Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur (7599 Views)

Eminem Disses Donald Trump At The 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards / Afeni Shakur, Mother Of Hip-hop Legend Tupac, Dead At 69 / Afeni Shakur Joins Her Son 2pac At 69 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by AAinEqGuinea: 3:09am On Jul 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

@bold - right on the money, hence tunes from both artists will always be the soundtrack to my life. And they both have tons of timeless classics in their catalogues. Depth/hood-scholasticism about the black experience is the essence of hip hop and why that genre of music was created in the first place. Biggie with all his super-duper flow and supreme rhymes never had that, apart from maybe "Juicy" - his content was all about chics, lifestyle, party and BS. Ditto Jigga and his Al Pacino rap, apart from "hardknock life" a few other tunes. Ice Cube and Scarface (Maybe Andre 3000) also had depth.

Not all new skool rappers are antagonistic - J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar are keeping the torch alive. And Wale celebrates black women with poetry, albeit not as politically inclined/conscious as the other two. As for Afro-rap, I don't listen to it, so I'm not in a position to talk about the content of their lyrics.

Lol, that has to do with projecting a certain image that will fit the mainstream description of the average black man. The extremely violent crack dealing thug - isn't that the narrative? grin That's why I've never been a fan of trap music - never liked Jeezy and T.I, and still don't like both artists. But I used to listen to a lot The Lox, perhaps due to their supreme lyricism and storytelling about the streets of Yonkers.

Artists like Nas aren't made everyday - they only come once in a lifetime. Heck, his first proper tune at age 17 is still one of the greatest hip hop ever - no one can't touch that. AZ was a dope lyricist as well and he did drop arguably the greatest verse ever in hip hop on Nas' "Life's a B1tch" on the Illmatic album - only God knows what happened to him after The Firm got disbanded. I had high hopes when I first heard Joey Bada$$, but it seems he just fell off the map lyrically. I guess New York needs another era of Five Percent nation and the Poor Righteous Teachers all over the hoods of NY to civilise the savages, for them to get it right again. grin Jay Electronica caught the bug, only God knows what happened to him after dropping Exhibit C.

@bold not every rapper preaches/glorifies the trap lifestyle but based on the fact music industries put effort on cropping up gimmicks these days made me dismiss the industry entirely, especially seeing real artist with true things to spit cant get deals. This wasnt always the case as hip hop had a way of weeding out gimmicks or there was only so high far that a gimmick could carry a person. NY was usually where the buck stopped or was at least checked. But today, the industry is producing types of people i hate; fake and non-shooting drug dealer (I hate the drama thats comes with dealing because it hits too close to home, again fucking up your kingdom to get money). This bullsh.it has poured over into battle rap too.

Ive went more global and indie with black music, but admittedly I havent ran too far from the music I grew up on.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Whizumar: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2018
Shymm3x:
Eminem also draws a picture of Tupac for the late rapper's mother.

Eminem wrote a letter to Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, for The Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts in Georgia, VIBE reports.

In the letter, Eminem thanks Afeni for the influence she has had on his life. He also details how her son inspired and encouraged him.

"When I was feeling at my worst; (before fame, before Dre) I knew I could put that 'Tupac' tape in," Eminem writes, "and suddenly, things weren't so bad. He gave me the courage to stand up and say 'F**k the world!' 'This is who I am! And if you don't like it, go f**k yourself!' Thank you for giving us his spirit and yours."

Eminem signs the letter as "Marshall." His given name is Marshall Mathers.

Eminem also drew a portrait of Tupac addressed to Afeni.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.34650/title.eminem-pens-letter-to-tupacs-mother-afeni-shakur

https://instrumentalbeats.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Song Carry-first Trends On Twitter / Wizkid's Holla At Your Boy Is A Total Rip Off! Listen To The Real Clip Here! / A Nairalander's Top 20 Favourite Enya's Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.