Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business (60430 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you / Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

Can you give me an estimate of what each of the items above would cost? My cousin is thinking of getting into this business so I'm doing some research for him.

Thanks.

The issue is that the prices of some of these items change often- at times almost on a daily basis.

50kg is about N22, 000 presently. If you are in lagos, you can go to these warehouses in mile 2/agric or Alaba Intl. Market to get the best prices.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Alakwa: 6:40am On Sep 21, 2016
Hi Justin ,
Please I am really interested in constructing a mini plant in my area some where in Niger Delta , can you please shoot me a mail on approximately the cost of constructing a 5ton Plant. Sunnyg_blue@yahoo.com.

Regards
Sunny
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Abbey1045(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
johnstin:

1. No, the quoted N5/3.5m doesn't include the cost of land.
It includes the LPG tank, dispensing unit (pump), piping work and digital scale units.

2. The DPR requires a standard plant to be sited on four plots of land. The minimum distance from a tank and a fixed source of ignition (residential buildings etc) is 15m.

However, several investors in Lagos and Ogun States, just find a convenient space that may not be even up to a plot of land to install 2.5 and 3 Ton tanks.
A good understanding with neigbours is very important for its successful operation.
Many others also partner with filling stations to place their 2.5/3 Ton tanks there.

3. The quoted sum is constant irrespective of the location within Nigeria, but the transportation cost of the tank (s) and other components will be borne by the investor.

P.S If you intend to construct a plant on a piece of land in a residential area, ensure that you seek the approval of the community (especially the house owners adjoining your plant) before proceeding.
This is important because you may find it diffucult or impossible to get the necessary permits if the community members write petitions to the regulatory authorities like DPR, State Land and Physical Planning, etc.

Alternatively, if you suspect the community will kick against it; maybe there are one or two enemies of progress in your community, never disclose to anybody that you are constructing a gas plant.
Apply for and process all the necessary permits before even bringing your tanks to the site.
Your DPR approval process must get to an irreversible stage before you commence visible construction at the site.

We are currently experiencing this very problem with a gas plant sited in a residential area.
The owner of the plant secured the support(albeit reluctantly) of the community at the inception of the project, but they changed their minds in the aftermath of the explosion at the Arakale Gas plant in November, 2014.
Consequently they wrote petitions against the project to DPR, State L&P, Comm. of Police, Town Planning and about four other agencies.

The project is at a standstill as we speak.

well job done, I wish to move higher in the business but with this I believe I can move forward.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by ddestiny20(m): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2016
is there any smaller than d 2.5 Ton cause I need to start with something smaller
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by ncolumella(m): 8:06am On Sep 22, 2016
ddestiny20:
is there any smaller than d 2.5 Ton cause I need to start with something smaller

no I'm sorry....we smallest we have is 2.5tons
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
ddestiny20:

Yes, we have 1.5 Ton.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
ncolumella:

no I'm sorry....we smallest we have is 2.5tons

Please stick to your thread and don't impersonate.

Thanks.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by ddestiny20(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
johnstin:

Yes, we have g1.5 Ton.
give me a qoute of the 1.5 ton plus installation. can it enter a big shop?
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by ugwup: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good day Johnstin, Please can you give me quot what it will take to fully install 5 ton and 10 ton gas plant with at least 3 to 5 filling nozzle at Enugu state apart from land requirement kindly send it to ifeanyi.p@gmail.com, can you also help to get DPR permit? Thanks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Abbey1045(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
I much do need to establish gas plant of 20tons tank with the cost of the tank.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by princejr(m): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2016
asset198:
Good day, I'm interested in a 10 tn plant I have a land and some approvals already done. Land is in Ado-Ekiti with an existing flat
I will need a quotation / proposal and also like to know where you come in to do your part in the construction.
Thanks,
Adedoyin

Good Day,
Pls I would like to communicate with you with regards to gas plant construction in Ado.
My no: 09028973484.
Thanks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
Serious investors can call me on 07012617913.

I want to all LPG skid and plant owners to take safety seriously and desist from practices that can lead to disastrous situations.

DPR appears to be "relaxed"at the moment which is why lpg skids (especially the 2.5 Ton tank) are being mounted everywhere without much opposition from the regulatory agency.
Make no mistake, the proliferation of LPG skids is not being checked to allow the LPG industry to grow.

However, DPR will be forced to act and shut down many of such skids sited inappropriately if disasters occur. It is our prayer that this doesn't happen.

Please keep all sources of ignition away from your pressure vessel and filling gantry.

Meanwhile, I know most gas station owners are eagarly anticipating the december boom period.
Truth be told, I can't wait for the period to arrive as well because of the fast sales of gas we will record then.

The major prayer is that we shouldn't experience scarcity of lpg during the festive season.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by laudate: 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
Do you have 5MT LPG Gas Skids in stock, now?
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by zeestone99(m): 11:23am On Nov 15, 2016
Hello Justin, can I install a 5tonne lpg tank and a 2.5tonne tank on a plot of land, Land is not close to residential area. Will dpr approve it for a mini plant. Thnks
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Oshare2: 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Pls I ve a 3 and half plot of land in a residential area and am thinking of site LPG plant in it. Pls wud like to know wat d 5MT mini plant cost n 10MT plant wud cost. Also if am to put a mini skin mounted do still need all required documentations.
Here is my email rakpo20@gmail.com
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by lynkyinka(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
johnstin:
Serious investors can call me on 07012617913.

I want to all LPG skid and plant owners to take safety seriously and desist from practices that can lead to disastrous situations.

DPR appears to be "relaxed"at the moment which is why lpg skids (especially the 2.5 Ton tank) are being mounted everywhere without much opposition from the regulatory agency.
Make no mistake, the proliferation of LPG skids is not being checked to allow the LPG industry to grow.

However, DPR will be forced to act and shut down many of such skids sited inappropriately if disasters occur. It is our prayer that this doesn't happen.

Please keep all sources of ignition away from your pressure vessel and filling gantry.

Meanwhile, I know most gas station owners are eagarly anticipating the december boom period.
Truth be told, I can't wait for the period to arrive as well because of the fast sales of gas we will record then.

The major prayer is that we shouldn't experience scarcity of lpg during the festive season.

Hi, I called you last year and asked that you send an email to detailing what it will take to set up a mini skid 2.5MT.

kindly assist lynkyink@yahoo.com

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by clementy117(m): 4:43pm On Apr 01, 2017
Nice thread...
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
zeestone99:
Hello Justin, can I install a 5tonne lpg tank and a 2.5tonne tank on a plot of land, Land is not close to residential area. Will dpr approve it for a mini plant. Thnks

A plot and half or preferably two, will be suitable and will guarantee DPR approval.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
laudate:
Do you have 5MT LPG Gas Skids in stock, now?

No we don't at the moment. However, we are expecting 3.5MT lpg tanks by the first week in May.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by uneksoma: 3:49pm On May 14, 2017
Hi there,

It is common fact that after water, cooking gas is becoming the most pressing need in nigerian homes.

Atleast, by observation, one can spot one person dragging a cylinder every Saturday for refill.

In Nigeria, it's demand Is far more than its supply, this gap presents the investment oppurtunity we hope that many nigerians will tap into.

We love parties, we like our cultural delicacies, we have children, kerosene is becoming super expensive, cooking gas is cheaper in the long run.... why not invest in this teeming market.

I will not sit here and lie to you that itshe a cheap investment, no it is not. It is quite capital intensive to start up, you should rather invest in treasury bills if you have no balls for it. But..... if you do, wow, the pay off is huge!! I cant stress enough the demand gap that so glaringly stares us in the face.

You may not begin as an offtaker ( average folks like us dont).... well some people aren't average too, I digress. But you can start by owning mini skid plants with a 2.5MT OR 5MT OR 10MT moveable gas plants. This can serve atleast 500 homes per refill of say a 2.5MT.

Densely populated areas like Ajeromi, Iba, ajangbadi are usually choice areas clients choose because of the rapid turnover rates.

Larger tanks of a capacity of 15MT to 100MT and much more can serve as storage facilities, feeding bucktails, bridges, outright retailers, skid plant owners, large quantity purchases like manufacturing industries using LPG.. etc.

This is just to wet you appetite...... grin

Talk to us today, we establish businesses all over Nigeria.

We are number 1.... we are kiakiagas.

Business development team,

KIAKIAGAS NIGERIA LTD.

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by smallsuper: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
smallsuper:
Hi johnstin, am in Ife and am interested in construction of mini LPG plant, am considering either a capacity of 10 or 5 metric ton. u can contact me on akinpeluakorede@yahoo.com. pls do it ASAP, its urgent.

Hi Johnstin, i need your quotation for constructing a mini LPG skid of 2.5 or 5 metric ton. u can contact me on akinpeluakorede@yahoo.com. pls do it ASAP, its urgent.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I have observed that some desperate LPG station installers have been advertising their services on this thread.
I hereby dissociate myself from such installers.
Any investor who deals with them does so at his/her own risk and I will not be held accountable if any untoward situation arises during the course of dealing with these installers.
They have not sought for my permission and I haven't given them any approval to place any advert on this thread.
They are violating a nairaland rule and I urge the moderators to take the appropriate action.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by Happychild(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2017
please what app
on 08033403504
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by louismane2: 5:05am On Nov 24, 2017
Where is your office in Lagos? I’m a serious customer I intend to install a 2.5 Mt skid plant before 1st week of dec
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
ddestiny20:
We have 1.8 Tons.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Keep forwarding this important reminder of the day:

*NO PHONES IN KITCHEN PLEASE*
Do you make calls or receive calls in your kitchen? Just 3 days ago, at a gas station at Osogbo, people were brought into the casualty department of a hospital, others transferred to OAUTH Ife for burns injury which they sustained while one customer was receiving phone calls at a Cooking Gas Depot.

Even microwave oven or induction stoves could be dangerous.
Some people cook with the phone pressed against their ears! Please stop making or receiving calls in the kitchen. It is as dangerous as making or receiving calls in a petrol station.

Please don't forget to notify your loved ones". If the call is very urgent then move away from the gas by 10-12 feet distance and then take the call.
Remember that your safety is your family's safety as well.
If this information is useful to you. Please don't lock it up in your phone. Spread the safety precaution news.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by agarawu23(m): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2017
johnstin:

We have 1.8 Tons.
good morning, what's the cost to order for a 12300 kg gas plus where can one buy cheaper?
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by meetgaya: 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2018
pls can you assist me with feasibility/business plan for lpg
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by id4sho(m): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
johnstin:
Keep forwarding this important reminder of the day:

*NO PHONES IN KITCHEN PLEASE*
Do you make calls or receive calls in your kitchen? Just 3 days ago, at a gas station at Osogbo, people were brought into the casualty department of a hospital, others transferred to OAUTH Ife for burns injury which they sustained while one customer was receiving phone calls at a Cooking Gas Depot.

Even microwave oven or induction stoves could be dangerous.
Some people cook with the phone pressed against their ears! Please stop making or receiving calls in the kitchen. It is as dangerous as making or receiving calls in a petrol station.

Please don't forget to notify your loved ones". If the call is very urgent then move away from the gas by 10-12 feet distance and then take the call.
Remember that your safety is your family's safety as well.
If this information is useful to you. Please don't lock it up in your phone. Spread the safety precaution news.
Brother more grease to your elbow. i intend establishing a LPG plant in Gombe State. I am presently undergoing a personal research on LPG PLANT. Once am done and ready, I will contact you ASAP. i salute you.
Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2018
id4sho:

Brother more grease to your elbow. i intend establishing a LPG plant in Gombe State. I am presently undergoing a personal research on LPG PLANT. Once am done and ready, I will contact you ASAP. i salute you.

No problem sir. Will be ready when you are ready.

1 Like

Re: The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business by johnstin(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
I'm indeed very happy many Nigerians are investing in the LPG industry.

I want to urge all LPG Plant owners to take safety very seriously.

It gives me concern when I get to some plants and see the attendants over-filling cylinders.
For example, some fill as much as 60kg in 50kg cylinders, 7kg in 6kg cylinders, 6kg in 5kg cylinders etc.

This is a very dangerous practice that can lead to explosion. Some of these cylinders being over- filled are very old and worse still, the attendants don't even know the vapor pressure of the LPG they are selling.

I urge all Plant owners to endeavour to monitor these attendants/refillers as much as possible.

Our sweat and investments will not go up in flames in Jesus Name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burj Khalifa: Tony Elumelu Poses In Front Of The Tallest Building In The World / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy / Why Are Banks Not Opened Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.