Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring (1047 Views)

Couples Living Apart, How Long Do You Stay Without Sex? / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by aventura: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
I was chilling with my homie, this lovely evening when this dude walked in and started gisting boiz on his wedding preparations and arrangement when the question popped up. Is it good for married couple to live in separate rooms?
Hear his reply: "Yes. (I felt bad because it goes against my perception of marriage, then he. continued). " I believe a man should have a sanctuary-like abode where he can go for relaxing and reasoning because women are always in the habit of gisting both relevant and irrelevant things"

At this moment the feeling was indifferent and I decide I'd come and get the views of the nairaland community.

So what's your take peeps.
Re: Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by Suspect33(m): 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wrong
Re: Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by Luvties(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
It will create room for infidelity.
Re: Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by DuchessLily(f): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wrong!

When they are married... The two have become one.

2 Likes

Re: Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by refreshrate: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
Picture this you're married but in separate rooms. Eventually one person creeps into the others room for some hmm. Anyway wife gets preggers she's with the baby after delivery naturally of course.

Then the second child.

Maybe more or not.

Then the woman and the kids naturally form a bond. You're left to your sanctuary. Those kids grow old you're retired after paying school fees and all and they need to celebrate mummy birthday, she gets a G wagon as a birthday present.

On your birthday a text at 12.01 to say "Happy birthday to the best dad in the world"

Are you getting the picture or you need further clarification ?

4 Likes

Re: Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by MARKone(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
aventura:
I was chilling with my homie, this lovely evening when this dude walked in and started gisting boiz on his wedding preparations and arrangement when the question popped up. Is it good for married couple to live in separate rooms?
Hear his reply: "Yes. (I felt bad because it goes against my perception of marriage, then he. continued). " I believe a man should have a sanctuary-like abode where he can go for relaxing and reasoning because women are always in the habit of gisting both relevant and irrelevant things"

At this moment the feeling was indifferent and I decide I'd come and get the views of the nairaland community.

So what's your take peeps.

Op the truth is this, there is no textbook approach to make ones marriage work, what worked for me, might not work for you, same applies to every facet of our life or psyche. Some people at a point in time, I have seen couples who sleeps in separate rooms, and yet their marriage blossomed, and couples who share the same room yet do not live in peace, it does not follow like that, and may not be the panacea to the underlining problem, if any; Understanding and respect of one's feeling to me is the key. I like sleeping alone.

refreshrate:
Picture this you're married but in separate rooms. Eventually one person creeps into the others room for some hmm. Anyway wife gets preggers she's with the baby after delivery naturally of course.

Then the second child.

Maybe more or not.

Then the woman and the kids naturally form a bond. You're left to your sanctuary. Those kids grow old you're retired after paying school fees and all and they need to celebrate mummy birthday, she gets a G wagon as a birthday present.

On your birthday a text at 12.01 to say "Happy birthday to the best dad in the world"

Are you getting the picture or you need further clarification ?

I think your analogy is a bit skewed. A father can still bond very well with his children even if the children sleep with their mother. What Op is asking is even circumstantial, what if situation prevents you from making that choice, you live in a one room or two rooms apartment, with kids and maybe house help, you will have no choice but to stay in the same room, even if you don't want to. What may save some marriages, would be if one jejely carry his or her stuffs into another room.
Re: Couples Living In Same Room Right Or Wring by orogodoganyin(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
b4 marriage, it's 'wring'.

(1) (Reply)

I’m A Virgin; Mother,daughter Want Me In Bed / Bid Farewell To Your Loved Ones You Lost In The Year 2015 / My Mom Doesn't Know Why I Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.