Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks (32176 Views)

Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / YABATECH 2016/2017 Departmental Cutoff Marks And Jamb Cut Off Marks / JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Magicc: 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
That is not true. In China you take qualifying examinations. In the UK, you need to get very good A-Level results to get into the best Uni. You also need to sit an interview. In the US, you know about SAT, don't you?

Which developed country where you referring to? Liberia?!

holyboss:
iranu.

Jamb should b scraped.

Before any eediot quote me, I passed my Jamb at first trial.. but the poo is scam. Developed countries don't even do entrance exam.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by youngmilla10(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
Admission strategy should be re-looked to make sure those that made a reputable mark got admission all......instead of lowering the cut-off, because at long last many with good jamb score won't secure the admission.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Honestly, I think Jamb should be scrapped.
At the end of it all, post UTME is the main exam you'll have to write and pass.

Jamb is no big deal

When you write jamb, the possibility of getting admission to any varsity is at 0%.
When you write post UTME and pass, the possibility of getting admission to that varsity is at 50%.

So Jamb can reduce it to 100 if it pleases them.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by ovikky(f): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
Places lik UNN, UNIZIK n ESUT ll nt evn allow u 2 write PostUME talk more of granting u admission wit 180
Bekwarra:
Introvert Ntor. I can still sell this land to you for a deep kiss. But I don't kiss without getting a handful of bosoms to squeeze, who eats fufu without soup?

Moral of the story: just purchase the land anyway you can and come back to develop it later.

Back to the Topic
This JAMB abi what is their name can be ridiculous at times. Why are we always going for lower and lower standards every time? Is anything wrong in us raising the bar? And to think with 245 in UME and 272 in Post-UME I was denied admission to study OAU in 2008 leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Everything that happens to human is God. God simply showed me, why go for the second best when you can actually have the best. Now a UI graduate by God's grace.
UI, OAU, UNILAG I know will never go for anything less than 200. 200 doesn't even guarantee you admission in these schools. The FG should simply make 180, 150 or even 120 the cut-off mark for northern students and for northern universities only. Please help us raise the bar in the South. If you wake me up without prior information and ask me to sit for UTME, I'll surely score more than 180. Mtcheew, no wonder I came across corpers who couldn't write or speak correct English language. So annoying. Imagine a fellow corper in my PPA teaching commerce writing "commacial bank" as a type of bank. Education is a joke in this country.
Bekwarra:
Introvert Ntor. I can still sell this land to you for a deep kiss. But I don't kiss without getting a handful of bosoms to squeeze, who eats fufu without soup?

Moral of the story: just purchase the land anyway you can and come back to develop it later.

Back to the Topic
This JAMB abi what is their name can be ridiculous at times. Why are we always going for lower and lower standards every time? Is anything wrong in us raising the bar? And to think with 245 in UME and 272 in Post-UME I was denied admission to study OAU in 2008 leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Everything that happens to human is God. God simply showed me, why go for the second best when you can actually have the best. Now a UI graduate by God's grace.
UI, OAU, UNILAG I know will never go for anything less than 200. 200 doesn't even guarantee you admission in these schools. The FG should simply make 180, 150 or even 120 the cut-off mark for northern students and for northern universities only. Please help us raise the bar in the South. If you wake me up without prior information and ask me to sit for UTME, I'll surely score more than 180. Mtcheew, no wonder I came across corpers who couldn't write or speak correct English language. So annoying. Imagine a fellow corper in my PPA teaching commerce writing "commacial bank" as a type of bank. Education is a joke in this country.
Bekwarra:

Back to the Topic
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
Magicc:
That is not true. In China you take qualifying examinations. In the UK, you need to get very good A-Level results to get into the best Uni. You also need to sit an interview. In the US, you know about SAT, don't you?

That's why we have WAEC
West African Examinations council.

And NECO and GCE and all that.

In all secondary schools, it is adviced to do two. WAEC and NECO or WAEC and GCE. Etc
And students do.

plus IJMB is an equivalent of A-levels

So what's your point?
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by ovikky(f): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
May God grant u ur hrt desire
Joskiro50:
Anyhow wey dem put am, my admission must come this year. I no go ever rewrite any exam.
Click like if you get the same belief.

#BABAGODNAYOURHANDIDEYOOO
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by tunexkiboy: 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
What's 9ja turning into sef ehnnnnn

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by tranxo(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Sorry for writing in igbo language, try google for google translator it may be of help.
SMH
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
tranxo:
SMH
keep on shaking the head until you learn how to mind your business
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Bonjelomo: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
Low cut-offs, more victims to buy post-utme form...

however, top choice courses still remain reserved for lecturers' kids

go to ife, unilag, virtually everybody in medicine, pharmacy and law are related to at least one lecturer

post-utme cut offs are so so high that only very few, may be 5 pupils are admitted on merit.....the rest 150 plus are relatives of lecturers
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by infogenius(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
GodMode:

It is not fair... Cos it will lead to a lot of quacks in the system..
School does not determine the progress a person makes in life..

Intelligence, relationships and education is what determines progress..

Says who? Do u think is all of them will struggle academically in higher institutions?
Anyone that cannot cope will be withdrawn.

Even when cut off marks was 250, d system still produced quacks so what are ubtalking about?

First class graduates still struggle in their place of work.

I realise that many candidates that write JAMB these days are kids and will grow up in the higher school of learner y use one exam to frustrate them in life and allow them to write 2 or more times
Has that eventually produced intelligent people?

If u had stayed at home writing JAMB three times or more u may not make a post like this.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Calbarian(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Bekwarra:

Back to the Topic

Of the greatest katangites and also from the historic baluba kingdom!
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Bekwarra(m): 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
Calbarian:

Of the greatest katangites and also from the historic baluba kingdom!
A Baluba lion roars his greetings from here. #Zikite
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Stupid people, when govt was giving third class education to student nko? Do you expect magic.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Alao96(m): 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
I see nothing bad in d cut off.....at least student who are struggling academically have a hope
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
holyboss:
iranu.

Jamb should b scraped.

Before any eediot quote me, I passed my Jamb at first trial.. but the poo is scam. Developed countries don't even do entrance exam.
In the US, we have the SAT exams, which are entrance exams into tertiary institutions.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by lebete3000: 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
holyboss:
iranu.

Jamb should b scraped.

Maybe we should even scrap Naija sef
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by butanep(m): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
IamAyokunle:

Creamycute, you can also come in pls...
do you need help?
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by butanep(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
bishopstan:
for those looking to gain admission in FUTO,NEKEDE,UMUAGWO AND IMSU..

Part of the bad eggs in the society. You better go and look for a better job.

CONTACT ME:08165047160

NB:if you did not get admitted I will refund you....
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by IamAyokunle: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
butanep:
do you need help?
yes I do o o. But why u run away yesterday after seeing the truth na?
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Emmayur(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
Most people talking and commenting did not write JAMB this year, UTME is harder than what it use to be and that's true. I know this from a couple of people who wrote UTME this year. Another thing is that since the exam is now computer based, there are lesser cases of Malpractices like we had in our time that was why we had to score over 250 to get admission to the University. UTME knows what they are doing.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Emmayur(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
Magicc:

Don't mind the guy... He thinks the UME he wrote in his time where you can smuggke foreign materials into the exam hall is like what they write now.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by McPower(m): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
This is rather unfortunate
I can remember going to primary school in the 80s,the height,the size,the age,the mix feeling,trying to meet up with the excitement and sadness that goes with school;when secondary school time came by,the bar was raised,aspirations were clear,competition was stiffer,the need to learn was massive as well as the need to stay totally distracted was immense.admission? That was tough.tough to the point that it never came,and I mean never came;not becos u weren't getting good score,but u wouldn't just score beyond the cut of mark or favoured as a less developed educational state....
Now,no real intent is seen in school
I teach and so I see where this has led us to...the system is so is not the issue but the people.the people to whom bulk of the responsibility lies on to amount to somefin meaningful are so weak
It is easy to point accusing fingers to the system.what about the students who would rather spend 18hrs daily on social media than the real deal...
Its appauling.
Let's just sensitize every1 around us to see the need to sit up and live for the only best,it will help humanity and not the system
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by butanep(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
IamAyokunle:

yes I do o o. But why u run away yesterday after seeing the truth na?
let the sleeping dogs lie...

My yesterday is gone...
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Magicc:

Truth.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Magicc:

That is not necessarily true for some countries like Belgium and Scotland however they may require a standardised exams for professional courses like medicine and law.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by IamAyokunle: 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
butanep:
let the sleeping dogs lie...
My yesterday is gone...
hmmnn. Oya , Butanep a Uniben geologist, help me
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by butanep(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
IamAyokunle:

hmmnn.
Oya , Butanep a Uniben geologist, help me
just try logging out for a while, then login to see the result.

From what you said, am not sure you were banned. you can also try to quote any of the moderator if they can simply help you.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by obasanjo94(m): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
angryDullards be forming posh on Twitter since 1805
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by IamAyokunle: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
butanep:
just try logging out for a while, then login to see the result.

From what you said, am not sure you were banned. you can also try to quote any of the moderator if they can simply help you.
ok, thank you Sir!
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by butanep(m): 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
IamAyokunle:

ok, thank you Sir!
You are highly welcome

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by ayokunlei(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
butanep : thanks o, ur magic don work just now now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 / Nasarawa State University Final Year Student Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident / 10 Mistakes That Can Cost You First Class Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.