Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Can I Write Poems In Sequels? - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Can I Write Poems In Sequels? (1274 Views)

My Narrative Poems In Ajegunle / Poems In Yoruba / Original Love Poems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Write Poems In Sequels? by Basic(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2006
hello fellow poets,is it possible for me to write my poems in sequels (ie where one poem would be the continuation of another) when i'm using my poem to tell a long story. pls tell me if this is possible.thanks.
Re: Can I Write Poems In Sequels? by macalurs(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2006
Art is an expression of self.
Re: Can I Write Poems In Sequels? by Poet2007(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2007
I write poems in sequels. I have @ least 10-12 poems with sequels. I did one poem as a school project with Elmer Fudd called "Elmer's Insanity". I had him going after Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. In "Elmer's Insanity 2"- he went after other toon animals and then was sent to an insane asylum. in "Elmer's Insanity 3". he breaks out of the asylum and goes after more cartoon animals. I also have written poems based on Sleepy Hollow with 3 sequels, Resident Evil poems with 15, and a series called "Childhoods End" with 20 and countng.
Re: Can I Write Poems In Sequels? by RuuDie(m): 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2007
writing poems in sequels ain't awfully popular but i think is good practice c'os a long, exhaustive poem is much too prone to errors and might lose consistency somewhere along the line; and will be very cumbersome for the reader . . . . just got only a handful i've written like that !
Re: Can I Write Poems In Sequels? by Poet2007(m): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2007
i've even did a continuation of Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven. The Raven 2 was for a school project in which the guy finds out that the raven is actually the spirit of his lost love.
Re: Can I Write Poems In Sequels? by RuuDie(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2007
Poet2007:

i've even did a continuation of Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven. The Raven 2 was for a school project in which the guy finds out that the raven is actually the spirit of his lost love.

you're too much man!
never ever thot of doing stuff like that . . . i'm constsntly in awe of 'em great poets that i fear to thread in their part by fooling around with 'em materpieces!

well, guess its a pretty good way to horne your own skills. . . i'll try it someday!

(1) (Reply)

Tell Her I Cried / There Is A Greatness In Us (an Acrostic) / Loving You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.