Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In (21907 Views)

Htc One M7, Who Has A Spoilt Panel / Samsung S4 (Spoilt Screen) For Sale / Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by paulmarkino: 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
abiambo:
i can sell as many as you want to you ... it will only take a month, but less if i have to pay for shipping..
Please I need 2 or 3 I will pay for the shipping
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by abiambo(m): 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Whatsapp me @ 08064997***
paulmarkino:

Please I need 2 or 3 I will pay for the shipping
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by donhils: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2015
I have 2 dead hp laptop batteries. What should I do?
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by horlash96: 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
abiambo:
Whatsapp me @ 08064997409

Where do you base?
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by abiambo(m): 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
Phc
horlash96:

Where do you base?
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yemmyteespeed007:
Hello nairalanders;

I just feel like sharing with you this info. I came accross some old laptop batteries from a friend which I grabbed since its useless to him. Then I planned to make a phone power bank with the six cells (it was samsung, 2600mah each) I found inside it after I disassembling it.
I did nothing much though, as I just ordered a diy 18650 li-ion power bank case from aliexpress which only cost $4.65 (less than 1k) which i got in less than 4weeks and since then my phone battery doesn't get flat, as it can fully charge the 2100mah battery upto 4times as weak as the battery is.
So instead of buying a "likely fake" powerbank at high cost, you can just make 1 for urself if u possess the battery.
NOTE;
STRICTLY FOR {LITHIUM ION} BATTERY TYPE

ALSO TAKE NOTE OF THE BATTERY POLLARITY WHEN INSTALLING THE BATTERY SO AS NOT TO GET THE CIRCUIT DAMAGED.

Goodluck.
If you have any queries you may drop it.

Pls what was the interval between when you ordered it online and when the casing arrived?
Besides did the post office called to inform you of its arrival or how did you know?
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Soclose007(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
Yemmyteespeed007:
Hello nairalanders;

I just feel like sharing with you this info. I came accross some old laptop batteries from a friend which I grabbed since its useless to him. Then I planned to make a phone power bank with the six cells (it was samsung, 2600mah each) I found inside it after I disassembling it.
I did nothing much though, as I just ordered a diy 18650 li-ion power bank case from aliexpress which only cost $4.65 (less than 1k) which i got in less than 4weeks and since then my phone battery doesn't get flat, as it can fully charge the 2100mah battery upto 4times as weak as the battery is.
So instead of buying a "likely fake" powerbank at high cost, you can just make 1 for urself if u possess the battery.
NOTE;
STRICTLY FOR {LITHIUM ION} BATTERY TYPE

ALSO TAKE NOTE OF THE BATTERY POLLARITY WHEN INSTALLING THE BATTERY SO AS NOT TO GET THE CIRCUIT DAMAGED.

Goodluck.
If you have any queries you may drop it.
please do u have any video on this? please kindly share with me .thanks in advance
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Soclose007(m): 9:37am On Oct 18, 2015
Yemmyteespeed007:

Sorry i can't
please bro do make a video and share us the link.. I kinda lost. thank u
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by baba11(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2015
I am interested...who still has the casing to sell? embarassed
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by wolero7(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2015
Nice Thread.
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
Can someone order the case for me?
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by chinnyonwu(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2015
hi Yemmyteespeed007 ,
i have a powerbank giving me problems. the battery cells are still good though so this could be my solution.
however it only has 5 battery cells (as against 6 that this ur battery case has)
how can i go about it? Im curently in Aba, Abia state.
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by fotadmowmend(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
hmm ...... Brave ! It a good idea .
The idea of usin solding iron is bad cos lead will not stay on bat3 terminals . I hav a question . Pls kind of charger will be used in charging it cos average PC bat3 charges with 17-19v . Also, pls explain how to reduce the output of the pwr bank to 5v needed in charging a phone

1 Like

Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:52am On Dec 05, 2015
did mine yesterday ...got the casing like 5days after making the order ..not free shipping though cause I used an agent to ship it with another product I bought...working fine now though charging seems o make a little bit long.....thanks op

its simple to make just assemble the battery with the correct polarity into he power bank. casing as if you are Inserting a battery to a tv remote control .. (notice the casing was hard to open)

video tutorials also on YouTube.....

thanks op
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by ewizard1: 11:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
Anyone got the casing foe sell? How many battery spaces are available?
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:18am On Dec 12, 2015
AYODEJI4LOVE:
did mine yesterday ...got the casing like 5days after making the order ..not free shipping though cause I used an agent to ship it with another product I bought...working fine now though charging seems o make a little bit long.....thanks op

its simple to make just assemble the battery with the correct polarity into he power bank. casing as if you are Inserting a battery to a tv remote control .. (notice the casing was hard to open)

video tutorials also on YouTube.....

thanks op

You are welcome.
I experienced slow charging at 1st, then I got yo know its from the usb cable, get original usb it will charge faster

1 Like

Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:24am On Dec 12, 2015
fotadmowmend:
hmm ...... Brave ! It a good idea .
The idea of usin solding iron is bad cos lead will not stay on bat3 terminals . I hav a question . Pls kind of charger will be used in charging it cos average PC bat3 charges with 17-19v . Also, pls explain how to reduce the output of the pwr bank to 5v needed in charging a phone

Read the post very well your anwers are there.
The circuit board is inside the casing, extract the cells from ur laptop battery , and arrange it in the casing. Polarity is crucial!!!
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:30am On Dec 12, 2015
chinnyonwu:
hi Yemmyteespeed007 ,
i have a powerbank giving me problems. the battery cells are still good though so this could be my solution.
however it only has 5 battery cells (as against 6 that this ur battery case has)
how can i go about it? Im curently in Aba, Abia state.

You can verywell use it, but you have to pack the remaining space with paper incase it falls. Even it will work with one cell. But don mix battery of different capacity/type/brand.
you can get one with 5 battery space too, but bigger battery space has more advantage.
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by chinnyonwu(m): 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Yemmyteespeed007:

You can verywell use it, but you have to pack the remaining space with paper incase it falls. Even it will work with one cell. But don mix battery of different capacity/type/brand.
you can get one with 5 battery space too, but bigger battery space has more advantage.
ok, how can i get it? I'm curently in Aba, Abia state.
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by chinnyonwu(m): 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
abiambo:
Whatsapp me @ 08064997***
how can i get this casing? I'm curently in Aba, Abia state
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by baba11(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2015
chinnyonwu:

ok, how can i get it? I'm curently in Aba, Abia state.
I'm interested too...
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by abiambo(m): 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
chinnyonwu:

how can i get this casing? I'm curently in Aba, Abia state
get it on ebay... the last person i tried to help ended up behaving like i wanted to steal his 1500 lol....
get a paypal acct. its easy and register on ebay buy it.... but if u insist whatsapp in the evenings 08064... save the no ill remove it soon

1 Like

Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by baba11(m): 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
abiambo:

get it on ebay... the last person i tried to help ended up behaving like i wanted to steal his 1500 lol....
get a paypal acct. its easy and register on ebay buy it.... but if u insist whatsapp in the evenings 08064997409... save the no ill remove it soon
I pm u shocked
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by ewizard1: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2015
abiambo:

get a paypal acct. its easy and register on ebay buy it.... but if u insist whatsapp in the evenings 08064997409... save the no ill remove it soon
I whatsapped you. Please whats the biggest case available. I already have like 12 - 15 batteries. I want to build one massive PB. I have summed up all my batteries to a 32,400mah. grin
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:54pm On May 01, 2016
ewizard1:

I whatsapped you. Please whats the biggest case available. I already have like 12 - 15 batteries. I want to build one massive PB. I have summed up all my batteries to a 32,400mah. grin
I have seen for 8cells, you may get two.
That 15 will be too big
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by ewizard1: 10:39pm On May 01, 2016
Yemmyteespeed007:
I have seen for 8cells, you may get two. That 15 will be too big
You have the cases?
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by femdevcon(f): 7:20am On May 02, 2016
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by johnsonsegxy: 8:00am On May 02, 2016
Yemmyteespeed007:

I have seen for 8cells, you may get two.
That 15 will be too big
Hello bro! How can i contact you? I need one or two of that case... I want to make my own power bank coz i am tired of all this fake PB jare.

Thanks.
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2016
johnsonsegxy:

Hello bro! How can i contact you? I need one or two of that case... I want to make my own power bank coz i am tired of all this fake PB jare.

Thanks.

sorry sir. I don't sell the box. you may use those online stores like aliexpress. you can even get it in lagos, although I dont know the exact store.
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by johnsonsegxy: 11:28am On May 07, 2016
Yemmyteespeed007:

sorry sir. I don't sell the box. you may use those online stores like aliexpress. you can even get it in lagos, although I dont know the exact store.

Can aliexpress ship one piece to me? This is where i need a partner or someone that want to or about to ship, so that i will just add money for him to ship my own along.

can you give me the site once again sir?

Thanks God bless.
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by nenergy(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2017
The DIY case is now available on Jumia for less than 2k. Just search for "DIY Power Bank"
Re: If You Own A Spoilt Laptop Battery, Come In by nenergy(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2017
johnsonsegxy:

Can aliexpress ship one piece to me? This is where i need a partner or someone that want to or about to ship, so that i will just add money for him to ship my own along.

can you give me the site once again sir?

Thanks God bless.
The DIY case is now available on Jumia for less than 2k. Just search for "DIY Power Bank"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Android Apps By Nigerians That Will Change Your Life / 13 Cheapest Data Plans In Nigeria 2018 (MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile) / Pictures from Camon X Clear Selfie university tour around Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.