Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry (40354 Views)

See How Nicki Minaj Responded To Remy Ma’s Diss Tracks With Three New Singles. / Eminem: The Rapper With Zero Fvcks, Top Ten Diss Tracks / The Snakes Sound Sultan Sees When He Looks At The Nigerian Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by queenfav(f): 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
1005 naira was a hit!The song was my anthem that year..

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by 812clothings(m): 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
2dice:
eehn ... I dey kus Genocide with only one rhyme
United nation suppose hold me for world crime ..
The one WEy I like pass naa
Eni ma Ku ...Ti reni ma pa
Eni ma Ku ... Wa n Fi eni ma pa gaa paa
Meaning
Person WEy wan Die ... Don see person WEy go Kill am
Person WEy wan Die ...Kon dey use Person WEy go kill am Play ...
**shey hin death no Be A1+
Cc hatux
hope you know sey him tasi olamide for the song with a line saying olamide is claiming what he's not and he hailed reminisce in the song clearly him diss olamide
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by 812clothings(m): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
What happened to AQ international rapper? Every rap lover will respect AQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by 2dice(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
812clothings:
hope you know sey him tasi olamide for the song with a line saying olamide is claiming what he's not and he hailed reminisce in the song clearly him diss olamide
its all for the mula
Dem dey shrine dey drink together
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by xtervaganza(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
Iamsynord:

Rugged sef try he released a word is enough for d 9ice.Then one of his protégé also releases one.but na 9ice people hear pass.The one I gbadun pass na kellyhandsome vs Choc boys
ruggedman Diss track with that of his boy was wack as crap

Both songs were the worst Diss tracks in Nigeria's history
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
queenfav:
1005 naira was a hit!The song was my anthem that year..
The video was even better
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by okoseun: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Mode 9's first single "it's about to get ugly" dropped around or before 2002

I know.
Was just telling the OP that "ehen pt1" had nothing to do with Modey. the 9man hadn't even dropped his first single when the track dropped in 2002.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Israel042: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
Iamsynord:
While diss Tracks date back to the Sunny ade Vs Ebenezer Obey ,kollington and Barrister era,the list will address only contemporary Hiphop Tracks

1) Nico gravity ( Finish timaya) - Nico gravity diss track for timaya.Finish Timaya was a Hit Track.He went ahead to release season 1 and season 2 and even shot a video for the track.

2) Tony Tetuila ( Omode Meta)- After leaving the Remedies,Tony tetuila released the Mega hit " omode Meta" which was a diss track targeted at former group mates, Eddy montana and Eedris Adbulkareem.The song gained wide prominence and is tagged as the father of contemporary afro pop in Nigeria.

3) Mallam Spicey ( 1005 naira) -After TerryG dissed Him in a one liner in Free madness part 1 where he said " Me i no be mallam spicey wey no day fourth bar" koba".Mallam spicey responded with 1005 naira bling bling wey boys day wear .The song became a hit and he shot a video for it.

4) RuggedMan (Eh Ehen) - This is arguably the first rap diss track in nigeria hiphop sphere where Rugged called out Eedris,and some other Mcs.The Song was a Hit and changed the Nigeria Rap scene.

5) Kelly handsome ( Igwe) - Igwe was a Diss track by Kelly handsome where he dissed the then Mo hits record and Choc city boys.The Song is one of his career's biggest and has a video to it.

6) Wande Coal ( Who born the Maga) - Wande Coal was the only Mo hits member who responded to the Kelly handsome diss with his " Who born the Maga" track off M2M album with kayswitch as a guest artiste. Wande Coal shot a video for it.

7) MI ( Beef) - Mi beef track was targeted at all those artistes that dissed him from Iceberg slim to kelly handsome and some other rappers. The Song was a Big hit and also has an interesting video

cool 9ice ( Talk am listening)- Following the altercation between Rugged and 9ice ,a couple of diss songs were released.But the most prominent of the diss track where rugged name was directly mentioned is Talk i am listening featuring Seriki.The song was a hit.

9) Olamide ( First of All) - Olamide Took a Jibe at Chocolate city Rapper Mi in his hit track ,First of all where he said " In short you can call me Mi,oga fun gan afi bi ti waje,. And lines like " different shows,one cloth ki lo fe fo se

10) Mode 9 ( Death Blow) / Eedris ( WackaWicki Mcs) - I dont know which should have made d list but i settled for d Two. When Death Blow came out. It was a hit.Death blow had part 1 and part 2.The song was directed at Ruggedman.The song remains one of Mode 9 biggest hit

Eedris Abdulkareem WackaWiki MCs was quite a Hit when it was released too..

pls Note ,it is not based on the illest or dopest diss tracks. It is solely based on the popularity of the diss tracks.

Notable mentions

Vector- Distractions ( Reminisce diss)
Vector - The truth ( Mode 9)
Rukus - The list
Aq- international rapper ( local rappers diss)
Yung6ix- one tweet.
Iceberg Slim - Mr international ( MI)
Sinzu- Exit Strategy (Godwon Diss)
Mode9 - Talking to You.

Which is your favourite diss track ??

Written and Compiled. by Iamsynord
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by PheezyLee(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
Olanrewaju pelepele's local reply (in reply to local rapper) and his cover for who you epp (badoo diss)... both are LIT! Worthy of mentioning.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by DerKaiser: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Some of the nicest diss-tracks I have heard from Nigeria are:

Mode 9 ft. Banky W - Talking to you.

M.I. ft. Ice Prince - Somebody wants to die

Rugged Man - Eh Hen (Not much of a diss-track but a reality check). He even said on the song: " this no be beef talk because if na im then e go be topic we market women go dey discuss for race course"

Kelly Hansome - Finish you boy

Mallam Spicey - 1005 Naira

Godwon - Over Analyse

Godwon - I've been waiting for you (This track was too personal and over the top in my opinion / Even Sauce Kid's Daughter and Baby Mama were not spared)
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by atilla(m): 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
Wait now sebi
9ice se farawe with M.I was a diss track. I think I prefer that to talk I am listening. Very direct and nice beats n Rhyming. What do u think?

@ iamsynord
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by CNARIOjoseph(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
3 DIS SAGAS THAT SHAPED RAP MUSIC IN NIGERIA

Rap music in Nigeria has evolved from being merely a positive medium through which talented youths across the country expressed their pain and small joys to being big business. One factor that has been instrumental to the process is the act of dissing which is an integral part of ‘MCing’. Initially, dissing was purely battle of wit—something meant to compel rappers to ‘up’ their act and invariably help in development of the art—until it metamorphosed to personal and gang wars. In our milieu, there had been several diss sagas but only few bore significance to development of the art of rapping.  We present a chronology of the diss sagas that moulded the game into it present manifestation in Nigeria.

OMODE META and WAKAWIKI MCs

The success of Tony Tetuila’s career after his fallout with the Remedies was pivoted on ‘Omode Meta’, a direct attack on Eddy and Eedris, particularly the latter, for allegedly sidelining Tony from their Kennis Music deal. The story went that Tony was only a mere backup dancer of sort in the group and this didn’t go down well with the one to be known later as “The Golden Boy of Africa”. Since Remedies were glaringly the harbinger of “Afro Hip-hop”, it appeared Tony was never going to have a career. Perhaps to primarily kill the hurt, he went ahead to team up with Ruff Rugged and Raw, Blackface and Tuface on ‘Omode Meta’.

Fortunately for him, the trio of Ruff Rugged and Raw as well as Blackface composed powerful verses with some crafty  launched at Eedris Abdulkareem.  That was the first recorded criticism heaved on Eedris’ rap style—one that involves him tongue-twisting his rhymes that were not only badly composed but also short of anything near the word “sense”. Blackface sums it up in this bit of advice “Go back to your ABCs, please/and try to learn what it takes to be an MC, stop spreading lyrical diseases” while the two other verses by Ruff Rugged and Raw were emblematic of mastery of Blackface meant by “what it takes to be an MC”.  With Tony on the catchy hook and Tuface on one of the best adlibs in the history of Naija Rap, ‘Omode Meta’ turned out to be a nationwide hit and huge lump in Eedris’ throat.

It didn’t take long for the other half of the Remedies to force the lump out in the form of ‘Wakawiki MCs’. Today, the track is considered one of the best diss tracks to emerge from the Nigerian music industry not necessarily because of the content but more about the style. He retained his tongue-twisting style but dropped clear statements about Tuface being the spine of Plantashun Boiz, an affirmation that foreshadowed the renowned pop group’s breakup and Tu Baba’s rise to fame (+ his impressive longevity). Also, since the diss in ‘Omode Meta’ was centered on Eedris’ customary disregard for solid content, he rubbed it in with ‘Wakawiki MCs’ by encoding the crux of his diss in an unofficial version of the Yoruba Language called Eno. For the benefit of some of us who had no patience to enquire about the meaning of the garbage in ‘Baby Konga’ some years back, Eno is a lingo used to convey ribald messages to specific people who understand and can decode it. It sounds like nonsense but really isn’t. Eedris clearly used it to say f**k yea to Tony Tetula and his ‘voltrons’ and hip-hop heads have come to see ‘Wakawiki MCs’ as an admirable artistic diss song.

EN EH and BIG BROS

Eedris Abdulkareem and Eddy Remedy continued ruling the mainstream like no man’s business until Ruggedman dropped the track ‘Ehen’. While ‘Omode Meta’ did little or no damage to Mr. Albdulkaereem’s career as a rapper, Ruggedman’s ‘Ehen’ unequivocally revealed the meaninglessness of his “lyrics” as captured in the question sarcastically asked by Nomoreloss in the popular chorus. “Wetin concern dudu and fufu?” is a poignant query of the meaning of “Dudu dudu yo give me some fufu…” considering the fact that what follows that line from ‘Sako mo’ was total crap beneath the guise of “tongue twisting”. Interestingly, ‘Ehen’ was also targeted at other rappers that were considered wack back then. The implication of lining Eedris up alongside Rasqie, Black Reverends and Maintain goes without saying. Given the height already attained by Eedris and more disparagingly, his hip-hop-badass-rapper swag, his name should ideally not be in such an amusing lineup of rappers. Coupled with the arguments in second verse, the rhyme “we fit make moni before this year over/ by selling tapes and Eedris okpats decoder”, Ruggedman successfully killed Eedris’ zeal for rap music to an end and marked the beginning of his singing career. It must also be noted that ‘Ehen’ partly contributed to the end of the careers of Rasqie and the Black Reverends and owing to the jabs at Maintain, it almost automatically became a taboo to rely on sampled beats.

While ‘Ehen’ addressed the shortcomings of some of the artistes ruling the mainstream at the time, ‘Big Bros’ exposed the glitches on Kenny Ogungbe and Dayo Adeneye’s renown. Ruggedman’s ‘Big Bros’ afforded Naija Rap Music lovers a rare sneak peek into the deceit and contractual shadiness existing between record label owners and their artistes. That was really huge.

BANGING and DEATH BLOW

It’s hard to trace the genesis of the beef between Ruggedman and Modenine. The two had consistently exchanged diss  lines, though without mentioning each other’s names, before things probably got complicated and Mode deemed it necessary to make unmasked references to Ruggedman through ‘Talking to You’. This is evident in the closure to the second verse of ‘Talking to You’: “…this Baba that Baba/You’re not a baba, you got intellect myopia/ so when Addis Ababa (, it’s not Ethiopia”. That line was all it took for Ruggedman to react. He immediately dropped ‘Banging’, a song that focuses on the fact that he had made more money than Modenine. Check: “I’m on top of my game/your dissing attempts need crutches cos they so lame/I make money from my naija hip-hop/you’re broke and your album is flip flop”.  With a crazy party beat, catchy chorus and I-no-fit-shout rhymes, ‘Banging’ turned out to be a suitable response to ‘Talking to You’.

The track however falls short of taking Modenine out lyrically as ‘heads’ could not really latch onto any exciting punchline. That gave probably gave Mode the inspiration to enter his lab and cook the Nigerian version of Ether: ‘Death Blow’. It could take us a four-paged word doc write-up to analyze ‘Death Blow’ but let’s just summarize it here using the conventional structure of an essay. The Intro features apt samples from Cannibus’ ‘Second Round Knockout’—one of the most technically outstanding diss songs in the history of hip-hop; the body includes crafty punchlines that detail many of Ruggedman’s personal shortcomings, the fact that the ‘wealth’ he boasted of wasn’t as much as that of Olu Maintain made years later and allusions to rhymes on Ruggedy Baba that suggested that the controversial rapper was lyrically zapped and probably never as good as many assumed; and the conclusion recaptures the curtains draw in ‘Talking to You’: You got intellect myopia/ so when I Adiasababa, it’s not Ethiopia. There was no way Ruggedman could have responded to Mode’s second round knockout, ‘Death Blow’. In fact, not responding to it was wise and his career owes its survival to that passivity.

Significantly, while ‘Banging’ expresses what Ruggedman believed should be the purpose of anyone looking to start a career in Naija rap, ‘Death Blow’ comes off as something like the industry’s version of ‘Shooting an Elephant’, a work of art reposed with inspiration—a guide to wining lyrical battles. Modenine unanimously won the beef saga yet the message in ‘Banging’ has made up-and-coming rappers define their purpose along its line as well as that of the album, Ruggedy Baba .In the end, the victory belonged to Ruggedman.  

http://blog.decodedlyrics.com/3-diss-sagas-that-shaped-rap-music-in-naija/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by iamdstar(m): 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
2 shots from a Nine: Mode9 featuring 2shot
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by IQnoCommon(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
Op why are you mis informing Nigeria? Who born the Maga was a response to which Kelly handsome song?i know kellyhandsome dissed mohits after the release of this song so how is it a diss song?abeg stop mis informing people
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by mostwantedguy: 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
mesoade:
How come you say it's popular and i never heard them except of course 'first of all - olamide'

Others were not released during your time, that's y u were able to hear first of all. And those that did came after, that u were not able to hear was caused by how u were chained at home from coming out.
When elders discuss history, children only listen and not contribute what they don,t know about. grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
The best 9ja rap diss I'v heard in a while is saucekid vs Godwon.....Not so popular tho...but if you want to listen to word play, good flow listen to it....Punchlines for the track no be here!

Sinzu - exit strategy (Godwon diss)
Godwon- I'v been waiting for you (sinzu diss)

1 Share

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jibsonified:

Naa ... I beg 2 differ, both of them were just playing on the beats. No names were mentioned directly or subliminally.

That being said, if we wanna throne a diss as best ever, I will pick Rukus' "The List" He lashed almost every one, Those that took his sting dissing cane more were Ice Prince, Neato C and Vector... Mehnn... I wept for them.

Second to the throne will be Boogey's... Hold on a sec. U guys never mentioned Boogey at all... Wow. This thread is incomplete without mentioning him. His highly precise, calculated and intelligent jabs are hard to forget. Listen to 5am in Lagos and Damage control.... Gawd that's the number1 rapper unfortunately not rated.
True yarns bro, we can't actually call M.I - f-u-c-k you a diss track, coz it wasn't directed to anybody....That rukus boi get liver oo, but not a good way to start as a young rapper. One hungry spitter most 9ja rappers wuldnt wanna f.uck with is PHENOM! That cat is a hungry spitter, I can vouch he'll win most rap battle.. I dunno boogey, but I'll download those tracks you recommended

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by oluamid(m): 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jibsonified:

Naa ... I beg 2 differ, both of them were just playing on the beats. No names were mentioned directly or subliminally.

That being said, if we wanna throne a diss as best ever, I will pick Rukus' "The List" He lashed almost every one, Those that took his sting dissing cane more were Ice Prince, Neato C and Vector... Mehnn... I wept for them.

Second to the throne will be Boogey's... Hold on a sec. U guys never mentioned Boogey at all... Wow. This thread is incomplete without mentioning him. His highly precise, calculated and intelligent jabs are hard to forget. Listen to 5am in Lagos and Damage control.... Gawd that's the number1 rapper unfortunately not rated.

You seem like someone who has actually listened to Nigerian rappers compared with most people here. However, the best diss song the Nigerian Music industry has seen is Deathblow by Modenine. As in ehn, just this line "The song you did with 9ice was nice because 9ice was in it" totally annihilated Ruggedman's career from that point. Rugged couldn't even reply. The dude had to resort to granting interviews and saying he was a richer artiste. lol. Besides, basically all of Modenine's tracks are diss songs.

Anyways, if you are looking for good hardcore Nigerian Diss track look for Elbow Room by Modenine and Spazmodic by Terry the Rapman ft Modenine. Thank me later. By the way, the only Nigerian rapper that could maybe go toe to toe with Modenine when it comes to diss is maybe Vector. Modenine will chew Boogey (he's actually a Modenine protege. Look for Dead Prez, nice track) and Rukus and throw their bones to the dogs. MI could do it once (the MI that dropped beef and somebody wants to die) but that MI is gone. Also look for the BET Nigerian Cypher that had X.O Senavoe, Naeto C, Sinzu, Modenine and MI in it then come and give your verdict.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Heineken(m): 12:20am On Apr 10, 2016
I love m.i's beef.. The song make brain....
That line "keep missing like yakubu" and "maybe they doing it to promote their album cos they know using my name gon make them sell some" mi the boss
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by oluamid(m): 12:22am On Apr 10, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
The best 9ja rap diss I'v heard in a while is saucekid vs Godwon.....Not so popular tho...but if you want to listen to word play, good flow listen to it....Punchlines for the track no be here!

Sinzu - exit strategy (Godwon diss)
Godwon- I'v been waiting for you (sinzu diss)

I've listened to both songs several times. Both were just dropping personals. You want punchline? Listen to the first line of Elbow Room by Modenine. "My train of thought run you over when you are on my track/ meaning i'm serving you on and off the court with what I spat". Gimme any line from Sinzu's 'Exit Strategy' and Godwon's 'I've been waiting for you' that beats that. undecided
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by oluamid(m): 12:30am On Apr 10, 2016
Heineken:
I love m.i's beef.. The song make brain....
That line "keep missing like yakubu" and "maybe they doing it to promote their album cos they know using my name gon make them sell some" mi the boss

MI was dope then. 'Here's some advice if you still wanna/ Go down the road go hug transformer.'

The witticism in that track was so on-point.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:36am On Apr 10, 2016
oluamid:

I've listened to both songs several times. Both were just dropping personals. You want punchline? Listen to the first line of Elbow Room by Modenine. "My train of thought run you over when you are on my track/ meaning i'm serving you on and off the court with what I spat". Gimme any line from Sinzu's 'Exit Strategy' and Godwon's 'I've been waiting for you' that beats that. undecided
Who was that track directed to? If mode9 didn't direct that track to anybody, it isn't a diss track!!!
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by oluamid(m): 12:40am On Apr 10, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Who was that track directed to? If mode9 didn't direct that track to anybody, it isn't a diss track!!!

You were awed with the punchlines of Sinzu and Godwon and I showed you that both are learners when it comes to punchlines. As for Diss tracks, Do you want me to quote all the punchlines in Dead Blow or Talking To You for you?
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:03am On Apr 10, 2016
oluamid:

You were awed with the punchlines of Sinzu and Godwon and I showed you that both are learners when it comes to punchlines. As for Diss tracks, Do you want me to quote all the punchlines in Dead Blow or Talking To You for you?
I still maintain my stance bro. I mentioned sauce kid vs godwon, coz they have a "diss track"targeted @ both of them....mode9 sang dead blow which had punchlines but it wasn't targetted @ nobody. Hence, it can't be classified a diss track.....mode is good. But when we compare the disstrack of 2people targetted @ eachother, for a while now....I think none is more stronger thaan sauce & godwon. The rest were just shallow nothing strong! If you listen to nas ether vs jayz takeover, that's how beef ought to be. And that's the way sauce vs godwon was. Not some shallow bullshit where fans & media will be speculating who &who the track might be talkng about

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Soso990240(m): 2:05am On Apr 10, 2016
Iamsynord:

.Google Rugged. man eh ehn. and Where Safarigirl, AwesomeKing, airmark nd Chronique day ??
Ehe eh was for Rasqui, Eedris abdulkareem,and maintain(Olu and Tolu). definitely,nt for Mode 9.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Soso990240(m): 2:09am On Apr 10, 2016
Iamsynord:

Don jazzy has said its not a discs track
what do u expect him to say? Moreover,he is nt d owner of d song.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by oluamid(m): 3:06am On Apr 10, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

I still maintain my stance bro. I mentioned sauce kid vs godwon, coz they have a "diss track"targeted @ both of them....mode9 sang dead blow which had punchlines but it wasn't targetted @ nobody. Hence, it can't be classified a diss track.....mode is good. But when we compare the disstrack of 2people targetted @ eachother, for a while now....I think none is more stronger thaan sauce & godwon. The rest were just shallow nothing strong! If you listen to nas ether vs jayz takeover, that's how beef ought to be. And that's the way sauce vs godwon was. Not some shallow bullshit where fans & media will be speculating who &who the track might be talkng about

Lol. It shows that you are not well grounded in Nigerian rap. Deathblow was a diss track released during the biggest beef of the Nigerian music industry till date: Modenine vs Ruggedman. In fact, Deathblow has been hailed as the Nigerian version of 'Ether' even on this thread and the song even sampled Nas' original version. And just to nail the coffin, Sinzu and Godwon do not have one fifth of the popularity of Modenine and Ruggedman when both were in their prime or even now that they are no longer as popular.

There was no room for speculation in Deathblow because it was well laced with personals which even a deaf person would know was targeted at Ruggedman and yes, Ruggedman's name was mentioned and the beef was all over the media. Sorry, what year did you started listening to Nigerian rap cos I'm really surprised?

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Heineken(m): 5:56am On Apr 10, 2016
oluamid:

MI was dope then. 'Here's some advice if you still wanna/ Go down the road go hug transformer.'

The witticism in that track was so on-point.
seriously the guy is good.. I repeated that song back then.. He even mentioned his name.. He said "kenechukwu clap for your self, weldone" mi is good
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Simitrendy: 7:35am On Apr 10, 2016
[b]

Iamsynord that Distractions by Vector ft AQ is my best anytime.

The rap was tight, like I was pitying Reminisce

Vector was like Dumb fool u don't frighten Pig. Cause you bleached doesn't make you enlightened pig.

Your album like a bag of chips they made no sale.

Thank God d diss ended cause Reminisce featured in King Kong Remix
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by AdultMaleNegro(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2016
This was how vector destroyed Reminisce:

1. because u bleach ur skin don't mean u ar enlightened

2. ur album reminds me of headphones, did u even spit?

3. no lyrics, just beats

4. from the picture that I saw, u are an eyesore.

5. I heard ur song. even toolz knows the beat made u.

6. Death is sure for any other opponent, I'm the rave of the moment, u are the grave in a moment.

y'all shud go listen to DISTRACTIONS

#VeeHeeCee

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Middlefinger1: 8:01am On Apr 10, 2016
They is a diss track on mi (I can't remember the first tittle) done by a guy that calls himself MI2, he also did a reply to MI's beef.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Diss Tracks In The Nigerian Music Industry by Emelcee: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2016
Op your list is fake because, SHORT ABOKI by MI2 is not there..... It was one of the best diss track then...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Vs Zlatan Ibile: Gbe Body And Zanku Legwork Dance (photos) / Actress Kate Henshaw Shows Off Her Abs(photo) / Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe Shows Muscular Body In New Workout Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.