Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! (40544 Views)

N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Excelboi(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
grin tongue tongue tongue grin
Hehiehe!!!
UNA WAN KILL ME...see post within 1hr.

Meen!!! I think I av achieve my aim of grabbing ur attentions dis afternoon...

All the story NA beans grin tongue tongue tongue grin

I think I shu be giving an award for attention callings!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!
See yah later for more farbuu...grin tongue tongue tongue grin
Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove this guy should be banned for a long time. He was joking all along and wasting people's precious time and the sympathy shown on this thread all along. Op, i just hope it not some form of reverse psychology you are trying to use with this post of yours I used.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by mkoabiola: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
akanbiaa:
where are you based let me see if I can send you some accounting jobs for starters.
Am based in Lagos.
I will snd u a pm.
Thnks ,I appreciate a lot.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nah bro don't worry yourself. You will fit perfectly in that company smiley
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
I'm no accountant, but These things aren't hard to pick up.

you should have already been learning what you needed to know right since the time you clicked "Apply".

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by dude99(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Jonser 101 grin
am glad i saw your signature today,saw it some mouths ago and av been trying to really remember the word and av been really paying attention to every signature here with the hope that i will see it again,stumble upon it again now here,gonna save it mehn.
NICE SIGNATURE!
Lesson:if you stay in the rain long enough,you will see the rainbow!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by oladeledave: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
Change Your Dieting And Weight Loss Mentality

This is a notion everybody should be clear about, dieting does not come by starving. I have heard about people who literally starve

themselves all in the name of wanting to shed some heavy weight

Read More HERE
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by coollexy: 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
Guy calm down go and accept the job.sit down confiedently on ur first day and if u have adequate knowlegde of the computer u wont really have any trouble inputing the figures and if u get stuck dont hesitate to ask someone for help.in no time u shall get used to the whole system
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by xest(m): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.
How woud I do it. Its an Accountant position.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.
So please someone should just please help me in the house.
Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

Pls, this is a big challenge for me.
What should I do?
quickly find an accountant to put u through, at least d basic ones. In tym at d job u wil improve n master it. Goodluck bro
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Handsome4real(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Don't resume on that day. Better still call them to tell them you are rejecting the offer.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:42am On Jul 15, 2015
dude99:

am glad i saw your signature today,saw it some mouths ago and av been trying to really remember the word and av been really paying attention to every signature here with the hope that i will see it again,stumble upon it again now here,gonna save it mehn.
NICE SIGNATURE!
Lesson:if you stay in the rain long enough,you will see the rainbow!

Oya pay me! grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Tohpeh(m): 12:59am On Jul 15, 2015
big trouble awaits as u mentioned the company's name
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Jerryspryng: 1:05am On Jul 15, 2015
oladeledave:
Change Your Dieting And Weight Loss Mentality

This is a notion everybody should be clear about, dieting does not come by starving. I have heard about people who literally starve

themselves all in the name of wanting to shed some heavy weight

Read More HERE
Oga, move ur shop to d appropriate market place
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by NobleG1(m): 3:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.
Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

What should I do?

You made a fool of yourself.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Eddodoh(m): 4:01am On Jul 15, 2015
I still trying to figure out where d OP mentioned d company's name.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by kennysteve77: 6:01am On Jul 15, 2015
Chosen1984:

Abeg oooo i hv read this over and over again and didn't see any Company Name. Abeg those of Una we see am, abeg Highlight am!

He edited the post

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by luluosas(m): 6:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

Lying to get a job? Your trouble just started. Quickly go and make restitution to that company right now and confess your lies to them. Who knows they may think on you and still employ you to train you on the job due to your honesty. I have advised you. If you like, adhere. If you like, refuse. But remember, no sinner shall go unpunished and nemesis will surely caught up with you some day should you contemplate pride. Thank you

This may be of help
http://emwanta..com/2013/06/falsification-of-age-to-gain-favour.html?m=1

http://emwanta..com/2014/03/why-are-you-proud-in-lying.html?m=1
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by lastpage: 6:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

Will your name by any chance be Senator Busola Saraki? grin grin

But dont worry, just "make it up" as you go along, you can always edit it afterwards if it turns out it was a goof! shocked shocked

Accountant for that matter, na to dey steal the money and dabaru the account remain! grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by sunshine1974(m): 6:52am On Jul 15, 2015
It's easy na, just go and download Youtube videos and u will learn everything. I do all my learning from Youtube, I never paid anyone to teach me anything. I'm an engineer though.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by apache1989(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

Guy go an provoke the holy spirit in you. The holy spirit teaches and perfect all things, you can even fly a plane without being a pilot if you are led by the spirit. Na pleple I take talk am o, but on the other hand with God all things are possible.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by charijee(f): 7:59am On Jul 15, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Oya pay me! grin
Feeling like a celeb tongue
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by lionphil(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

You studied accounting, there's still time, most universities have tutorial classes, seek for a student that teaches it well and you are good to go...private lessons will do u a lot of good...you're already there bro, just take this leap of faith .
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by osasboy(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=apache1989 post=35876282]

@ OP, it is very obvious from your post that you never got a job.
Here is my reason for saying so,
You can't use to accounting software(peatchtree and Quick book) in the same company.

I expected experienced accountants in the house to have noticed this in you fake post..

Have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by kennytidistar(m): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2015
go and work, you are a graduate of accounting which means you have the constitutional power to handle any accounting position up to management level, other requirements na wash
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Elsquidme(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?
na una dey bring shame to the school that you pass thru. use the basics and apply it on ya practicals. are accounting process different from others
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2015
its either of two things. you are scared of the repercussions of ur actions, hence d denial of ur supposed silly act . or ure just a very stupid person. people took out their time to give you responses, some even offered to help u. and then after three pages, u decided to tell d house it was fabricated. its people like you that discourages others to offer advise to the ones that really need it. if you dont have anything good to do with ur time, then its better u keep ur sorry fingers away from ur pc or mobile phone instead of wasting peoples tym. idiot
Habisoye:
Hehiehe!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by COvo(m): 10:08am On Jul 15, 2015
Accounting is Not something you'll learn in 4days,to those saying he should ues google etc. It has to do with experience in the job,if you like spend 1month on top google you still won't meet up. Tell the management that you lied,get it off your chest before you go do aacount wey go make you come dey owe money wey u nor chop. My Advice
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Habisoye you need a crash course quickly. Luckily for you, there are 2 days muslim hols coming up.
Get an Accountant to teach you the basics and how to use the software you mentioned sharply.
And hopefully, you would learn the rest on-the-job after you resume.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:59am On Jul 15, 2015
charijee:
Feeling like a celeb tongue
grin
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2015
The knowledge you got in school should come to play.back in 2007 when i got my first job as an Accountant in a company. I was thinking i will have to work in a team of Accountant(because i was new in the field).When i resume the job i find out i was the only person in the dept,God really help me that my young brother who also study Accounting was able to give me 2days tutorials on peachtree and some other accounting packages.The guy who was resigning from the job was also available to put me through,he knew i got ideas,

My Advice, Dont lie to get anything,(i presently work in another firm as account officer,but yet am doing inventory and logistics duties together) go for the job,someone will put you through,and over time,you will get stabilized on the job. best of luck
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by akanbiaa(m): 8:10am On Jul 16, 2015
mkoabiola:

Pls,tell me more abt ds coy
I can volunteer to work for free if d office is nt far frm my house,I studied accounting.
html4.m./q/accounting/c-876
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by FLOZY4LIFE: 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
We offer home training and office training on Peachtree Accounting Software / Sage and also put accountants true on bank reconcilation, inventory management, debtors management, and many more
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by lionphil(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2015
Habisoye:
Hehiehe!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!

Bad eggs like u are the reason why some good folks won't get responses...shame on u. U shouldn't smile yet, one day you will need help and you won't find it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / My Job Interview Experience Today / Cummins Nigeria Recruitment 2017 Is Ongoing – Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.