Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims (30705 Views)

Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? / Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by tonyObi2(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2015
Unless the Nigerian Nation stops using state funds to sponsor religious trips and engagements (be it Christians, muslims, hindu or otherwise), the wastefulness of government will continue. This needs to CHANGE. Travel to Mecca or Israel with your own money. After all, religion is a personal volition. With the way we are going, Greece situation will be a lesser case compare to what Nigeria will face in 2019 if expenses that are not designed to add any value to the Nigeria's condition are not jettisoned for meaning projects and programs. Naira remains 235 to a dollar and importation of what we can produce in Nigeria continues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2015
Well it's a good gesture if true,but I don't think the govt should keep sponsoring or supporting pilgrimages;it's not the business of government. Let religious organisations like CAN and their Muslim counterparts do that. Govt should channel resources to developments. What about traditional religious worshippers? Glad to be back on nairaland though after almost two weeks after my phone and tab were taken from my utility bus two Saturdays ago when I went to deliver some cakes to my clients,I leave them for my creator hand..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by drss(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2015
I thought APC squarrels said Pilgrimage will be abolished to save more resources? Nigerians has been scammed!
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by MadCow1: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2015
Dear President Buhari..

I am a supporter of yours and still am buy please if you follow in this pilgrim tradition of using State funds to sponsor religious activities then I am afraid to say you have started failing in my eyes.

The government has no business sponsoring a religious event. Most especially one that puts money into the hands of a foreign government. I have not seen the government sponsoring our local deities and shrines, yet Saudi Arabia and Israel make hundreds of millions of Dollars yearly from many nation's including the Nigerian government.

Any Nigerian who wishes to travel on pilgrimage should fork our the money for their trip themselves and not take monies that could have been used to build infrastructures that we all can enjoy across religious lines and use it to sponsor one group.

Thanks Sir..

Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by ElFenomeno1: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2015
korel9:

After making your view known you now crowned it with your stupidity and foolishness.
Anofia angry

Your father is the monumental embodiment of stupidity and foolishness
Fu...cking bastard!!!!
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by hollarwaley: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=ShakurM post=35836836][/quote]

easy bro, dont b mad
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by abat4real37(f): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2015
isbish:
O God! Give Nigerians the wisdom and knowledge to know this great servant you have bestowed on them especially those who are constantly misinformed and those who for trivial reasons other than merit and objectivity chose to hate PMB cos he is what who chose him to be. We love u PMB and God is with you.
I just read this same comment on my FB page
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Bnladan(m): 8:14am On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:
When he starts funding them fully like their Muslim counterparts or scrap both systems to zero equally then we will know he's serious.
For now this means nada.
Brother, let's be honest and sincere, Government only subsidizes d cost of pilgrimage to both religions. Dey also come 2 play in helping nigerians obtain Visas. And then provide medical attention for d pilgrims in d host nations. I went 4 tyms for pilgrimage and dis are d only benefits I enjoyed.
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 14, 2015
Oildichotomy:
We know why this is on the news, all in a bid to show his new free religious stance.
For the record, Christian pilgrimage is more or less a tourism or self-religious affair because there is no commandment to that effect from our lord Jesus christ.

Unlike the Hajj which is a mandatory pillar of Islam, Those glorifying this subsidized dollar should drop it already cos that is not a true testament to the perceived Buharic religious bigotry and sharia antecedents.
I love pple like you....Let say the news was PMB stop state funding xtain pilgrimage or to make it sound better. PMB said xtain pilgrimage isn't important so government discourages it.
What will be your response.
pple like you even if you witness 24/7 electricity you will say na china mega watt

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by cococandy(f): 8:14am On Jul 14, 2015
Bnladan:
Brother, let's be honest and sincere, Government only subsidizes d cost of pilgrimage to both religions. Dey also come 2 play in helping nigerians obtain Visas. And then provide medical attention for d pilgrims in d host nations. I went 4 tyms for pilgrimage and dis are d only benefits I enjoyed.
ok
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by carzola(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2015
Buhari if you like stop eating meat to save nigeria's money we know you are evil and you got no agenda than evil

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Bnladan(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2015
drss:
I thought APC squarrels said Pilgrimage will be abolished to save more resources? Nigerians has been scammed!
when pls?
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by abat4real37(f): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2015
korel9:
Ok.

But I thought he promised us a $1 - #1 exchange rate? undecided
may be in your dream
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by 123reversed: 8:18am On Jul 14, 2015
Changi ni! One Daura President i sell am por two pourty one neira? Shege yaro!
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Bnladan(m): 8:18am On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:
ok
thanks for understanding
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Bnladan(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2015
tonyObi2:
Unless the Nigerian Nation stops using state funds to sponsor religious trips and engagements (be it Christians, muslims, hindu or otherwise), the wastefulness of government will continue. This needs to CHANGE. Travel to Mecca or Israel with your own money. After all, religion is a personal volition. With the way we are going, Greece situation will be a lesser case compare to what Nigeria will face in 2019 if expenses that are not designed to add any value to the Nigeria's condition are not jettisoned for meaning projects and programs. Naira remains 235 to a dollar and importation of what we can produce in Nigeria continues.
A tanoid speaking cool grin
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by abat4real37(f): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2015
TeamSimple:

Pls explain better,coz I don't understand the meaning of the phrase 'fully catered for' like they go for free?

check your dictionary
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by daikale: 8:21am On Jul 14, 2015
it's time I become a JP
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by ibedun: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2015
adconline:
So people who are creating wealth and jobs in the country are being forced to go to black market to buy $ at the rate of N241 while religious travelers are given FX at N160?? Religion has killed more Nigerians than hardship.. What's the economic impact of this stupid gesture? Further drain on foreign reserves! This is govt is really looking like another clueless regime.

Sir, I think you are the absolutely clueless one here. So you expect Buhari to just simply ban the trip or withdraw the hitherto pilgrimage support in this highly charged ethno-religious political environment of ours? The president as a very calm knowledgeable and efficient man has rightly advised the commission that the federal government will withdraw such support soon, that those pilgrims should be prepared to self-sponsor in the very near future. That is how you manage affairs in a complex, rural, poor country like ours.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Youngzedd(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2015
doctimi:
We must stop using state funds to finance pilgrimage. It should be a personal choice and cost borne by supposed pilgrim. Moreover, it doesn't increase your piety neither dies it make you a better Christian than others. Government has a lot to do with money than subsidizing a pleasure journey.

I wonder Oooo

Waste of limited resources.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by 123reversed: 8:23am On Jul 14, 2015
Changi ni! One Daura Du.lard i sell am por two pourty one neira? Shege yaro!
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by grabs(m): 8:24am On Jul 14, 2015
Dead brain! this is not economics.
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by drss(m): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2015
Bnladan:
when pls?
March 28, 2015.
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by drss(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2015
Bnladan:
when pls?
March 28, 2015.
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by grabs(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2015
ibedun:

Sir, I think you are the absolutely clueless one here. So you expect Buhari to just simply ban the trip or withdraw the hitherto pilgrimage support in this highly charged ethno-religious political environment of ours? The president as a very calm knowledgeable and efficient man has rightly advised the commission that the federal government will withdraw such support soon, that those pilgrims should be prepared to self-sponsor in the very near future. That is how you manage affairs in a complex, rural, poor country like ours.

I am yet to see anyone more hollow than you are. Infact you are worse than a vaccum.
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 14, 2015
But I heard differently on the news which reported that the christains pilgrim organisation are pulling out from government sponsorship?
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Bluffly: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2015
PassingShot:
Bigots what says thou?

Btw, the FG has no business sponsoring anyone on pilgrimage, be it Hajj or to Israel.

Religion is personal affair and should be treated as such. Let whoever is interested in performing Hajj or journey to Jerusalem look for money to do so. We cannot afford to continue to fund such very expensive pilgrimages.

May God continue to guide our president to do what is right for the country.

Any religious commission should be scrapped

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Bnladan(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2015
drss:

March 28, 2015.
Reference pls
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by PassingShot(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=Bnladan post=35838316][/quote]
Learn how to quote properly first. Then learn to understand infer messages. Not everything will be clearly spelt out for you.
Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Idrismusty97(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2015
Dull brain Namadi Sambo is right after all! "APC plans to Christianized Nigeria, Osinbajo have 5000 churchs...There is no party more Islamic than PDP" -Namadi Sambo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by chigoizie7(m): 8:48am On Jul 14, 2015
I just hope the government is not sponsoring them ooh.

Nigeria govt is too broke to sponsor pilgrimages,

If u want to go on a pilgrimage, make ur cash available, the only thing the govt should do, is make sure dey provide u security diplomatically.

Both christian and muslim pilgrimages should be scraped.

They are wasting our limited resources , what are they even gaining from such visits? Enriching the host country with our limited resources via tourism?

Bunch of corrupt people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by korel9: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Your father is the monumental embodiment of stupidity and foolishness
Fu...cking bastard!!!!

You are suffering from alphabetical diarrhoea so keep displaying your stupidity and foolishness.

Another he-goat from Daura grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) / Brands, companies celebrate Easter with Creative designs (Photos) / Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.