Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,517 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur (7600 Views)

Eminem Disses Donald Trump At The 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards / Afeni Shakur, Mother Of Hip-hop Legend Tupac, Dead At 69 / Afeni Shakur Joins Her Son 2pac At 69 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by sinizia: 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
Debating this topic is like debating in feminist-esque threads - NO SIDES agrees with each other. Waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
darkenedrebel:

I would roast your bonce & shit in your putrid eyes.
who do you wanna e-smack?
so you weren't being disrespectful when you were asking for my age.. you left the convo & started asking for age like a r£tard.

you say you know rap & yet you said Biggie rhymes better than Big-L. that alone shows you are a rap-illiterate. & I worship no one here. . talk sensibly. ✘
[/s]

With all ya borrowed words from coogar and Ibime? - bwahahaha. grin Even all ya gods on NL combined wouldn't dare get in the ring with me, you scrounging, primeval and infantile naij illiterate bum. Just move over and stop quoting me, I don't have time for ill-mannered little oafs.

Look at my handle or any variant of it, and don't ever quote my post on this forum again.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
This is bar/standard for rhyming in hip hop - even if Big L (one of the greats and forever the punchline king) were alive, he won't even dare say he rhymed better than this. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6XhzXB3oY8
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
I'm not even a Biggie groupie - Big L ain't touching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbELEUfmIA
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
Notorious B.I.G the Frank White!!!

Damn!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ob3hda_myk
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

You still aren't debating based on the nucleus of what hip hop is about: content and storytelling. Pencraft is just on the peripheral, and that's basically what ya whole argument is about. I'd wager that if 2pac really cared about pencraft, he would've done it cos he was far more educated than Eminem. Heck, when he first started rapping in Oakland, his name was MC New York, but according to him, he had to drop all that NY complex rap, for more content and storytelling to get his message across.

see eh!
i know everything about 2pac. i was raised in the golden age era of hip-hop. there's no 2pac album i don't have on my i-pod although i was more of a biggie fan when they were both alive. 2pac was my 2nd favourite rap artiste in that era.

Also, if pencraft were to be the yardstick - Em still won't even be top-3. MF Doom, Tech N9ne, Big Pun, Keith Murray, and The Rugged Man - even Black Thought and Kool G Rap - have/had better pencraft than Em. For punchlines - Big L was forever the king of punchlines.

eminem is better than all these names. you just have to analyse eminem's lyricism to see what we are talking about. you focus on what was said, i am more about how it was said. this is why we have opposing views about this.

This isn't about battle rap - this is about rap music. Even in battle rap, Em was schooled by Rhymefest.

and it was eminem that got a record deal from dre........which then tells you that had eminem appeared on that stage as a los angeles rapper with a black skin, he would have won the competition. there were 6 draws between them in the final before eminem lost out to his opponent who had the homefield advantage!

Honestly, the basis of ya argument sounds like comparing that naij clown that uses a lot of incoherent Latin words to Prof. Wole Soyinka when it comes to being a wordsmith. grin

it's not about using big vocabulary otherwise canibus would be high on the list. eminem uses words like its never been used - he bends those words to fit a rhyme pattern. he weaves around metaphors & kills any joint with amazing punchlines.

did you not see jay-z struggling to keep up on renegade? eminem simply showed why he should never be underestimated. he schooled jay-z with flow, delivery & excellent penmanship..........and jigga was the king of NY when this happened. there's a difference between bubblegum rappers & eminem.

Lmao @ the first paragraph - I can't even respond to that. grin

hehe!!!

I'm a hip hop head and I don't care about what technicality whatever rapper brings to the table. I'm more into the street poetry, content, the art of storytelling - and what I can relate to. I've more formal education than all rappers, and my pencraft is supreme - I don't care about whatever words a rapper strings together. The message is the most important thing - that's why I listen to music.

that's exactly what i said earlier.
we look for different things in the art of rap & this is why rap is the essence of living, people get different "highs" from it. if it's about the art of storytelling.......biggie, nas, 2pac are high on the list. eminem can also do it(stan, brain damage, my fault, etc are testimonies) but he doesn't do it as much as the aforementioned rappers.

if it's about the other elements that make a rapper fearsome, eminem is better than all of them put together. eminem shreds his foes. you saw how he singlehandedly destroyed the source magazine - the holy quaran of hip-hop! even rakim said if eminem was a black man, he would be held in the same pedestal as muhammad ali. i think that's the highest form of respect you can give a white boy in the art of lyricism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbHPpdPhlic

maybe that video clip would convince you a bit. eminem is lyrically insane! you don't want a war of words with him.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:
[s][/s]

With all ya borrowed words from coogar and Ibime? - bwahahaha. grin Even all ya gods on NL combined wouldn't dare get in the ring with me, you scrounging, primeval and infantile naij illiterate bum. Just move over and stop quoting me, I don't have time for ill-mannered little oafs.

Look at my handle or any variant of it, and don't ever quote my post on this forum again.

because I said Ibime rhymes better than Nas - that means I'm worshipping him?

pigs like you are proofs that evolution can go wrong.
I borrow words from coogar because he is the author of the English language?
Living abroad has only made you dumber. I'm sure a field mouse can trump you in a game of wits.

to make it worse you are married - If only your wife could see the level of idiocy you are displaying on social media.

the little oaf here is you for unwittingly positing that Biggie rhymes better than Big-L.
keep your illiteracy & bland sarcasm to the dumb b1tches you waste your life chatting with in the family section,cos I don't condone such bitchiness..

you made an error foolishly.. Instead of you to agree & learn - you keep on swimming in your foolishness.. stewpid Danube Crested Newt ✘

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:
This is bar/standard for rhyming in hip hop - even if Big L (one of the greats and forever the punchline king) were alive, he won't even dare say he rhymed better than this. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6XhzXB3oY8

what do you know about rhyming ?

when all these lay men start feeling like they know rap.. stop embarrassing yourself. Big-L was a better rhymer than Biggie.. ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
darkenedrebel:

because I said Ibime rhymes better than Nas - that means I'm worshipping him?

pigs like you are proofs that evolution can go wrong.
I borrow words from coogar because he is the author of the English language?
Living abroad has only made you dumber. I'm sure a field mouse can trump you in a game of wits.

to make it worse you are married - If only your wife could see the level of idiocy you are displaying on social media.

the little oaf here is you for unwittingly positing that Biggie rhymes better than Big-L.
keep your illiteracy & bland sarcasm to the dumb b1tches you waste your life chatting with in the family section,cos I don't condone such bitchiness..

you made an error foolishly.. Instead of you to agree & learn - you keep on swimming in your foolishness.. stewpid Danube Crested Newt ✘
[/s]

Bwahahahaha at the nursery school playground puerile banter! grin

Puerile kid, I don't have time for kiddies game. I was a hip hop head way before ya drunken father peed into ya mum's pum, to sire you. No need to waste lexicon on you - even ya pops wouldn't dare debate me on rap music.

Last reply to you - don't cry, kid. You're henceforth on permanent ignore button.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

see eh!
i know everything about 2pac. i was raised in the golden age era of hip-hop. there's no 2pac album i don't have on my i-pod although i was more of a biggie fan when they were both alive. 2pac was my 2nd favourite rap artiste in that era.

eminem is better than all these names. you just have to analyse eminem's lyricism to see what we are talking about. you focus on what was said, i am more about how it was said. this is why we have opposing views about this.

and it was eminem that got a record deal from dre........which then tells you that had eminem appeared on that stage as a los angeles rapper with a black skin, he would have won the competition. there were 6 draws between them in the final before eminem lost out to his opponent who had the homefield advantage!

it's not about using big vocabulary otherwise canibus would be high on the list. eminem uses words like its never been used - he bends those words to fit a rhyme pattern. he weaves around metaphors & kills any joint with amazing punchlines.

did you not see jay-z struggling to keep up on renegade? eminem simply showed why he should never be underestimated. he schooled jay-z with flow, delivery & excellent penmanship..........and jigga was the king of NY when this happened. there's a difference between bubblegum rappers & eminem.

hehe!!!

that's exactly what i said earlier.
we look for different things in the art of rap & this is why rap is the essence of living, people get different "highs" from it. if it's about the art of storytelling.......biggie, nas, 2pac are high on the list. eminem can also do it(stan, brain damage, my fault, etc are testimonies) but he doesn't do it as much as the aforementioned rappers.

if it's about the other elements that make a rapper fearsome, eminem is better than all of them put together. eminem shreds his foes. you saw how he singlehandedly destroyed the source magazine - the holy quaran of hip-hop! even rakim said if eminem was a black man, he would be held in the same pedestal as muhammad ali. i think that's the highest form of respect you can give a white boy in the art of lyricism.

maybe that video clip would convince you a bit. eminem is lyrically insane! you don't want a war of words with him.

I think we'll just agree to disagree.

The Game is a dyck rider and he changes his story far more than the weather. He said Easy-E was the greatest. Then he was dyckriding 2pac. Moved from Pac to Snoop. Then left Snoop for Ice Cube and Nas. But now he's all over Biggie's nuts. The guy is bipolar, though I'm a big fan of his first three albums. grin
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:
[s][/s]

Bwahahahaha at the nursery school playground puerile banter! grin

Puerile kid, I don't have time for kiddies game. I was a hip hop head way before ya drunken father peed into ya mum's pum, to sire you. No need to waste lexicon on you - even ya pops wouldn't dare debate me on rap music.

Last reply to you - don't cry, kid. You're henceforth on permanent ignore button.

you said you were ignoring the last time & yet you still replied.
stop reasoning with your anal walls wazzock plonker.

coogar used the puerile word before...so why are you stealing words from him?
that's how idiotic you sounded when you asked me that question....

no need to waste your lexicon on me? hhehehehehehahahahahhaha •falls down from palm tree & dies 10 times•

lexicon ko lexicon ni... You think this is cococandy or one of those dumb jobless b1tches you spend all day chatting with... bloody fool... lexicon haha
go back to your menial job in London & go clean the white man's street ..slave grin

2 Likes

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

I think we'll just agree to disagree.

The Game is a dyck rider and he changes his story far more than the weather. He said Easy-E was the greatest. Then he was dyckriding 2pac. Moved from Pac to Snoop. Then left Snoop for Ice Cube and Nas. But now he's all over Biggie's nuts. The guy is bipolar, though I'm a big fan of his first three albums. grin

the game isn't even dïck-riding eminem here - he's just stating the truth. he said even when he was going at it with fiddy & the entire G-unit crew, he left eminem out of it cos no rapper wants a war of words with eminem. he said he would run for his life if eminem comes at him.

let's even assume the game is cöck-riding, was rakim còck-riding too? how come rakim never compare pac to muhammad ali? rakim kept saying eminem is nasty! eminem is nasty! that's the depth of eminem's lyricism. you have to study it to understand. forget the message, pay attention to the structure & the technique he uses in his lyrics.

darkenedrebel & shymexx - this shouldn't degenerate into a cussfest na. you guys can both agree to disagree - we all cannot have the same favourite, this is why rap is beautiful. some folks actually believe kanye is the best that has ever touched the mic in the rap industry. some believe is mode9, others think it's lil wayne.

make una stop the back & forth before the mods lock the thread biko!
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

darkenedrebel & shymexx - this shouldn't degenerate into a cussfest na. you guys can both agree to disagree - we all cannot have the same favourite, this is why rap is beautiful. some folks actually believe kanye is the best that has ever touched the mic in the rap industry. some believe is mode9, others think it's lil wayne.

I only said Big-L rhymes better Biggie & he started asking for my age & saying I don't know hip-hop.. meanwhile he is the uninformed layman that knows nowt about the Art of rhyming.

or was Biggie a better rhymer than Big-L ? ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
coogar:

the game isn't even dïck-riding eminem here - he's just stating the truth. he said even when he was going at it with fiddy & the entire G-unit crew, he left eminem out of it cos no rapper wants a war of words with eminem. he said he would run for his life if eminem comes at him.

let's even assume the game is cöck-riding, was rakim còck-riding too? how come rakim never compare pac to muhammad ali? rakim kept saying eminem is nasty! eminem is nasty! that's the depth of eminem's lyricism. you have to study it to understand. forget the message, pay attention to the structure & the technique he uses in his lyrics.

The Game is the last person you want to listen to - he's a perpetual dyckrider.

Anyway let me break it down to make it simpler - the nucleus of rap music is about content and storytelling, no?

So, let me ask you: how would rate Em among the greatest when it comes to content and storytelling?

Also, based on technicalities (though secondary in the scheme of things):

- Biggie was the greatest rhymer ever and he also had the greatest flow.

- I'd say when it comes to multisyllabic rhyme patterns and wordplay - Big Pun, MF Doom, Kool G Rap, and Keith Murray trump Em.

- Big L is the greatest punchline rapper ever. Chino XL deserves honourable mention, maybe Canibus.

- Nas owns complex metaphors ("I went to hell for snuffing Jesus" remains the standard).

So, where would you put Eminem since he isn't even the greatest at anything apart from selling more records than everyone?

The infantile kid is on permanent ignore - I can only get brolic with those around my age, or older, not some teenager that got sired after the golden era of rap when both Big and Pac died. I don't have time for kiddies playground nonsense with toyish and illiterate references - too old for that. undecided
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by danbrowndmf(m): 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

Eminent actually raps better than Tu-pac by a very wide margin. that's indisputable.
even Crooked I would rap circles round Pac. & that alone makes him greater.

Pac is just overly respected because he was among the pioneers & due to the circumstances surrounding his death.
he was not that technically sound & his pen game was weak. I don't judge with career span or record sales-just skill✘
2pac story telling ability is one great thing about him...apart from that,lyrically,Em is better....MyOpinion!
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by cococandy(f): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Who be this one again?
Are you a newbie or oldie?

You don't want me to knock your head now.
Keep me out your convo.

darkenedrebel:

you said you were ignoring the last time & yet you still replied.
stop reasoning with your anal walls wazzock plonker.

coogar used the puerile word before...so why are you stealing words from him?
that's how idiotic you sounded when you asked me that question....

no need to waste your lexicon on me? hhehehehehehahahahahhaha •falls down from palm tree & dies 10 times•

lexicon ko lexicon ni... You think this is cococandy or one of those dumb jobless b1tches you spend all day chatting with... bloody fool... lexicon haha
go back to your menial job in London & go clean the white man's street ..slave grin

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by sinizia: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
^^^ gringringrin
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
cococandy:
Who be this one again? Are you a newbie or oldie?
You don't want me to knock your head now. Keep me out your convo.

you want to knock the head of your senior & catch Carpal Tunnel syndrome? ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

- I'd say when it comes to multisyllabic rhyme patterns and wordplay - Big Pun, MF Doom, Kool G Rap, and Keith Murray trump Em.

slowpoke... how can you judge rhymes & multies separately.. do you realise how utterly stewpid you sound?
stop acting like you know- you know nothing about rap & the art of rhyming...

coogar must think you are a fool for opining that Biggie rhymes better than Big-L, ..stop embarrassing yourself further. you should be analyzing Juju music not Hip-Hop ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lol, I almost fell for the multiple handles bait lol. I was debating one handle about something - and the second handle came with another tripe lol. This forum is full of village weirdos.

Don't troll someone who is into networking and computer security that can easily check IP addresses on a forum that isn't water-tight secured as this one.

So, multisyllabic rhyme structure/pattern that is mostly wordplay is the same as traditional rhyming that is mostly about flow, no? These primitive naij villagers and their obtuse definition of everything lol. Just stay on one handle.

I'm done with this - out, weirdo. And keep talking to yourself under two handles lol.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:
Lol, I almost fell for the multiple handles bait lol. I was debating one handle about something - and the second handle came with another tripe lol. This forum is full of village weirdos.

Don't troll someone who is into networking and computer security that can easily check IP addresses on a forum that isn't water-tight secured as this one.

So, multisyllabic rhyme structure/pattern that is mostly wordplay is the same as traditional rhyming that is mostly about flow, no? These primitive naij villagers and their obtuse definition of everything lol. Just stay on one handle.

I'm done with this - out, weirdo. And keep talking to yourself under two handles lol.

hehe.. danbrowndmf & Sinizia.. this tool says you are my ghost accounts..

you aren't making any sense .
you know nothing about rap or rhyming for even saying biggie rhymes better than Big-L. that's preposterous. arguing with you is pointless.

& what's with you always mentioning village naija people? at least I'm not doing menial jobs in another man's country like a slave & struggling to survive. 2nd-class citizen.
such a witless slowpoke ✘
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by JOBERMAN(f): 6:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Here is a place where you can upload your songs for people to download: www.mp3submit.com

Note that getting your songs on the internet is one of the top ways to get you fame as an upcoming artist because getting your song on the Internet will pave a way for a lot of people to download your song.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by sinizia: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

hehe.. danbr.owndmf & Siniz.ia.. this tool says you are my ghost accounts..

LOL. I found it funny too. I wanted to quote him and tell him he's wrong, but i considered it a waste of time.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by danbrowndmf(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

hehe.. danbrowndmf & Sinizia.. this tool says you are my ghost accounts..

you aren't making any sense .
you know nothing about rap or rhyming for even saying biggie rhymes better than Big-L. that's preposterous. arguing with you is pointless.

& what's with you always mentioning village naija people? at least I'm not doing menial jobs in another man's country like a slave & struggling to survive. 2nd-class citizen.
such a witless slowpoke ✘
he's an empty vassel trying to make the largest noise...
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Deadshotz(m): 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hol'up

yall cant start comparing verses of 2000 with the 90's.

As far as am concerned em is the king of complex multisylabic rhymes.

And rhyme ought to go with flow n delivery, ems delivery is fantastic, so is big (the charisma) , nas is just by far the best lyricist in the game, (listen to aint no tellin then come say shit)

if u ought to know pac is a thousand miles better than em when it comes to freestyles, pac is a great cos of his principles, his ideologies, he's good with the raps too, buh come on u cant start comparin 95 records to em's 2000's it dont wrk that way

em is mos def the most technical rapper, who adapts to whatever is trendin in the industry

n mind ya too , there are stuffs like internal rhyming, that helps in keeping the flow goin, n thats where big pun steps in,

if am too take a side. . . Nas is goat..

Mind u am a stan,

but i've listened to eminem extra extensively,,... That am actualli bored of what he brings nowadays

but for nas, i' alwaes look forward to an unheard track

1 Like

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by coogar: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

The Game is the last person you want to listen to - he's a perpetual dyckrider.

so should we conclude rakim is also a dyckrider? grin he compared a white boy to the greatest black man that ever lived - cassius clay!

Anyway let me break it down to make it simpler - the nucleus of rap music is about content and storytelling, no?

the nucleus contains structure, rhyming, freestyling, etc. it has about 21 attributes so you get to choose which one rocks your boat the most!

So, let me ask you: how would rate Em among the greatest when it comes to content and storytelling?

eminem is up there with the legends. stan is one of the greatest stories ever told in a rap album. it has an unusual ending to it. biggie was also a monster in the art of story telling - "i got a story to tell" is one of the best stories in the history of rap.

eminem can tell stories - go & listen to "brain damage" and see how eminem captured high school bullying in 2 verses. these are stuff you never heard pre-eminem. he doesn't do the story-telling tracks frequently like others but whenever he does, he kills it!

Also, based on technicalities (though secondary in the scheme of things):

eminem rhymes better than biggie & rhyming isn't even his greatest strength! eminem has the best flow in the history of rap music. he cannot be touched when he is spazzing out!

none of those can touch eminem. big pun had a world class flow. i would put him in the same echelon as eminem & biggie might sneak in too.

as per rhyming, no one can touch eminem. until you can show me a rapper who rhymed a whole sentence with another whole sentence like eminem did in "stay wide awake", this category solely belongs to eminem.

- Big L is the greatest punchline rapper ever. Chino XL deserves honourable mention, maybe Canibus.

i cannot disagree with this!
canibus & big L are the punchline kings. they were fierce with the punches - eminem ain't a slouch too but i am willing to concede that eminem is a step behind bis/big L.

- Nas owns complex metaphors ("I went to hell for snuffing Jesus" remains the standard).

basically any rapper can come up with an ill metaphor! most of them have the same strength in this category!

So, where would you put Eminem since he isn't even the greatest at anything apart from selling more records than everyone?

eminem tops polysyllabic rhyming & flow. he tied the best of them in story-telling and metaphors. he has one of the sickest wordplays ever & guess what? he can freestyle better than all the names you have mentioned here.

The infantile kid is on permanent ignore - I can only get brolic with those around my age, or older, not some teenager that got sired after the golden era of rap when both Big and Pac died. I don't have time for kiddies playground nonsense with toyish and illiterate references - too old for that. undecided

before eminem came into the scene in the late 90s......biggie & pac were my favourite rappers. since the early 2000s, canibus & eminem took over & i can boldly say they have taken lyricism further than where biggie/pac left it in 96/97 circa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
There's no need to compare 2pac to Em or Em to Big cus they're all unique in their own great ways. Even Jay n Snoop n LL n Nas.
But if I were to compare, Pac sits on the throne. This has nothing to do with his death. Em's complex rhyme style is just him being himself, but doesn't place him above Pac, tho I think Em comes a close 2nd tying with Big, Nas comes just after them.
And no, u don't have to be a battle rapper or a good freestylist to be considered great. As long as u deliver good content, that's it.
But hit-song-wise, Eminem tops the list, not cus he's white, but he's more musically inclined that most rappers, and by that I mean, "music- notes, keys, sounds, piano..u get it." Cus Em has produced records too. So he's intelligent musically, just like Pharell in that regard.
Tupac would rap to hardcore/soul beats, while Em raps to Orchestral strings/pop beats. Both can swap, but that's their respective comfort zones.
For the guy who criciticized Pac's skills, well, what can I say? You don't know more than Em, u definitely don't know more than me, n u haven't heard Pac enuf or u just lack the ability to adequately connect with his music, I understand if he's too much for u to soak in. It happens. That's why he's like the greatest.

2 Likes

Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by AAinEqGuinea: 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:
Cc: coogar

@AAinEqGuinea

Coogz, ya favourite rapper just wrote a letter to the mother of the real GOAT (Nas is also up there).

Willie D of the legendary Geto Boys also talked extensively last week on why no rapper - dead or alive - especially Biggie should never be compared to 2pac. Scarface always have tears in his eyes when talking about 2pac. Treach of Naughty by Nature gets emotional whenever 2pac is mentioned etc.. Hail Mary is arguably that tune that makes every rapper bow down when talking about 2pac. Greatness.

I need to write a letter to Afeni Shakur as well, about how Pac's music saved my life and how his words always give me hope whenever I'm in a dark place. The most inspirational artist ever to all kids from disadvantaged backgrounds - who're the overwhelming majority of folks on this planet. Hip hop's Jesus - we miss you! grin

I grew up listening to just about everything in rap/hip hop and knew back then that Pac was G.o.a.t. I was too young to appreciate the Nas types back then

I like it all (including the west/east beef)..East coast's Raekwon and Wu the west coasts Spice 1 and the Click (E-40), the south's Master P, Pastor Troy, Midwest folks like Tech9 etc etc. plus all other mainstream people. I've slightly outgrown gangsta rap as I heavily seek out homegrown, unsigned talent but I stay bumping the classics, Pac is remains one of them. I can tolerate only a little 'shoot em up' tracks unless the production is really there, you start believing you're a bad man too grin grin

With Pac being gone i have to make room for modern Kendricks, maybe some Wale, but keeping unsigned folks like Immortal Tech, Hopsin, Prince EA and other jewels I discover on shot97.

I dont do new skool like A$AP, Chief Keef, Kevin Gates, Young Thugs, ...fvck outta here
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by AAinEqGuinea: 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
Interesting.. Eminem hated his own mom in the worse way, somehow loves everybody's momma but his own. cool

Eminem was legendary.. but was it for all the right reasons?

Ludacris and Em had beef over this issue. The beef went nowhere and but could have been very ugly. Both Luda and Em were witty rappers, but Luda felt Em was only selling well due largely to the fact that Em was a white rapper who happen to be better than Vanilla Ice (which doesnt say much). Basically Ludacris felt Eminem was crazy, only a better form of Vanilla Ice, and propped up by good marketing
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I grew up listening to just about everything in rap/hip hop and knew back then that Pac was G.o.a.t. I was too young to appreciate the Nas types back then

I like it all (including the west/east beef)..East coast's Raekwon and Wu the west coasts Spice 1 and the Click (E-40), the south's Master P, Pastor Troy, Midwest folks like Tech9 etc etc. plus all other mainstream people. I've slightly outgrown gangsta rap as I heavily seek out homegrown, unsigned talent but I stay bumping the classics, Pac is remains one of them. I can tolerate only a little 'shoot em up' tracks unless the production is really there, you start believing you're a bad man too grin grin

With Pac being gone i have to make room for modern Kendricks, maybe some Wale, but keeping unsigned folks like Immortal Tech, Hopsin, Prince EA and other jewels I discover on shot97.

I dont do new skool like A$AP, Chief Keef, Kevin Gates, Young Thugs, ...fvck outta here

Someone who knows and understand hip hop, unlike these vacuous village mongrels. I guess it has to do with the experience. Mofo writing with the same writing style and IP address, acting like two different people like my cognition reasoning won't discern it. It's just a debate about opinions - you don't always have to win. But this weirdo had to use two handles under one person to debate - hysterical. Almost trolled a real nyggah lol. Anyway, the only way these pus.sies can do that shyte is when they hide their PC as keyboard warriors.

I cosign ya taste in rap, though I do like A$AP's style and that Harlem uniqueness, with the Texas sound - it's fresh. I'm also not into gangstar rap these days...but I do like the sound coming out of the West Coast especially Kendrick, Vince Staples, TY Dolla sign, YG et al

Nas isn't for lousy plonkers - you've to be supremely intelligent and knowledgeable to be able to decipher his lyrics. Nas' lyrics will always fly over a nyggah's head.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by AAinEqGuinea: 1:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

Someone who knows and understand hip hop, unlike these vacuous village mongrels. I guess it has to do with the experience. Mofo writing with the same writing style and IP address, acting like two different people like my cognition reasoning won't discern it. It's just a debate about opinions - you don't always have to win. But this weirdo had to use two handles under one person to debate - hysterical. Almost trolled a real nyggah lol. Anyway, the only way these pus.sies can do that shyte is when they hide their PC as keyboard warriors.

I cosign ya taste in rap, though I do like A$AP's style and that Harlem uniqueness, with the Texas sound - it's fresh. I'm also not into gangstar rap these days...but I do like the sound coming out of the West Coast especially Kendrick, Vince Staples, TY Dolla sign, YG et al

Nas isn't for lousy plonkers - you've to be supremely intelligent and knowledgeable to be able to decipher his lyrics. Nas' lyrics will always fly over a nyggah's head.

Nas and Tupac had depth. These guys were hood scholars to the highest degree, carried an aura of realness with them.

New skool's getting its money and I respect that to a certain level. How far will you go to prove yourself remains the question... as I've been saying for the last week Black people will go too far and new skool hasnt had anyone to coach them for starters to not mess up their own turf and themselves in the process of making money. Social structures are broken and rap music has become a way of antagonizing these problems. It would be analogous to African entertainment industries deciding one day to heavily promote afro-rap that contains elements of tribalism. Many people would still enjoy the music and not want to kill their neighbor at the slightest chance, but many wont let the music simply entertain them and slowly that saturation of tribalistic lyrics chews away into their psyche. This is the reality of modern Rap and has become more about 'shoot em ups', gay rappers, and other social decay and I can find anyone in new skool rap who's remotely creative..

Music has the capability of moving people, influencing our state of mind.... but a lot of us are daft. I remember in the 90's when the Goth movement was growing in the States and artists like Marilyn Manson, Korn, and Limp Bizkit (all derived from Black music but thats another topic) were growing in popularity. The US suddenly was having an increase in school shootings, Columbine High School shooting was the biggest incident. The common denominator of these shooters was that they were isolationists who all carried with them that goth presentation. White people pushed that music genre way underground. You dont hear artists like these in the mainstream anymore. That music was moving those white kids to make pipebombs in their mom's basement and carrying daddy's gun to school. With today's rap they've instead pushed the good messages underground and then unleashed Lil Jon type of music, they pushed that bvllshit out the forefront and it remains there for us. That's part of the reason NY cant crop another Nas or rapper that makes you think.

Because of what I know now, I cant promote or buy into it bruh. Many people can enjoy it guilt-free and that's fine. One cant really complain about the illuminati's role in all this if they're buying into it plus buckdancing to their beats when they drop.
Re: Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur by Shymm3x: 2:41am On Jul 16, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Nas and Tupac had depth. These guys were hood scholars to the highest degree, carried an aura of realness with them.

New skool's getting its money and I respect that to a certain level. How far will you go to prove yourself remains the question... as I've been saying for the last week Black people will go too far and new skool hasnt had anyone to coach them for starters to not mess up their own turf and themselves in the process of making money. Social structures are broken and rap music has become a way of antagonizing these problems. It would be analogous to African entertainment industries deciding one day to heavily promote afro-rap that contains elements of tribalism. Many people would still enjoy the music and not want to kill their neighbor at the slightest chance, but many wont let the music simply entertain them and slowly that saturation of tribalistic lyrics chews away into their psyche. This is the reality of modern Rap and has become more about 'shoot em ups', gay rappers, and other social decay and I can find anyone in new skool rap who's remotely creative..

Music has the capability of moving people, influencing our state of mind.... but a lot of us are daft. I remember in the 90's when the Goth movement was growing in the States and artists like Marilyn Manson, Korn, and Limp Bizkit (all derived from Black music but thats another topic) were growing in popularity. The US suddenly was having an increase in school shootings, Columbine High School shooting was the biggest incident. The common denominator of these shooters was that they were isolationists who all carried with them that goth presentation. White people pushed that music genre way underground. You dont hear artists like these in the mainstream anymore. That music was moving those white kids to make pipebombs in their mom's basement and carrying daddy's gun to school. With today's rap they've instead pushed the good messages underground and then unleashed Lil Jon type of music, they pushed that bvllshit out the forefront and it remains there for us. That's part of the reason NY cant crop another Nas or rapper that makes you think.

Because of what I know now, I cant promote or buy into it bruh. Many people can enjoy it guilt-free and that's fine. One cant really complain about the illuminati's role in all this if they're buying into it plus buckdancing to their beats when they drop.

@bold - right on the money, hence tunes from both artists will always be the soundtrack to my life. And they both have tons of timeless classics in their catalogues. Depth/hood-scholasticism about the black experience is the essence of hip hop and why that genre of music was created in the first place. Biggie with all his super-duper flow and supreme rhymes never had that, apart from maybe "Juicy" - his content was all about chics, lifestyle, party and BS. Ditto Jigga and his Al Pacino rap, apart from "hardknock life" a few other tunes. Ice Cube and Scarface (Maybe Andre 3000) also had depth.

Not all new skool rappers are antagonistic - J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar are keeping the torch alive. And Wale celebrates black women with poetry, albeit not as politically inclined/conscious as the other two. As for Afro-rap, I don't listen to it, so I'm not in a position to talk about the content of their lyrics.

Lol, that has to do with projecting a certain image that will fit the mainstream description of the average black man. The extremely violent crack dealing thug - isn't that the narrative? grin That's why I've never been a fan of trap music - never liked Jeezy and T.I, and still don't like both artists. But I used to listen to a lot The Lox, perhaps due to their supreme lyricism and storytelling about the streets of Yonkers.

Artists like Nas aren't made everyday - they only come once in a lifetime. Heck, his first proper tune at age 17 is still one of the greatest hip hop ever - no one can't touch that. AZ was a dope lyricist as well and he did drop arguably the greatest verse ever in hip hop on Nas' "Life's a B1tch" on the Illmatic album - only God knows what happened to him after The Firm got disbanded. I had high hopes when I first heard Joey Bada$$, but it seems he just fell off the map lyrically. I guess New York needs another era of Five Percent nation and the Poor Righteous Teachers all over the hoods of NY to civilise the savages, for them to get it right again. grin Jay Electronica caught the bug, only God knows what happened to him after dropping Exhibit C.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Song Carry-first Trends On Twitter / Wizkid's Holla At Your Boy Is A Total Rip Off! Listen To The Real Clip Here! / A Nairalander's Top 20 Favourite Enya's Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.