Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur (7595 Views)

Eminem Disses Donald Trump At The 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards / Afeni Shakur, Mother Of Hip-hop Legend Tupac, Dead At 69 / Afeni Shakur Joins Her Son 2pac At 69 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 11:08am On Jul 15, 2015
Eminem also draws a picture of Tupac for the late rapper's mother.

Eminem wrote a letter to Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, for The Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts in Georgia, VIBE reports.

In the letter, Eminem thanks Afeni for the influence she has had on his life. He also details how her son inspired and encouraged him.

"When I was feeling at my worst; (before fame, before Dre) I knew I could put that 'Tupac' tape in," Eminem writes, "and suddenly, things weren't so bad. He gave me the courage to stand up and say 'F**k the world!' 'This is who I am! And if you don't like it, go f**k yourself!' Thank you for giving us his spirit and yours."

Eminem signs the letter as "Marshall." His given name is Marshall Mathers.

Eminem also drew a portrait of Tupac addressed to Afeni.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.34650/title.eminem-pens-letter-to-tupacs-mother-afeni-shakur

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by feldido(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2015
Loyalty to the legend
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2015
Cc: coogar

@AAinEqGuinea

Coogz, ya favourite rapper just wrote a letter to the mother of the real GOAT (Nas is also up there).

Willie D of the legendary Geto Boys also talked extensively last week on why no rapper - dead or alive - especially Biggie should never be compared to 2pac. Scarface always have tears in his eyes when talking about 2pac. Treach of Naughty by Nature gets emotional whenever 2pac is mentioned etc.. Hail Mary is arguably that tune that makes every rapper bow down when talking about 2pac. Greatness.

I need to write a letter to Afeni Shakur as well, about how Pac's music saved my life and how his words always give me hope whenever I'm in a dark place. The most inspirational artist ever to all kids from disadvantaged backgrounds - who're the overwhelming majority of folks on this planet. Hip hop's Jesus - we miss you! grin

2 Likes

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2015
Cc: mikuz, lalasticlala, giiyaz, siddogg, airmark

Please, help us put our icon on frontpage for all hip hop heads.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Rex123(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2015
Tu pac was a god!!! For me Eminem is the GOAT alive!!!
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:
Cc: coogar

@AAinEqGuinea

Coogz, ya favourite rapper just wrote a letter to the mother of the real GOAT (Nas is also up there).

Willie D of the legendary Geto Boys also talked extensively last week on why no rapper - dead or alive - especially Biggie should never be compared to 2pac. Scarface always have tears in his eyes when talking about 2pac. Treach of Naughty by Nature gets emotional whenever 2pac is mentioned etc.. Hail Mary is arguably that tune that makes every rapper bow down when talking about 2pac. Greatness.

I need to write a letter to Afeni Shakur as well, about how Pac's music saved my life and how his words always give me hope whenever I'm in a dark place. The most inspirational artist ever to all kids from disadvantaged backgrounds - who're the overwhelming majority of folks on this planet. Hip hop's Jesus - we miss you! grin

if 2pac was still alive, he would be learning the power of lyricism from eminem. eminem is the face of rap. he's fearless, he's unique, he's the rap god.

while notable icons in the western world are scared to say shyte about LGBT, eminem is the only one out there that constantly uses homophobic slurs and corporate america can't do shyte about his record sales.

even obama can't do without faggöts to keep his political party relevant. eminem curses them, shytes on them & his record sales still climbs. he was supposed to have a gig at hyde park last year....the faggöt community petitioned him as an enemy of the homösexuals & the gig got cancelled. eminem took the gig to wembley stadium and wembley sold out!

the fear of the rap god is the genesis of wisdom! grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Lordave: 11:44am On Jul 15, 2015
Eminem has a pretty good handwriting.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

if 2pac was still alive, he would be learning the power of lyricism from eminem. eminem is the face of rap. he's fearless, he's unique, he's the rap god.

while notable icons in the western world are scared to say shyte about LGBT, eminem is the only one out there that constantly uses homophobic slurs and corporate america can't do shyte about his record sales.

even obama can't do without faggöts to keep his political party relevant. eminem curses them, shytes on them & his record sales still climbs. he was supposed to have a gig at hyde park last year....the faggöt community petitioned him as an enemy of the homösexuals & the gig got cancelled. eminem took the gig to wembley stadium and wembley sold out!

Lol. Aren't 99.999% of rappers homophobic? grin

Anyway, Eminem just bowed down to worship the god of rap. Heck, even Em will tell you that he's not fit to clean 2pac's shoes. grin

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by airmark(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lordave:
Eminem has a pretty good handwriting.

It looks like mine when I was a primary school pupil. grin grin grin

"He was and he is the true definition of a soldier". - Em
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. Aren't 99.999% of rappers homophobic? grin

99.99% of rappers do not have eminem's soundscan statistics & that is the difference. if you are a regular homophobic rapper, you would remain underground. eminem is the highest selling rapper in the history of mankind. his numbers have condemned 2pac's to a lilliput status

Anyway, Eminem just bowed down to worship the god of rap. Heck, even Em will tell you that he's not fit to clean 2pac's shoes. grin

everyone was inspired by someone.
a teacher taught you mathematics & fraction when you were young. is it fair to say you dunno more than that teacher today? 2pac was in the game well before eminem - it's only natural for eminem to look up to him. it's got nothing to do with their skills on the mic!
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Lordave: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
airmark:

It looks like mine when I was a primary school pupil. grin grin grin

"He was and he is the true definition of a soldier". - Em
Having such calligraphy in primary school means it's improved very much now, can we see a screen shot please? tongue

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by stillreal(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
Letters probably for Afeni letting him produce Pacs album , loyal to the game
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

word. 2Pac is more of a Hip-Hop martyr .

Lalasticlala.. Ishilove... - front page ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

99.99% of rappers do not have eminem's soundscan statistics & that is the difference. if you are a regular homophobic rapper, you would remain underground. eminem is the highest selling rapper in the history of mankind. his numbers have condemned 2pac's to a lilliput status

So, you judge greatness by soundscan statistics, no? Based on that logic, I'd wager that both MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice are greater than Kool G Rap and Rakim then, yes? That's basically ya premise, while forgetting the fact Eminem's race played a big role in his soundscan stats, and he alludes to it all the time cos white folks are the ones who buy music due to economic advantage.

2pac has a career span of 5 years - from 1991 when he released 2Pacalypse Now, to 1996 when he died. However, it took Eminem 15 years, from 1999, to 2014 - to break that soundscan record of 2pac. That's greatness right there.

everyone was inspired by someone.
a teacher taught you mathematics & fraction when you were young. is it fair to say you dunno more than that teacher today? 2pac was in the game well before eminem - it's only natural for eminem to look up to him. it's got nothing to do with their skills on the mic!

You can never be greater than ya god - hence Kobe Bryant will always be in the shadow of Michael Jordan. Supremely mathematics. grin

Read Eminem's letter again and celebrate the real GOAT! cool

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

So, you judge greatness by soundscan statistics, no? Based on that logic, I'd wager that both MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice are greater than Kool G Rap and Rakim then, yes? That's basically ya premise, while forgetting the fact Eminem's race played a big role in his soundscan stats, and he alludes to it all the time cos white folks are the ones who buy music due to economic advantage.

2pac has a career span of 5 years - from 1991 when he released 2Pacalypse Now, to 1996 when he died. However, it took Eminem 15 years, from 1999, to 2014 - to break that soundscan record of 2pac. That's greatness right there.

You can never be greater than ya god - hence Kobe Bryant will always be in the shadow of Michael Jordan. Supremely mathematics. grin

Eminent actually raps better than Tu-pac by a very wide margin. that's indisputable.
even Crooked I would rap circles round Pac. & that alone makes him greater.

Pac is just overly respected because he was among the pioneers & due to the circumstances surrounding his death.
he was not that technically sound & his pen game was weak. I don't judge with career span or record sales-just skill✘

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

Eminent actually raps better than Tu-pac by a very wide margin. that's indisputable.
even Crooked I would rap circles round Pac.

Pac is just respected because he was among the pioneers & due to the circumstances surrounding his death.
he was not that technically sound & his pen game was weak. I don't judge with career span or record sales-just skill✘

But has he got 2pac's content, catalogue, different subject-matter, and supreme ability to rock any type of beat? Technicality is just one aspect of it, hence 2pac will always be on a different pedestal.

Even if we were to compare technicalities, Eminem isn't fit to lace Nas' shoes when it comes to complex metaphors rhyme patterns that stresses words and make them rhyme in translation, rather than generic pronunciation, in the art of storytelling. Nas' content is also one of the greatest ever, while Eminem's music has no content, just pure garbage. And Eminem will never be able to rhyme like Biggie even if his life depended on it. Furthermore, Eminem isn't even the greatest when it comes to his style of rap - I'd pick both Chino XL and Keith Murray of Def Squad before Eminem, when it comes wordplay and multisyllabic rhyme pattern.

Greatness isn't just about one thing - it encompasses a body of work, and reach.

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by olashas(f): 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
Even Eminem respects the greatest rapper of all time. 2pac lives on cool

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

But has he got 2pac's content, catalogue, different subject-matter, and supreme ability to rock any type of beat? Technicality is just one aspect of it, hence 2pac will always be on a different pedestal.

Even if we were to compare technicalities, Eminem isn't fit to lace Nas' shoes when it comes to complex metaphors rhyme patterns that stresses words and make them rhyme in translation, rather than generic pronunciation, in the art of storytelling. Nas' content is also one of the greatest ever, while Eminem's music has no content, just pure garbage. And Eminem will never be able to rhyme like Biggie even if his life depended on it. Furthermore, Eminem isn't even the greatest when it comes to his style of rap - I'd pick both Chino XL and Keith Murray of Def Squad before Eminem, when it comes wordplay and multisyllabic rhyme pattern.

Greatness isn't just about one thing - it encompasses a body of work, and reach.

you shot yourself in the foot by saying Eminem would never be able to rhyme like biggie.. hehehe

Biggie that could never do past 2 syllabic rhymes- Big L was even a better rhymer than biggie. .

Eminem is the best rhymer in the game. His rhyme scheme trumps that of basic Nas & whoever you mentioned. is this joke? Nas that cannot even do 2-syllabic rhymes consistently. Ibime on nairaland rhymes better than Nas...

only thing Nas/Tu pac has & Eminem doesn't - is content like you said.
other than that, Eminem has better wordplays, metaphors/similes,punchlines, flow & delivery.

Nas/Tupac can't freestyle to save their lives. I don't think I have to tell you of Eminem 's off the top ability.
Nas/Tupac aren't battle emcees - Eminem on the other hand emerged from the battle circuit & had been eating emcees since time immemorial.
which goes on to prove that he's the complete package.
he can make meaningful song if he wants.. he just prefers the clowning route. ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
this is the rhyme analysis on Eminem's verse in the Shady xv cypher alone..

RHYME SYLLABLES
TOTAL SYLLABLES
RHYMING LINES
155/161 www.rappad.co/blueprints/104060
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

So, you judge greatness by soundscan statistics, no? Based on that logic, I'd wager that both MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice are greater than Kool G Rap and Rakim then, yes?

the difference is - mc hammer & vanilla ice didn't consistently go against public opinion over social issues. they kept it rap! they had no real enemies. eminem was constantly against the american govt! bush, dick cheney, hilary clinton & the current elephant in the room(LGBT) have all felt eminem's wrath through his lyrics.

GLAAD staged a massive demonstration in the 2000 grammy awards protesting against eminem. you don't go against GLAAD in america & prosper. politicians can't touch them, illuminati don't mess with them. eminem took them down & still he still tops the soundscan charts.

he must be doing juju! grin

That's basically ya premise, while forgetting the fact Eminem's race played a big role in his soundscan stats, and he alludes to it all the time cos white folks are the ones who buy music due to economic advantage.

his race has nothing to do with it!
eminem grew up in a black neighbourhood. he had black friends, he lived a black lifestyle. his best friend from childhood to adult was a black guy. truth is, eminem is more negroid than your regular will smith, obama & tyler perry. the race has nothing to do with it, the environment is the koko.

eminem overtook 2pac as far back as 2009 from his 5th album. 2pac had about 15 albums to cop 80 million units. eminem achieved it with 5 albums. grin

michael jordan was inspired by his big brother, larry jordan. we should then conclude larry is the greatest basketball player in the world. grin

2pac is great in his own rights & in his own era. biko, don't compare what eminem pens as lyrics to what 2pac did. 2pac was basic, eminem is complex. 2pac can be described as a dial-up internet connection, eminem is fibre optic broadband internet. grin
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

you shot yourself in the foot by saying Eminem would never be able to rhyme like biggie.. hehehe

Biggie that could never do past 2 syllabic rhymes- Big L was even a better rhymer than biggie. .

Eminem is the best rhymer in the game. His rhyme scheme trumps that of basic Nas & whoever you mentioned. is this joke? Nas that cannot even do 2-syllabic rhymes consistently. Ibime on nairaland rhymes better than Nas...

only thing Nas/Tu pac has & Eminem doesn't - is content like you said.
other than that, Eminem has better wordplays, metaphors/similes,punchlines, flow & delivery.

Nas/Tupac can't freestyle to save their lives. I don't think I have to tell you of Eminem 's off the top ability.
Nas/Tupac aren't battle emcees - Eminem on the other hand emerged from the battle circuit & had been eating emcees since time immemorial.
which goes on to prove that he's the complete package.
he can make meaningful song if he wants.. he just prefers the clowning route. ✘

Lol. How old are you? grin

Big L (one of the greats) rhymes better than Biggie? grin

Ibime of NL? - bwahahahahahahahaha. Ibime of NL wouldn't be able to decifer Nas' most simplistic metaphor even if he were smacked in the face by it. grin

I can't even respond to this - Nas' first tune when he was 17 or 18, that he did at "live at the Barbecue" called "Halftime" shiits on Eminem's career. grin

I'm done - I just wasted a few minutes of my life.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

the difference is - mc hammer & vanilla ice didn't consistently go against public opinion over social issues. they kept it rap! they had no real enemies. eminem was constantly against the american govt! bush, dick cheney, hilary clinton & the current elephant in the room(LGBT) have all felt eminem's wrath through his lyrics.

GLAAD staged a massive demonstration in the 2000 grammy awards protesting against eminem. you don't go against GLAAD in america & prosper. politicians can't touch them, illuminati don't mess with them. eminem took them down & still he still tops the soundscan charts.

he must be doing juju! grin

his race has nothing to do with it!
eminem grew up in a black neighbourhood. he had black friends, he lived a black lifestyle. his best friend from childhood to adult was a black guy. truth is, eminem is more negroid than your regular will smith, obama & tyler perry. the race has nothing to do with it, the environment is the koko.

eminem overtook 2pac as far back as 2009 from his 5th album. 2pac had about 15 albums to cop 80 million units. eminem achieved it with 5 albums. grin

michael jordan was inspired by his big brother, larry jordan. we should then conclude larry is the greatest basketball player in the world. grin

2pac is great in his own rights & in his own era. biko, don't compare what eminem pens as lyrics to what 2pac did. 2pac was basic, eminem is complex. 2pac can be described as a dial-up internet connection, eminem is fibre optic broadband internet. grin

Coogz, I'm done with this topic. I just lost my appetite. grin

Someone just said Ibime of NL raps better than Nas and Big L is a better rhymer than Biggie. grin

I'm out.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Coogz, I'm done with this topic. I just lost my appetite. grin

Someone just said Ibime of NL raps better than Nas and Big L is a better rhymer than Biggie. grin

I'm out.

you know a writer like me cannot disagree with that claims.

i think you only listen to the content. writers actually look at how the words are arranged. you can be saying hippydy blah blah & writers wouldn't care. it's all about the technical aspect of it - perfect timing of rhymes, multis, punches and wordplay.

what 2pac & nas did was just poetry!
if i wanna listen to such, i would grab a book by robert stevenson. if i want to listen to hilarious punchlines that would make me jump off my seat......it's eminem and big L. no one aspiring to be a writer would see 2pac as an inspiration. you cannot learn anything from the way he writes.

however, you will benefit from listening to him just for the entertainment!
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

you know a writer like me cannot disagree with that claims.

i think you only listen to the content. writers actually look at how the words are arranged. you can be saying hippydy blah blah & writers wouldn't care. it's all about the technical aspect of it - perfect timing of rhymes, multis, punches and wordplay.

what 2pac & nas did was just poetry!
if i wanna listen to such, i would grab a book by robert stevenson. if i want to listen to hilarious punchlines that would make me jump off my seat......it's eminem and big L. no one aspiring to be a writer would see 2pac as an inspiration. you cannot learn anything from the way he writes.

however, you will benefit from listening to him just for the entertainment!

You just defeated your whole argument with this.

What was rap music created for - storytelling, content, poetry, and hood news - or technicality on how words are arranged? The debate is about hip hop, not how to be a writer. And no serious minded person trying to educate himself on pencraft would listen to a rapper, or any musician for that matter, for inspiration. They're mostly poor writers with little or no formal education.

I believe the whole debate is just about nothing really. You can win a debate against an hip hop head when the premise of ya argument is primarily about technicality of style - not what the nucleus of what the subject matter is about: which is content.

Eminem is a stark illiterate as well, so ya argument is baseless.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

You just defeated your whole argument with this.

What was rap music created for - storytelling, content, poetry, and hood news - or technicality on how words are arranged? The debate is about hip hop, not how to be a writer. And no serious minded person trying to educate himself on pencraft would listen to a rapper, or any musician for that matter, for inspiration. They're mostly poor writers with little or no formal education.

this is where you get it wrong bro.....
eminem has a better penmanship than 2pac or even biggie! eminem's vocab pool is larger - this is why he's one of the best writers to ever do the game.

putting polysyllabic rhymes together actually makes you do more research on words cos you are constantly looking for words that rhyme with certain vowels. eminem said so himself that the dictionary was his favourite book when growing up.

don't compare rappers that emerged from the battle rap circuit to poets like nas or 2pac. haba, you are a disciple of smack DVD. which of your iconic rappers(dead or living) in the industry can stand toe to toe with loaded lux when it comes to excellent verbiage?

that's the difference!!!

I believe the whole debate is just about nothing really. You can win a debate against an hip hop head when the premise of ya argument is primarily about technicality of style - not what the nucleus of what the subject matter is about: which is content.

anybody can write songs....
hell, davido & whizkid are even doing that these days but it's when you actually analyse those lyrics and see the thought & craft put into it that you would appreciate the joint. this is why eminem can say a whole lot of shyte repeatedly about his mom & still have people buying his albums.

it's not that we are interested in his difficult upbringing, we are only anxious to see which unlikely words eminem is going to string together as rhymes. grin
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol.

Big L (one of the greats) rhymes better than Biggie? grin

Ibime of NL? - bwahahahahahahahaha. Ibime of NL wouldn't be able to decifer Nas' most simplistic metaphor even if he were smacked in the face by it. grin

I can't even respond to this - Nas' first tune when he was 17 or 18, that he did at "live at the Barbecue" called "Halftime" shiits on Eminem's career. grin

I'm done - I just wasted a few minutes of my life.

read well.. I never said Ibime does metaphors better than Nas.
I said Ibime rhymes better than Nas. & that's a fact.
even coogar would affirm this. you obviously don't know how to judge rhymes.. I doubt you know what poly-syllabic rhymes are.

I thought you were a rap head.. Big L was one of the best,if not the best rhymer during his time.
the father & pioneer of double rhyming. go do your homework cos you know Nowt about the Art of rhyming. .✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

this is where you get it wrong bro.....
eminem has a better penmanship than 2pac or even biggie! eminem's vocab pool is larger - this is why he's one of the best writers to ever do the game.

putting polysyllabic rhymes together actually makes you do more research on words cos you are constantly looking for words that rhyme with certain vowels. eminem said so himself that the dictionary was his favourite book when growing up.

don't compare rappers that emerged from the battle rap circuit to poets like nas or 2pac. haba, you are a disciple of smack DVD. which of your iconic rappers(dead or living) in the industry can stand toe to toe with loaded lux when it comes to excellent verbiage?

that's the difference!!!

You still aren't debating based on the nucleus of what hip hop is about: content and storytelling. Pencraft is just on the peripheral, and that's basically what ya whole argument is about. I'd wager that if 2pac really cared about pencraft, he would've done it cos he was far more educated than Eminem. Heck, when he first started rapping in Oakland, his name was MC New York, but according to him, he had to drop all that NY complex rap, for more content and storytelling to get his message across.

Also, if pencraft were to be the yardstick - Em still won't even be top-3. MF Doom, Tech N9ne, Big Pun, Keith Murray, and The Rugged Man - even Black Thought and Kool G Rap - have/had better pencraft than Em. For punchlines - Big L was forever the king of punchlines.

This isn't about battle rap - this is about rap music. Even in battle rap, Em was schooled by Rhymefest.

Honestly, the basis of ya argument sounds like comparing that naij clown that uses a lot of incoherent Latin words to Prof. Wole Soyinka when it comes to being a wordsmith. grin

anybody can write songs....
hell, davido & whizkid are even doing that these days but it's when you actually analyse those lyrics and see the thought & craft put into it that you would appreciate the joint. this is why eminem can say a whole lot of shyte repeatedly about his mom & still have people buying his albums.

it's not that we are interested in his difficult upbringing, we are only anxious to see which unlikely words eminem is going to string together as rhymes. grin

Lmao @ the first paragraph - I can't even respond to that. grin

I'm a hip hop head and I don't care about what technicality whatever rapper brings to the table. I'm more into the street poetry, content, the art of storytelling - and what I can relate to. I've more formal education than all rappers, and my pencraft is supreme - I don't care about whatever words a rapper strings together. The message is the most important thing - that's why I listen to music.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

read well.. I never said Ibime does metaphors better than Nas.
I said Ibime rhymes better than Nas. & that's a fact.
even coogar would affirm this. you obviously don't know how to judge rhymes..

I thought you were a rap head.. Big L was one of the best,if not the best rhymer during his time.
the father & pioneer of double rhyming. go do your homework.✘

How old are you? Answer that.

You sound like a kid who probably started listening to rap music yesterday.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

How old are you? Answer that.

You sound like a kid who probably started listening to rap music yesterday.

what does my age have to do with the topic on the table?

only a tool would say Biggie rhymes better than Big L. please..you know nothing about the Art of rhyming. you are just a wannabe.
If you can't write bars then why should I even be arguing with you [a lay man] go learn about poly-syllabic rhymes & compare Biggie's verses to that of Big-L .. a log of wood must be looking your vision. ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

what does my age have to do with the topic on the table?

only a tool would say Biggie rhymes better than Big L. please..you know nothing about the Art of rhyming. you are just a wannabe.
If you can't write bars then I shouldn't even be arguing with a lay man ✘

Lol, that's the problem with ya village kids from naij on here - you just don't know how to talk and have the tendency of getting utterly disrespectful. If I were to e-smack ya bummy ar.se now, folks are going to start saying I'm too caustic and troublesome. Even those you worship on here won't dare step to me - better ask around. What do you even know about hip hop?

Just run along and don't look back. I'll just ignore you - no time for kids.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
How can you say Biggie rhymes better than Big-L & yet claim to be a hip-hop head.
Joke of the century.

here's an except from Biggie's Juicy where he was doing basic mono-syllabic rhymes-

was all a dream
I used to read Word Up magazine
Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
Hangin' pictures on my wall
Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl
I let my tape rock 'til my tape pop
Smokin' weed and bamboo, sippin' on private stock
Way back, when I had the red and black lumberjack
With the hat to match
Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha
You never thought that hip hop would take it this far
Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight
Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade
Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner
Peace to Ron G, Brucey B, Kid Capri
Funkmaster Flex, Lovebug Starsky
I'm blowin' up like you thought I would
Call the crib, same number same hood
It's all good
Uh, and if you don't know, now you know,
now compare to Big-L's freestyle verse packed with poly-syllabic rhymes from top to bottom.

Yo, I got slugs for snitches
No love for bitches
Puttin thugs in ditches
When my trigger finger itches
I got a rep that make police jet
Known to get a priest wet
I never beg for pusssy like Keith Sweat
Is Big L slow ? Hell no
Bitches get bleeped on the roof when I ain't got
no hotel dough
I'm known for yoking jacks
And beatin them with smoking gats
Leavin token blacks with broken backs and
open caps
So with that bullshit, step to the rear son
The last thing you want with Big L is a fair one
Cause in a street brawl, I strike men like
lightning
You see what happened in my last fight friend
Aight then
I beat kids with lead pipes
I leave a trail of dead mic's
Where I'm from, niggaz jewels get ran like red
lights

Old folks get mugged and raided
Crimes are drug related
And we live by the street rules that thugs
created

It's quite obvious that Big-L was the better rhymer.. & this further proves that you are a wannabe that knows nowt about rhyming ✘

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, that's the problem with ya village kids from naij on here - you just don't know how to talk and have the tendency of getting utterly disrespectful. If I were to e-smack ya bummy ar.se now, folks are going to start saying I'm too caustic and troublesome. Even those you worship on here won't dare step to me - better ask around. What do you even know about hip hop?

Just run along and don't look back. I'll just ignore you - no time for kids.

I would roast your bonce & defecate in your putrid eyes.
who do you wanna e-smack? please, I beg you to try & e-smack me..

so you weren't being disrespectful when you were asking for my age.. you left the convo & started asking for age like a bird-brained r£tard.

you say you know rap & yet you said Biggie rhymes better than Big-L. ..that statement alone proves you are a rap-illiterate.
you are supposed to be terribly ashamed of yourself for vomiting such hokum
& I worship no one here. . talk sensibly. ✘

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Top 20 Favourite Enya's Songs / Wizkid's Holla At Your Boy Is A Total Rip Off! Listen To The Real Clip Here! / My Song Carry-first Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.