Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids (3528 Views)

Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by MrsMourinho: 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

your doctor could be talking trash! confirm from 12 other doctors. if the diagnosis is consistent, adopt a child!
12?shocked
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coogar: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
MrsMourinho:
12?shocked

yes, 12
nigerian doctors are mostly quacks! you cannot even be sure the semën test was conducted in the appropriate physical conditions. many people that are infection-free have been told they have HIV. the ones who actually have it have been told they do not have it. it's a clusterfück! he needs about 12 different tests from different parts of the country to ascertain he is being told the truth!

2 Likes

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by MrsMourinho: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

yes, 12
nigerian doctors are mostly quacks! you cannot even be sure the semën test was conducted in the appropriate physical conditions. many people that are infection-free have been told they have HIV. the ones who actually have it have been told they do not have it. it's a clusterfück! he needs about 12 different tests from different parts of the country to ascertain he is being told the truth!
I agree some Nigerian doctors are quack though.....but there are still some good hospitals he can visit.

OP...you will be fine, eventually smiley
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by edwife(f): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

Medico-legal ma'am.

I own a string of NGOs in Abuja and Lagos, some of which cater to things like this...
Believe the ownership thingie at your own risk grin

But the op should answer my questions. I may be able to prefer some advice.

Lol,medico-legal huh? cheesy

That's good by the way,i saw the Nordica ad on men fertility-maybe he should try that out.
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by crackhaus: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

yes, 12
Your exaggerations are Oscar-worthy grin

3 Likes

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Jennifer89(f): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
l don't know why people get too spiritual when issues like this comes up. did the op tell you that he hasn't prayed and fasted

1 Like

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coogar: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
crackhaus:

Your exaggerations are Oscar-worthy grin

naija hospitals kill more people annually than auschwitz concentration camp. i don't trust what any doctor says there. 2 of my friends lost their moms in naija hospitals through negligence & their lack of professionalism!

1 Like

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by crackhaus: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

naija hospitals kill more people annually than auschwitz concentration camp. i don't trust what any doctor says there. 2 of my friends lost their moms in naija hospitals through negligence & their lack of professionalism!
Okay.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

yes, 12

lol, not even 1 or 2, bros you can lie oh, this is equivalent to making a rock of a rat hole
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

Doctors are careless everywhere, Dora Akunyili was told she didnt have cancerous cells by An american doctors against the diagnosis of her Nigerian doctor, fast forward, she died of cancer..... nowhere is safe
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coogar: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
njokusboy:

Doctors are careless everywhere, Dora Akunyili was told she didnt have cancerous cells by An american doctors against the diagnosis of her Nigerian doctor, fast forward, she died of cancer..... nowhere is safe

don't misappropriate the facts!
she wasn't told she didn't have cancer. she was told she didn't need surgery like naija doctors had recommended. the american doctors only said her problem back then wasn't enough for surgery to be carried out.

they prescribed certain drugs for her and she got better with time. whether she took the drugs administered to her would always be a reverberating question. it was in the same america she was told she had cancer eventually after many years. the original diagnosis by the nigerian doctors in 1998 was correct but solution they proffered(surgery) was wrong!
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by 5minsmadness: 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
edwife:

Lol,medico-legal huh? cheesy

That's good by the way,i saw the Nordica ad on men fertility-maybe he should try that out.

Yes they are very good and thier prices are affordable. He should go there with his wife before concluding all is lost.
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by 5minsmadness: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

she wasn't told she didn't have cancer. she was told she didn't need surgery like naija doctors had recommended. the american doctors only said her problem back then wasn't enough for surgery to be carried out.

they prescribed certain drugs for her and she got better with time. whether she took the drugs administered to her would always be a reverberating question. it was in the same america she was told she had cancer eventually after many years. the original diagnosis by the nigerian doctors in 1998 was correct but solution they proffered(surgery) was wrong!

You are wrong in this one coogar. Our docs made the right call. They made a clinical diagnosis and from experience let Dora know she needed surgery immediately. She went abroad and the american doctors relied on thier tests and said she didn't have cancer. They gave her drugs instead. By the time the diagnosis of cancer was made it was too late (stage 4).
The Nigerian docs were right.
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coogar: 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

You are wrong in this one coogar. Our docs made the right call. They made a clinical diagnosis and from experience let Dora know she needed surgery immediately. She went abroad and the american doctors relied on thier tests and said she didn't have cancer.

they didn't say she didn't have cancer. they said what she has as at 1998 isn't big enough to require surgery so they prescribed drugs to her.

They gave her drugs instead. By the time the diagnosis of cancer was made it was too late (stage 4).
The Nigerian docs were right.

the first diagnosis was in 1998. she died 16 years later. if the first diagnosis required surgery, she wouldn't have lived for another 16 years. cancer don't wait that long to do its damage in humans!
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

Nd the American doctors couldn't come up with a better solution? If she had done the surgery, she prolly would be alive by now..... assuming ur assertions are correct, that is..
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coogar: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
njokusboy:

Nd the American doctors couldn't come up with a better solution? If she had done the surgery, she prolly would be alive by now..... assuming ur assertions are correct, that is..

not every growth requires surgery. as at the time she was diagnosed, the size of the cancer must have been so minute for the american doctors to rule out surgery. anything could have happened between 1998 till 2014. how do you know she kept to the advice given to her as far back as 98? what makes you think she followed her prescriptions religiously?
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

not every growth requires surgery. as at the time she was diagnosed, the size of the cancer must have been so minute for the american doctors to rule out surgery. anything could have happened between 1998 till 2014. how do you know she kept to the advice given to her as far back as 98? what makes you think she followed her prescriptions religiously?

The American doctors told her dat her doctors diagnosed wrongly and that it was just a minor problem..... ofcourse, Dora akunyili was a pharmacist, I find it hard to believe she didn't take her medications, as far as am concerned, the American foolish doctors treated her case with levity, it eventually escalated and she died.... a surgery would have saved her life....
http://www.informationng.com/2014/06/how-dora-akunyili-died.html
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coogar: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
njokusboy:

The American doctors told her dat her doctors diagnosed wrongly and that it was just a minor problem.....

the american doctors only disagreed with the solution the nigerian doctors proffered which is surgery. they never said dora didn't have cancer. they told her she did but it was too small for surgery to be required.

ofcourse, Dora akunyili was a pharmacist, I find it hard to believe she didn't take her medications, as far as am concerned, the American foolish doctors treated her case with levity, it eventually escalated and she died...

a surgery would have saved her life....
http://www.informationng.com/2014/06/how-dora-akunyili-died.html

so what kept the cancer quiet for 16 years? if the american doctors treated her case non-challantly, why did she live a healthy life for more than a decade before she fell ill again?

answer that question..... cheesy
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by 5minsmadness: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

they didn't say she didn't have cancer. they said what she has as at 1998 isn't big enough to require surgery so they prescribed drugs to her.

Nooo
Get your facts straight Bruv. The American doctors said the Nigerians had misdiagnosed, there was no cancer, what she had was a minor issue. They sent her back home on drugs (not anticancer drugs). They were wrong.

the first diagnosis was in 1998. she died 16 years later. if the first diagnosis required surgery, she wouldn't have lived for another 16 years. cancer don't wait that long to do its damage in humans!

There are different kinds of growth, benign and malignant. The malignant growths are the cancers. Benign growths have a tendency to transform to malignant growths over time. This is what the Nigerian doctors feared and warned her about. She actually went abroad to have the surgery but the whites refused. If they had removed the growth chances are she would still be alive today.

There are also what we call slow growing cancers. Whether cervical or ovarian, both are ticking time bombs and need to be removed urgently.

We have very good doctors in this country. The main problem with our doctors is that they are not humane and they lack good communication skills. The doctors patient relationship is extremely poor.

If we delve deep into your friends misfortunes they would most probably have had communication issues with the doctors hence they think thier aunts died from negligence.

I'm not saying negligence doesn't happen in this country but it's not as rampant as the populace make it out to be.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coolshegs10(m): 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Brian2015:
Hello ALL,

I am looking for advice:

I have been to my doctor and done some tests, I can not father a child. My wife and I are desperate to have a family and I have been considering donor sperm. Will people know that this is not in actual fact my biological child?

any advice or help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Kindly go for diverance sir @ MFM Prayer City lag.
..D lord will answer ur prayers and u'll surely father a child.Nothing is as good as having a child of urs.
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by coolshegs10(m): 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Brian2015:
Hello ALL,

I am looking for advice:

I have been to my doctor and done some tests, I can not father a child. My wife and I are desperate to have a family and I have been considering donor sperm. Will people know that this is not in actual fact my biological child?

any advice or help will be greatly appreciated

thanks
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by estheremma(f): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
pls dnt listen to what is been said here.majority here are kids.no one will know
u used a donor unless u tell n u will be suprised that the child will look lyk one of u.pls try that.not even ur father or mother shud knw.lots of people who invite u 4 dedication.u can never knw that lots of nigerians who visit fertility clinics use donors.cheers
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by julietchic(f): 11:46am On Jul 24, 2015
julietchic:

Man proposes but God disposes.
calm down and talk to God( if u are a believer).Continue wt ur confession ( if u have any), God never sleep or slumber... He is the same God yesterday (Sarah), today (me),and for ever( you and etc...).

Am TTC for 4years now and I have faith. I have my confession and am not loosing hope,...I meet a sister here and she told me about God gives her a son without seeing her flow 6 years ( she had not seen it up till nw? since 2008 and she had a son December 2014.
y won't I serve this God?
y won't I have faith in Him?
Right nw I has been feeling somehow since this week and I claim that am pregnant.
i will confirm it next week and come back to testify.
I cover my pregnancy with the blood of Jesus.

It was positive, follow me thank God

3 Likes

Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Gloriagee(f): 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Yayyyy!!!! Happy for u!!!! The God of perfection will perfect everything concerning this child n if u don't mind my saying so, please try n register with a gyne as early as possible to see if u need any supplements n try to avoid stressful stuffs like lifting heavy things. Fill ur mind with positive thots, too.

julietchic:

It was positive, follow me thank God
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by julietchic(f): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Gloriagee:
Yayyyy!!!! Happy for u!!!! The God of perfection will perfect everything concerning this child n if u don't mind my saying so, please try n register with a gyne as early as possible to see if u need any supplements n try to avoid stressful stuffs like lifting heavy things. Fill ur mind with positive thots, too.

Tnx I will.
Am always tired and sleep too much, is it normal?
Re: What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids by Gloriagee(f): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Yep, I was always tired but after ur first trimester, u shd feel stronger. I think u shd eat more beans, moi moi, unripe plantains, salads, green veggies like ugu, liver, fruits n take folic acid.

julietchic:

Tnx I will.
Am always tired and sleep too much, is it normal?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She Not A Disgrace To Womanhood For Saying This? / Bundle Of Joy: Addition To My Family / Salt And Water: Can It Stop Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.