Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry (40273 Views)

See How Nicki Minaj Responded To Remy Ma’s Diss Tracks With Three New Singles. / Eminem: The Rapper With Zero Fvcks, Top Ten Diss Tracks / The Snakes Sound Sultan Sees When He Looks At The Nigerian Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
While diss Tracks date back to the Sunny ade Vs Ebenezer Obey ,kollington and Barrister era,the list will address only contemporary Hiphop Tracks

1) Nico gravity ( Finish timaya) - Nico gravity diss track for timaya.Finish Timaya was a Hit Track.He went ahead to release season 1 and season 2 and even shot a video for the track.

2) Tony Tetuila ( Omode Meta)- After leaving the Remedies,Tony tetuila released the Mega hit " omode Meta" which was a diss track targeted at former group mates, Eddy montana and Eedris Adbulkareem.The song gained wide prominence and is tagged as the father of contemporary afro pop in Nigeria.

3) Mallam Spicey ( 1005 naira) -After TerryG dissed Him in a one liner in Free madness part 1 where he said " Me i no be mallam spicey wey no day fourth bar" koba".Mallam spicey responded with 1005 naira bling bling wey boys day wear .The song became a hit and he shot a video for it.

4) RuggedMan (Eh Ehen) - This is arguably the first rap diss track in nigeria hiphop sphere where Rugged called out Eedris,and some other Mcs.The Song was a Hit and changed the Nigeria Rap scene.

5) Kelly handsome ( Igwe) - Igwe was a Diss track by Kelly handsome where he dissed the then Mo hits record and Choc city boys.The Song is one of his career's biggest and has a video to it.

6) Wande Coal ( Who born the Maga) - Wande Coal was the only Mo hits member who responded to the Kelly handsome diss with his " Who born the Maga" track off M2M album with kayswitch as a guest artiste. Wande Coal shot a video for it.

7) MI ( Beef) - Mi beef track was targeted at all those artistes that dissed him from Iceberg slim to kelly handsome and some other rappers. The Song was a Big hit and also has an interesting video

cool 9ice ( Talk am listening)- Following the altercation between Rugged and 9ice ,a couple of diss songs were released.But the most prominent of the diss track where rugged name was directly mentioned is Talk i am listening featuring Seriki.The song was a hit.

9) Olamide ( First of All) - Olamide Took a Jibe at Chocolate city Rapper Mi in his hit track ,First of all where he said " In short you can call me Mi,oga fun gan afi bi ti waje,. And lines like " different shows,one cloth ki lo fe fo se

10) Mode 9 ( Death Blow) / Eedris ( WackaWicki Mcs) - I dont know which should have made d list but i settled for d Two. When Death Blow came out. It was a hit.Death blow had part 1 and part 2.The song was directed at Ruggedman.The song remains one of Mode 9 biggest hit

Eedris Abdulkareem WackaWiki MCs was quite a Hit when it was released too..

pls Note ,it is not based on the illest or dopest diss tracks. It is solely based on the popularity of the diss tracks.

Notable mentions

Vector- Distractions ( Reminisce diss)
Vector - The truth ( Mode 9)
Rukus - The list
Aq- international rapper ( local rappers diss)
Yung6ix- one tweet.
Iceberg Slim - Mr international ( MI)
Sinzu- Exit Strategy (Godwon Diss)
Mode9 - Talking to You.

Which is your favourite diss track ??

Written and Compiled. by Iamsynord

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by viceldo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
ok

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Precious91(m): 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Me sef wan diss person

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by 2dice(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
M.I Beef murdered Kelly-Hansome Career...
Kelly Hansome Igwe is still my dopesst diss song
Freemadness 3 or 4 ...where TerryG said
I no be abokii wey get ee dada ...
Is my funniest line by a Nigerian...
Me sef never see any Abokii WEy get Dada b4 cheesy

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
r olamide & m.i cool now?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by RedCard1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
Me sef dey diss INTROVERT. The title of the song is 'PARK WELL'. Make him park well make I enter front page.

7 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Rikidony(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
RedCard1:
Me sef dey diss INTROVERT. The title of the song is 'PARK WELL'. Make him park well make I enter front page.

lol
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hi people smiley

after the release of Trap styled And humour filled rap single TELEmundo

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/54878/by/3gOwfD2tJ1

and

well accepted afro beat track

otubante

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/18462/by/cRnKVDrt%7ED

The 1st official single of 2016 titled Tonight drops june 1st. Anticipate
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Correction.
Ehen wasn't directed at Mode 9.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
StarBoard:
Correction.
Ehen wasn't directed at Mode 9.
.Google Rugged. man eh ehn. and Where Safarigirl, AwesomeKing, airmark nd Chronique day ??
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Andyblaze: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
cool
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
Iamsynord:

.Google Rugged. man eh ehn
Sure.
Raskie, eedris and maintain were the guys he was going after.
Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
StarBoard:
Sure. Raskie, eedris and maintain were the guys he was going after. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Very true sir. made amendments
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Realgana(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Oga Titus is supposed to be among the notable mentions.

16 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by hatux: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
Lol cheesy... The only diss I enjoyed most was 'vector vs remi' and '9ice vs ruggedman'*remember 'seriki co-joined 9ice and they battled and finished ruggedman completely cheesy... Nice one synord smiley

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
hatux:
Lol cheesy... The only diss I enjoyed most was 'vector vs remi' and '9ice vs ruggedman'*remember 'seriki co-joined 9ice and they battled and finished ruggedman completely cheesy... Nice one synord smiley

Rugged sef try he released a word is enough for d 9ice.Then one of his protégé also releases one.but na 9ice people hear pass.The one I gbadun pass na kellyhandsome vs Choc boys

5 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Realgana(m): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Make I book this space for INTROVERT.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Realgana:
Oga Titus is supposed to be among the notable mentions.
Don jazzy has said its not a discs track
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Realgana(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Iamsynord:

Don jazzy has said its not a discs track
Okay,Never heard that.
Meanwhile OP you are doing great with your topics,this was how LALASTICLALA started.

6 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by hatux: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
Iamsynord:

Rugged sef try he released a word is enough for d 9ice.Then one of his protégé also releases one.but na 9ice people hear pass.The one I gbadun pass na kellyhandsome vs Choc boys
Yeah sure! I remember that too, kelly is a bad man that diss track is d0pe... Good one once again synord, keep it up bro wink
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
hatux:
Yeah sure! I remember that too, kelly is a bad man that diss track is d0pe... Good one once again synord, keep it up bro wink

thanks bro
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 18, 2015
Iamsynord:

Very true sir. made amendments
Thanks.
Best wishes to u sir.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by mesoade(m): 4:11am On Jul 18, 2015
How come you say it's popular and i never heard them except of course 'first of all - olamide'

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 18, 2015
mesoade:
How come you say it's popular and i never heard them except of course 'first of all - olamide'

lol..She loto ??
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Sommyangel(f): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2015
I just wonder how grown up men will go into the studio just to sing a beef song... Meanwhile u forgot oga titus

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by osamaBUSH(m): 7:11am On Jul 18, 2015
NINE by mode9
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by WisdomCanada(m): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2015
Airforce1 - such a diva

This is an ironical Diss song from nairaland's very own Airforce1 to Tonto Dike, being fully aware that Tonto Dike is not such a diva. grin grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2015
joylander:

Ruggedman dropped ‘Banging’, a song that focuses on the fact that he had made more money than Modenine. Check: “I’m on top of my game/your dissing attempts need crutches cos they so lame/I make money from my naija hip-hop/you’re broke and your album is flip flop”. With a crazy party beat, catchy chorus and I-no-fit-shout rhymes, ‘Banging’ turned out to be a suitable response to ‘Talking to You’.
I know.
Was just telling the OP that "ehen pt1" had nothing to do with Modey. the 9man hadn't even dropped his first single when the track dropped in 2002.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 18, 2015
WisdomCanada:
Airforce1 - such a diva

This is an ironical Diss song from nairaland's very own Airforce1 to Tonto Dike, being fully aware that Tonto Dike is not such a diva. grin grin grin cheesy
Tonto is an agbero. That track is a diss to all NLers ears.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Stuns On Red Carpet At An Event (pics) / Olamide And Fiancee, Bukunmi Suleiman Giving Gang Goals / Photo Of Don Jazzy Eating Pounded Yam And Plantain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.