Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Beyond The Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond The Change (567 Views)

The Change APC Promised Is Real. Picture Evidence. / The "Change The Change" PDP Billboard In Makurdi I Saw Today (pics) / Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyond The Change by Davidson267(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
My question immediately new service chiefs were announced was: 'So what?' We have had many teams of service chiefs. But I do not seem to see any radical change in our security profile in the country. Each time new military top brass are drafted to the national scene, our hopes are raised, our expectations are lofty and our hyped state of mind is quelled. We begin to see that the days of Boko Haram are numbered. At least, for now, the Boko Haram is the nation's Big Bad Wolf. And, hell, we all wait with bated breath for results. We want to hear that the sect is annihilated and every vestige of it mopped up. We want to hear of the release of the Chibok girls or the remnant of them brought home just in case some of them have been wasted. Nigerians always expect the new military helms men to strain at the leash to bring this nightmare to a gallant end. This military men were chosen against the backdrop of their military exploits. We don't need military henchmen who can plot coup but those who can plot the calamity of the Boko Haram. We all had thought that the name, Buhari, alone would cow the insurgents to submission. In fact, one critical element of the change mantra was the need for change in the security dilemma in our nation. If Buhari had not won the elections, many Nigerians would have interpreted the heightened Boko Haram blitz on soft targets as a Northern reaction to the loss of the elections by their son. I do not insinuate that Buhari is already a failure. Far from it. But the expectation of Nigerians about this Boko Haram thing is high. So far he has visited neighboring countries to mobilize for collaboration in the war against terrorism. We want action. This present crop of service chiefs should work intensely to claim the glory that it was during their time that Boko Haram was walloped disgracefully. So let it be please! By Davidson
Re: Beyond The Change by blazer90707: 1:44am On Jul 15, 2015
I just hope that they work
Re: Beyond The Change by Davidson267(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Amen

(1) (Reply)

[ANALYSIS] Buhari Fails First Reform Test By Keeping Fuel Subsidies In Place / Radio Biafra Fires Back At NBC Again, Says You Lied, We Are Still Broadcasting / Breaking: Union Bank Takes Over Dangote's Company Over Unpaid Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.