Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims (30679 Views)

Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? / Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Slingkey(m): 1:21am On Jul 14, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved N160 to $1 exchange rate for the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission’s (NCPC) operations.

The commission’s Executive Secretary, John Keneddy-Opara, told State House correspondents after briefing Buhari on the commission’s activities at the State House, Abuja.

He said: “As you are aware, he has approved $1 to N160 for the conventional exchange rate for this pilgrimage operation and he also agreed that he will continue to encourage us, particularly as we drive to ensure self-sustenance, to make sure that the pilgrims are able to pay for the pilgrimages by removing government sponsorship.

“This is a journey and we are sure that we are going to succeed. So, he was very happy with the entire process. We are praying that God will help us to be a source of strength to Mr.

President, so that the Federal Government and states will spend the necessary resources on other things while the pilgrimage is self-funding as time goes on.

“We are already running four pilgrimages in one year. The first is the Easter pilgrimage, which has passed, the Youth Pilgrimage which we termed operation catch them young, the family pilgrimage and the overall pilgrimage. For those going to Israel for the 11 days trip, it is N379,840 and for the youth pilgrimage, it is going to cost N357,000.”

Nigerians on pilgrimage, he noted, can now undergo skill acquisition programme organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission and Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, towards training them in the area of agriculture.

He added: “We are introducing the pilgrimage pilot lottery scheme that will enable people who are lucky to be able to go on this trip without much dependence on the state and the Federal Government.”

He said he was in the State House to brief the President on the activities of the commission.

“I came to brief the President on the activities of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission. Earlier, my colleague, the Chairman of Hajj Commission had come to brief him.

“I had to tell him where we are and how we started the commission and where we are today and our prayers. I want to say that the President was very happy with the commission and he said the commission has done very well.”
www.thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/

cc: lalasticlala

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 14, 2015
cool
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by talentedjoe(m): 2:06am On Jul 14, 2015
I've said it before..still sayin it...and what did I say?

Good gestures everywhere!!!...it's my birthday pal..show me sm luv

243 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by unitysheart(m): 2:06am On Jul 14, 2015
Interesting. So he is not enforcing sharia and islamizing Nigeria afterall. Where are the propagandists?

174 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Beesluv: 2:52am On Jul 14, 2015
Good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:58am On Jul 14, 2015
Okay by me too

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by isbish(m): 5:37am On Jul 14, 2015
O God! Give Nigerians the wisdom and knowledge to know this great servant you have bestowed on them especially those who are constantly misinformed and those who for trivial reasons other than merit and objectivity chose to hate PMB cos he is what who chose him to be. We love u PMB and God is with you.

125 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:51am On Jul 14, 2015
And tomorrow now some set of biased ppl will come up here to say Buhari will Islamalize the whole of naija

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Precious91(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2015
ok.Buhari always giving TAN.oids hot blood

56 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by PassingShot(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Bigots what says thou?

Btw, the FG has no business sponsoring anyone on pilgrimage, or subsidizing it, be it Hajj or to Israel.

Religion is personal affair and should be treated as such. Let whoever is interested in performing Hajj or journey to Jerusalem look for money to do so. We cannot afford to continue to fund such very expensive pilgrimages.

May God continue to guide our president to do what is right for the country.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by ShakurM(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Tanoids! This is just the beginning cool...Una never chee chom chin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by fulanimafia: 7:03am On Jul 14, 2015
First he cuts his pay by 50%...

Next he makes 6 appointments in 2 hours...

Then he reduces the cost of a dollar for Christians going to Jerusalem...

Baba Go Steady...na only you waka come?

Nigeria will be great again.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by korel9: 7:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Ok.

But I thought he promised us a $1 - #1 exchange rate? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 14, 2015
N1=$1 possible or not

We will still do business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Oildichotomy(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2015
We know why this is on the news, all in a bid to show his new free religious stance.
For the record, Christian pilgrimage is more or less a tourism or self-religious affair because there is no commandment to that effect from our lord Jesus christ.

Unlike the Hajj which is a mandatory pillar of Islam, Those glorifying this subsidized dollar should drop it already cos that is not a true testament to the perceived Buharic religious bigotry and sharia antecedents.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Dindondin(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2015
What is the economic implication?
Last Bullet Good for the people.
Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by ramdris(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2015
PMB is d best thing that has happened to this country after bread and beans

Honestly I do pity TANOIDS cos PMB keeps doing, saying and acting the right thing thereby giving them (saTANist) nothing to hold on to.

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Olofintoto(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2015
talentedjoe:

Happy birthday.
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by dennisworld1(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2015
he wants to christianise nigeria

35 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 14, 2015
Cool
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by okedoyinolabisi(f): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2015
God bless u sir! more grace to do better!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by anonimi: 7:05am On Jul 14, 2015
But muslim pigrims are fully catered for.

Who is this Sharia monger trying to fool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2094761_b60ddvicqaawwfb_jpegcaf20b03a32f629134f4358ff7cc86a2

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by nijanigga: 7:05am On Jul 14, 2015
waste of resources.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by iamdapilla(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
Issorai!
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by gbaskiboy: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
No wahala am watching
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by ShakurM(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
dennisworld1:
he wants to christianise nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by doctimi(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
We must stop using state funds to finance pilgrimage. It should be a personal choice and cost borne by supposed pilgrim. Moreover, it doesn't increase your piety neither does it make you a better Christian than others. Government has a lot to do with money than subsidizing a pleasure journey.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by tbmas(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
I don't support ( am a christian)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by TeamSimple(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
Watch how Hypocripcy plays out on this thread. Just watch.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
talentedjoe:

Happy Birthday, buddy! cheesy
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by korel9: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
ramdris:
PMB is d best thing that has happened to this country after bread and beans

Believe me you've not tried garri and groundnut grin

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Seequadry(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2015
eyaaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor David Ogbueli Celebrates 51st Birthday: Biography, Founder Dominion City / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.