Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike (10036 Views)

How Uganda's Health Minister Busted Corrupt Health Workers Using Hijab / Checkout My Body Work After Few Days In The Gym.. / Nigerian Doctors Allege Plot To Incite Health Workers Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Marcelinho(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2015
Health workers in Rivers State on Tuesday agreed to resume work after one year of industrial action due to unpaid salaries and other entitlements by the state government.

The strike action impacted negatively on the state as most people, who could not afford to pay bills in private hospitals were abandoned to their fate.

The industrial action which has led to the death of several persons started when former Governor Chibuike Amaechi was in office but he failed to take serious steps in addressing the challenges of the workers, which include inability to refurbishment some obsolete office equipment, shortage of drugs among others.

Governor Nyesom Wike, a month after he assumed office, however, mandated his deputy, Dr. (Mrs.) Ipalibo Banigo, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health and the State Primary Health Management Board to liaise with the striking health workers on the resolution of the logjam.

After a series of meetings with the State government, an agreement was reached and the health workers, who were satisfied with the intervention of the government, decided to return to work.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/rivers-health-workers-resume-work-after-one-year-strike/

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Freciprocal: 7:27am On Jul 15, 2015
A labourer is indeed worthy of his reward

smiley

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by HirstMOG(m): 7:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Getting to FTC!!

Mean while, Rivers state is workingn Wike is working!!!

26 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by generaliy07(m): 7:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Good

Human lives are more important, though the government needs to meet their needs too

Check my signature

See this too

https://samueliyanu./2015/07/12/irawe-the-dancing-fungi/

1 Like

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by obinna2nv(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Sometimes I wonder, how does Amaechi even sleep at night? He left so much carnage behind!! Even if our comic EFCC doesn't judge him, God in heaven surely will. Indeed our leaders have no conscience and have all sold their souls to the devil...

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Timoleon(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2015
do dey get paid for d 12months? i hope dey bring back lost lives dey couod av saved while at work.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by ojemglo(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2015
gud news

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by macpetrus(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2015
wike is working..... amaechi is hating...

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Wike is working

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Ezenwammadu(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
oga wike is busy working while some iidiots are busy hating

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by NoRetreat(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Rivers always in the news, its my prayer that the state will witness tremendous developments so that they will not disappoint some of us who might want to know the state.
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Harkynkunle(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
hi nairalanders..... these idiots are silly scammers (with mobile
num 09037101896 and 09050947168, also with nairaland
username : Choba .... they claim they sell data bundle but all they
do is to scam innocent N.Landers ..... they persuade d buyer to
send an amount of call card to them for an amount of data
bundle..e.g 1k for 1gb... which seems to be a normal way ppl buy
data bundle lately..... once u send d call card to them in
expectance of d data bundle , they either stop picking ur calls or
they switch off their phones... Beware they are scammers...
below is what they look like

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by kenedy175(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Wike is working

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by dapsoneh: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Season of strike
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Youceee: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Good move
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
And Amaechi dey break fast for Aso Rock like say he was d messiah when he was governor. God will punish him with number of people that died due to d strike.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by SammyO4real: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
HirstMOG:
Getting to FCT!!
Wow!!! What part of FCT exactly are you in, Gwarimpa or Gwagwalada, Buari or Garki, Wuse or Aso Rock? where? Happy for you that you are now in FCT. grin

Wait o...hope say no be FTC u mean sha ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by peeta89(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Fourth to comment. Sooner or later I will be FTC.
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Kexcellency: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Boy101(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Omg... So you mean for an entire year, they were without salaries?, there was lack of staff in government hospitals? How come we never heard anything about it up till this moment...

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by skotch(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Awesome undecided
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by maverickdude(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2015
ok
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by 9jatatafo(m): 7:43am On Jul 15, 2015
Imagine health workers went on strike for a whole year. What a country. And that Amaechi will come on air without shame talking jargons. Just imagine the amount of people that might have died.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by omanifrank(m): 7:43am On Jul 15, 2015
ok
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by justi4jesu(f): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2015
Wike my governor cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2015
Wike righting Ameachi's wrongs since May 29

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by IamforGod: 7:44am On Jul 15, 2015
First of. All don't pay them that 1 year salary.

This people are mean. People must have died.
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by denedene(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2015
and amaechi never enter kirikiri? undecided who amaechi no de owe for rivers angry

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by adioolayi(m): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2015
Harkynkunle:
hi nairalanders..... these idiots are silly scammers (with mobile num 09037101896 and 09050947168, also with nairaland username : Choba .... they claim they sell data bundle but all they do is to scam innocent N.Landers ..... they persuade d buyer to send an amount of call card to them for an amount of data bundle..e.g 1k for 1gb... which seems to be a normal way ppl buy data bundle lately..... once u send d call card to them in expectance of d data bundle , they either stop picking ur calls or they switch off their phones... Beware they are scammers... below is what they look like
you don finished this guys grin
Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Even if the governor wore my cleats he still wouldnt walk in the right direction undecided

Re: Rivers Health Workers Resume Work After One Year Strike by Harkynkunle(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2015
adioolayi:
you don finished this guys grin
bro....i never start... i will make sure i destroy their career for here..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Virology/Lassa Fever Centre Abakaliki Commissioned By Minister Of Health / NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States / Keloids; What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.