Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians (38654 Views)

Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / You Have 7 Days To Bring Out Buhari’s Certificate – Group Tells Defence Minister / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Fash20: 4:07am On Jul 15, 2015
semitunde:

Pls where are you posting from?
I'm sure its from the pit of hell.

1 Like

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Haywhymido(m): 5:07am On Jul 15, 2015
princoo:

D hate word is too much bro dats not how u address a crisis
but, dat is the bitter truth
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by lastpage: 5:41am On Jul 15, 2015
There is a REJOINDER to this Thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2451382/settling-differences-igbos-what-yorubas
It treats the issue from the perspective of a Yoruba person.

Not sure if the Mod will promote it to front page but you can peep-in and offer your own opinion/suggestions.
Its worth the effort.

Please: No foul language or insults... just respond as you feel, in a mature manner. Your opinion is important

Thanks

Lastpage!
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
I think the Yorubas should accept the Olive Branch and let's bury the hatchet.

One Nigeria!!

Ngeneukwuenu, stop rimming the Yorubas.
In what ways did the Igbos in Lagos offend the Yorubas? Why do you guys waste your times online reading and damaging your minds with bad literatures only to return and inflict your rabies on innocent and vulnerable people doing and minding their businesses?

The last time, it was some group of business men paying courtesy call to the Oba only to be harassed, wise men or rather stupid as they appeared, they laughed and shook hands with their bully only for his supporters to flood online in support.

The average Igbo man in Lagos know nothing about Nairaland, Linda ikeji gossip forum or any other platform for dissemination of vile information out there.
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by lastpage: 6:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Yorubas are always ready to accept an Olive branch.
Trust me, No Yoruba man harbors hatred for nearly fifty years otherwise you would have heard of a pogrom, like you hear in other nationalities of Nigeria, in Yoruba states.

we just nor get time for such, with so many Owambes to shoki-shoki, from Ikorodu to Ijebu, to Ondo, to Benin, no tot mention our "Molete-Challenge" last chance sisters from Ibadan, every Friday evening?

I hereby declare on behalf of my own Yoruba folks that we have accepted the Olive branch.

Let us set-up a committee to implement further "talks, exchange of prisoners and wives". shocked shocked shocked

Me, l have my eyes set on Adamma for my .

Igbo-Kwenu! I hail o! Three Gbosaa!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 15, 2015
No group in Nigeria embrace the one Nigeria ideology more than the Igbos. Igbos are the most integrating group of people not just in Nigeria but anywhere. They are well travelled and can blend anywhere.

Those shouting Biafra should not be used to judge majority of the people working hard and minding their businesses. its the verbal, physical and other forms of intimidations which those innocent and harmless ones get subjected to that make them reflect about Nigeria as a country.

People should stop being paranoid about this no man's land issue. Does shouting no man's land stop Lagos being in its current geographical location? For the record, Lagos benefitted a lot by being the former capital of Nigeria same way Abuja is now.

Igbos are known for investment and wise use of money. That's why most people bought lands and built houses. These houses aided development and they should be applauded and celebrated. With the present uproar, I expect some people to start shouting and claiming Abuja after sinking our national and individual resources to develop it. Lagos like Abuja belong to all Nigerians. Onitsha, Yenogua and even maiduguri belong to all Nigerians.

Those shouting "go back to your states" are no better than Nnamdi Kanu. It's either you have a country or you don't. If you have a country, these paranoia must stop, if there is no country, then join psychotic Kanu to call Nigeria a zoo. I can never be a stranger in Nigeria.

You guys are the real enemies of Nigeria. You are no better than Nnamdi Kanu, if Nigeria ever undergoes any crisis, it wouldn't be only due to mr Kanu feeding his followers the forbidden Apple but also due to your fake tolerance and paranoia.

1 Like

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

This is the only fool that can use the coward tag. The cursed ediot called Ojuku

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 7:31am On Jul 15, 2015
hardbody:

Indeed we own Lagos. I own properties here, do you?
voice of IBO slave ofu,OSU,wawa.
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 7:34am On Jul 15, 2015
winniz:

This Yoruba Illiterate when will your post ever make sense? Never!!

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by lastpage: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2015
sheikshegetto:
much love bruh,yoruba dad with igbo mum and the best of both,lol my first quote on nairaland. grin

One love Bro!

YOU ... are a true Nigerian and l love you to bits!

see, this is an example of what l am saying on the other thread

lastpage:
There is a REJOINDER to this Thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2451382/settling-differences-igbos-what-yorubas
It treats the issue from the perspective of a Yoruba person.

Not sure if the Mod will promote it to front page but you can peep-in and offer your own opinion/suggestions.
Its worth the effort.

Please: No foul language or insults... just respond as you feel, in a mature manner. Your opinion is important

Thanks

Lastpage!

Would you force this man to take sides when you cause trouble between our two people?

Cant we forget and bury the past afterall, each tribe did what it needed to do, to survive the war but hey, its fifty years ago now?

Sheiksheghetto, please visit and help me tell them your story.

Thanks for sharing.

Lastpage!
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2015
winniz:

This Yoruba Illiterate when will your post ever make sense? Never!!

it will make sense when you start your mumu coward Biafra war again.
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by lastpage: 7:58am On Jul 15, 2015
gbosaa:
No group in Nigeria embrace the one Nigeria ideology more than the Igbos. Igbos are the most integrating group of people not just in Nigeria but anywhere. They are well travelled and can blend anywhere.

Those shouting Biafra should not be used to judge majority of the people working hard and minding their businesses. It's silly verbal, physical and other forms of intimidations which those innocent and harmless ones get subjected to that make them reflect about Nigeria as a country.

People should stop being paranoid about this no man's land issue. Does shouting no man's land stop Lagos being in its current geographical location? For the record, Lagos benefitted a lot by being the former capital of Nigeria same way Abuja is now.

Oga Gboosa,
Na only you waka come for this one o! grin

Seriously, there are at least three states in Nigeria, that have been Federal Capital:

1.) Calabar in Cross river state. Would you consider or how would the Calabar indigene feel if you say his homeland is NO MAN's land? Akpan will literally use cutlass to design your head!

2.) Abuja : Whether we like it or not, Abuja though a federal capital, the land space is owned by the indigenous people and they are Huasas. period!
That the Federal Govt uses it as a state Capital, is just an administrative decision, which could change tomorrow and Enugu may be next!
I will wonder what that Igbo ma will say, if l a Yoruba person say Enugu is no longer Igbo land, ....that it is a No-Man's land!

I still wonder, why are some Igbos are so fixated on owning Lagos, somewhere so far from the S/East?
If Igbos are the ones that developed Lagos as claimed, how difficult would it be, to REPLICATE SAME in the East?
We all know this is falsehood and it is never going to happen.

Lagos has been a bustling commercial and Slave trade hub even before the white Brits came to Africa. It has to do with ist location.
Read History of West Africa and read about the Natives who were shipped to South America s and the Caribbeans from Lagos Agabdarigi.
Just like no one can beef the ND for being located by destiny, where majority of Nigeria's crude is located, no one can beef Calabar for its serene beaches, Abuja for it Rocks nor Lagos for it Oceanic scenery.

You know saying Lagos belongs to no one is like trying to usurp what belongs to others and is borne out of plane GREED!

Why not just be prudent and wise and leave that "ownership tussle" to the indigenes because if push become shove, those who relocated cannot be larger than the indigene and if it gets nasty, what happens in the North, hopefully, will not be replicated down west.
Is it not a good thing that Igbos are "completely free to reside own property, trade, marry and do anything they wish in Lagos, without nay fear of molestation or threats?
Why do you want to change such a beautiful status, out of sheer greed and selfishness?
How many times do you see Yorubas claiming they own Abuja or Calabar? Never because they knwo what it means: SHEER GREEDINESS!

and permit me to remind you that being the most traveled does not translate to being the most integrated!
You travel because you need to! You need to do business of selling in those places, no t just for the pleasure or likeness of it
Integration means "assimilating the culture and way of life of the host community", .....not dragging land ownership with them or isnsulting them at every opportunity!
That is not how to integrate Sir

Let us first focus on building trust while eschewing all those things that can "set-off alarms" in each others head.
I think we can still live together and have a good relationship without trying to create a tussle over Lagos.....
because whichever way you dice it., Omo Eko will always own Lagos. Its a generational thing!

Let us preach tolerance, justice and fairness, at all times.

Once again, Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by lastpage: 8:14am On Jul 15, 2015
BTW : Where is Op @NgeneUkwenu who started this thread?

How come we have not seen his contribution again or s/he posting under another handle?

We will like to hear your opinion on the rejoinder Thread as indicated above.

One Love

Lastpage!
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2015
winniz:

This Yoruba slave barely make sense, go and release your tribe from Gambari slavery first before spewing rubbish.
I have many evidence to prove IBO's as slaves in Nigeria.

1) IBO's as ethnic have slaves as indigenous I.e ofu,wawa OSU

3) IBO wondering about claiming other ethnic or indegen of other people land , is a sing of slave.

4) IBO are politically irelevant

5) IBO's have no territorial boundry I.e they are surrounded by ss ,north ,sw.

6) they beat wood as drums
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
I think the Yorubas should accept the Olive Branch and let's bury the hatchet.

One Nigeria!!

Eeehn!!!

Olive branch bi ti bawo!!

More like a Greek gift if you ask me.
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

BTW : Where is Op @NgeneUkwenu who started this thread?

How come we have not seen his contribution again or s/he posting under another handle?

We will like to hear your opinion on the rejoinder Thread as indicated above.

One Love

Lastpage!

You should have known my stand on issues generally...my views are not different from that of Joe Igbokwe...!
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by olanipekunemmanuelolaji: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2015
pls let us allow peace to raign.......
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by dekdek: 9:35am On Jul 15, 2015
chuna1985:

Onitsha is no mans land, such is Lagos.

Go there and shout it for all to hear and we will see if ur carcasses wont be fed to vultures
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by lastpage: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You should have known my stand on issues generally...my views are not different from that of Joe Igbokwe...!

How would l have known you share the same views as that of joe Igbokwe?

Abi you tell me say yo be im twin blodder?

Reason l asked after you was that l expected you will be the one moderating the posts instead of allowing them to turn it into an "abusive session"

Issokay o, where is my own Olive Branch now, abi you don trade am? grin grin grin

have a nice day today.

Lastpage!
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2015
jimi4us:
.yorubbers always want to be relevant, mumuu people.
they don't even bring anything to the table in dis country. only touting like Thiefnubuu
but IBO are not at all , out of 16 buhari appointment no half IBO their

1 Like

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 10:57am On Jul 15, 2015
GeneralBanks:

I hope the yoruba will be able to stand against d igbos when the show begins.....Hausa wont interfere.
you are warned
mumu go and ask from your grandfather what really hapend at ore during mumu Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Spybradd: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2015
londongal03:
It is not our differences that divide us. It is our
inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate that Lagos state belongs to YORUBA peeeps......plz brothers come back home and invest

u are a disgrace..
What a fish brain!

@op,theres nothing that can be done about da so called bad blood btween igbos and yorubas..the northerners are the culprits,they know their parasiting arsse is done for the day da east and west unite and thats a day they pray never comes..a single mole post from a 5th columnist on any social platform like nl or on e-newspapers,etc,is enuf to rekindle the hatred all over and it cant be stopped. The yorubas are not helping matters either,theres southern nigeria 1st b4 nigeria and what da east,west and south south needs is true federalism.only the north kicks against true federalism due to its parasitic nature of wanting to reap foreva what it never sowed and its only natural and ideal and sensible for the entire south to align their resources together economically,structurally,POLITICALLY,etc,for a common goal and tackle the retrogressive draw-back north 1st before addressing their own differences. But what do we have,for no reasons whatsoever,west teams up with the same unproductive and retrogressive power drunk north and labels the east all manner of negativity..that freak oba's directive that all igbos drop into da lagoon just adds pms to da inferno and that man oughtta be answering questions at da hague..

IN THE ZOO KNOWN AS NIGERIA,ITS EITHER TRUE FEDERALISM,RESOURCE CONTROL,RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION OR DISINTEGRATION/REFERADUM. Enuf of da self deception and smokescreen unity.

Cc:yang
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Spybradd: 11:05am On Jul 15, 2015
disumusa:
I have many evidence to prove IBO's as slaves in Nigeria.

1) IBO's as ethnic have slaves as indigenous I.e ofu,wawa OSU

3) IBO wondering about claiming other ethnic or indegen of other people land , is a sing of slave.

4) IBO are politically irelevant

5) IBO's have no territorial boundry I.e they are surrounded by ss ,north ,sw.

6) they beat wood as drums

chimpazee..

u think u are talking.
U think u are making sense!
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 11:19am On Jul 15, 2015
chuna1985:

like say u no wan use ur sense.

Lagos is Nigeria, anyone can live anywhere.
no no no I disagree Lagos is own by IBO , my religion entertain war , I want the provocation to lead to violent.
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2015
scholes0:

Sons of Ojucrook, the biggest Coward in modern west African history....

[img]http://waidigbenro.files./2013/03/ojukwu2.jpg[/img]

Awolowos achieved a lot for his region, Pioneeering TV stations, Free education,development, Et cettera.
while ojucrook the flattie killed millions of his own people....
Big difference ....
ojuku poison himself with otapiapia. very ugly man

2 Likes

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by disumusa: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2015
smallJagaban:
hahahaha!!! so the yeebos in lagos can be so afraid to seek for Yoruba mercy... They have not seen anything yet ..

they have not seen anything yet
IBO's escalate the hatred because gej lose election , what if jeg is an IBO they will start war. this is just a prove that IBO's and jeg plan to rig in favour of ibo in 2019
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by scholes0(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2015
Allosaurus:

Dummy, how many Igbos have you seen with those marks today? None! We don't fight tigers and lions. But you Yoruba idiots are known for pooping in a poll as a family

In other words, you think your grandparents are a disgrace, and you aren't proud of them!
continue ....
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by chamboy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Me n Igbo brothers af Settle na....
Nkechi let's go inside jare
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
dekdek:

Go there and shout it for all to hear and we will see if ur carcasses wont be fed to vultures

its a normal saying over here.
Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by simdam500(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
Balkan: [size=16pt]I did not see where Igbos are begging in this post.
Op is mischievous. Title is wrong.

Imagine an Igbo man begging Yoruba Man.
Op Please stop that insault.
[/size]

The more reason you couldn't spell insult undecided

1 Like

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by haul: 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
Bros i hope say you get bullet proof vest oooo. this wan no be town center wrestling with ikemefuna over who will take home the new yam. this one na heavy artillery we dey bring come find you

Quote of the day! Wahalai! Alaye you be werey ooo, asin o kala gan!

2 Likes

Re: Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians by sukkot: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
haul:

Quote of the day! Wahalai! Alaye you be werey ooo, asin o kala gan!
bros no be small tin ooo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photos From National Council Of State Meeting Today / "APC Will Not Participate In Rivers State Elections" - INEC Reveals / Dino Melaye Shuns Threats, Commissions Various Projects In Kogi State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.