Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? - Technology Market (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? (133823 Views)

Cheap Used Foreign Air Conditioner for Sales / 1.5 HP Haier Thermocool Air Conditioner For Sale / Get The Best Air Conditioning Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by azidomedogo: 2:06am On Feb 06, 2023
Thanks to the professionals in the house. I just came across this thread.

I bought a brand new nexus 1hp non inverter split AC which served me very well for 2 years.

Recently it would cool for 10 minutes and the compressor will shut off but the fan will keep blowing warm air and after let’s say 20 minutes it would display EC on the board and stop working completely . At times the Stabilizer would trip off on its own.

I called a technician who changed the capacitor and everything went back to normal . It worked for 4 months.

Now the problem is back. The compressor shuts down after cooling for 10 minutes and the EC error comes up again.

Please what could be the problem as I am fed up ?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by azidomedogo: 2:10am On Feb 06, 2023
@sacramento and other professional pls help
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Professorcplus(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
toluxa1:
Is it confirmed that Inverter ACs usually will not be able to produce the same kind of cooling effect of their counterpart non-inverter AC? I have been using a non inverter that chills very well but when I bought a brand new inverter LG, I felt right from day 1 that I wasn't getting that very chilling effect of my old non inverter so the LG said I can't compare the two. That where the inverter saves on electricity, it'll sacrifice on coldness too? Is that correct?
I'm forced to accept this as fact, I've been used to Panasonic 1.5hp which chill like you're Russia, but this my new LG inverter 1.5hp doesnt give that chilling effect,. .. lowest I goes is 19 degree which I can sleep on without duvet.

Only advantage is it consume leaser power unit.

If you want Russia chilling effect, go for non inverter ACs Panasonic.... But be prepared to consume x2 power

If you just want Hamattan coolness buy any inverter AC. It consumes lesser power but coolness fades once power is out.....

Few tips for better efficiency: use stabilizer regardless of AC type and make sure your technician fill with original tested and confirm gas ...

One more thing about inverter ac is if uses less percentage of the original voltage.

Example 60% means 0.6 of the original voltages, so it means you can set it to consume 60, 80 or 100 percentage power,...

Using LG inverter as a case study.... 60% voltage doesn't cool below 22 degree using This setting on your remote, you consume roughly 3kw/h for 7 hours stretch....

Even if you set your ac to 16 degree celcuis... The Lowest coolness it can achieve would be around 23-22 degree celcuis.... because it just 60% Power,

0.8 is 80% gives around 20 degree, after long time.

Most ac minimum temperature is 16/17 degree, so if you are willing to let your inverter ac works like the traditional ac, you make it work harder, what I means is use stabilizer for recommend voltage of 240/250v /50 Hz... This way, you use tubor or jet mode.... So this way, the ac works hard and cool to exact minimum temp which is about 16/17 degree which is like the UK chill code season....

The only disadvantage is that, the compressor would be working 110% than average level but in the long run, can affect delicate components of the ac as it part wasn't ruged like the traditional Panasonic...
Which ever way abinibi is different from ability...

To get ac chill enough, be ready to use maximum efficient voltage from source...

Basic electronic to acje

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by 735i(m): 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
yummydrae:
Please what's the best standing ac to get? And is there an inverter ac for the standing acs? And is it okay to get the fairly used ones? Kindly recommend if any.. Thanks

Have you got one yet? I'm looking to get the LG standing 2hp from Colours in VI. It's quite pricey so i was hoping to find reviews here before I get
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
sacramento1212:

Yes, there's.

Good evening Chief
Good evening everyone

Please between Thermocool GenPal 1hp and Kenstar Inverter 1hp

Which is better and which consumes less power?

I have a 2kva generator (Sumec Firman SPG 2900)
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2023
tizteezy:

Good evening Chief
Good evening everyone

Please between Thermocool GenPal 1hp and Kenstar Inverter 1hp

Which is better and which consumes less power?

I have a 2kva generator (Sumec Firman SPG 2900)

I prefer the Kenstar.

But the 2KVA generator will be stressed in powering the 1hp Unit.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2023
sacramento1212:

I prefer the Kenstar.

Sorry to bother you please

You prefer the kenstar in terms of performance?

But in terms of energy saving and compatibility with generator, you'd prefer the thermocool genpal?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
tizteezy:

Sorry to bother you please

You prefer the kenstar in terms of performance?

But in terms of energy saving and compatibility with generator, you'd prefer the thermocool genpal?

Personally, I'm not a Fan of the thermocool brand when it comes to air-conditioner. I prefer the Kenstar.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2023
sacramento1212:

Personally, I'm not a Fan of the thermocool brand when it comes to air-conditioner. I prefer the Kenstar.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by yummydrae(m): 11:39am On Feb 28, 2023
Yes
735i:

Have you got one yet? I'm looking to get the LG standing 2hp from Colours in VI. It's quite pricey so i was hoping to find reviews here before I get
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by yummydrae(m): 11:42am On Feb 28, 2023
Yes I got the 3hp smart inverter floor ac.. Just got it for about a week now.. It's perfect and am enjoying it.. I only have to change my gen though because it stresses it when the outer unit is about to pick up.. But I believe the 2hp will work very well with the size of my gen
735i:

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
Is General Inverter AC a good brand?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
tizteezy:
Is General Inverter AC a good brand?

What's the country of origin?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2023
Abeg I wan buy LG dual inverter ac. I want to enquire about the performance from ppl using it currently. If it is worth it. The price no be here o on fouani
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by eroticecstasy: 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2023
azidomedogo:

I bought a brand new nexus 1hp non inverter split AC which served me very well for 2 years.

Recently it would cool for 10 minutes and the compressor will shut off but the fan will keep blowing warm air and after let’s say 20 minutes it would display EC on the board and stop working completely . At times the Stabilizer would trip off on its own.

I called a technician who changed the capacitor and everything went back to normal . It worked for 4 months.

Now the problem is back. The compressor shuts down after cooling for 10 minutes and the EC error comes up again.

Has this been resolved?
Had similar issue with my standing AC, the culprit was the capacitor.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by eroticecstasy: 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2023
I'm married to Midea products now!
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by fashrola(m): 5:28pm On Mar 04, 2023
azidomedogo:

Your AC has a leakage of refrigerant, get a good technician that has leak detector tools to check for leakage and braze affected point.... Most of these AC doesnt come with 100% copper coil tubings and hence the material fails and you start having issues with leakages

if there's no leakages, then either your indoor or outdoor PCB is bad

Panasonic, Carrier and Friedrich remains the best in Air conditioning

LG might be considered.... but anything with Nexus, Hisense their tubing are alloy (Aluminum with copper)
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by fashrola(m): 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
tizteezy:
Guys

Please what's the difference or meaning of these gencool, inverter, dual inverter and the like?

Thanks for the anticipated insights

I was about buying used AC but I've decided on holding on to raise money and buy brand new energy saving but efficient unit.

Inverter - This type of AC uses single rotor compressor which requires high speed rotation thereby more vibration and noise during operation at full capacity, though its energy efficient (It takes time to cool the room)

Dual Inverter AC - This type uses two rotor compressor and moves at 180 degree phase angle (This means it provides faster cooling, reduced noise levels, high energy savings, and shorter wait time with greater stability than normal inverter AC)

it is more expensive than the Inverter AC

In a nutshell: Its just like a car with a single cell radiator and a double cell radiator... Which car go get more cooling effect pass?

Genpal: It just a trademark name used by these brands to tell you that it is generator friendly even with the smallest generator

5 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 3:23am On Mar 05, 2023
fashrola:

Inverter - This type of AC uses single rotor compressor which requires high speed rotation thereby more vibration and noise during operation at full capacity, though its energy efficient (It takes time to cool the room)

Dual Inverter AC - This type uses two rotor compressor and moves at 180 degree phase angle (This means it provides faster cooling, reduced noise levels, high energy savings, and shorter wait time with greater stability than normal inverter AC)

In a nutshell: Its just like a car with a single cell radiator and a double cell radiator... Which car go get more cooling effect pass?

Genpal: It just a trademark name used by these brands to tell you that it is generator friendly even with the smallest generator

Thank you chief
I appreciate
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by AnnieTiz(f): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
Good afternoon guys

Please kindly help me out here

I am about purchasing an AC and I'm confused about which to go for out of the two below:

1. Kenstar 1HP inverter

2. LG Gencool dual inverter 1HP (more expensive)

Please kindly respond ASAP, thank you
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by mangolpupa: 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
AnnieTiz:
Good afternoon guys

Please kindly help me out here

I am about purchasing an AC and I'm confused about which to go for out of the two below:

1. Kenstar 1HP inverter

2. LG Gencool dual inverter 1HP (more expensive)

Please kindly respond ASAP, thank you

LG dual cool inverter. Much quiet operation and cools. Secondly if buying from authorised dealer you get product warranty. Should it go bad, parts and knowledge to correct it will be easier cause its an established brand in Nigeria.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2023
I don finally buy LG 1.5hp dual inverter AC. 284k, with installation kit 16,600. I never install am. I go give feedback on the performance later. I hope it serves me better

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by icold: 7:23am On Mar 16, 2023
Any reviews of SCANFROST acs?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by julianebaierr: 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Listed here you'll learn it is important, them offers the link in an helpful webpage: heating
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 6:38am On Mar 21, 2023
[quote author=sacramento1212 post=121358399]

Good morning chief and other knowledgeable guys on the thread.

Please do Skyrun, TCL, Scanfrost and Nexus make good ACs?

And do they use copper coils?

Additionally, a technician was advising me on going for low voltage AC instead of inverter.

If this is true, can you advise on low voltage ACs one can go for? These options can be among the brands stated above or other brands with reasonable pricing.

Panasonic and Gree seem to be power hungry units, but do they have low voltage units as well?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 11:56am On Mar 21, 2023
Please assist with the above

fashrola:

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2023
Please kindly assist with the above too 🙏

sacramento1212:

I prefer the Kenstar.

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by fashrola(m): 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
tizteezy:
Please assist with the above

The above mentioned air conditioning units are ok but if you are talking about an appliance that will give you value for your money and durability
Go for Panasonic (If you have the money)

LG and Samsung is great because they use copper for their condenser unit, that's why it's expensive than others that uses aluminium or copper alloys for their condenser

Apart from Panasonic, they are good brands that are even better than Panasonic but they are not in Nigeria, but I've seen and experienced some of this brands since I work onboard different ships that have different air conditioning system (especially ones with standalone unit for the engine control room not the central HVAC unit)

Daikin (This brand is mad aswear, very rugged)

Friedrich (very expensive, but reliable and most of this unit does with the ship lol)

Amana (This brand of AC is something out of this world, My last ship had this type of brand in the control Room) I barely put it on for 2 hours straight cos your brain go freeze

And all of them pack pure copper condensers

You mentioned of low voltage AC? Low voltage air conditioners are designed especially for the power situation in Nigeria. With voltages as low as 170V, one can enjoy the superb cooling performance of these low voltage air conditioners even in poor power conditions. It allows you to enjoy superb cooling performance even when power is erratic and without the use of a stabilizer.

So ask the dealer when buying one make dem no carry regular AC give you.... I think Genpal is a type of low voltage AC

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
Thank you chief

So does Panasonic have the low voltage starter series of ACs?

I think the company is on promo, I would love to seize the opportunity

fashrola:

The above mentioned air conditioning units are ok but if you are talking about an appliance that will give you value for your money and durability
Go for Panasonic (If you have the money)

LG and Samsung is great because they use copper for their condenser unit, that's why it's expensive than others that uses aluminium or copper alloys for their condenser

Apart from Panasonic, they are good brands that are even better than Panasonic but they are not in Nigeria, but I've seen and experienced some of this brands since I work onboard different ships that have different air conditioning system (especially ones with standalone unit for the engine control room not the central HVAC unit)

Daikin (This brand is mad aswear, very rugged)

Friedrich (very expensive, but reliable and most of this unit does with the ship lol)

Amana (This brand of AC is something out of this world, My last ship had this type of brand in the control Room) I barely put it on for 2 hours straight cos your brain go freeze

And all of them pack pure copper condensers

You mentioned of low voltage AC? Low voltage air conditioners are designed especially for the power situation in Nigeria. With voltages as low as 170V, one can enjoy the superb cooling performance of these low voltage air conditioners even in poor power conditions. It allows you to enjoy superb cooling performance even when power is erratic and without the use of a stabilizer.

So ask the dealer when buying one make dem no carry regular AC give you.... I think Genpal is a type of low voltage AC
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
You also mentioned Daikin

Is Dikin of good quality and copper components?

Do the Daikin and Panasonic have the low voltage starter series?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by fashrola(m): 3:29am On Mar 22, 2023
tizteezy:
Thank you chief

So does Panasonic have the low voltage starter series of ACs?

I think the company is on promo, I would love to seize the opportunity

I don't really know, that's why I said you should ask the dealer (Probably must of them don't know) but I know thermocool has a low voltage AC called Genpal or something
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by fashrola(m): 3:31am On Mar 22, 2023
tizteezy:
You also mentioned Daikin

Is Dikin of good quality and copper components?

Do the Daikin and Panasonic have the low voltage starter series?

You won't find brand new Daikin product in Nigeria except Tokunbo and they are of high standard (copper condenser)

I don't know if any of the brand you listed has a range of low voltage series

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply)

Buy Cheap And Quality Home Theatre Systems And Sound Bars In Lagos / MTN 1gb Now N350, 10gb = N2900 - WhatsApp: 08092002503 / ROMOSS sense 6p 20,000mah POWER BANK, LCD FOR phone laptop via type-C #10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.