Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service (1105 Views)

Don't Combine National Service And Law School - NYSC Warns / Another Corp Member Lost Her Life On Her Way Home / Error In National Service Certificate (2) (3) (4)

She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by whysquare4real(m): 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
A woman got an employment with one of the newly established fed. Universities in April 2013 and she was called for National Service in June 2013. She took permission for a few days to take part in d Orientation programme and she was lucky to be redeployed back to her base because of her marital status. She was later posted to a school and she also goes to her place of work cos she run shifting duty. So she has bin combining d two task even when she was pregnant. On her POP day, she was given a letter of termination of appointment by d University because of what they termed "receiving salary twice from FG purse".Although the reason was nt stated in the letter. We got to know that the management took dat decision becos a strong politician had an issues wit his ex-wife who happens to b doing d same thing I.e serving and working. My question; is it a crime to b serving and working in d federal civil service, is there any civil service rule dat says one can not do so, or is it against d university rule. D worst thing is dat d NYSC state coordinator refused to give her her discharge cert saying d university wrote to him To confirm if she is still serving. Pls those dat are conversant with d law should shed more light on dis and advise d woman. Tanks. Pls MoDs move dis topic to Front page so as to get feedbacks frm serious folks. Tanks.
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by ukeme200(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mods pls do the needful, cos I am about working and serving as well. I need to learn.
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
whysquare4real:
A woman got an employment with one of the newly established fed. Universities in April 2013 and she was called for National Service in June 2013. She took permission for a few days to take part in d Orientation programme and she was lucky to be redeployed back to her base because of her marital status. She was later posted to a school and she also goes to her place of work cos she run shifting duty. So she has bin combining d two task even when she was pregnant. On her POP day, she was given a letter of termination of appointment by d University because of what they termed "receiving salary twice from FG purse".Although the reason was nt stated in the letter. We got to know that the management took dat decision becos a strong politician had an issues wit his ex-wife who happens to b doing d same thing I.e serving and working. My question; is it a crime to b serving and working in d federal civil service, is there any civil service rule dat says one can not do so, or is it against d university rule. D worst thing is dat d NYSC state coordinator refused to give her her discharge cert saying d university wrote to him To confirm if she is still serving. Pls those dat are conversant with d law should shed more light on dis and advise d woman. Tanks. Pls MoDs move dis topic to Front page so as to get feedbacks frm serious folks. Tanks.
it is enough crime to be working anywhere in this country as a Nigerian without an nysc discharge certificate or an exemption letter...and for the fellow to be gainfully employed by a federal firm,it means she either got the appointment through false pretence or any other illegal means...I'll recommend to the Dg Nysc to give her an extension of one service year without pay, effective from when her current service year is to end
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by whysquare4real(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
BADNEAT:
it is enough crime to be working anywhere in this country as a Nigerian without an nysc discharge certificate or an exemption letter...and for the fellow to be gainfully employed by a federal firm,it means she either got the appointment through false pretence or any other illegal means...I'll recommend to the Dg Nysc to give her an extension of one service year without pay, effective from when her current service year is to end
haba! She got d job with a lower qualification while waiting endlessly to b mobilized for NYSC

Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by apheyz(m): 5:48am On Jul 15, 2015
BADNEAT:

Who b this guy? A university degree is not the highest educational qualification!!! Maybe it is in ''gorilla-land'' sha... where dey give u guys un-ripe plantain as certificate!!
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 15, 2015
BADNEAT:

Stop carrying NYSC on your Head like gala

Even if you do, you won't can't sell lipsrsealed
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by Lawsimon(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2015
I think there is a civil service rule that prohibits that, though i'm not conversant with the rules. I would advise her to investigate how justifiable her sack was. If she discovers something fishy, she should not hesitate to take up the matter to the appropriate quarters.
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2015
taiwolusol:

Stop carrying NYSC on your Head like gala

Even if you do, you won't can't sell lipsrsealed
I think you need to receive common sense...if you read what the op posted,and you had common sense,naturally u would hv assumed the girl was employed using her degree since he was silent about that...
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
BADNEAT:
I think you need to receive common sense...if you read what the op posted,and you had common sense,naturally u would hv assumed the girl was employed using her degree since he was silent about that...

Oro na dun, Ofe Ke tongue undecided
Re: She Lost Her Fed. Appointment Because She Was On National Service by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 15, 2015
taiwolusol:

Oro na dun, Ofe Ke tongue undecided
are gbagbu kwa gi..usu rapia gi

Check Your Nysc School Senate List / Starting Your Own NYSC Registration Centre / Warning: Do Not Laminate Your NYSC Certificate Immediately You Recieve It