothers and sisters here,any issues relating to Islam,Christianity and Allah will be our guide. I am always happy anytime I wake up as a Muslim and may HE accepts our solat,supplications,zakat,striving and our deeds most especially our Dawah and count as part of our reward on that D-day
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 03, 2009
@babs

Amen and thanks so much, wiill always turn to you guys, be blessed
Re: New Converts by Nobody: 9:45am On May 04, 2009
'Whoever Allah wishes to guide, He opens his heart to Islam. . "

Welcome, uplawal.

Another Nairalander is already talking to me on his willingness to accept Islam. NL ID reserved but he's based in Canada and his real name is Michael.
Re: New Converts by noetic(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2009
uplawal:

i just got converted to ISLAM this month of APRIL 2009 and am really enjoying the faith, am feeling truth in ISLAM, i was a christian, even a good one for that matter, but having read the bible so well and so many contradictions in it and can't fathom why a book that is said to be inspired by God could contain so much confusion, and the ones that struck me most was the peter of cyerene that helped him to carry his cross and they dnt mention it that he was giving back to jesus in some gospel books, could it be is the PETER that was cruxified or could it be the JUDAS ISCARIOT that was cruxified and JESUS anscended to heaven with the four Angels i.e Rafeal,Micheal,Uriel,Gabriel according to Gospel Of Barnabas?that was not included because of it facts about it,apart from it, the death of JUDAS is not clear because one account contradicts another, saying he just pour the 30pieces of gold on the temple floor and hung himself also another account says he used the money to purchase a land and hung himself after,which one do we believe,its so confusing and i believe GOD is not a GOD of confusion,all these made me think JESUS didn't die on the cross.

The last straw that broke the camels back is the issue of the HOLYSPIRIT which has been manifesting right from creation,and even JESUS gave the desciples the holyspirit and told them he will send another PARACLATE for them to teach them ALLTHINGS, but will not send HIM to them until hes gone to GOD to beg him to give them, and i think since hes breathe on them to receive the HOLYSPIRIT while not yet gone to the FATHER that means HES the one that manifested in ANGEL GABRIEL'S form to Muhammad. All i can say is that the QURAN teaches ALLTHINGS even to the fact that how the embryo is formed to the last day it will be born is there, TIME formation is there and all others, its a complete science for way of life,how the earth is justified in both QURAN and sciences saying is round or spherical and the bible says its flat imagine!

The amazing thing there is that i always tell my fiance to receive christ as lord and personal saviour that hes GOD in flesh but will humbly tell me that, though as a muslim he acknowledge him and believe hes coming back but hes been annointed by GOD to deliver his message to mankind and hes not GOD,and truly if JESUS is GOD why would he cry to GOD my GOD my GOD why hath thou forsaken me thats if truly he was cruxified, my own thinking is that it could be either JUDAS or the PETER that carried hiis cross was cruxified instead, till this APRIL 2009 my guy never forced me to become a muslim but always tell me that i will know the truth one day,and about my GUY as a muslim is so devoted to GOD,hes caring, loving,understanding, faithful,sexy, brilliant,handsome and tall this not really necessary though but got to add it join, respectful,truthful, clean, he doesn't have to break the commandment to drink alcohol maybe when hes friends are drinking, he does not smoke, for a guy to be like this and u think hes not worshipping a true GOD? I thank GOD for his showing us the truth and i pray others too will see it, even DAVIDLYAN, NOETIC,OSISI and others, i wanna say a big thank you to NAIRALANDERS for their support in these and most websites.
grin grin grin grin grin grin this must be a joke grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Converts by bilms(m): 11:49am On May 04, 2009
uplawal,

u re welcome to the light.

being a muslim is not by power, or by knowledge, but by the grace of God. i am happy for u bcso u have received the grace and May allah continue to guide and direct u.

but note, being a muslim is not about bearing the name, or saying it with mouhth, but about the practice.

enjoy people to do good and forbad them from evil,

Allanwasallam
Re: New Converts by Abuzola(m): 9:35pm On May 16, 2009
Allahu akbar, am impress, May Allah gather us together once more in paradise amin
Re: New Converts by dominique(f): 8:03pm On May 18, 2009
@ uplawal,
welcome to Islam, may Allah continue to increase you in faith smiley

i consider myself a revert. i actually  strayed to the other side during my my high school days as a result of influence from my Xtian friends. i knew i was Muslim at the back of my mind but i was too carried away with the singing and stuff. . .long story short. one of my teachers started talking to us (me and my twin ) about Islam and she gave us some helpful books. . .around that time, i was getting fed up with the way the non-muslims badmouthed Muslims (just like Dd, noetic, tudor and co) cos i still felt the connection to them even though i wasn't practicing. . .by the time i started praying, my friends thought i was just faking to please my folks or somn' . . . but Alhamdulillah, i've not looked back since. i will forever be grateful to Allah for guiding me to Miss "A" who showed me back to the right path.

noetic:

grin grin grin grin grin grin this must be a joke  grin grin grin grin grin
no you're the joke cheesy tongue more and more people are seeing the light,  . .e  dey pain you tongue
Re: New Converts by Frizy(m): 9:54pm On May 18, 2009
i just got converted to ISLAM this month of  APRIL 2009 and am really enjoying the faith, am feeling truth in ISLAM, i was a christian, even a good one for that matter, but having read the bible so well and so many contradictions in it and can't fathom why a book that is said to be inspired by God could contain so much confusion, and the ones that struck me most was the peter of cyerene  that helped him to carry his cross and they dnt mention it that he was giving back to jesus in some gospel books, could it be is the PETER that was cruxified or could it be the JUDAS ISCARIOT that was cruxified and JESUS anscended to heaven with the four Angels i.e Rafeal,Micheal,Uriel,Gabriel according to Gospel Of Barnabas?that was not included because of it facts about it,apart from it, the death of  JUDAS is not clear because one account contradicts another, saying he just pour the 30pieces of gold on the temple floor and hung himself also another account says he used the money to purchase a land and hung himself after,which one do we believe,its so confusing and i believe GOD is not a GOD of confusion,all these made me think JESUS didn't die on the cross.

The last straw that broke the camels back is the issue of the HOLYSPIRIT which has been manifesting right from creation,and even JESUS gave the desciples the holyspirit and told them he will send another PARACLATE for them to teach them ALLTHINGS, but will not send HIM to them until hes gone to GOD to beg him to give them, and i think since hes breathe on them to receive the HOLYSPIRIT while not yet gone to the FATHER that means HES  the one that manifested in ANGEL GABRIEL'S form to Muhammad. All i can say is that the QURAN teaches ALLTHINGS even to the fact that how the embryo is formed  to the last day it will be born is there, TIME formation is there and all others, its a complete science for way of life,how the earth is justified in both QURAN and sciences saying is round or spherical and the bible says its flat imagine!

Good my sister in Islam, very good. You see I have declined to reply many Christians on this forum on religious matters because I have lost almost all hope that my talk with them would change anything. Am happy for you, and your husband. You have a good husband, many women don't know what they have until they have lost it (anyway, for another day).

Meanwhile, bookmark this pages I would post to you, they are very useful that you may familiarize yourself with the koran in English, this would allow you draw closer to Allah, and am sure your attentiveness would transform your life completely. You should listen gradually, anything you find that you don't understand should be directed to the forum for the Muslims to explain or you can give me a personal email.

The addresses are:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-144474.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-201684.0.html

For a safer gospel reading if you need to understand Christ wordings and past conversations with Christians on this forum check:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-131316.0.html

if you have questions, my email is :[email]femisalawudeen@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

Peace
Frizy smiley
Re: New Converts by bilms(m): 12:46pm On May 20, 2009
Alhamdulilah
Re: New Converts by tpiah: 4:41pm On May 20, 2009
bilms

are you that lady who has a blog on the web?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Excellence Of Martyrdom / 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab / Sheik Muhammad Ali Jabata Lecture On Abu Anifa And His Dolal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.