Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] (3294 Views)

FG To Block Radio Broadcasts By Boko Haram, NDA, IPOB / Precious Chikwendu Storms Out Of Court, Judge Fails To Appear / Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by skultrick(m): 7:11am On Jul 17, 2015
[NyTimes & Fox News]Nigeria's government says it has banned Radio Biafra because it is unlicensed but the station dedicated to creating a breakaway state remained on the airwaves
Thursday.

People in southeastern Nigeria confirmed the station is broadcasting in the area that is home to the Igbo people.The Igbos fought a civil war to form an independent nation called Biafra in
the late 1960s that killed about one million people, mostly Igbos from conflict-induced famine.

Unresolved causes of the war and results including the appropriation of property that has not been returned remain a sore point and
groups including Radio Biafra continue to claim the tribe is discriminated against and to agitate for independence. Many Igbos who fled into exile have not returned home.

Eleven pro-Biafra activists were arrested last year on charges of treason. Earlier this year, the Biafra Zionists Federation called for Ibgos to boycott presidential elections because the High Court refused to give them bail after months in
jail awaiting trial.

On Wednesday, Radio Biafra broadcast an alleged interview with the BBC Hausa service in
which it claimed a voice said to be that of newly installed President Muhammadu Buhari made derogatory comments about the Igbo. Buhari's office denied that, and the BBC also denied having such an interview.

The Ministry of Information announced Tuesday that it had "successfully jammed the signals" of Radio Biafra. But the station remained on the air with call-in
shows where listeners discuss issues confronting their region and their desire to break away from Nigeria.

Source: http://nigeriainfohub.com/nytimes-nigeria-fails-to-block-radio-biafra/

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/07/16/world/africa/ap-af-nigeria-radio-biafra.html?%3Cbr%20/%3E_r=1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by anochuko01(m): 7:13am On Jul 17, 2015
Just heard on faaji FM that's its been blocked finally, and its engineer arrested.
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by eleko1: 7:14am On Jul 17, 2015
sad
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by empireSOM: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2015
anochuko01:
Just heard on faaji FM that's its been blocked finally, and its engineer arrested.

Radio Biafra is live and broad casting as I type. Nigeria cannot block that station. They will soon block radio nigeria.

Radio Biafra is live and broad casting.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Juxtified(m): 7:19am On Jul 17, 2015
They better nip this Biafra issue in the bud now - before it turns into another Boko Haram mess
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Xyg12: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2015
anochuko01:

Nigerians like lies, is as though the profit from it or may be is what they want to hear. If that's what you want to hear, take it but if you like truth, it is live.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by mytime24(f): 7:23am On Jul 17, 2015
izzoki
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Smilelo(m): 7:24am On Jul 17, 2015
Radio Biafra is live and direct, as I am trying this message now. I am writing from Igweocha (portharcourt).

If you want to listen to Radio Biafra, if you have a BlackBerry or android phone just go to your BlackBerry or android app store and Search For Radio Biafra and download it. Simple you will listen it live and Direct.

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by anochuko01(m): 7:27am On Jul 17, 2015
Xyg12:

Nigerians like lies, is as though the profit from it or may be is what they want to hear. If that's what you want to hear, take it but if you like truth, it is live.

I just said what I heard on radio. I Never argued if its true or not undecided
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by alphalpha(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2015
Xyg12:

Where are you receiving the transmission?
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by alphalpha(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2015
empireSOM:

Radio Biafra is live and broad casting as I type. Nigeria cannot block that station. They will soon block radio nigeria.

Radio Biafra is live and broad casting.

In which state? City?
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by empireSOM: 7:39am On Jul 17, 2015
alphalpha:

In which state? City?

Enugu!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Juxtified(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2015
Smilelo:
Radio Biafra is live and direct, as I am trying this message now. I am writing from Igweocha (portharcourt).

If you want to listen to Radio Biafra, if you have a BlackBerry or android phone just go to your BlackBerry or android app store and Search For Radio Biafra and download it. Simple you will listen it live and Direct.
campain officer. It shall not be well for all of you if ur plan is to cause the death of millions of innocent Nigerians once again
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by gregg2: 7:40am On Jul 17, 2015
Like play, like play
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by alphalpha(m): 7:40am On Jul 17, 2015
Smilelo:

PH still?
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by empireSOM: 7:57am On Jul 17, 2015
alphalpha:

PH still?

I dont see how that station can ever be jam, even if NBA gets a technology, Radio Biafra will upgrade with technology.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by jimi4us: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2015
mumuu bloggers where the NY Times and FOX News.??

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Buchukwu: 8:07am On Jul 17, 2015
Juxtified:

campain officer. It shall not be well for all of you if ur plan is to cause the death of millions of innocent Nigerians once again
Imbe. Millions are already dieing from hunger and starvations,bomb,guns. So what should we be afraid of deing for what we believe in. YOU'RE A F00L

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by alphalpha(m): 8:07am On Jul 17, 2015
[size=8pt]
empireSOM:

I dont see how that station can ever be jam, even if NBA gets a technology, Radio Biafra will upgrade with technology.

What's the frequency?
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2015
Nigerian bloggers can sometimes be very disgusting..
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by melzabull(f): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2015
and the lies continues...no be only jam na beat

mtcjewww
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by sinkhole: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2015
But internet radio is different from normal terrestrial radio!
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by MrEverest(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2015
Hahahahahahaha, Nnamdi Kanu has really become a torn in the flesh of this present regime. Kudos to you my chairman, they can't continue to suppress us and still want us to remain in the Zoo republic. Men, I see CNN or BBC giving this man an interview. More publicity to Radio Biafra means more pressure to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by empireSOM: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2015
Failure of the Zoo are many. The Zoo must fall.
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by 400billionman: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2015
Who cares ?

Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by fineguy11(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2015
Smilelo:

u just confirmed their radio frequency have been jammed....is it the market women and okada riders that will pay over 1k for subscription just to listen to an internet radio?..happy listening..
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by safarigirl(f): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2015
fineguy11:
u just confirmed their radio frequency have been jammed....is it the market women and okada riders that will pay over 1k for subscription just to listen to an internet radio?..happy listening..
you're not very smart. He only stated an option for those in States the station can't reach, that does not mean it's jammed in places like PH or Aba where there are dedicated stations. Radio stations are downloaded on phones too. Don't embarass yourself
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by fineguy11(m): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2015
safarigirl:
you're not very smart. He only stated an option for those in States the station can't reach, that does not mean it's jammed in places like PH or Aba where there are dedicated stations. Radio stations are downloaded on phones too. Don't embarass yourself
where is your location and what frequency is the pitrate station broadcasting from?the free to air frequency has and is being blocked..keep living in denial..
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Yeah am on to radio biafra. God bless biafra.
Re: Nigeria Fails To Block Radio Biafra-[NY Times & Fox News Reports] by Rose2014: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2015
Buchukwu:
Imbe. Millions are already dieing from hunger and starvations,bomb,guns. So what should we be afraid of deing for what we believe in. YOU'RE A F00L

Classic response.One bottle of orijin for u bro

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatever Happened To The Big Fat Lie That Osun Is The Richest State In Nigeria? / The Igbo Attitude Hasn't Changed, From Colonial To Now ! History Is Clear On Tha / Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo And The Yorubas.....femi Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.