Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone (4401 Views)

Samsung S7 Edge Battery Is Very Horrible / 2016 In Mobile : Top 4 Smartphones And Events To Watch Out For / Which Is More Important, The RAM Or The Processor In Mobile Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by eddyland: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
The reasons self still beacoup why many folks detest such phones. I just saw more reasons here to hate such
http://highteknology..com/2015/03/5-reasons-why-most-people-distaste.html
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Youngpo413: 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
UchihaItachi:
The only downside of phones with built in battery is that you can't have spare battery
which is very bad,I will be the last person to such phones no matter how tempting the specs are...same with non expandable storage.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Elxandre(m): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
which is very bad,I will be the last person to such phones no matter how tempting the specs are...same with non expandable storage.
You will never use a high end phone then.
Is 64 GB internal memory not enough?
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Youngpo413: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2015
Elxandre:

You will never use a high end phone then.
Is 64 GB internal memory not enough?
phones without external memory just dey do me somehow
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Bratking(m): 8:45am On Jul 17, 2015
Going through this thread, I had to shake my head several times at some of the ignominious comments littering the previous page. Yuck!

The S6 has a staggering QHD screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 and 577PPI (an overkill since a standard FHD is more than adequate for a 5.1 inch screen) It goes without saying that a QHD display with high pixel density on a 5.1 inch screen is gonna do quite a number on the battery, the life span will invariably shorten, especially when the battery doesn't have enough juice (2500mAh) to weather the storm. It gets even worse when the battery is non-removable and lithiuim.

I guess Sammy really needed the bragging rights that comes with having a super slim flagship pretty badly, hmm.

1 Like

Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
This trashy development spoilt my infinix zero. Phone just kept rebooting itself for several hours. If its rem0vabl3 battery, pers0n go just rem0v3 ba3 and re-insert it and ph0n3 go b00t n0rmal. Seems alm0st every ph0n3 are n0w g0ing with built in trash. Umi ir0n, eleph0ne p8000 and many cool new ph0nes are n0n rem0veable ba3. . . Suckx

The reason manufacturers make batteries non-removable is because they intend for you not to remove your batteries. It is common for phone users to take out their phone batteries whenever the phone has a problem, but phone manufacturers never recommended that as a solution. Removing your batteries as you wish only succeeds in corrupting the internal hardware of your phone.

Phones with non-removable batteries require power packs to keep them charged, if you cannot find a socket nearby, that is. And it's not a bad idea. Removing your low battery and replacing it with a charged one isn't advisable.

Non-removable batteries prevent dust from getting into the internal parts of your phone since you cannot open the phone to access it. And they have a longer lifetime than removable batteries.

The non-removable battery is actually a brilliant development. The only reason you are experiencing problems with your phone might be because you bought a defected phone. And there is also the issue of the brand; Infinix. Cheap phones aren't always durable. Because they are cheap, their features, specifications, and the parts used in building them will also come cheap. If you aren't willing to spend more on a phone, then you should be ready to face problems with it.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 10:32am On Jul 17, 2015
Youngpo413:

No it is not. Read my post above.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Bratking(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:

The reason manufacturers make batteries non-removable is because they intend for you not to remove your batteries. It is common for phone users to take out their phone batteries whenever the phone has a problem, but phone manufacturers never recommended that as a solution. Removing your batteries as you wish only succeeds in corrupting the internal hardware of your phone.
Actually, that is not true. It's a known fact that Slim phones of metal premium body and glass finish are the current rave of the moment. But for a phone to achieve that particularly physical quality, certain sacrifices and cuts has to be made real estate wise. It requires molding the frame as one slim piece, instead of the normal 2, shrinking the battery size and sealing it up permanently. It's not deliberate, rather, a necessity.

Removing the battery from a phone any time you like has no effect on the hardware whatsoever, for the simple fact that the hardware and the battery compartment are separated by a tough plastic or alloy or both, depending on the OEM. Also there is something known as 'hard reset' that would require the user to remove the battery in order to correct or rectify some technical issues from software or hardware.

I don't know where you got such ideas, but i'll have you know right now, that you were dead wrong.

Craven:

Phones with non-removable batteries require power packs to keep them charged. And it's not a bad idea. Removing your low battery and replacing it with a charged one isn't advisable.
What?? Did you actually typed this crap?? What the hell?? Wow, swapping your low battery for a new one kills the hardware?? So tell me the difference of that and charging it straight from the port, or will doing that kill the hardware as well?? You seem to have forgotten that at some point in time, that people with non-replaceable battery devices will have their old battery swapped for a new one by a 3rd party. it's inevitable.

Craven:

Non-removable batteries prevent dust from getting into the internal parts of your phone since you cannot open the phone to access it. And they have a longer lifetime than removable batteries.
Another invalid postulation. My S5 is dust and water resistant certified and it has a removable battery. Listen, bro, any phone that wasn't fully fortified against water and tiny dust particles, will be susceptible to both. It doesn't have anything to do with having a phone with removable or non-removable battery. In fact, in retrospect, a phone with a removable battery has a slight advantage, because the user can easily gain access to the inside without having to worry about damaging the hardware, then he/she can proceed to wipe all the dust away. Not so much with the non-removable phone cuz of it's inflexible nature.

Craven:

The non-removable battery is actually a brilliant development. The only reason you are experiencing problems with your phone might be because you bought a defected phone. And there is also the issue of the brand; Infinix. Cheap phones aren't always durable. Because they are cheap, their features, specifications, and the parts used in building them will also come cheap. If you aren't willing to spend more on a phone, then you should be ready to face problems with it.
No, it isn't. Non-removable battery on phones nowadays is a sellout. Android phones are abandoning the android way for Apple's, just to stay competitive. Else, why would Samsung launch a phone so slim that it's commonly dubbed in some circles as 'Samsung iPhone' (S6). There is a saying that goes thus: If something ain't broken then don't fix it'.

Conclusion: If care is not taken, android platform OEM gradual adoption of non-removable battery policy could ultimately prove to be their respective downfall, cuz frankly speaking, Apple's iPhone has had quite a head start on them at this particular department, and we all know it's rare to beat a pro as his own game.

2 Likes

Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
Bratking.

I do not type 'crap'. I stopped reading your reply when I saw that word. I have no respect for people who feel the need to put down someone else's opinion just to make theirs feel superior. And I do not engage in arguments with arrogant people.

What I have written is something I came across by reading. And I am not moving away from it.

1 Like

Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Bratking(m): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:
Bratking.

I do not type 'crap'. I stopped reading your reply when I saw that word. I have no respect for people who feel the need to put down someone else's opinion just to make theirs feel superior. And I do not engage in arguments with arrogant people.

What I have written is something I came across by reading. And I am not moving away from my it.

Well, what you read is wrong. I apologize if I sounded a bit arrogant, it wasn't intentional, believe me. My usage of the term 'crap' in my earlier post wasn't intended to be misconstrued as an insult. It was a bit forceful, yes, but I meant no disrespect.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:

Phones with non-removable batteries require power packs to keep them charged, if you cannot find a socket nearby, that is. And it's not a bad idea. Removing your low battery and replacing it with a charged one isn't advisable.

oga. All u said only works on paper n0t in reality. N0n rem0vable ba3 sucks. If u av used both n0n rem0vable and rem0vable. .u wil kn0w all th0se english mumbled up there are trashy just like the n0n rem0vable ba3
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by blaquemyc: 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
and who says non-removable battery can't be replaced when it starts acting up. Guys, google is your friend. Pls google how to replace non-removable battery of a particular oem e.g htc one x and see the results you get. I don't knw abt other oems esp the chinco ones but htc non removable battery phones can have their batteries changed or replaced when the battery goes numb.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Walahi....... I so much hate that feature..... + no built in mem card........ one reason I don't buy that HTC Phone
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
oga. All u said only works on paper n0t in reality. N0n rem0vable ba3 sucks. If u av used both n0n rem0vable and rem0vable. .u wil kn0w all th0se english mumbled up there are trashy just like the n0n rem0vable ba3

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is someone who seems to have a problem with proper English. If you didn't, you wouldn't see any need to use it to buttress your point.

I do use a phone that comes with a non-removable battery, and in the 18 months since I got it, I haven't had any problems with it so far. It's a Nokia (now Microsoft) Lumia. Everyone knows how durable Nokia devices are. I'm not sure I can say the same for your Infinix.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
blaquemyc:
and who says non-removable battery can't be replaced when it starts acting up. Guys, google is your friend. Pls google how to replace non-removable battery of a particular oem e.g htc one x and see the results you get. I don't knw abt other oems esp the chinco ones but htc non removable battery phones can have their batteries changed or replaced when the battery goes numb.

Yes. You have to take it to a good after-sales shop, preferably your phone manufacturer's.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Speaking of the durability of Nokia devices, has anyone ever sat down to imagine one running on an Android operating system?
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is someone who seems to have a problem with proper English. If you didn't, you wouldn't see any need to use it to buttress your point.

I do use a phone that comes with a non-removable battery, and in the 18 months since I got it, I haven't had any problems with it so far. It's a Nokia (now Microsoft) Lumia. Everyone knows how durable Nokia devices are. I'm not sure I can say the same for your Infinix.
lol. N0kia aint android. Used infinix zer0 . Until u use andr0id that has built in ba3 for 18 m0nths. Then kum bak kum defend ur p0int
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
lol. N0kia aint android. Used infinix zer0 . Until u use andr0id that has built in ba3 for 18 m0nths. Then kum bak kum defend ur p0int

Look at the topic you created. What does it say? What are we discussing? Now come back and tell me if you've made any sense at all.
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:

Look at the topic you created. What does it say? What are we discussing? Now come back and tell me if you've made any sense at all.
u attend skul at all? The sum up of the topic is that built in ba3 sucks. So far my p0ints pr0ve it sucks. If u stil dnt get it, 0Y0 lo wa
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by Craven: 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
u attend skul at all? The sum up of the topic is that built in ba3 sucks. So far my p0ints pr0ve it sucks. If u stil dnt get it, 0Y0 lo wa

Did I attend school at all? That's funny. If people were to judge who had a proper education from the way we both type, I wonder what they'd think.

I hope you've been able to fix your Infinix. Cheers!
Re: Non-removeable/built-in Battery Is The Worst Development In Mobile Phone by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:

Did I attend school at all? That's funny. If people were to judge who had a proper education from the way we both type, I wonder what they'd think.

I hope you've been able to fix your Infinix. Cheers!
lol. . . Like i said OYO lo wa. Infinix wey d0n kpai tey tey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry Mocks Apple: Try Bending Our Passport / Kissenger: A New Gadget That Allows You Kiss Your Lover In Real Time(photos) / Things I Can Do On Android 12, I'm Not Sure iOS can Do It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.