Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business (63446 Views)

Cheap Palm And Groundnut Oil / Hybrid Seedlings Of Cocoa, Oil Palm And Plantain For Sale / 400-500 Kg/h Automatic Cashew Shell And Kernel Separating Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by jnostill: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oga Gomez....pls open your own page , cant u see that u are changing the purpose of this very important page

thanks

DeConsultant:
Discount! Discount!! Discount!!!

*TECH HOME FOUNDATION* is a officially a registered Foundation by CAC under the Incorporated Trustees Class. Courtesy of Gomez Corporate Consult LTD.

Total Fees: N100,000
Duration: 30 days (Inclusive of the mandatory 28 days of public notice)
Promoter: Mr Olufemi

Other Services we offer:
1. Upgrade of Business Name to LTD
2. Limited by Guarantee
3. TCC Application
4. FIRS TIN/VAT Letter with Seal
5. EFCC SCUML
6. BPP Registration
7. Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC)
8. NIPC Registration
9. NSITF Registration
10. ITF Registration
11. PENCOM Registration
12. RECRUITER’S LICENCE Registration
13. NAFDAC Registration
14. Post Incorporation Applications.

Contact GCCL on via Call/WhatsApp on 08107804290/ 08102794272, Email: info@gomezconsult.com or Visit: www.gomezconsult.com now.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by engrofodile: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2020
PKC palm kernel cake available in large quantity in Anambra...@give away price call Sam 08069597430
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by irichy100(m): 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
skyisthelimit:
hello Brianromel...what if I intend to go into d farming aspect..because I understand long term,it is a great option...and yes I can wait..I live and work in lagos but thinking about areas I can get fertile land suitable for its growth and nearness to market..I need all the education I can get cos I have an idea of the many derivatives of palm both within and outside the country.

Hello bro! I know it's been awhile this topic was mentioned, have you started? Cos I know of a firm that can give you a good imported species that develops within 24months.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by irichy100(m): 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
brianromel:

Hi sky

My congrats on choosing to go it the long route, this is usually the most profitable, but as all businesses it comes with its own headache, and error.

For land you can look at area from Ibadan upwards to Benin and Asaba's. But best work with a friend who stays around these areas. Let him lead you to the traditional rulers or elders in his family or family around his that have lands. In terms of pricing this can vary from place to place. Some people say it's better to lease long term then buy. But that should be up to you.

After purchasing, you need to clear the land, buy palm seeds(I hear a brand called Tenera is also the rage now). The government use to have research centres where one can go to buy palm seeds, but I don't know if they are still operational. But you can go to palm plantations for that. Around here there are two, Adda palm and Risin palm.

When planting spacing is important, and spacing for good yield can range from 17ft-30ft, there is a general argument on this but most around here. space each seed at btw 15ft and 20ft.

You need to also take of weeds and rodents, but any zoology student you know can tell you what you need to watch out for(I ain't one).

Each seed takes between 4-5 years before the start producing palm fruits. And depend on the species when mature can yield you up to 30litre of palm oil a year.

Hope this helps sky,

But I will still try and get you more info and specifics on what you need to know to start.

There is a species that matures for harvest within 24months and don't grow too tall. I can supply you if you need them.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Atlanticfire: 3:56am On Jun 17, 2020
brianromel:
A lot been said and done under a palm tree.

Some of us grew up around them without any knowledge of the gold mine we took for granted. You might ask, what gold mine? Oh just a N57 Billion industry that keeps waxing strong year in year out.

A business that produces things like our beloved Gbanga soup, palm oil for our others soups, palm kernel oil for our soaps and creams. And a list of other stuff. From animals feeds, to roofing materials and the latest, brake pads.

Don’t blame yourself, even I didn’t know also.

It took a crazy ass decision on my part and the massive help of an uncle, for me to give up the city life and a job as a sales executive in Standard Alliance in 2008. To head back to the village, just to understand this “Old Men’s Business” as they called it then.

And boy was it an eye opener.

In two months, i made over 3 million naira supplying palm kernel, with an initial start-up capital of N684,000. There I was thinking to myself, no wonder its call “old man’s business”.

Some of you know what I am talking about. You grew up with your grandfather or aunty or uncle, who owned large expanse land with a palm plantation, as far as the eyes could see. But of late, everyone else has moved off to the big city. Once a year you head back home, only to use the trees as shade or a lovers spot.

Dude like seriously, that part of a N57 Billion business you are letting go to waste.

So what should you do?

What if I were to take by hand literally and show you what business you can do with the below mentioned palm products.

Palm oil (Red oil)
Palm kernel oil
From Planting, harvesting, milling and supplying of palm oil, palm kernel palm oil to markets and companies around the country from Lagos to Port harcourt.

I will show you how you can get started in these areas
Palm oil production and supply
Palm Kernel production and supply
Palm kernel oil production and supply
What to do with kernel shells and Chaff.
How you can make money on each
The places to go for the products
Which times of the year is best to do business,
Which companies to supply your product.
Plus where to find an export market for your product.

About now you are wondering.

Why in the hell would he be doing this?

Obviously there is a caught?

My reasons, I have had a lot of calls over the years from people asking me about how I got started where I supplied to where I got my products. In each case I have given them the details without asking for a penny.

This is my way of putting it all out there so people can easily get at the information they need rather than always calling me about it.

Secondly, a lot of other people tend to be cryptic, about giving information about this business. They tend to ask you to pays a sum or the other. Heck, you are eventually going to find out the truths and dark secrets of the trade once you get started, why not get to know about it earlier so one can make an informed decision.

I will be posting a list of business opportunities that palm offers. Check back here Palm Permtations http://the-ahamefulas.com/the-palm-permutation

Are you still in the palm kernel supply business?
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Theophinio(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
Great knowledge have been impacted in me in regards to Oil Palm through this thread
Thanks All
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2021
So glad to hear that this thread helped you
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by maxlev1: 11:17am On Feb 08, 2022
brianromel:
So glad to hear that this thread helped you
Boss longest time. Hope business is progressing steadily for u sir. Pls I need companies to supply my palm kernel nut directly to sir. Pls can u help me with current companies that buy?
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Theophinio(m): 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
maxlev1:

Boss longest time. Hope business is progressing steadily for u sir. Pls I need companies to supply my palm kernel nut directly to sir. Pls can u help me with current companies that buy?

Boss, I haven't started processing

I just bought 5 hectares for cultivation

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by maxlev1: 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
Theophinio:

Boss, I haven't started processing

I just bought 5 hectares for cultivation
Nice one sir.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Theophinio(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2022
maxlev1:

Nice one sir.

Thanks boss �

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Earthstorms(m): 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2022
maxlev1:

Where is the palm kernel nut located?
Is it cracked kernel or uncracked kernel?
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by maxlev1: 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2022
Earthstorms:

Located in Akwa Ibom state. It is cracked palm kernel nut. Do u know a company within southeast or southsouth that I can make supplys to?
Or rather if there is anyone that has good financial capacity and wants to be mobilizing me for to source for him/her then we meet one on one to have an agreement.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by EhiGid(m): 10:20am On Feb 13, 2022
irichy100:

Hello bro! I know it's been awhile this topic was mentioned, have you started? Cos I know of a firm that can give you a good imported species that develops within 24months.

Hi Chief,are the improved imported species still available?
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ucybaby(f): 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
maxlev1:

Located in Akwa Ibom state. It is cracked palm kernel nut. Do u know a company within southeast or southsouth that I can make supplys to?
Or rather if there is anyone that has good financial capacity and wants to be mobilizing me for to source for him/her then we meet one on one to have an agreement.
I am interested. I represent JEI Ventures.
We just started a pkn crushing plant in Calabar-09122303679. We are starting next month with 10 tons. We can get from you if your price is good. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Kunlexben11: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
Pls, how much is a tonne of palm kernel and what is the cost of a tonne of palm kernel oil as well in South West. I will appreciate responses pls
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Parachoko: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2022
shocked
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Molly1989(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2022
Earthstorms:

Rivers state, Akwa-ibom state respectively.
I've cracked and uncraked kernel Nuts.

Interested buyers should send an email to : iamrichmond14@gmail.com

We are looking forward to hear from somebody
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by jendor123: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Please can you give out the company contact for palm kernel and their price? God bless you

brianromel:

Hi Waj

Its good that your interested in Palm Oil business.

Supply is the way to go if you have small capital as you say. I started with palm kernel supply because someone showed me companies to supply in Port harcourt.

My advice to you is before you start find out.

1.What particular area you want to start, Palm Oil or palm Kernel Oil.
2.Find the market for either one of them you choice(Like i said, i first found a market before i bough my first 11 tons of kernel)
3. Once you see a market, find their buying price and the cost for you to source the product and deliver.
4.Plan you delivery logistics(This wounded me initiately because i didn't always calculate the cost of delivery to the market and other logistics. I was seemed to be having constants losses till i learnt cry )
5. Finally buy you first product and supply to your market.(As you can see from the thread so far, a lot of sellers are looking for you already wink ).

ooh almost forgot

6. This should be 5(which ever). This is the most important one, learn to look for the tricks of the trade(Seems almost every business has it).These are the tricks that seller and some companies will use to try and swindle you, or short sell you. they range from
a.False bottoms in oil drum
b.Faulty measuring scales
c.Leaky packing bags
d. Mixing chaff and shells in already sieved kernel just to make it appear there is more kernel
e. Kernel with more water content than oil(This happens particularly during the rainny periods,)
e.Hidden holes in delivery trucks(This ones my all time eye opener shocked when i first started. You load a truck with 12tonnes and they offload 9 and and get only 6 tonnes at they weight your kernel at the company your selling too.{them carry me do shine shine well well} )

The thing about the above is, as a new person to supply "EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN". You learn about them and get better at spotting them as you keep supplying.

Thats if you choose to go into palm kernel supply.

Hope this helps
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by jendor123: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
Arnod007:
Palm kernel oil local extracting machine with dryer and diesel motor for use without light for sale in Ibadan, contact me on 08056352358 or 08167187052

How much?
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by jendor123: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
irichy100:

There is a species that matures for harvest within 24months and don't grow too tall. I can supply you if you need them.

For real? U mean from seed to harvesting
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by giftygirl1(f): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2022
maxlev1:

Do you still supply in tons? I represent a big company, we're starting up in January with a minimum of 100 tons.
WhatsApp 0.8.0.6.2.1.5.1.3.1.4 let's discuss more.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Nigerfine3: 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Very informative article

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers / Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.