Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Confusion!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Confusion!!! (1410 Views)

Chaii! This Lady’s Huge Asset Will Leave You In Confusion (photos) / See A Girlfriend's Reply To Her Boo Causing Confusion On Facebook / Big Breast Causing Confusion Everywhere Instagram,nairaland,ikeja& Aso Rock(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion!!! by rheether(f): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2015
I was a science student during my secondary school days but I had always wanted to study an art related course but my strict father won't just let me do that because he wanted me to be a medical doctor. How I got admission into the University of Nigeria still remain a mystery to me. Now my exams are fast approaching and I find myself reading business relate books instead of studying for exam. Is there really any hope for me? Can I study an art related course with ma science O level results? NL pls help me out.
Re: Confusion!!! by ShutTheFhuckUp: 10:31am On Jul 14, 2015
rheether:
I was a science student during my secondary
school days but I had always wanted to study
an art related course but my strict father
won't just let me do that because he wanted
me to be a medical doctor. How I got
admission into the University of Nigeria still
remain a mystery to me. Now my exams are
fast approaching and I find myself reading
business relate books instead of studying for
exam. Is there really any hope for me? Can I
study an art related course with ma science O
level results? NL pls help me out.
u find urself reading busness related books.?
Lmfao.!

Girl, ur dad dun eff up by forcing yhu to read wah u don't like,
My advice is, try read d books meant ⁴d course u studying now
& see hw d result will b since its ur 1st year.

U myt perform better dan u expect & if its d oda way round...show ur dad d result & let him see dt daamn course he wants ain't ur way.

#tho ds shuldnt b here#

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2015
sure, u can...but business isnt related to art. wit ur science o level, u can study economis, bus admin.nd etc..just search nd keep searching.

but babe, how is dat romantic nd why should it be on dis section?
Re: Confusion!!! by rheether(f): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2015
Am not in ma first year. Am in ma third year and ma results has never been good right from ma second year. I took this current jamb but I have been getting lots of discouragement cuz no Uni will allow do an art related course with a science Olevel result.
Re: Confusion!!! by rheether(f): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2015
After posting it in the Educational section nobody has replied for over an hour..
Re: Confusion!!! by ggrin(f): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2015
how's this romantic undecided
Re: Confusion!!! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2015
rheether:
I was a science student during my secondary
school days but I had always wanted to study
an art related course but my strict father
won't just let me do that because he wanted
me to be a medical doctor. How I got
admission into the University of Nigeria still
remain a mystery to me. Now my exams are
fast approaching and I find myself reading
business relate books instead of studying for
exam. Is there really any hope for me? Can I
study an art related course with ma science O
level results? NL pls help me out.

First of all you can't study an art related course with your the O levels you have. Except for a course like Economics.
The subjects you did in Waec are just basically for science courses, to study an art course you need credits in specific art related subjects.
But that's by the way

Now to the issue at hand. I think you are a bit confused here. What do you actually want to study? Business is different from art. They are two different things entirely. You said you are reading business books during your exams period. Business books aren't art books. The courses that have to do with business are different from the courses under art.
Now I throw the question to you again. What do you actually want to study. You have to be true to yourself and be clear as to what it is you really want.

You are already studying a medical course and your exams are fast approaching. I will advise you focus on your exams and read your books. Get good grades first and after the exams you can choose to make a decision.

I will never advise anyone to study a course he/she doesn't want. Their is a certain amount of passion needed to excel in something and someone can't have such passion, if he/she doesn't like that thing he is doing.

Talk to your dad, tell him how you feel about everything. Talk to you mum also. Tell them you are not happy with the course you are studying. Also tell them what you intend on studying. Try to persuade them to see things from your own perspective.

But you should also understand that you will need to work really hard to get admission into studying an art course.
I don't know how your school does transfers, but in Uniben, you have to have good grades in your first year. But that's majorly for courses under the same field.
I believe you will have to write O'levels again, except if you want to study ecomomics or economics& statistics, but I might be wrong though.
Either way, you will have to work hard if you want to achieve your dreams.

I respect the fact that you have come to the full realization that the course you are studying isn't what you are supposed studying.
Most people just spend the whole 4-5 years in school, studying courses that they don't want to study.
And you see them struggle their way through school without the zeal to study and perform well.
But you have taken a bold step, and I wish you all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Confusion!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2015
rheether:
After posting it in the Educational section nobody has replied for over an hour..
Pathetic. Honestly your dad didn't do well, but however there is still a way out.
Call me let me advice you.

You really need help.
Re: Confusion!!! by Sveen: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2015
misssclassy:

First of all you can't study an art related course with your the O levels you have. The subjects you did in Waec are just basically for science courses, to study an art course you need credits in specific art related subjects.
But that's by the way

Now to the issue at hand. I think you are a bit confused here. What do you actually want to study? Business is different from art. They are two different things entirely. You said you are reading business books during your exams period. Business books aren't art books. The courses that have to do with business are different from the courses under art.
Now I throw the question to you again. What do you actually want to study. You have to be true to yourself and be clear as to what it is you really want.

You are already studying a medical course and your exams are fast approaching. I will advise you focus on your exams and read your books. Get good grades first and after the exams you can choose to make a decision.

I will never advise anyone to study a course he/she doesn't want. Their is a certain amount of passion needed to excel in something and someone can't have such passion, if he/she doesn't like that thing he is doing.

Talk to your dad, tell him how you feel about everything. Talk to you mum also. Tell them you are not happy with the course you are studying. Also tell them what you intend on studying. Try to persuade them to see things from your own perspective.

But you should also understand that you will need to work really hard to get admission into studying an art course.
I don't know how your school does transfers, but in Uniben, you have to have good grades in your first year. But that's majorly for courses under the same field.
I believe you will have to write O'levels again. I might be wrong though.

All this epistle. U be councellor?
Re: Confusion!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Op the deed has already been done,read your books and prepare harder for ur exams, btw ur story is kinda confusing,you have passion for art,ur dad pursued you to be in the science classes but you found yourself reading business related books,hmmmmmm plz go and talk to ur dad,it ovious u dnt even knw what u really want, am sorry but u wil have to convinced your dad to respect ur opinion , even if u manage to pass through school,u wil found yourself nt excelling in ur work place,knw that there is life after school.
Re: Confusion!!! by Generalpapiiii(m): 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2015

First of all you can't study an art related course with your the O levels you have. Except for a course like Economics.
The subjects you did in Waec are just basically for science courses, to study an art course you need credits in specific art related subjects.
But that's by the way

I believe you will have to write O'levels again, except if you want to study ecomomics or economics& statistics, but I might be wrong though.

I respect the fact that you have come to the full realization that the course you are studying isn't what you are supposed studying.
Most people just spend the whole 4-5 years in school, studying courses that they don't want to study.
And you see them struggle their way through school without the zeal to study and perform well.
But you have taken a bold step, and I wish you all the best.

are u Obama or ghandi undecided
Re: Confusion!!! by obiorathesubtle: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
I can relate to this because I hate science too, I've always wanted to be a lawyer, but papa dy force me to be doctor, it didn't work. My grades couldn't get me into medicine. Now I'm studying chemistry and I'm trying my best to love the course, it's not easy. But I try, my grades are good. I'm in 300level now. Basically, do what the bible says and whatsoever thing your hand findeth to do, do it with all diligence or do it well so, I'm trying to do my best. You should do your best too,your O' level result might not get you what you want, you can either take another o level exam and get the subjects you want or realise that there's no time to waste time, keep pushing forward! You'll achieve what you never dreamed of

Although this isn't supposed to be on this section of Nairaland, you just melted my heart. I'm usually one of the lunatics who insult people on threads here. So. Take care!

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! by eyeon(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
Your father is your only problem... Face him.

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! by Toybreezy: 10:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
rheether:

Lol, Nigerians and education are like garri and mango. They don't mix$

Anyways! I hope its not too late to contribute!
From my point of view, there are two ways to go about it.

1) Explain to your dad bout your passion, if he understands lucky for you.

2) Explain to your dad about your passion again! If he doesn't understand you. Don't prove rebellious keep studying the science course and try to pass. But keep ur passion for business alive as a hobby. When you finally grow and gain independence. The sky is yours to follow your dream

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Conversation With Girlfriend(photos) / Reason Why Ladies Order Expensive Meals On A Date / What Happens If She Sent You This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.