Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me (2859 Views)

Apostle Suleman: The Lies In Stephanie Otobo's BBM Chat / The Lies Christian Religion Tell! / Redeemed Pastor Burnt Maid's Buttocks For Telling Lies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2015
I was raised a fundamentalist Christian. Here is some of what we were taught, both explicitly and in a million different little ways, every single day of our lives:

- You are worthless.
- God hates you, unless you love him.
- Obedience is love.
- Punishment is love.
- The Bible is infallible and not to be questioned.
- The pastor is infallible and not to be questioned.
- Our interpretation of all Scripture is without error and not to be questioned.
- Outside the church bubble waits evil.
- Everyone who is different should be feared.
- Bad things happen to you because God is trying to teach you a lesson.
- Bad things happen to you because God let Satan tempt you.
- Bad things happen to you as a punishment for disobedience.
- Depression is a sign of sin in your life.
- To resist what you are taught is to rebel against God.
- Women have to cover themselves so as not to tempt men.
- If a man lusts after a woman it’s her fault.
- Women need to submit to male authority over them.
- There are many things girls can’t do.
- Men are more important than women.
- A woman who is raped must forgive her rapist and not report it to the authorities, in order that the rapist, his family, and the church remain protected from outsiders.
- Children are to be seen and not heard.
- Children need to have their will broken through painful “child-training” and punishment.
- A child who is not hit until he or she screams will not learn.
- Our church is the only true church; all others churches are filled with Christians who are untrue and destined for hell.
- Catholics aren’t Christians. They are idol worshippers.
- You are so full of sin God can’t even look at you.
- When the Communists take over America and force us to burn all of our Bibles, you’ll need to have memorized it so they can’t take away what is written on your heart.

Those are lies. And they are deeply damaging.

And if you are unfortunate enough to be raised a Christian fundamentalist, you have no choice but to believe those lies until, because you are very lucky and/or very strong, you break free from the controlling, brainwashing environment in which you and your family exist. Yours is a world in which not only all outsiders, but all television, music, movies and books are shunned. So what you are taught is literally the only truth you know.

And that is why, as toxic and harmful as they can certainly be, whenever I deal with Christian fundamentalists I bear in mind Jesus’ “Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do.” Because I know how true that is.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfundamentalistchristians/2014/05/the-lies-christian-fundamentalism-taught-me/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Redoil: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2015
Mr. Frosbel i will say you are 75% correct
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by tolulope855(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2015
I disagree... They are not all lies
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Phunmibi: 9:21am On Jul 16, 2015
[s]
frosbel:
I was raised a fundamentalist Christian. Here is some of what we were taught, both explicitly and in a million different little ways, every single day of our lives:
- You are worthless.
- Obedience is love.
- Punishment is love.
- Our interpretation of all Scripture is without error and not to be questioned.
- A woman who is raped must forgive her rapist and not report it to the authorities, in order that the rapist, his family, and the church remain protected from outsiders.
- Children need to have their will broken through painful “child-training” and punishment.
- Our church is the only true church; all others churches are filled with Christians who are untrue and destined for hell.
- When the Communists take over America and force us to burn all of our Bibles, you’ll need to have memorized it so they can’t take away what is written on your heart.
And if you are unfortunate enough to be raised a Christian fundamentalist, you have no choice but to believe those lies until, because you are very lucky and/or very strong, you break free from the controlling, brainwashing environment in which you and your family exist. Yours is a world in which not only all outsiders, but all television, music, movies and books are shunned. So what you are taught is literally the only truth you know.
And that is why, as toxic and harmful as they can certainly be, whenever I deal with Christian fundamentalists I bear in mind Jesus’ “Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do.” Because I know how true that is.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfundamentalistchristians/2014/05/the-lies-christian-fundamentalism-taught-me/
[/s]
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 16, 2015
Redoil:
Mr. Frosbel i will say you are 75% correct

and can you point out the 25% incorrect ones.

5 Likes

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Craigston: 9:28am On Jul 16, 2015
2015/2016 POST-UTME & ADMISSIONS PROCESS - APPLY EARLY

As the admission process and registrations begin for the Post-UTME exams, you can make the proverbial hay while the sun shines.
At Bright Processes, we process your applications for

JAMB (UTME)
POST-UTME for the following
UNIPORT - University of Port Harcourt;
RSUST - Rivers State University of Science and Technology;
Colleges of Education;
Polytechnics.

We also process
WAEC (WASSCE & GCE) registrations,
Airforce, Navy and Army Exams.

Past questions are available for the exams.
APPLY EARLY!
Call: 08094369715.

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by preetyb(f): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2015
You are incorrect!
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by malvisguy212: 9:51am On Jul 16, 2015
1. Were in the bible it say "you are worthless?
2.did the bible say God hate sinners ?
3.God love required justice, are you a father? Punishing your son for evil deed mean you hate him ?
4.where in the bible we are discourage not to ask question?
“The Bible must be the invention
either of good men or angels, bad men
or devils, or of God. However, it was not
written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying ‘Thus saith the Lord;’ it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin, and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration”
5.James 1:14
but each person is tempted when they
are dragged away by their own evil
desire and enticed.

The op is a fan of Bart Ehrman .

4 Likes

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by kolajamesjnr(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Correct
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2015
preetyb:
You are incorrect!

on all or some.
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by truthman2012(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2015
The fallout of backsliding.

1 Like

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:
The fallout of backsliding.

the fallout of debrainwashing - wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by hahn(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Its ok for other people to burn in hell while you chill in heaven
Sinners don't deserve the good things of life
God is perfect but he created an imperfect world
God and Satan are still buddies(Devil still visits heaven)
God is actually the god is Israel. If you're not Israeli ....
God loves you so much that everything that is most pleasurable on earth is a sin
God loves you and will burn you in hell if you don't love him back
Jesus died for your sins but god will still punish you when you sin
God likes virgin pvssy(in the case of mary)
God made Solomon rich but you're "worldly" if you attempt to be rich

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by vooks: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
I knew Frosbel would run out of steam but not that fast. He was a darling of this section, throwing thought provoking posts and questions. Then everyone got bored. And the attention diminished. Frosbel rants grew more and more familiar and repetitive. He suffered attention deficiency disorder. Slithered quietly into hibernation, now he is trying to reinvent himself. What a pitiful sight grin
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
You have not truly have a personal encounter with God, if you had, nothin on earth nor in heaven wil make u to lose ur interest in Jesus. What u've been practising eversince is called 'Religion', xtianity is more dan a religion.

3 Likes

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
vooks:
I knew Frosbel would run out of steam but not that fast. He was a darling of this section, throwing thought provoking posts and questions. Then everyone got bored. And the attention diminished. Frosbel rants grew more and more familiar and repetitive. He suffered attention deficiency disorder. Slithered quietly into hibernation, now he is trying to reinvent himself. What a pitiful sight grin

I was not in hibernation, dummy !!! grin

I was extremely busy at work but have a little bit more time on my hands now.

1 Like

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
moffymichael:
You have not truly have a personal encounter with God, if you had, nothin on earth nor in heaven wil make u to lose ur interest in Jesus. What u've been practising eversince is called 'Religion', xtianity is more dan a religion.

you say that because you were born into a Christian family, what if you had been born a Muslim or Hindu ?

Besides I still believe in God and the Christ, I have only discarded the disgusted veil of Christianity and its scam.
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by preetyb(f): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
frosbel:

on all or some.

Almost all
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by christemmbassey(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=frosbel post=35918768]I was raised a fundamentalist Christian. Here is some of what we were taught, both explicitly and in a million different little ways, every single day of our lives:

- You are worthless.
- Obedience is love.
- Punishment is love.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfundamentalistchristians/2014/05/the-lies-christian-fundamentalism-taught-me/[/quote did they teaich you dat Jesus is Lord?
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Demmzy15(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
1. Were in the bible it say "you are worthless?
2.did the bible say God hate sinners ?
3.God love required justice, are you a father? Punishing your son for evil deed mean you hate him ?
4.where in the bible we are discourage not to ask question?
“The Bible must be the invention
either of good men or angels, bad men
or devils, or of God. However, it was not
written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying ‘Thus saith the Lord;’ it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin, and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration”
5.James 1:14
but each person is tempted when they
are dragged away by their own evil
desire and enticed.

The op is a fan of Bart Ehrman .
grin grin
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Demmzy15(m): 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
hahn:
Its ok for other people to burn in hell while you chill in heaven
Sinners don't deserve the good things of life
God is perfect but he created an imperfect world
God and Satan are still buddies(Devil still visits heaven)
God is actually the god is Israel. If you're not Israeli ....
God loves you so much that everything that is most pleasurable on earth is a sin
God loves you and will burn you in hell if you don't love him back
Jesus died for your sins but god will still punish you when you sin
God likes virgin pvssy(in the case of mary)
God made Solomon rich but you're "worldly" if you attempt to be rich
Ahnahn, bro u wicked o!
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by lampardizik(m): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
I hope that you have now learnt the truth...
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by vooks: 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
frosbel:

I was not in hibernation, dummy !!! grin

I was extremely busy at work but have a little bit more time on my hands now.

Welcome back son
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by johnydon22(m): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Lol lets seat and watch this thread, it has a potential to be interesting comment-wise. . . Frosbel is at a stage we call, Cross road.. a stage of conflict between reality and faith, reason and belief.....We all passed through it tho..

Anyway lets watch the thread move on

1 Like

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by johnydon22(m): 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
frosbel:

you say that because you were born into a Christian family, what if you had been born a Muslim or Hindu ?

Besides I still believe in God and the Christ, I have only discarded the disgusted veil of Christianity and its scam.
Isn't it ironic frosbel that you now think christianity is a scam but yet again the same Scam (christianity) sold you the concept of God and Jesus to which you still believe. . . I can say its kinda of very amusingly ironic...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by emrys1(m): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
u say it a lie right. Fine choose wat to believe bt jst knw dat any1 who dnt believe the word of God written in the bible has hmself to b blieve. Thank God u ar nt ignorant of them so u hav no excused to gve.
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
johnydon22:
Isn't it ironic frosbel that you now think christianity is a scam but yet again the same Scam (christianity) sold you the concept of God and Jesus to which you still believe. . . I can say its kinda of very amusingly ironic...

He is still half baked,he needs to get out of the hole completely to be free. But he is getting there grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by true2god: 7:14am On Jul 17, 2015
@ Frosbel please can you mention only three truth that christian fundamentalist told you?
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Gombs(m): 7:56am On Jul 17, 2015
true2god:
@ Frosbel please can you mention only three truth that christian fundamentalist told you?

Good question. Oya, Frosbel, over to you.
No fall your hand here o

grin

1 Like

Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by SalC: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2015
So finally this is where Frosbel found himself? Not surprised though.
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by Gombs(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2015
SalC:
So finally this is where Frosbel found himself? Not surprised though.

grin
At the rate at which he's going down, he might soon discover oil. Believe me, he's not done going down.
Re: The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me by SalC: 8:28am On Jul 17, 2015
Gombs:

grin
At the rate at which he's going down, he might soon discover oil. Believe me, he's not done going down.
The guy disagree with everything these days. He disagrees with religion, he disagrees with the bible, he disagrees even with himself. If there is anybody who is "religiously" confused in our world today, its Frosbel.

In your voice "he might soon discover oil down there" cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spirit Filled And Truthful Worship / 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? / Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.