Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,767 members, 7,862,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:20 PM

Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla - Jokes Etc (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla (59268 Views)

Poll: DO YOU THINK THIS GUY IS GOOD IN JOKES

EXCELLENT: 42% (183 votes)
YES: 36% (156 votes)
NO: 4% (21 votes)
DONT KNOW: 7% (34 votes)
I DONT CARE: 7% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Likely Scenarios By Sam Milla: / New Math Jokes By Sam Milla / Read Wise Quotes By Sam Milla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2006
Put the argument into a concrete shape, into an image, some hard phrase, round and solid as a ball, which they can see and handle and carry home with them, and the cause is half won.
---------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
Two young men decided to make a bet as to which one of them could make love more times in one night. They agreed that sunrise would be the end of the contest and each went to their respective motel rooms.
The more boastful of the two , went right to it and made love to his date , leaned over and marked a "l" on the wall , Feeling sprightly, he went again , and once again at the completion of the act , marked another "l" on the wall - next to the first. Figuring he had the bet in the bag , he decided to relax a bit and in relaxing , fell asleep.

Awakened by the sun's rays coming in the window , he quickly grab his lady and did it one more time , and marked another "l" on the wall , Just at that time , His friend enters , and upon seeing the marks on the wall exclaims:

"DAMN - a hundred and eleven , beat me by three , "
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2006
To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us. 'Tis good to give a stranger a meal, or a night's lodging. 'Tis better to be hospitable to his good meaning and thought, and give courage to a companion. We must be as courteous to a man as we are to a picture, which we are willing to give the advantage of a good light.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2006
A six-year old boy was the only survivor of a sinking ocean liner; he made it to an uninhabited island in the South Pacific and learned to live on his own over the course of the years.
Much later, a fancy yacht sank and a beautiful young woman came swimming up to his island. He pulled her to shore, delighted to finally have some company. She asked him, "How have you gotten along here by yourself?"

"I've found different plants to eat, I dig for clams, and I occasionally can spear a fish in the lagoon"

"How long have you been here?"

"Almost twenty years."

"Well, you probably never even knew about sex, then, did you?"

"What's that?"

So she shows him. Afterwards she asked him what he thought about what they'd just accomplished.
He said, "Well, it was just fine, but look at what it did to my ---------]
===============================================
There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us. 'Tis good to give a stranger a meal, or a night's lodging. 'Tis better to be hospitable to his good meaning and thought, and give courage to a companion. We must be as courteous to a man as we are to a picture, which we are willing to give the advantage of a good light.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2006
The greatest discovery of our generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. As you think, so shall you be.

===============================================================
2 dumb fishermen decided to rent a boat on a lake for their favorite sport. After fishing for 4 hours at various places around the lake with no luck at all they decided to try one more spot before calling it quits, Suddenly things started to happen, and they caught their limit inside of twenty minutes. paul said, (Hey we should mark this spot, so next time we will know where to come,) Jim says good idea, and he took out a can of spray paint and made a large X on the floor of the boat, to mark the spot, With that paul says, why did you do that, now anyone who rents this boat will know where to fish.
============================================================
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2006
You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

================================================================
Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The disappearance of a sense of responsibility is the most far-reaching consequence of submission to authority.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2006
Since boredom advances and boredom is the root of all evil, no wonder, then, that the world goes backwards, that evil spreads. This can be traced back to the very beginning of the world. The gods were bored; therefore they created human beings.

=============================================================
There is a girl walking up the stairs in a church one day. As the priest is walking by, he looks up and notices that this girl is not wearing any panties. He then calls the girl and gives her $50 and says "Little girl, take this money and buy yourself some panties as it is not good to walk around without any panties on."

The girl then goes home and gives the money to her mother and asks her mother to buy panties for her. When the mother asks where the girl got the money from, the girl explained what happened. Upon hearing how the girl got the money, the mother rushes to her room, whips off her panties, and puts on one of her shortest dresses and runs out to the church. As soon as the mother sees the priest coming, she begins to walk up the stairs. The priest then notices the lady and calls her down.

The woman not wanting to show that she is expecting anything walks back to the priest very calmly. The priest then gives the lady $1 and says, "Take this money and for God's Sakes, buy yourself a razor!"
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2006
If I am to speak ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am ready now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions that have Confused humankind!!

a, Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, \"I think I\'ll
squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?\"

a, Who was the first person to say \"See that chicken there, I\'m gonna eat the next thing that comes outta it\'s butt.\"

a, Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a
horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

a, Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

a, If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

a, Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

a, If the professor on Gilligan\'s Island can make a radio out of coconut, why can\'t he fix a hole in a boat?

a, Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don\'t point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

a, Why does your OB-GYN leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?

a, Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They\'re both dogs!

a, What do you call male ballerinas?

a, Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream??

a, If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap,why
didn\'t he just buy dinner?

a, If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

a, If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from
vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

a, If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

a, Isn\'t Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse?

a, Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the
same tune?

a, Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

a, Why do they call it an asteroid when it\'s outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it\'s in your ass?

a, Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog\'s face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he can\'t wait to stick his head out the window into the wind?

a, Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2006
A priest, a father, and a rabbi are walking home from their respective services when they pass a bar.

The priest says, "I wish we could all go in and have a drink tonight." To this the father says, "let me try something I'll be right back."

So the father goes into the bar, sits down and orders a drink. When the bartender comes over to get paid the father says, "my son, I have already paid you for my drink.", to which the bartender replies, "I'm sorry father, it must've slipped my mind." "It's alright my son. You have a good night", the father says and leaves.

He goes outside to tell the priest and the rabbi what to do.

The priest goes in and comes out successful, so the rabbi goes in.He orders and when it comes time to pay he says to the bartender, "listen sonny I have already paid for my drinks tonight". Now the bartender replies, "I'm sorry rabbi, you're the third man of the cloth to come in here tonight I must be slipping!", to this the rabbi replies, "that's ok sonny, but can I have the change from my fifty
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am to speak ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am ready now.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2006
God breathes life into Adam and tells him, "You are man, my most favored creation, because of this I am going to give you the penis, and the brain."

Adam replies, "Thank you lord, thank you so much, thank you.

God says back to him, "Don't get to excited, there's a catch."

Adam asks, "What is the catch?"

God answers, "I'm only going to give you enough blood in your body to use one of that a time."
-----------------------------------------------------
If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2006
"I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was -
'You'll never find anyone like me again!'
I'm thinking, 'I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you?'

"Relationships are hard. It's like a full-time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks' notice. There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp."

"A lady came up to me on the street and pointed at my suede jacket.
'You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?' she sneered.
I replied in a psychotic tone, 'I didn't know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you too."

"Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student. At least they can find Kuwait."

"Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork. I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken. Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?"

"My mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, 'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim.'"

"In elementary school, in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file line from smallest to tallest. What is the logic? Do tall people burn slower?"

"I voted for the Democrats because I didn't like the way the Republicans were running the country. Which is turning out to be like shooting yourself in the head to stop your headache."

"A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: Duh."

"I don't know what's wrong with my television set. I was getting C-Span and the Home Shopping Network on the same station. I actually bought a congressman."

"I had a linguistics professor who said that it's man's ability to use language that makes him the dominant species on the planet. That may be. But I think there's one other thing that separates us from animals. We aren't afraid of vacuum cleaners."

"Some women hold up dresses that are so ugly and they always say the same thing: This looks much better on.' On what? On fire?"

"Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash."

"If God doesn't destroy Hollywood Boulevard, he owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology."

"The Swiss have an interesting army. Five hundred years without a war. Pretty impressive. Also pretty lucky for them. Ever see that little Swiss Army knife they have to fight with? Not much of a weapon there. Corkscrews. Bottle openers. 'Come on, buddy, let's go. You get past me, the guy in back of me, he's got a spoon. Back off. I've got the toe clippers right here!'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
requires brains.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2006
Better to be occasionally cheated than perpetually suspicious.
In two words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. S$$T HAPPENS!.
Accept than some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
The best vitamin for making friends: B1.
If you can't be the tablecloth, don't be the dishrag.
I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.
I'm not just a gardener, I'm a Plant Manager.
On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
There are two rules for ultimate success in life: (1) Never tell everything you know.
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
There's no real need to do housework -- after four years it doesn't get any worse.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
You'll never be the man your mother was!
Drive defensively. Buy a tank.
Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.
Good news is just life's way of keeping you off balance.
Don't cook tonight -- starve a rat today!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2006
George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing
white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The
man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm.

George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses."

The man ignored George W. and stared at the ceiling.

George W. positioned himself more directly in the man's view and asked
again, "Aren't you Moses".

The man continued to peruse the ceiling.

George W. tugged at the man's sleeve and asked once again, "Aren't you
Moses".

The man finally responded in an irritated voice, "Yes I am".

George W. asked him why he was so uppity and the man replied, "The last
time a bush spoke to me I ended up without my shoes and spending forty years in the
wilderness ------
-----------------------------------
Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2006
3050 B.C. - A Sumerian invents the wheel. Within the week, the idea is stolen and duplicated by other Sumerians, thereby establishing the business ethic for all times.

525 B.C. - The first Olympics are held, and prove similar to the modern games, except that the Russians don't try to enter a six-footer with a moustache in the women's shot put.

214 B.C. - Tens of thousands of Chinese labor for a generation to build the 1,500 mile long Great Wall of China. And after all that, it still doesn't keep the neighbor's dog out.

1 B.C. - Calendar manufacturers find themselves in total disagreement over what to call next year.

432 - St. Patrick introduces Christianity to Ireland, thereby giving the natives something interesting to fight about for the rest of their recorded history.

1297- The world's first stock exchange opens, but no one has the foresight to buy IBM or Xerox.

1456 - An English judge reviews Joan of Arc's case and cancels her death sentence. Unfortunately for her, she was put to death in 1431.

1607 - The Indians laugh themselves silly as the first European tourist to visit Virginia tries to register as "John Smith".

1755 - Samuel Johnson issues the first English Dictionary, at last providing young children with a book they can look up dirty words in.

1770 - The shooting of three people in the Boston Massacre touches off the Revolution. 200 Years later, 3 shootings in Boston will be considered just about average for a Sat. Night.

1805 - Robert Fulton invents the torpedo.
1807 - Robert Fulton invents the steamship so he has something to blow up with his torpedo.

1865 - Union Soldiers face their greatest challenge of the war: getting General Grant sober enough to accept Lee's surrender.

1912 - People with Reservations for the voyage of the Titanic get their money back.

1934 - As if the Great Depression weren't giving business enough headaches, Ralph Nader is born.-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2006
.I look forward confidently to the day when all who work for a living will be one with no thought to their separateness as Negroes, Jews, Italians or any other distinctions. This will be the day when we bring into full realization the American dream -- a dream yet unfulfilled. A dream of equality of opportunity, of privilege and property widely distributed; a dream of a land where men will not take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few; a dream of a land where men will not argue that the color of a man's skin determines the content of his character; a dream of a nation where all our gifts and resources are held not for ourselves alone, but as instruments of service for the rest of humanity; the dream of a country where every man will respect the dignity and worth of the human personality.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einstein climbs to the top of Mt. Sinai to get close enough to talk to God.

Looking up, he asks the Lord, "God, what does a million years mean to you?"

The Lord replies, "A minute."

Einstein asks, "And what does a million dollars mean to you?"

The Lord replies, "A penny."

Einstein asks, "Can I have a penny?"

The Lord replies, "In a minute."
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2006
A man had just been laid off from work. He was standing on the railing of a high bridge getting read to jump off, when he happened to look down and see a little man with no arms dancing all around on the river bank below.

He thought to himself, "Life isn't so bad after all," and got off the railing.

He then walked down to the river bank to thank the little man for saving his life.

"Thank you," he said. "I was going to jump off that bridge and kill myself, but when I saw you dancing even though you have no arms, I changed my mind."

"Dancing? I'm not dancing!" the armless man replied bitterly,
"My asshole itches, and I can't scratch it!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you will think about what you ought to do for other people, your character will take care of itself. Character is a by-product, and any man who devotes himself to its cultivation in his own case will become a selfish prig.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2006
An engineer died and ended up in Hell. He was not pleased with the level of comfort in Hell, and began to redesign and build improvements. After a while, they had toilets that flush, air conditioning, and escalators. Everyone grew very fond of him.
One day God called to Satan to mock him, "So, how's it going down there in Hell?"

Satan replied, "Hey, things are great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God was surprised, "What? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake. He should never have gotten down there in the first place. Send him back up here."

"No way," replied Satan. "I like having an engineer, and I'm keeping him."

God threatened, "Send him back up here now or I'll sue!"

Satan laughed and answered, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2006
For nothing is fixed, forever and forever and forever, it is not fixed; the earth is always shifting, the light is always changing, the sea does not cease to grind down rock. Generations do not cease to be born, and we are responsible to them because we are the only witnesses they have. The sea rises, the light fails, lovers cling to each other, and children cling to us. The moment we cease to hold each other, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This lady approaches a priest and tells him, "Father, I have a problem. I have these two talking female parrots, but they only know how to say one thing."

"What do they say?" the priest asked.

"They only know how to say, 'Hi, we are prostitutes. Do you want to have some fun?'"

"That's terrible!" the priest exclaimed, "But I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two talking female parrots over to my house and I will put them with my two male talking parrots who I have taught to pray and read the Bible. My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase and your female parrots will learn to pray and worship."

"Thank you," said the lady.

The next day, the lady brings her female parrots to the priest's house. The priest's two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage.

The lady puts her female talking parrots in with the male talking parrots and the female parrots say, "Hi, we are prostitutes! Do you want to have some fun?"

One male parrot looks over to the other male parrot and screams, "Frank! Put the Bibles away--our prayers have been answered!"
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2006
You can understand and relate to most people better if you look at them -- no matter how old or impressive they may be -- as if they are children. For most of us never really grow up or mature all that much -- we simply grow taller. O, to be sure, we laugh less and play less and wear uncomfortable disguises like adults, but beneath the costume is the child we always are, whose needs are simple, whose daily life is still best described by fairy tales.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you as parents cut corners, your children will too. If you lie, they will too. If you spend all your money on yourselves and tithe no portion of it for charities, colleges, churches, synagogues, and civic causes, your children won't either. And if parents snicker at racial and gender jokes, another generation will pass on the poison adults still have not had the courage to snuff out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2006
Family life is full of major and minor crises -- the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce -- and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories. With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young child is, indeed, a true scientist, just one big question mark. What? Why? How? I never cease to marvel at the recurring miracle of growth, to be fascinated by the mystery and wonder of this brave enthusiasm.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2006
How is one to live a moral and compassionate existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror inherent in life, when one finds darkness not only in one's culture but within oneself? If there is a stage at which an individual life becomes truly adult, it must be when one grasps the irony in its unfolding and accepts responsibility for a life lived in the midst of such paradox. One must live in the middle of contradiction, because if all contradiction were eliminated at once life would collapse. There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions. You continue to live them out, making your life a worthy expression of leaning into the light.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is not merely the opportunity to do as one pleases; neither is it merely the opportunity to choose between set alternatives. Freedom is, first of all, the chance to formulate the available choices, to argue over them -- and then, the opportunity to choose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2006
We can learn from history how past generations thought and acted, how they responded to the demands of their time and how they solved their problems. We can learn by analogy, not by example, for our circumstances will always be different than theirs were. The main thing history can teach us is that human actions have consequences and that certain choices, once made, cannot be undone. They foreclose the possibility of making other choices and thus they determine future events.

--------------------------

By the choices and acts of our lives, we create the person that we are and the faces that we wear. By the choices and acts of our lives we give to the world wherein our lives are lived, hoping that our neighbors will find our contributions to be of worth, and hoping that the world will be a little more gracious for our time in it.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2006
It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

========================================================
A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2006
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason guides our attempt to understand the world about us. Both reason and compassion guide our efforts to apply that knowledge ethically, to understand other people, and have ethical relationships with other people.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2006
When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it's bottomless, that it doesn't have any resolution, that this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as well as how much space.
---------------------------------------------------------------
, when we finally know we are dying, and all other sentient beings are dying with us, we start to have a burning, almost heartbreaking sense of the fragility and preciousness of each moment and each being, and from this can grow a deep, clear, limitless compassion for all beings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2006
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers

The ultimate "computer," our own brain, uses only ten watts of power -- one-tenth the energy consumed by a hundred-watt bulb.

Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft , and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2006
Without self-confidence we are as babes in the cradle. And how can we generate this imponderable quality, which is yet so invaluable, most quickly? By thinking that other people are inferior to oneself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is more than a verbal tie between the words common, community, and communication, Try the experiment of communicating, with fullness and accuracy, some experience to another, especially if it be somewhat complicated, and you will find your own attitude toward your experience changing.

--------------------------------------------
One of the basic causes for all the trouble in the world today is that people talk too much and think too little. They act impulsively without thinking. I always try to think before I talk.
THATS ME SAM MILLA,
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2006
The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention…. A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we have the courage to speak out – to break our silence – we inspire the rest of the "moderates" in our communities to speak up and voice their views.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2006
All married couples should learn the art of battle as they should learn the art of making love. Good battle is objective and honest--never vicious or cruel. Good battle is healthy and constructive, and brings to a marriage the principle of equal partnership.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two dilemmas that rattle the human skull: How do you hang on to someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2006
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace is not the absence of conflict but the presence of creative alternatives for responding to conflict -- alternatives to passive or aggressive responses, alternatives to violence.

--------------
The torment of human frustration, whatever its immediate cause, is the knowledge that the self is in prison, its vital force and "mangled mind" leaking away in lonely, wasteful self-conflict.

------------------
But the greatest menace to our civilization today is the conflict between giant organized systems of self-righteousness -- each system only too delighted to find that the other is wicked -- each only too glad that the sins give it the pretext for still deeper hatred and animosity.

------------------

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2006
Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.

--------------------------------------------------

When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him; and you are torn by the thought of the unhappiness and night you cast, by the mere fact of living, in the hearts you encounter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a part of all that I have met.

Each contact with a human being is so rare, so precious, one should preserve it.
We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own.

The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2006
ok ladiesand gentlemen, page fifteen goes back to joke, let meuse this opportunity to thank all of you who are ready to laugh and live longer, jump over, our reality check will come again in another page but its time to laugh again
Re: Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla by SamMilla1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2006
It seems that MANDELA and BABANGIDA arranged a competition to determine whose nation had the bravest troops. The two leaders arrived, at the designated hour, on a plateau in GHANA high above the water. Each was accompanied by a battalion of crack troops, smartly uniformed. The leaders shook hands.

MANDELA went first. He addressed his battalion of Marines:

"Private Jones! Front and center."

Private Jones saluted and briskly marched to the front of the ranks, facing his commander.

"Private Jones! March to the edge of the cliff."

Private Jones saluted and briskly marched to the very edge of the cliff.

"Private Jones! Jump!"

Jones just stood there, unmoving.

"Private Jones! I said jump!"

The man's knees started to shake, but he was otherwise motionless.

"Private Jones! This is your Commander-in-Chief. I ORDER YOU TO JUMP!!!" Private Jones wailed out: "I can't! I have a wife--and a family!"

The MPs arrived and escorted Jones away for court martial. MANDELA backed off in disgrace. It was now BABANGIDA's turn.

"Comrade KALU! Front and center."
Comrade KALU saluted and briskly marched to the front of the ranks, facing his commander.

"Comrade KALU! March to the edge of the cliff."

KALU saluted and briskly marched to the very edge of the cliff.

"Comrade KALU! Jump!"

KALU jumped off the cliff.

By some miracle, he is snagged on a branch and he lands on a crag some 50 feet below the top of the cliff. KALU is badly injured, but still alive and conscious. He is carried away on a stretcher.

As KALU is carried passed Private Jones, Jones cannot resist asking him:

"KALU! How could you do it? How could you jump?"

KALU answered: "I had to! I have a wife--and a family!"

DO OR DIE COUNTRY

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply)

When You Wear Your Favourite Outfit But Nobody Is Feeling It (pic) / When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) / Hilarious Photo Of The Day: Keke Customized To Toyota Camry. Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.