Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business (60561 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you / Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
This is to inform new LPG investors that we are not accepting new Skid/Plant orders until October 25, 2015.

Thank you for your understanding.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by adiukuonyebuchi: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
Please are you sure, 5000liters is equal to 3tonnes? Because, I have Google the conversation of 5000liter to tonnes. Is not given me 2.5tonnes
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by stagger: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
johnstin:
My face contorts into a frown whenever I stumble on threads where investors with a substantial amount of money are advised to invest in low-yielding or outrightly bad businesses.

As an enterpreneur who possesses a fairly rich repertoire of investment information and, one who has made a foray into several businesses, I can confidently declare that the LPG/Cooking Gas Station/plant business is one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria- more lucrative than having a Filling Station (Petrol Station).

Unfortunately, most people think you need several millions of naira to set up a Gas Station/Plant.
While a Mini-Plant (5 Ton Capacity) gulps at least 5 Million Naira to set up, you can be the happy owner of a 2.5 Ton Gas station with about 3.25 Million Naira only.

And what can be more irresistible; you can recoup your investment in a year or less, if your station is sited in a residenial area with a sizeable middle-class population.

To highlight how lucrative the business is, a Gas Plant (name witheld for security reasons- armed robbers, scammers and kidnappers) exhausted its 20 Ton transport tank within two days during the last gas scarcity period, raking in profit in excess of 600, 000 Naira.

For those who are wary of the danger of fire outbreaks at the station, let me allay your fears by stating that it is quite hard for a gas station to be engulfed in flames, if the basic safety principles are adhered to.
I deal with gas everyday at the plant and can safely say that gas, if handled properly, will not 'misbehave'.

I challenge anyone interested in investing in the fast growing LPG industry to get into the 'field' to conduct their individual research in order to verify or shoot down my claims.

And just in case you need LPG/cooking gas tanks of any capacity or need to construct a Standard Gas Station at an affordable cost, please don't hesitate to contact Avogadro Gas Services.

Thank you

There is one that is located not too far from my house. Not close to any residential areas, but on a single plot of land in my estate. I once went there to fill up and decided to spend some time there as they went to get the nozzle for my cylinder. Not less than 10 people filled their gas there in the 30 minutes I was there.

The business is lucrative.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by millhouse: 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
ses
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
stagger:

There is one that is located not too far from my house. Not close to any residential areas, but on a single plot of land in my estate. I once went there to fill up and decided to spend some time there as they went to get the nozzle for my cylinder. Not less than 10 people filled their gas there in the 30 minutes I was there.

The business is lucrative.

There is no doubt about that. Big plants that sell gas to retailers make more money.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by unuivea: 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hello Johnstin, please I am interested in theLPG plant business. I need to get in touch with and discuss further on it. Please you can send your contact/office address to my email unuivea@yahoo.com. Just send me a mail so we can commence the discussion. Thank you
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by thegov: 8:51am On Oct 24, 2015
pls i need info on the cost of starting 2.5mt gas plant in lagos

1 what is average cost of space in petrol station

2 how long will take for the installation

3 the require strength of staff need for a plant in a petrol station

4 how can l sale sale to small retailers and what cost will l be buying the gas
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by laudate: 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
johnstin:
We can help you procure it and any other LPG fitting and component.

laudate:
Ok, but what about LPG pumps? Would you advise Blackmeer or Corken? Some folks say Corken is more reliable...but the price is high.

Hi, still waiting for an answer. Would appreciate your prompt response on this issue.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by laudate: 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
thegov:
pls i need info on the cost of starting 2.5mt gas plant in lagos

1 what is average cost of space in petrol station

2 how long will take for the installation

3 the require strength of staff need for a plant in a petrol station

4 how can l sale sale to small retailers and what cost will l be buying the gas

Hmmn, answers to these questions depend on a lot of variables:

1 what is average cost of space in petrol station - It depends on that specific petrol station. You need to discuss with the owner.

2 how long will take for the installation - Ask Johnstin. I think he said 10 days?

3 the require strength of staff need for a plant in a petrol station - Just 2 people for a mini skid. As your operations go bigger, employ more staff.

4 how can l sale sale to small retailers and what cost will l be buying the gas - To sell to small retailers, you need to approach them directly and market your services to them. The cost of the gas varies from one depot to the other. In Lagos, you need to contact NAVGAS, NIPCO or PPMC depot, to find out their prices. Sometimes, only one of the depots have gas. At other times, all 3 depots have gas. TOTAL depot and OANDO depot in Apapa also stock gas, but their prices are usually slightly higher than others.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
unuivea:
Hello Johnstin, please I am interested in theLPG plant business. I need to get in touch with and discuss further on it. Please you can send your contact/office address to my email unuivea@yahoo.com. Just send me a mail so we can commence the discussion. Thank you

I will be in touch with you.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
laudate:

Hi, still waiting for an answer. Would appreciate your prompt response on this issue.

Viking and Blackmer pumps are good.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
laudate:

1 what is average cost of space in petrol station - It depends on that specific petrol station. You need to discuss with the owner.

2 how long will take for the installation - Ask Johnstin. I think he said 10 days?

3 the require strength of staff need for a plant in a petrol station - Just 2 people for a mini skid. As your operations go bigger, employ more staff.

4 how can l sale sale to small retailers and what cost will l be buying the gas - To sell to small retailers, you need to approach them directly and market your services to them. The cost of the gas varies from one depot to the other. In Lagos, you need to contact NAVGAS, NIPCO or PPMC depot, to find out their prices. Sometimes, only one of the depots have gas. At other times, all 3 depots have gas. TOTAL depot and OANDO depot in Apapa also stock gas, but their prices are usually slightly higher than others.

Mr. Laudate has said it all. He's loaded with good info on the Lpg business.

On the second question, it depends on our workload when you make your order.

Light workload- 8-10 working days
Medium workload- 15-18 working days
Heavy workload- 25- 32 working days
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
laudate:

Navgas is the most reliable in terms of constant availability of stock.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Fairly used 57, 000 Liters LPG Pressure Vessel (tank) for sale.
Features brand new pressure relief valves.

Call for details.

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by laudate: 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2015
johnstin:
Fairly used 57, 000 Liters LPG Pressure Vessel (tank) for sale.
Features brand new pressure relief valves.

Call for details.

Abeg, post the details here. Also, confirm - What is the year of manufacture?? Has it been pressure tested?? Or flushed with nitrogen? undecided
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by unuivea: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
@Johnstin, u are yet to contact on the LPG Plant business like u promise. Just send me a mail and l will take it from or let me know where l can meet you for further discussions. My email again is unuivea@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
unuivea:
@Johnstin, u are yet to contact on the LPG Plant business like u promise. Just send me a mail and l will take it from or let me know where l can meet you for further discussions. My email again is unuivea@yahoo.com. Thank you

I have established contact with you.
Please check your mail.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
laudate:

Abeg, post the details here. Also, confirm - What is the year of manufacture?? Has it been pressure tested?? Or flushed with nitrogen? undecided

Year of manufacture - 1979
It has been pressure tested and degassed.
Manufactured in France.

I'm sure you know we can't compared these used European-made tanks to all these new tanks from certain middle-eastern and asian countries.

European made tanks are extremely strong and durable, since they are made using very high standards.
With your wealth of knowledge, you already know, I'm sure.

I'm just trying to enlighten others that all that glitters is not gold. Some of these shiny and very attrative brand new tanks from some countries may not last up to 15 years before leakage starts from welded joints.

Be careful when buying new tanks from some countries.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
The 57, 000 Liters LPG tank is now off the market, so we are no longer entertaining enquires on it.

I will post the specs and pics of new tanks and bobtails as they become available.

Thank you.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by paycash: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
Stop
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by paycash: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
johnstin:
A 10 Tonne LPG Tanker in good working condition

Selling Price: 8 MIllion Naira

Hello I'm not comfortable with this picture because this is my truck stop using the picture.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
paycash:

Hello I'm not comfortable with this picture because this is my truck stop using the picture.

A gas engineer, who is a friend, sent the picture to me. We market LPG equipment for one another. It is as simple as that.
I've not confirmed from him if it has been sold or not. It's possible it's been sold and he forgot to inform me; I've not been in contact with him for sometime now.
The 57, 000 Liters LPG tank, which has been sold, was equally sent to me to market.
We market equipment for one another in the LPG industry, just as it is done in any industry.

I will take the picture down as soon as I hear from my friend or when you post pictures that confirm you are the new owner of the truck.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by temirunsh: 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hi Johnstin,

Kindly get in touch with me on runsh15@yahoo.com. I'm interested in the mini gas plants.

Thanks.
Temi
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 7:29am On Nov 30, 2015
temirunsh:
Hi Johnstin,

Kindly get in touch with me on runsh15@yahoo.com. I'm interested in the mini gas plants.

Thanks.
Temi
Okay, I will get in touch with you later today.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2015
paycash:

I've spoken with the gas engineer that forwarded the truck's details to me and he confirmed it has been sold.

So I'm making a formal announcement that the 10 Ton LPG Tanker I advertised on the 17th of August, 2015, has been sold. No further enquires on it can be entertained.

@Paycash
As I explained earlier, the details of the truck was sent to me to market. I wasn't in constant touch with the engineer that sent it; the truck was sold along the line and I never knew.
And you can see that I didn't make any recent comment about the truck, so there was no cause for alarm.

These things happen but I will mitigate against it in the future by remaining in touch with anyone that gives me lpg equipment to market.

Have a splendid day

3 Likes

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
This is to inform new LPG investors that we will cease to commence work on new orders from December 21 till the end of the year.

We will resume work fully on January 3rd, 2016.

Thank you
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by topsytoppy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good evening @Johnstin, thanks for the insight on this. I actually came looking for a thread like this because I see this as a very lucrative and viable business that is not too saturated. I am located in Uyo, akwa Ibom state and I will like your advise on how to get documents and what it costs. I basically think I will partner with a filling station. The 2.5 Mini Skid station with fairly used gas tank for 2.5 million looks good. So what i need to know is what documents and what it costs to get the documents. Do you also have an idea of how these filling stations partner? My email is agboola.temitope@gmail.com and my phone number is 08034251000. Thanks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
ncolumella:
Dear Investors,

● Yes the LPG business is a higly profitable business and currently there is little or no competition. The market itself has not yet gotten to it's full potential as just a little less than 25% of our population uses LPG as a cooking energy.
Currently, the LPG would be worth $10billion if 50% of our population uses LPG for cooking.

● The current General Manager of the NNPC and the Minster of state for petroleum Mr Ibe Kachiukwu has stated on various occasssion that in 2016, the use of LPG would be enforced. He also stated that free LPG cylinders would be given to all Nigerians. The budget for 2016 does not include subsidy for kerosene. It Is therefore evident that the use and demand of LPG would double in 2016 and now is the right time to make investments in the sector.

● Yes we also develop LPG business for investors. We go beyond just building skid plants or stationary plants to helping our investors business to be profitable by providing LPG business plans/Feasibility study reports, Market research and branding.

Our works speaks for us!!

● Please find below screen shots of our Business plan/ feasibility study report which any skid plant owner must have before venturing into the business.

● The business plan comes with a 3years financial forecasts which includes viability analysis, Cash flow, profit and Loss etc. it is professionally written plan that would guide you on how to grow and manage your business.

It can also be used to source for Loans or investors.

Price: N30, 000

If interested in the feasibility report or our skid plants please contact m

IK. Williams.

Please you can create your own thread and do as you wish on it.

It is disrespectful to advertise your services on someone else's thread without permission.

Do the needful please.

Thanks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
topsytoppy:
Good evening @Johnstin, thanks for the insight on this. I actually came looking for a thread like this because I see this as a very lucrative and viable business that is not too saturated. I am located in Uyo, akwa Ibom state and I will like your advise on how to get documents and what it costs. I basically think I will partner with a filling station. The 2.5 Mini Skid station with fairly used gas tank for 2.5 million looks good. So what i need to know is what documents and what it costs to get the documents. Do you also have an idea of how these filling stations partner? My email is agboola.temitope@gmail.com and my phone number is 08034251000. Thanks

First, you need to obtain the survey plan of your site, done in your business name.

Next, apply for a Police permit in the Divisional Police Headquarters in your area.

Next, with these two documents, you will apply for Fire Service Approval.

You can go to the relevant offices to find out the rates yourself. You can get these permits done yourself if you have the time; nothing special in it.
And it will be more cost effective for you.

You know what is obtainable in Nigeria, I guess. Your contacts in these departments, matter.
And how much you are willing to drop to "encourage" officials.

I will try and establish contact when I can but when you can to make things move faster.

I wish you the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Effect Of Cashless Policy / Why Are Banks Not Opened Today? / When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.