Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks (32181 Views)

Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / YABATECH 2016/2017 Departmental Cutoff Marks And Jamb Cut Off Marks / JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 16, 2015
they should just shut up
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by tommykiwi(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2015
DATASALES9:
call me for data share on 07037043911 5GB #1500 only
for real or U dey among the hungry scammers.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by umarwada(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2015
Getting admission into nigerian universities is like nigerian army in sambisa
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by drey076(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2015
So people wey score 180 go dey feel like boss... Naija which way?? So people wey score 180 go dey feel like boss... Naija which way??
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by trailblaiza(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2015
nawab
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Bants(m): 8:55am On Jul 16, 2015
Personally i think its a good idea there will be a spread of students across university in 9ja and this will also help some university improve their infrastructure i support this idea

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by strawberryinc(m): 8:57am On Jul 16, 2015
How many times will JAMB tell us their minimum uni entry requirement is 180 pass mark
nonsense.
Serious minded students target 280 and above.
Carry ur 180 come OAU
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Judolisco(m): 8:57am On Jul 16, 2015
They ave 2 consider so many things lyk d post utme.....most of them entered school with 180 oh...bck then I dnt think there used to be post-utme even if you get 260 some uni wnt still give u admission

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by trailblaiza(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2015
Bants:
Personally i think its a good idea there will be a spread of students across university in 9ja and this will also help some university improve their infrastructure i support this idea
how come i have a feeling your jamb score is 183? undecided what an unintelligent contribution angry!
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by adedayourt(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2015
holyboss:
iranu.

Jamb should b scraped.

Before any eediot quote me, I passed my Jamb at first trial.. but the poo is scam. Developed countries don't even do entrance exam.

thank God u said developed countries, dats y nigeria is called a developin country

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by hassymo5(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2015
JAMB JAMB JAMB.....why do Nigerians think is jamb that make one brilliant...
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Ibsgal(f): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2015
Tertiary institutions should implement a better way to access a student’s eligibility rather than solely basing it on an entity as mundane as exam scores. The measure of intelligence should not be grounded in how much one knows, but the summation of one’s creativity, personality, imagination, service, and knowledge. Standardized exams such as JAMB only quantify a small portion of what makes education meaningful, they lump applicants together as if they are all the same, at the same learning level, come from the same background, live similar lifestyles, and face similar adversities. Yes, exams scores can showcase brainpower and academic capability, but they’re very unreliable methods of evaluation. Schools fail to consider that an individual is a sum of his/her intelligence, traits, personality and background. Tests are very limited as to what they can evaluate. Math; definitely, reading; yes, science; yes, writing; maybe, creativity; absolutely not, the whole person; not at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by donholy28(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2015
Even if dem reduce it to 120 who no go pass no go pass...Education system don f*ck up...but all these people claiming... if dem give dem jamb questions now...I bet say dem no reach 120 sef...

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Tosinstevens(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2015
aminho:
Chai nigerians most of them passed with 180 and are now claiming holy
grin
aminho:
Chai nigerians most of them passed with 180 and are now claiming holy
Dont mind them awon oloshi

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by frankmoney(m): 9:09am On Jul 16, 2015
jamb said minimum cut off not maximum .. dt means universities can set higher but not below 180 ...simple english

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by gbrown(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2015
Seuncoded:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, on Tuesday in Abuja announced that it has pegged the minimum entry requirement into Nigerian universities for the 2015/16 academic year at 180 marks.

The body, however, said polytechnics and colleges of education, including innovative enterprise institutions awarding National Diploma are to admit undergraduate students with a minimum of 150 marks.

The decisions were taken during the 6th combined policy meeting of stakeholders of institutions awarding degrees and certificates.

There were many reactions to the new development on Twitter, and unsurprisingly, every single one showed JAMB's new move was not encouraging.

All the comments resonated one thing; our educational system is in for a further decline.

But the Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of JAMB, Prof. ‘Dibu Ojerinde is having none of that.

He has cautioned tertiary institutions against flouting the admission process, saying that with effect from the current academic session, the board would sanction defaulters who defy the regulation for admissions.

Here are some of the reactions:

http://pulse.ng/student/joint-admissions-matriculation-board-twitter-reacts-to-new-jamb-cutoff-marks-id3974606.html
180 NI! 150 KO! JAMB DON JAM, THE STANDARD OF EDUCATION HAS REALLY SLUMPED, WAY BACK IN THE EIGHTIES I SCORED 205 TO READ LAW, NAH SO I DEY BEG EVERYBODY FOR ADMISSION, CUT OFF MARK WAS 260, THIS IS DISGRACEFUL, JOBLESS JAMB IS ON A JAMBOREE ADMISSION.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by hustler86(m): 9:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Like say all those shouting on top twitter get pass 300 whn dem write their Jamb... undecided
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by hustler86(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2015
gbrown:

180 NI! 150 KO! JAMB DON JAM, THE STANDARD OF EDUCATION HAS REALLY SLUMPED, WAY BACK IN THE EIGHTIES I SCORED 205 TO READ LAW, NAH SO I DEY BEG EVERYBODY FOR ADMISSION, CUT OFF MARK WAS 260, THIS IS DISGRACEFUL, JOBLESS JAMB IS ON A JAMBOREE ADMISSION.

I feel ur pain bro, buh u won't b d 1st n d lats person, shotigbo, ur 260 no be miracle centre? Jst askin tho grin
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by hustler86(m): 9:26am On Jul 16, 2015
frankmoney:
jamb said minimum cut off not maximum ..
dt means universities can set higher but not below 180 ...simple english

See better brain smiley , wa gbayi padi mi.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by AspDrone(m): 9:31am On Jul 16, 2015
holyboss:
iranu.

Jamb should b scraped.

Before any eediot quote me, I passed my Jamb at first trial.. but the poo is scam. Developed countries don't even do entrance exam.

Have quoted you mumu...
No Country has achieved development..
Prove me wrong and define Developed?
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by AspDrone(m): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2015
Adebayocollins6:
Clean bold 5 for just 5,000 naira. Seller contact 08114067791

Packaging... Na today#
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Teedeechian(m): 9:34am On Jul 16, 2015
Seuncoded:

They don't have choice
THAT SCORE IS THE MINIMUM SCORE ANY UNI CAN TAKE,THE UNI CAN DECIDE TO INCREASE THE SCORE BUT CANT REDUCE IT,DO U NOW GET IT.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2015
I don't mean any offence but this woulD favour "mostly" the north. "Most" students in other parts of the Country usually try very. Hard to score "250" as almost all science student wanna study Mbbs or Engineering...God help Nigeria
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2015
Way back, i fink four years ago, 234 couldn't even secure me an admission in ABU Zaria . just cant figure ..this is moral and intellectual dilapidation.
Jamb should be scrapped and schools should be allowed the autonomy to organize their own entrance exams .
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by CaptPlanet(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2015
Are u guys kidding? I had 232 and bought a supplementary form.

Why won't politicians loot money and send their kids to the best schools in the world?

Common sense is on the decline in our society.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by CaptPlanet(m): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2015
Are u guys kidding? I had 232 and bought a supplementary form.

Why won't politicians loot money and send their kids to the best schools in the world?

Common sense is on the decline in the world
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2015
Hmmn.. Everything about d educational system in Nigeria is upside down..

Listen to dis freestyle by me..

http://my.notjustok.com/track/24670/
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2015
Adebayocollins6:
Clean bold 5 for just 5,000 naira. Seller contact 08114067791

Is the phone working fully well?.. Battery & all cos am interested in buying.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2015
Uyi168:
must nigerians react to everything on twitter....funi enough not all uni will adopt jamb's cut-off mark...

All universities will adhere to jambs cut off marks. Then only thing is that for certain special courses like pharmacy, law n engineering will have different cut off marks.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Bollove: 9:46am On Jul 16, 2015
HND holders are not seeing their cut off at 150 compared to Degree at 180

Later on they are gonna spam Nairaland with Why the disparity between HND and Degree grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by IamAyokunle: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2015
Pls, i cldnt like / quote a comment on my 1st Nairaland account since yesterday...
Abeg, what cld be the problem.
Any1 shld Pls reply asap .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasarawa State University Final Year Student Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident / 10 Mistakes That Can Cost You First Class Degree / Female Student Caught After Carrying 'Expo' In This Manner For Exam. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.