Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P (22054 Views)

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari / Nigeria Has No Other Option But To Borrow, Says Adeosun / US To Press Nigeria To Devalue Naira - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by RichDad1(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
Not again.
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by INTROVERT(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
Blame GEJ right?
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by daviesdavy: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
This could only happen when all things went awry! In Nigeria my hope!!!
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by klens(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
klens:
This is really affecting online importers. Imagine buying goods worth 10000$
Things are more expensive now than before
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=Aitee1 post=35939027] angry angry angry[/quote) Talk
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
empireSOMH:
BABA ONE CHANCE WHERE IS THE ONE NAIRA TO ONE DOLLAR AS PROMISED.

BABA ONE CHANCE! BUHARI GIVES US #1 TO $1 AS PROMISED

PDP man ,where is the transformation that you said happened?

Stop pretending....you PDPers are the reason why we are here.

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by ucheokpara100(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
another devaluation or the first one? i wnt to know if this news is new? if it's new then i 'll advice evry nigerian to use their last kobo and seek for visa to other countries cos their's no hope again for nigeria. TRUTH!
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Kayendy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
All tins being equal.... na only d poor pple go suffer am cos any small tin, producers and importers will just inflate d price of deir goods...
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by MrCEO69(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mostly affected pple are does abroad nd depend on those at home, like me.. *student* i pay my sch fee in dollar. And it keep rising everyday, lord v mercy.
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by sanmibukunmi: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
ChinoJeff:
Q1... Can this be the changes we have been expecting?

Q2... Does it mean that the APC were juz clamouring change as a their slogan witout proper plans to effect it?

Q3... Can Nigeria maintain her integrity as Africa's no.1 economy under this regime?

God help Nigeria as I dont kno who to call clueless president now between Buhari and Goodluck.
Its funny how fast we are to commend Gej for the recent improvement in the power sector but are blinded to the fact that it is his same policies that brought our economy to an economy on its knees....

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by PassingShot(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
babajero:
With buhari as president Nigeria will soon go back to trade and barter, stone age things
ChinoJeff:
Q2... Does it mean that the APC were juz clamouring change as a their slogan witout proper plans to effect it?
Q3... Can Nigeria maintain her integrity as Africa's no.1 economy under this regime?
God help Nigeria as I dont kno who to call clueless president now between Buhari and Goodluck.

If after reading the article this is what the white matter in your head could still produce, it's save to say you lack comprehension ability.

All we're seeing now is the result of PDP/GEJ failure to diversify the economy in sixteen years.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by baralatie(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
Right now,even if okonjo is not appointed at least she can be consulted.if it goes to the wire well recall the prof of economics at oau!
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by babajero(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
Taylor86:

wen i talk say sugar still dey some nigerians 4 brain una go say na lie

my brother God bless u

go open ministry

u see and envisage beyond T.B Joshua
I don't know if I should take it as a complement or the other way round, but believe me buhari is just like a statue painted with beautiful colours but does nothing.

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by blackborn7(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
ChinoJeff:

Be patient oo..buhari will give you the expected result but you just have to give him some time. uncle jona still remain the useless and the clueless one now and in the end of time.
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by StOla: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
INTROVERT:
Blame GEJ right?

Yes.

Even the report puts the blame on his administration.

We are still dealing with the disaster called GEJ.

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
babajero:
I don't know if I should take it as a complement or the other way round, but believe me buhari is just like a statue painted with beautiful colours but does nothing.

complement bro

e dey easy say sugar dey person brain
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by blazer90707: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
LhoLar01:
When will #1 equal $1?
In the next lifetime

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Donalleh(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
hmmmm
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by olaboy33(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
and some mumu tanoids will still blame this on PMB instead on the falling oil prices as rightly stated
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by babajero(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
PassingShot:

If after reading the article this is what the white matter in your head could still produce, it's save to say you lack comprehension ability.

All we're seeing now is the result of PDP/GEJ failure to diversify the economy in sixteen years.
the failure I see is not economy but rather nigeria and it's illiterate population that is all.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by omooba969(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Taylor86:
buhari is a failure

wish i can retrieve my votes and dat of my siblings casted for this recycled dude

sweet jesus

U av no clue abt wot d world economy entails in relation to 9ja's economy.

Seek knowledge! cool

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by kennyman2000(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
HMmmmm...
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Stycon(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
I still dnt gerrit!

Okay, let's assume we dance to the song you guys(primarily the come and chop guyz~investors) are singing; to what extent are we gonna go with the devaluation? and in whose interest is the devaluation? How long will the party last till you guys call for another round?

Let's do the cost-benefit analysis of this!

Can you imagine what devaluation of naira will do to the cost of importing finish petroleum product and it's spiral effect on the economy? NB: inflation is now around 9.2%!

Mind you, Emefiele has team of brilliant economists around him too!
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
datguru:
In the next two years dollar would get to 350 NGN

Two years or before December this year
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by olamonsor2: 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
The best option is to sack CBN governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by niceguy7(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
With the way dollar is gaining over our own naira...
I tink is high time we start patronizing our own made in nigeria products!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Rexnegro(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
Taylor86:
buhari is a failure

wish i can retrieve my votes and dat of my siblings casted for this recycled dude

sweet jesus
The other thread about abiano and niger 2nd bridge one guy said that's gej legacy , that same guy shouldn't forget that the uselessness of naira now to a dollar is also gej legacy, gej met dollar at 119 and left it at over 200 which still rising now..shame on gej and all his supporters....as for u and ur siblings votes I wish u can take them, even at that buhari still beat that clueless man called gej....bro my candid advice for u is to be patient with dis govt wich is barely 2months old so why all the rush....buhari/osinbanjo are politicians and not magicians, but am sure they will do better to gej/sambo govt. Its stepbystep so Take a chill pill bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by omooba969(m): 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jkyoung:
This is what I call..... #1 to $1......APC how market
Buhari scamming South West and northerners since 1914

Is PMB d one setting d exchange rate or dnt u knw dat dis is d ripple effect of GEJ govt's mismanagement?

Guy, we dnt need to knw dat u r an ediott cos itz of no relevance. I will advise u to stop watering ur stupidity, starve it & let it die so u can av space in head for common sense. cool

4 Likes

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by baralatie(m): 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
niceguy7:
With the way dollar is gaining over our own naira...
I tink is high time we start patronizing our own made in nigeria products!
That is the game plan!

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by niceguy7(m): 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
baralatie:

That is the game plan!
Good then....

1 Like

Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by amakabaybee(f): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Taylor86:
buhari is a failure

sweet jesus

grin grin grin
Re: CBN Has No Option But To Devalue The Naira – S&P by Xyg12: 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
US will sure use Buhari and Togo will be come more influential.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speech Governor Ortom Delivered To President Buhari At His Visit To Benue / Lagos APC Takes Campaign For Sanwo-Olu To Riverine Areas (Video, Pictures) / Teju Babyface Tribute To Tunji Okusanya Of MIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.