Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,545 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) (49595 Views)

Economy: PDP Asks Buhari To Resign, And Nigerians React (screenshots) / Oby Ezekwesili To Quit Social Media Throughout Next Year (see Tweet) / What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Moheat(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
talented143:
Busy Listening to 102.1 BIAFRA[b]Busy Listening to 102.1 BIAFRA[/b]Busy Listening to 102.1 BIAFRA

How do I get to listen to the radio?

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Hemanwel(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
Snowflake002:
Wait. Less than 2mnths is unrealistic 4 what you are asking 4, except u ask it from a magician lipsrsealed
When is the #fullnessoftime?Perhaps 2 years?3 years? Or in his second term?Just like the past administration?Again I ask: where is the "CHANGE"?
Did you just say 2 months is unrealistic??It took Goodluck Jonathan,a civilian,6 weeks to chase out the terrorists out of the captured Nigerian territories,remember? With Gwoza being the last town to be recaptured on the eve of the general elections.Why cant an ex-Army General do so in 2 months?If he knew 2 months was unrealistic to defeat insurgency,why did he promise to "crush" them in two weeks,during the campaigns.Isn't that why you and I voted him??
I am neither an APC nor PDP fan.I am just a realist.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by talented143(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
mavinc4u:

I heard yesterday night on channels tv that the station has been jamed and the owner arrested so how are you listening or it was normal lies

It's Lies

biafraradio.co select ur preferred language.

or if u are within the east area, tune 102.1
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by tamertery(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
londongal03:
Rip English

amen!!! bt u still need help tho.... my candid advice is, u go get one.... wink
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by lexy2014: 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
Visocrate:

that ma can never give any post to the south east again reason best known to him ruling against religious and ethnographic lines and calls himself a president under federal system of government no blame ma sha lack of school dey cause am
buhari hasn't given posts 2 urhobos, tivs, idomas, kalabari, ijebus, gwaris, itsekiris, isokos, ibibio, kanuri, langtang e.t.c. If d president doesn't give posts 2 all these tribes, then u are saying he is ruling along " religious and ethnographic lines".
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by lexy2014: 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
Utchgirl:
Oby d campaigner of BBOG !

Who r u asking dt silly question?

Direct it 2 d Duara Dullard

U r busy shouting BBOG whn GEJ wz in power and suddenly, u cease 2 shout BBOG whn baba one chance became d prsident .

D daura dullar'd is really trying to stop BH. We r seeing ur efforts. Keep it up.
"Who r u asking dt silly question?

Direct it 2 d Duara Dullard"

In response 2 your questions above, Madam oby's question went thus: "How long b4 FG restores dignity 2 life"? what does FG mean and who is d head of FG?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by lexy2014: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
themilanway:
I thought you guys said all she ever did was to unecessarily criticize Jonathan and his government and that she is lobbying for a ministerial job in Buhari's government?

Is she no longer doing all of the above or what?

Most of you digruntled Jonathan supporters are nothing but hypocrites and confused human beings.
my brother d tin tire me. Some people just criticise 4d sake of it
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by lexy2014: 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
buskie13:
foolish woman...when GEJ was on seat...u never threw a humble question such as this if not for de insults u n ur crew showered on de past administration... bear it in mind that u n APC used boko haram n security as a campaign tool against de previous govt...it's time u guys really need to know how it felt n how to handle it....as of now...permit me to say y'all are clueless n don't know wat to do concerning this situation
No matter how much some of u keep blaming others 4 jonathans defeat at d polls, it won't bring him back as president. Even if u cry and mourn all day, it doesn't change anything. D reality on ground is that we are stuck with buhari 4d next few years whether we like it or not. D focus now is how 2 make progress going forward. Nigeria isn't about buhari or jonathan. just as buhari emerged after jonathan, so will another president emerge after buhari. Govt must continue. Like they say, soldier go soldier come, barrack still remain. Nigeria is what we've got not jonathan and not buhari
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by AlabaSlim: 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
Israel5:
Buhari: tha injury inflicted by fast adiministiration was qwite burutal but zan't wori, we are zoing tha best we can and i ahsshure Nijerians that they wil hav a quorse to smile again walahi.

Mehn, I don laugh tire
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
eph12:

You should be a comedian. Okonjo Iweala and Ezekwesili are two different people.

Thanks...I will leave my jobless to attempt comedy soon. Madam due process was part of the OBJ government. If I'm right, she was in charge of education at some point. If she had done her job well, the northerners would be educated enough to know whats right or wrong. Lack of education is responsible for the bh menace.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Chigold101:
buhari is one of the past heads of state... so she is right to ask him...

Good point.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hemanwel:
So where is the "CHANGE"??
If this government keeps treading the path of other failed administration,where then is the fuc.king "CHANGE"??

Good question. Una don enter once chance. tongue
But baba go slow is the president now, so we have to wait and see what he does.
Support him or not, if he succeeds as a president, we all benefit. So lets give him our support.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
emmasege:
This quantum of BH attacks had disappeared in the twilight of GEJ's administration. It's not expected that the attacks should escalate now that we have a war veteran as President, who also seems to have enjoyed the support of blood-thirsty Sharia advocates over the years. Buhari should perform his magics which he & his party used in scamming gullible & undiscerning minds.

Don't be fooled. It never disappeared. But due to politics, Jona took them more seriously in those 6 weeks to get re election. Once reelection did not happen, he withdrew his mercernaries and bh issues started again. Overall, he never did anything to curb bh permanently.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
D33VA:

R u foo. .lish or is dis a deliberate attempt to sound so?? Did u vote in a new administration to continue d ills of d former one?

Ma'am with all respect, you just insulted me over a difference in opinion. This is a public forum, and we should all be respectful to each other. Lets exhibit some maturity here. Thanks.

And to answer your question, no, we voted the new admininstration to correct the mistakes of the old one. But having one of the former leaders in nigeria being hypocritical is my issue here.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
buchilino:

till d bombing reaches ur doorstep, then u will understand how serious dis issue is

Why would you wish me bad because we see things differently? well, I hope the bombing does not reach your doorstep (or any of your friends and family). It's my hope and prayer for every Nigerian.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bonapart:
you people are irritating

We people? Who is us pls?

Do you want everyone is this world to have the same opinion as you? That'd be boring.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
Defcon1:

stop relegating responsibility.
stop blaming the previous regime.
The same thing was asked of the previous government...because it was their responsibility at the time to ensure security.
The present government and their supporters should quit the blame game and sit up to their responsibility.
By your logic if you were made the new CEO of a company, and your employees are complaining about poor working conditions, you'd tell them to blame your predecessor for their plight. Why then were you appointed? To earn a bigger salary or to find solutions to problems?

Good points tho. I agree even though some issues will take a longer time and effort to correct. My problem was more with Madam due process than what was said.This is not an issue where you can just throw money at or change in policy. Compare this with a company having infrastructure problems and limited resources. You can rightly blame previous ceos for their poor maintenance culture.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

That is why we voted Buhari....so that we can see how he would improve over PDP.

It is going to take time....mistakes made over 16 years cannot be fixed in two months....but we need some action from the govt.

Finally someone that makes sense.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by mckay06(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
merry02:
Give this woman ministeral appointment pls,she ll keep quiet!madam scama

U're happy dat dis people are dying right? Someone who has the voice is talking sense into Buhari's developing brain and u're here suffering from ministerial mouth-diarrhoea. May bh mayhem never sight u.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by nwasteve(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
igben:
she should apologies to GEJ sad sad sad

For what
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by lapaix4real: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
Stupid woman,u will leave to reap what u sow,Oga don dey disappoint u?ur body go tell u
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Ndeewonu: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hahahahah!
I laugh in Fulfude!!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by merry02(m): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Is this all you can say ? Shame on you. So everyone that asks questions from Government is looking for appointment? Its people like you that are destroying this country. I spit on your grave !!!
u ll go b4 me man!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Ndeewonu: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hemanwel:
When is the #fullnessoftime?Perhaps 2 years?3 years? Or in his second term?Just like the past administration?Again I ask: where is the "CHANGE"?
Did you just say 2 months is unrealistic??It took Goodluck Jonathan,a civilian,6 weeks to chase out the terrorists out of the captured Nigerian territories,remember? With Gwoza being the last town to be recaptured on the eve of the general elections.Why cant an ex-Army General do so in 2 months?If he knew 2 months was unrealistic to defeat insurgency,why did he promise to "crush" them in two weeks,during the campaigns.Isn't that why you and I voted him??
I am neither an APC nor PDP fan.I am just a realist.

The truth is better. Yet, only the truth can set us free!
People will curse yu; Vuvuzelas will attempt to crush you for saying the truth, but you the truth does not change!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by obichiekweibe59: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
Mrs Ezekwesili,pls face other matters,like the marginalization of ibos in this new government.
I honestly hope you can invest as much energy you did in BBOG into fighting the course of the Igbos who are gradually being sidelined by Buhari.
Pls hold your side,these girls are mothers now wherever they are and our govt is ok with it like that.
BH is much more larger than the govt of this country.
So lets hear word.
You can try "LET MY PEOPLE GO" campaign this time around.You will get more support from the dispora and within.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by emmasege: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
deniyor:

Don't be fooled. It never disappeared. But due to politics, Jona took them more seriously in those 6 weeks to get re election. Once reelection did not happen, he withdrew his mercernaries and bh issues started again. Overall, he never did anything to curb bh permanently.
Jonathan lost election in March while Buhari had two solid months to prepare his own mercenaries. A prepared man would have got his mercenaries in place before May 29 & swung into action immediately. It's almost two months since buhari assumed office. If it took a civilian president less than two months to bring BH to its lowest ebb, it shouldn't take a "military" president more than that period. For Christ's sake, it's almost four months since he won the election. PMB should've built on GEJ's little success in that regard, but he chose to discountenace what his predecessor achieved in a bid to score cheap political point and please his G-7 bosses. What's the rationale behind dismantling those road blocks which had hindered the movement of those animals hitherto? The military had boxed them into a corner & restricted their activities to s small region, a success the president could've taken advantage of. But what did he do?, he broke the siege which enabled them to disperse, regroup & restategise attacks in areas that had rested from BH attacks.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by deniyor: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
emmasege:
Jonathan lost election in March while Buhari had two solid months to prepare his own mercenaries. A prepared man would have got his mercenaries in place before May 29 & swung into action immediately. It's almost two months since buhari assumed office. If it took a civilian president less than two months to bring BH to its lowest ebb, it shouldn't take a "military" president more than that period. For Christ's sake, it's almost four months since he won the election. PMB should've built on GEJ's little success in that regard, but he chose to discountenace what his predecessor achieved in a bid to score cheap political point and please his G-7 bosses. What's the rationale behind dismantling those road blocks which had hindered the movement of those animals hitherto? The military had boxed them into a corner & restricted their activities to s small region, a success the president could've taken advantage of. But what did he do?, he broke the siege which enabled them to disperse, regroup & restategise attacks in areas that had rested from BH attacks.

I agree

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by eph12(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
deniyor:

Thanks...I will leave my jobless to attempt comedy soon. Madam due process was part of the OBJ government. If I'm right, she was in charge of education at some point. If she had done her job well, the northerners would be educated enough to know whats right or wrong. Lack of education is responsible for the bh menace.
Lack of education? Lol. Let them keep lying to themselves. Lack of education would make someone blow others up? Very lame and useless excuse. But anyways whatever you feel it is man.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by cuteboy2: 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
patriotic007:
what troubles me most in not the fact that boko haram still remains in existence because it will be unfair to expect buhari to perform miracles.......but what troubles me most is the fact that the army has not even made any concrete step since buhari came.....only meeting upon meetings with different people buhari has been embarking on......by now we should be counting the number of raids by our army on BH positions .....
we should be counting the number of airstrikes by our airforce on BH...we should be counting the number town liberated from them.......but nothing...instead we are counting suicide bombs and raids by BH

Spot on!!!

Totally agree with you. 6 weeks to the April 2015 election GEJ made what seemed like an impossible promise that he drive BH out of the dreaded Sambisa Forest and recover all lost local governments in Borno State. Nigerian took this promise with a gallon of salt. No Nigerian believed him. I certainly did not.

It was a shocked nation that watched as the army suddenly took the fight to BH, storming the Sambisa forest, overran many BH camps we did not even know, recovered all the LGAs. Normalcy returned to Maiduguri. Bombings ceased altogether. New military hardware were purchased to beef up the military arsenal across all the services. I remember 4 new warships were inaugurated by GEJ.

To crown it all, over 4OO girls taken by Boko Haram were recovered. Nigerians praised GEJ and berated him why he left it too late if he could do all these in just 6 short weeks.

We all thought that once Buhari comes in, it will just be a home run to completely route BH and achieve the last bit of finding and returning the Chibok girls.

Alas, the nation is now reeling in shock as it seems the military is once again in retreat, and Boko Haram has expanded the spate of bombings from the North East to North Central States of Kaduna and Plateau states. Now it is not just one bombing every day. Some days, they even have the boldness to carry out 2 bombings!! angry angry

I was both pained and disgusted watching Lai Mohammed on Channels TV this morning trying to pull wool over the eyes of Nigerians by saying that the Buhari govt is indeed winning the fight against BH, and the current spate of daily bombings is an indication that BH is about to be annihilated that is why they are spate is on the upsurge. Are these people living in this same country??

Travelling to neighbouring countries to seek support and build MNJTF was heavily criticized by the Buhari Campaign Organisation anchored by Lai Mohammed as a sign of a weak President. It sold to the electorates that once the "New Sheriff in Town" (as Lai Mohammed likes to refer to President Buhari , a man who drove Maitatsine Islamic militants, General Buhari, steps into Aso Rock, BH will receive the trashing of their lives. Nigerians were elated and voted massively for Buhari. Even victims of his previous military regime forgot their previous travails in his hands and rooted for him.

Alas, now what do we have? President Buhari is doing the same travelling, cap in hand, even to the ambivalent Western nations, begging them to come and help us defeat BH. Haba!

How low will politicians descend to, in lying to their people?

It is distressing to watch human beings being killed daily in such mindless fashion. If Buhari cannot improve on the very visible progress made by the previous government during the last 6 weeks of that administration, he should at least keep things from sliding downwards. I don't think this is too much to ask of him.

THE STRONG GOODWILL OF NIGERIANS IS STILL THERE. BUHARI SHOULD DO EVERYTHING TO KEEP IT.

NIGERIANS NEED REAL CHANGE!!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Petitol(m): 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
Chaiii, may God help us
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by cuteboy2: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
emmasege:
Jonathan lost election in March while Buhari had two solid months to prepare his own mercenaries. A prepared man would have got his mercenaries in place before May 29 & swung into action immediately. It's almost two months since buhari assumed office. If it took a civilian president less than two months to bring BH to its lowest ebb, it shouldn't take a "military" president more than that period.

For Christ's sake, it's almost four months since he won the election. PMB should've built on GEJ's little success in that regard, but he chose to discountenace what his predecessor achieved in a bid to score cheap political point and please his G-7 bosses. What's the rationale behind dismantling those road blocks which had hindered the movement of those animals hitherto?

The military had boxed them into a corner & restricted their activities to s small region, a success the president could've taken advantage of. But what did he do?, he broke the siege which enabled them to disperse, regroup & re-strategise attacks in areas that had rested from BH attacks.

Solid points.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Ndeewonu: 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
cuteboy2:

Spot on!!!

Totally agree with you. 6 weeks to the April 2015 election GEJ made what seemed like an impossible promise that he drive BH out of the dreaded Sambisa Forest and recover all lost local governments in Borno State. Nigerian took this promise with a gallon of salt. No Nigerian believed him. I certainly did not.

It was a shocked nation that watched as the army suddenly took the fight to BH, storming the Sambisa forest, overran many BH camps we did not even know, recovered all the LGAs. Normalcy returned to Maiduguri. Bombings ceased altogether. New military hardware were purchased to beef up the military arsenal across all the services. I remember 4 new warships were inaugurated by GEJ.

To crown it all, over 4OO girls taken by Boko Haram were recovered. Nigerians praised GEJ and berated him why he left it too late if he could do all these in just 6 short weeks.

We all thought that once Buhari comes in, it will just be a home run to completely route BH and achieve the last bit of finding and returning the Chibok girls.

Alas, the nation is now reeling in shock as it seems the military is once again in retreat, and Boko Haram has expanded the spate of bombings from the North East to North Central States of Kaduna and Plateau states. Now it is not just one bombing every day. Some days, they even have the boldness to carry out 2 bombings!! angry angry

I was both pained and disgusted watching Lai Mohammed on Channels TV this morning trying to pull wool over the eyes of Nigerians by saying that the Buhari govt is indeed winning the fight against BH, and the current spate of daily bombings is an indication that BH is about to be annihilated that is why they are spate is on the upsurge. Are these people living in this same country??

Travelling to neighbouring countries to seek support and build MNJTF was heavily criticized by the Buhari Campaign Organisation anchored by Lai Mohammed as a sign of a weak President. It sold to the electorates that once the "New Sheriff in Town" (as Lai Mohammed likes to refer to President Buhari , a man who drove Maitatsine Islamic militants, General Buhari, steps into Aso Rock, BH will receive the trashing of their lives. Nigerians were elated and voted massively for Buhari. Even victims of his previous military regime forgot their previous travails in his hands and rooted for him.

Alas, now what do we have? President Buhari is doing the same travelling, cap in hand, even to the ambivalent Western nations, begging them to come and help us defeat BH. Haba!

How low will politicians descend to, in lying to their people?

It is distressing to watch human beings being killed daily in such mindless fashion. If Buhari cannot improve on the very visible progress made by the previous government during the last 6 weeks of that administration, he should at least keep things from sliding downwards. I don't think this is too much to ask of him.

THE STRONG GOODWILL OF NIGERIANS IS STILL THERE. BUHARI SHOULD DO EVERYTHING TO KEEP IT.

NIGERIANS NEED REAL CHANGE!!!

It appears you have not been in the country. Expecting Buhari to deal with Boko Haram is like expecting a father to kill his child for your sake!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Ojukwu And Buhari / Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) / Elisha Abbo Eats With Prison Inmates On New Year Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.