Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? (2882 Views)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. / Why Are Christians So Divided / Why Are Christians So Judgmental? Doesn't The Bible Say, "do Not Judge" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
It's annoying when you are arguing with a Christian and they start to throw insults at you calling you all sort of names. What happened to their 10 commandments?

They are always rude, arrogant and extremely ignorant reason why they have to belittle you with their insults to win a debate.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by No2Atheism(m): 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

It's annoying when you are arguing with a Christian and they start to throw insults at you calling you all sort of names. What happened to their 10 commandments?

They are always rude, arrogant and extremely ignorant reason why they have to belittle you with their insults to win a debate.

And why are u generalising . . .
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2009
Because exceptions hardly make the rules that's why you guys feel you are in right to bully others (minorities) who don't share your faith. Your famous verse of the Bible you use to insult atheists is too well known.

Well you do know who the fool is? The fool is someone who can't engage in a reasonable discussion without throwing low belts. He is ignorant and uncapable of rational thoughts.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by debosky(m): 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

Sharrap dia!

OOOPS!  grin grin

Tell the truth Mich, you can be pretty inflammatory in your arguing style. . . .I don't think people set out to insult you, and even if they did, this is more likely to be a Nigerian 'trait' than anything associated with Christianity.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ Debo

Why do Christians assume that anybody who doesn't believe in God is a fool and actually call you a fool? That's a childish behaviour. If you can't stand a logical confrontation with me, back off instead of trying to pull me down with insults on my intellect because it clearly shows you lack it instead.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by mamagee3(f): 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2009
@poster

Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by noetic15(m): 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

@ Debo

[b]Why do Christians assume that anybody who doesn't believe in God is a fool and actually call you a fool? [/b]That's a childish behaviour. If you can't stand a logical confrontation with me, back off instead of trying to pull me down with insults on my intellect because it clearly shows you lack it instead.

The bible says so in more than 2 places that those who hold such view as ur self are fools. whats the fault of a xtian in reiterating such a biblical view?
aside from that. . . . .objectivity ensures that u are able to stomach contrary opinion. and also when did foolishness or ignorance become an insult?
to be foolish or ignorant is a compliment. . . I only take offence when the person who calls me a fool is not wiser, cannot profer wisdom or the person who calls me an ignoramus is unable to educate my ignorance.

So my dear. .  .A FOOL says in his/her heart that there is  no God.
My wisdom is derived from the evidences (obtained on comparison with the alternatives) that there is a GOD.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fool and ignorant are a compliment? Hey christian, don't follow me play that kind play. Feel free to insult your fellow christiand but don't use that language with me. I don't call you fools for being what you are even though I can find books where it is also said that religous folks are indeed fools, why should you because of a mere book?
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by No2Atheism(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
@michelin

I repeat why are you generalising . . .

I am a bible believer who does not subscribe to the denominational bullshit that is prevalent in todays world . . .

I prefer not to really use the word "Christian" to classify myself (for obvious reasons), nevertheless I know that the word Christian is used to generally classify those who take the bible as final authority.

Hence my question is that:

Why are you generalising . . .or have I insulted you before (let me know so that i can apologise)
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ AtheismRules grin grin grin

I am not being specific but I noticed this trend of christians to call you a fool whenever you embark ona debate with them because in the Bible there are two passages where the word is written.

I don't understand why they feel they are in the position to call someone names. Afterall in my on position I could insult anybody who thinks differently from me but I am civilized enough to hold my piece and try to be as polite as possible.

Besides doesn't it even make sense for a religious person (an arrogant folk who thinks he is intelligent enough to know the unknown) to call others fool?
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Horus(m): 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

Their 10 commandments have been replaced with their 10 sins grin
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by chiogo(f): 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2009
@topic, same with atheists. Takes two to tangle. undecided
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by debosky(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
Erm. . .if the Christians calling you a fool are using the biblical verses as a basis, then it's technically not an insult.  grin

michelin89:

I don't understand why they feel they are in the position to call someone names. Afterall in my on position I could insult anybody who thinks differently from me but I am civilized enough to hold my piece and try to be as polite as possible.

shocked shocked shocked cheesy

Polite? Michelin??  shocked  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
Yes of course I am polite. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by debosky(m): 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nor kill me this evening abeg. cheesy
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

Everything is better than Christianity.

michelin89:

Motherfucking living testicle. Bitch.

Idiot. Stupid scum bag. Living testicle, na you contain sperm pass Madingo balls. Sperm bank. Nor be milk you get for your breast, na the semen of your incestuous father. Ever on menstrual period releasing the liquids of your family disgrace!

michelin89:

Well Bleep your God! Don't send a motherfucking asshole to rape me and I won't dispose of the product of his sick genes. Enough said.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by AKO1(m): 12:03am On Nov 24, 2009
Sometimes I wonder how we manage to see past the log in our eyes.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

I am not in the mood for jokes. Reply to the topic or Bleep off!

michelin89:

grin I am accused on daily basis, along with the label of immature. Yeah I am the immature westernized bitchy mod!  grin I want an award.

Seriously talking, I want to understand. How can you daily live by the what White man has created and have the guts or even the courage to call someone else westernized? And I am appalled that the basis of your accusations are still linked to the White man.

I am referring in particular to religion. Aren't I more African than you by saying I can't accept the White man's god?
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 24, 2009
@ Tpia

You have won the award for copy and paste. Now back to the topic: why do christians insult when they engage in a religious debate? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 24, 2009
^^ ask the ones who insulted you during a debate.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 24, 2009
fool  /ful/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [fool] 

–noun 1. a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.

2. a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement: the court fool. 

3. a person who has been tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid: to make a fool of someone.

4. an ardent enthusiast who cannot resist an opportunity to indulge an enthusiasm (usually prec. by a present
participle): He's just a dancing fool. 

5. a weak-minded or unfortunate person.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fool

now, much as I wish no fools were on Nairaland or on this earth, unfortunately God did not see fit to grant me my wish.

Therefore fools remain and they also happen to be very vocal, like megaphones.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 24, 2009
Well I must say I am quite good. When I read this, I didn't believe I wrote that. grin

Idiot. Stupid scum bag. Living testicle, na you contain sperm pass Madingo balls. Sperm bank. Nor be milk you get for your breast, na the semen of your incestuous father. Ever on menstrual period releasing the liquids of your family disgrace!
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by C2H5OH(f): 12:15am On Nov 24, 2009
I think the copy and pasting by tpia is just to show you how neurotic and emotionally disastrous you get when you can't have things your way.  It's either you start dishing out expletives or you respond with vile blathering type.  Obviously there's no real connection between christianity and your hypothesis, since you are as equally quick to insult as you claim they are.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 24, 2009
If I could I'd transform you into delicious spaghetti. That way you'd be of some use. tongue
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

If I could I'd transform you into delicious spaghetti. That way you'd be of some use. tongue

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by mamagee3(f): 12:41am On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

@ Tpia

You have won the award for copy and paste. Now back to the topic: why do christians insult when they engage in a religious debate? cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by noetic15(m): 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

Fool and ignorant are a compliment? Hey christian, don't follow me play that kind play. Feel free to insult your fellow christiand but don't use that language with me. I don't call you fools for being what you are even though I can find books where it is also said that religous folks are indeed fools, why should you because of a mere book?

A fool says in her heart that there is no God. . . . .are u a fool?
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by manmustwac(m): 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2009
@michelin69
you complain about the way they insult you when it seems that you are even worse when it comes to insulting.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2009
i think michelin only ended up embarrassing herself here.

Of course to her and her ilk, its ok to insult christians.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nellychari: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
My dear you got it wrong. Christians don't insult neither are they quick to insult. The word christian means Christ-like. So any christian that you will meet must have the resemblance of Christ. Christ had never insulted anybody. He was so humble. A christian is the one that possesses the fruits of the Spirit( Joy, Peace, Love, Temperance, Meekness, Gentleness,e.t.c) By this this fruits mentioned, you will know who is a christian and who is not. Secondly, a christian is not bound by ten commandments because he is not under the law. He has a new law to follow which love. He is to love God and everyone created by God. This is a higher law. Higher than the ten commandment.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2009
Oh please David you are the worst of all. To you insutling atheists is like drinking water.
Re: Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

Oh please David you are the worst of all. To you insutling atheists is like drinking water.

I doubt you understand what an "insult" is . . .

Telling an atheist (like you or bawomolo or atheist) that you have no idea what it is you discuss as pertaining to "science" or the bible is not an insult, it is a statement of fact. Calling you a fool (since the bible says a fool believes there is no God despite the preponderance of evidence) is not an insult but a statement of fact. Pointing out the fact that many of you cannot logically articulate your position as regards the existence of God isnt an insult . . .

now THIS is a brainless insult - Motherfucking living testicle. Bitch.

Now you know the difference.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Hate Pentecostal Pastors ! / The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History / The Question No Christian Can Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.