Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? (3121 Views)

Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by dgreatrock(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2009
Many churches are crying out for financial help to enable them either build their church houses, buy musical instruments, church vehicles, do mission works etc, but it is not so with what i see in T.B. joshua's synagogue of all nations. He dishes the thing (money et al), to people from all works of life.

Is this real or another movie magic?

If it is real, where does he get his money from?
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by Lagosboy: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2009
Out of topic

have u just started a church?
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by dgreatrock(m): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2009
How is it 'out of topic' bro?

Are you his member? If yes please give us the answer, advocate.
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by rite2salas(m): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

Out of topic

have u just started a church?

cheesy grin tell us the truth
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by KunleOshob(m): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2009
dgreatrock:

Many churches are crying out for financial help to enable them either build their church houses, buy musical instruments, church vehicles, do mission works etc, but it is not so with what i see in T.B. joshua's synagogue of all nations. He dishes the thing (money et al), to people from all works of life.
Is this real or another movie magic?
If it is real, where does he get his money from?
Dishing out money to the needy is one of the most important mandates of the church, but today most of our churches have relegated this mandate to the back ground and most of the money is being used to finance the exotic and flamboyant lifestyles of pentecostal preachers. I guess this singular act of giving out money to the poor makes him a far better christian than all those charlatans that criticize him.
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by Lagosboy: 11:18am On Mar 10, 2009
KunleOshob:

Dishing out money to the needy is one of the most important mandates of the church, but today most of our churches have relegated this mandate to the back ground and most of the money is being used to finance the exotic and flamboyant lifestyles of pentecostal preachers. I guess this singular act of giving out money to the poor makes him a far better christian than all those charlatans that criticize him.

Spot on and I could not agree with you less. To be honest when i watch that emmanuel TV I feel jelous and impressed at the way he helps the needy. His intentions are out of sight to humans but only God and we can only assess him on what we see. someone buys a jet for 4 billion and another spends a fraction of that in helping the poor.

Most of the other ones their money is used in building univerities which are non assisble to 80% of the congregation due to the price.
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by dgreatrock(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2009
rite2salas:

cheesy grin tell us the truth

What for? God has not called me to open a church. But if i do i will have to ask you to donate big money for me to buy a jet, build a university, old peoples home, orphanage, vocational centre etc etc etc.
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by Lagosboy: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2009
dgreatrock:

What for? God has not called me to open a church. But if i do i will have to ask you to donate big money for me to buy a jet, build a university, old peoples home, orphanage, vocational centre etc etc etc.

What would by my Return on investment grin grin
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by JJYOU: 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2009
dgreatrock:

Lagosboy:

Spot on and I could not agree with you less. To be honest when i watch that emmanuel TV I feel jelous and impressed at the way he helps the needy. His intentions are out of sight to humans but only God and we can only assess him on what we see. someone buys a jet for 4 billion and another spends a fraction of that in helping the poor.

Most of the other ones their money is used in building univerities which are non assisble to 80% of the congregation due to the price.
why dont your imams use the money they get to open schools and charge even the 1%? WHY DO THEY LET ALL THOSE POOR MOSLEM BEGGERS INTO THE STREETS? IS THAT NOT AN OBLIGATION IN ISLAM?
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by Lagosboy: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2009
JJYOU:

why dont your imams use the money they get to open schools and charge even the 1%? WHY DO THEY LET ALL THOSE POOR MOSLEM BEGGERS INTO THE STREETS? IS THAT NOT AN OBLIGATION IN ISLAM?

Zakat is an obligation in islam. It is a shame there is no proper or singular Zakat body in Nigeria where the zakat could channeled to the actual needey. There are very few people who pay the zakah as many imams dont collect it and dont enforce it. These imams are safe guarding themselves from the wrath of God since they they have to account for every penney and how it was utilised.

It is only when there is an organised zakah body in form a a charity organisation could the real needy benefit on a massive scale. Having said this many muslims pay their zakat themselves by passing it to the needy directly which could be done in our society.

The imams dont demand nor charge zakah because it is not their duty to collect it but the duty of the overall leader of the muslim state.
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by dgreatrock(m): 9:29am On Mar 11, 2009
Lagosboy:

Zakat is an obligation in islam. It is a shame there is no proper or singular Zakat body in Nigeria where the zakat could channeled to the actual needey. There are very few people who pay the zakah as many imams dont collect it and dont enforce it. These imams are safe guarding themselves from the wrath of God since they they have to account for every penney and how it was utilised.

It is only when there is an organised zakah body in form a a charity organisation could the real needy benefit on a massive scale. Having said this many muslims pay their zakat themselves by passing it to the needy directly which could be done in our society.

The imams dont demand nor charge zakah because it is not their duty to collect it but the duty of the overall leader of the muslim state.

@ Muslim Quarters
Somebody said Someone will do it but at the end no one did it. tongue
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by dgreatrock(m): 9:38am On Mar 11, 2009
Muslim leaders (imams) should always take charge of the poor's welfare. the rate of the beggars in their midst is alarming while the rich gives them peanuts. at the end of the day people like lagosbb will be condemning christians for taking care of the mess they created.

Lagosboy:

What would by my Return on investment grin grin

Four virgins in paradise. lol
Re: Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? by mikeapollo: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2009
TB Joshua's source of money is GOD, first and foremost. God touches people's heart and they make donations to the church. He also ploughs some of the income from some activities in the church, e.g the bakery etc, to support donations.

You see, when God commissions you, he will provide what you need for HIS Glory.

TB Joshua started from the scratch, from the slum.

If some rich and empty people criticise and condemn him, the spirit and soul of the poor shall always pray for him.
God is using him to prove something in The Bible " God uses the foolish things of the world (e.g. supposedly uneducated, ignorant people like TB Joshua) to shame the wisdom of the wise( e.g the highly learned/educated people like the PFN memebers) of the world"

(1) (Reply)

What Will It Profit A Man, If He Gains The Whole World, But Loses His Soul? / Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? / The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.