Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? - Technology Market (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? (131356 Views)

Cheap Used Foreign Air Conditioner for Sales / 1.5 HP Haier Thermocool Air Conditioner For Sale / Get The Best Air Conditioning Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aieromon(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
Impostorr:

We spotted the leakage today and we top the gas..Now the room is chilling so well.

Thank you

Enjoy.

Where was the leakage coming from?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by FEGEITOK: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
I think that there is an issue that we don't stress enough here, the need for insulation to guarantee improved ac cooling efficiency

Insulation provides a barrier that slows the heat exchange. It keeps the heat from coming in on a warm day and from going out on a cold day. Appropriate amounts of the material will improve conditions in your home by limiting the energy transfer that affects your indoor temperature. Home builders include insulating materials in walls, ceilings and attics. Your HVAC ducts can also be insulated to prevent energy transfer as they carry hot or cold air through your home.

-- copied

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2022
aieromon:

Enjoy.

It's from the sunction pipe end where it's been tightened to the compressor.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2022
tetralogyfallot:
thanks bro, gas is refilled and AC is now working perfectly
how much did you refill the gas? Did you bother to check for the leaks?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tetralogyfallot(m): 2:09am On Jul 28, 2022
fineboynl:
how much did you refill the gas? Did you bother to check for the leaks?
he added half kg which cost 2500 according bro him. It was a first installation, there was no any leaks cos even after the refill he used that their foamy detergent water to check all the pipes and there was no any bubble to signify any leak.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2022
tetralogyfallot:
he added half kg which cost 2500 according bro him. It was a first installation, there was no any leaks cos even after the refill he used that their foamy detergent water to check all the pipes and there was no any bubble to signify any leak.
if it's a new air conditioner he doesn't need to refill it. He just scam you. Except it's not new one.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
aieromon:

Enjoy.

I hope I've not bought nonsense like this? This is a new ac and I've spent roughly 25k on just gas topping. This is what I observe today after it worked for few hours. It's chilling but I'm not comfortable seeing this two pipe with ice. What could be wrong again sir?

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aieromon(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
Impostorr:

I hope I've not bought nonsense like this? This is a new ac and I've spent roughly 25k on just gas topping. This is what I observe today after it worked for few hours. It's chilling but I'm not comfortable seeing this two pipe with ice. What could be wrong again sir?

Is this a new unit?

You need to get a new technician because it seems the leakage problem has not been resolved.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2022
aieromon:

Is this a new unit?

You need to get a new technician because it seems the leakage problem has not been resolved.

It's a new ac. The cooling is working fine even till now
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2022
Impostorr:

After the whole lot of stress, i had to call another technician because the guy that install it was just extorting me and still buying nonsense gas. It's now working fine with no ice on the pipeline again.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aieromon(m): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2022
Impostorr:

After the whole lot of stress, i had to call another technician because the guy that install it was just extorting me and still buying nonsense gas. It's now working fine with no ice on the pipeline again.

Hurray. What about the leak?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2022
aieromon:

Hurray. What about the leak?

The issue was not leakage but gas.

The first technician already fix the leakage but gas.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aieromon(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2022
Impostorr:

The issue was not leakage but gas.

The first technician already fix the leakage but gas.

Ok, enjoy.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 19, 2022
My foreign use Panasonic ac I just bought and install is picking and tripping off and also blowing air,so I call the technical that took me to the place I bought it, he said it low voltage after checking it could this be possible.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 19, 2022
Can a foreign use a.c cool like a new one.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by loptos(m): 12:53am On Aug 19, 2022
Englandboy:
Can a foreign use a.c cool like a new one.
Yes look for products graded ones eg Samsung, LG especially if they are made from South Korea.
Clause language barriers on remote but easy to identify or operates.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Englandboy:
My foreign use Panasonic ac I just bought and install is picking and tripping off and also blowing air,so I call the technical that took me to the place I bought it, he said it low voltage after checking it could this be possible.

He might be right. When I bought my ac, I tried to power it with Nepa just it do trip off after few min so I stopped. I only power it with Generator which is very much okay with it.

For the case of blowing air, check the compressor line outside if theres any Ice on it (if yes, then it's low on gas which you'd need to refill).
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Tweiker: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
austin4real:
Why aren't you guys talking about national AC, those AC's are bullet proof, we've been using ours for close to 12 years without once filling the gas or any major repair..

What country made this pls.
My LG has finished me

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
Impostorr:

He might be right. When I bought my ac, I tried to power it with Nepa just it do trip off after few min so I stopped. I only power it with Generator which is very much okay with it.

For the case of blowing air, check the compressor line outside if theres any Ice on it (if yes, then it's low on gas which you'd need to refill).
thank u sir he came to check on it today and he said it kermostart and that he need to top a little gas on it. But it working now chilling he will come and top up the gas tomorrow he also said that the gas stays up after opening the a.c inside that he needed to top in little gas for it to circulate.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
loptos:
Yes look for products graded ones eg Samsung, LG especially if they are made from South Korea.
Clause language barriers on remote but easy to identify or operates.
I already bought it from lawanson , yes it a Panasonic product milk in colour it working fine,I had to run away from the parlour to the room it chilled well.. I saw some sticker on it that shows the model type and it made in south korea the person that sold it to me his our church member he deal on a.c selling he gave me warranty.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2022
Please how can I know whether my ac is an inverter a.c or non inverter a.c. And how to know the HP power that it has. .it a Panasonic a.c milk in colour and it a foreign use .I saw a sticker on the top of the a.c saying it has low power and something about mosquitoes.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by austin4real(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2022
Tweiker:

What country made this pls.
My LG has finished me
I believe the company has been acquired by Panasonic
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Impostorr: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2022
Englandboy:
Please how can I know whether my ac is an inverter a.c or non inverter a.c. And how to know the HP power that it has. .it a Panasonic a.c milk in colour and it a foreign use .I saw a sticker on the top of the a.c saying it has low power and something about mosquitoes.

Check the model no. If it has 9 it's 1hp. If it has 12, it's 1.5hp. you should know if it's inverter or not from the compressor, The sticker "inverter" is always there.

Non-inverter ac consumes more power even if it's 1hp compared to non-inverter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2022
Impostorr:

Check the model no. If it has 9 it's 1hp. If it has 12, it's 1.5hp. you should know if it's inverter or not from the compressor, The sticker "inverter" is always there.

Non-inverter ac consumes more power even if it's 1hp compared to non-inverter.
thanks for the reply....model no cs-me 12ckpc.. power level 57db(a) heating 57 db(a) and rated 230v and 50h....made in Osaka Japan ...the ac fan is install on the top can't view whether it inverter but ontop of the ac inside it has a sticker and it shows low voltage.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by oladele239(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2022
I have a midea 1hp ac
It makes vibrating sounds ok the wall atimes when working
Please what could be the problem
I noticed the blades of the fan inside are broken

I'd not advise anyone to go for midea AC anyways

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by AK481(m): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
the way people leave Genpal thermocool to buy all this useless AC without a presence in Nigeria scares me .

why I bought my thermocool in 2018 was because of the 3 years warranty given, I knew that I am safe with them, spent a little change cos its a bit more expensive than the rest chinko.

my only worry is that e cost pass the shinco
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by xclusive43(m): 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2022
toluxa1:
Does anyone have experience with the new Panasonic Nanoe X ACs? They use R32 gas and are quite expensive (500k for the 2HP, 385K for 1.5HP).

Secondly is a 1HP AC sufficient for a room of 21 SQM?

I have been looking for where I could get this but couldn't find anything online, you care to share pls

Ps: I have no prior information about the AC, I use a regular Panasonic and I would like to upgrade to inverter
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by emperorgwin: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
Please anyone here that buys used or condemned AC, I have LG and Chigo for sale. Both are 1.5hp. The LG is still working and chilling perfectly. Thank you.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by homicsblinks: 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
Good evening house. Please what's the best 1hp ac you guys can recommend for me.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ayobamizz: 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
emperorgwin:
Please anyone here that buys used or condemned AC, I have LG and Chigo for sale. Both are 1.5hp. The LG is still working and chilling perfectly. Thank you.

Your location?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ayobamizz: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
silverng:
Hi, glad I stumbled on this thread, thanks for all the great tips and information.

Last year I got an LG smart inverter AC 1.5hp, couldn't get a technician from LG so I called someone else. He fixed it and it was chilling very well. After a few days it started blowing cool air, I discovered the guy in a rush didn't fix some pipes properly and gas was finished.

I called another guy recommended by my neighbour and he fixed the leak but I questioned the gas he refilled but he insisted it was r410 gas, it wasn't cooling like before again. So I decided to call someone else who says there's no leak but it's not cooling properly because it's low on gas, he bought a r410 gas and filled but it still hasn't started cooling after 2hrs. The pipes in the panel out is just cool, the lower pipe isn't freezing but water is coming out from the hose.

What could be the issue? AC works well but it's just blowing cool air like a fan. Is the gas fake?

Some qwack technicians spoil AC because of wrong gas.. beware. Always check recommend gas for your AC yourself before filling or refilling.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply)

PICK UP SERVICE FROM OFFERUP, LETGO AND PERSONAL SHOPPING IN ATLANTA / Buy Cheap And Quality Home Theatre Systems And Sound Bars In Lagos / MTN 1gb Now N350, 10gb = N2900 - WhatsApp: 08092002503

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.