Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) (49591 Views)

Economy: PDP Asks Buhari To Resign, And Nigerians React (screenshots) / Oby Ezekwesili To Quit Social Media Throughout Next Year (see Tweet) / What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2015
alabiyemmy:

Shut up! Keep finding excuse. Didnt he know before he was screaming change as if it was going to be magical.

Good morning to you.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2015
chigoizie7:

That woman is a hypocrite,

Dankie

Good am....and do try to be more courteous to people you disagree with old chap.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by ajepako(f): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2015
themilanway:
I thought you guys said all she ever did was to unecessarily criticize Jonathan and his government and that she is lobbying for a ministerial job in Buhari's government?

Is she no longer doing all of the above or what?

Most of you digruntled Jonathan supporters are nothing but hypocrites and confused human beings.

You are either slow or a hypocrite if you fail to see that she is playing according to a script..
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by ajepako(f): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2015
xkris11:
Why are you all bashing her?she is asking the right questions

Or she is playing according to a script
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by chigoizie7(m): 10:45am On Jul 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Good am....and do try to be more courteous to people you disagree with old chap.

Dankie
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by churchmind: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2015
cuteboy2:
Following yesterday's boko haram latest bombings at Gombe and Damaturu, Oby Ezekwesili, former Minister and Coordinator of BBOG has asked a very profound and troubling question:

[size=16pt]"How long before Federal Government restores dignity of life in Nigeria?"[/size]

This is a fundamental question President Buhari should answer without delay, because people are getting tired of these daily killings.

We never saw this level of carnage even during the worst days of GEJ govt?

See Oby's tweet and pic below. Viewer discretion advised

my people our new enemy r d journalist APC,TINIBUTHIEF,BOKO HARI,has bought them such dat they do as they r told e.g wat d meaning of 50 n d same 50 pple kill in diff state dat funny
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by queenzibah(f): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2015
heykims:
Seriously I see all these as remnant of the last administration's flaws, however the present still has a lot to do...
and you didn't see that of jonathan as last administration remnant ?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by hensben(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2015
nigerianvenom:

The same God that is punishing buhari and his entire associate. tell me, who is God punishing at d moment? Over 2200 nigerians killed, HOS in disarray over leadership role n appointment, cabinet yet to be form, yet ur daura dullardinh0o is busy globetrotting.

Tell me who God is punishing with naira witnessing its greatest decline since 70s.
God is actually punishing someone somewhere and that person his buhari and his associate
oh so you think buhari who assume office barely a month some weeks are behind all these, these are errors caused by PDp/gej. You expect Buhari to work normal PDp way to deceive the people, he has plan, i believe in him. I repeat na God go continue to punish PDp members starting from 1999 members to saTANist, they ruin Nigeria with their greed, their life will be ruined as well. Btw, I'm not in any political party, I just feel sad for my country. Babaginda started corruption, obj legalized it n gej institutionalize it. If only I'm the president my first one year in office will be witch hunting, these people must go down including their foot soldiers.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by tamertery(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2015
londongal03:
Bokohar! president of Dooooom

cry i cry for u because.... u need help my sister... at dt tym (2am) dat was ol dat cud cme out of ur power house (i.e ur brain)

bt on a serious note, u really need help... nd u shud get one ASAP kiss
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2015
tamertery:

cry i cry for u because.... u need help my sister... at dt tym (2am) dat was ol dat cud cme out of ur power house (i.e ur brain)

bt on a serious note, u really need help... nd u shud get one ASAP kiss
Rip English

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by BaWoahGDP: 11:31am On Jul 18, 2015
Only one thing I have to say, the night gets darkest before the dawn. On that note, things will get better. U don't expect this immense pressure on BH now to make them cower in their fannies. Naturally they'll hit back harder. Pres. Buhari is just suffering the aftamath of what GEJ allowed to breed right under our noses. By the time a bee hive is to b destroyed, the bees do their best to protect its colony
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Kingstaplus(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2015
Israel5:
Buhari: tha injury inflicted by fast adiministiration was qwite burutal but zan't wori, we are zoing tha best we can and i ahsshure Nijerians that they wil hav a quorse to smile again walahi.
are u from jupitar?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by tamertery(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2015
londongal03:
Rip English

amen!!! bt u stil need hlp tho... like seriously... wink
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by buchilino(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2015
deniyor:
Go ask Jona, and all other previous presidents/ head of states what they have done to improve the situation of the poor man. What did she contribute when she was part of last government. She dey there when bh escalate to their current state.

till d bombing reaches ur doorstep, then u will understand how serious dis issue is
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 18, 2015
maybe it's clear to her that she is getting no ministerial appointment. so she is now dusting her weapon
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by scoobydoo101: 11:46am On Jul 18, 2015
merry02:
Give this woman ministeral appointment pls,she ll keep quiet!madam scama
may God deliver u frm hypocrisy n sentiment
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by christysuccess1: 11:48am On Jul 18, 2015
if nigerians spend the time they use in criticizing both the past nd present govt in serious prayers nd fasting the issue of boko haram would have been a forgotten issue and secondly, the people calling gej nd pmb clueless would be clueless as well if given the chance to rule dis country.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 18, 2015
So is she exactly expecting to get a specific date or the intention is to pile undue pressure on the President? You are only supposed to ask that question if there are no reasonable efforts from him so madam stop whinning like a child, or better stil if you have a sure approach to end it, come out and speak! undecided
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by buchilino(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2015
emmyrichie:

I am amazed at your thinking... you mean she should not bemoan the loss of lives that ordinarily are preventable?

What re you saying?

abeg help me dey ask am ooo, how did i end up being a Nigerian, honestly Zambians think beta than most Nigerians
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by buchilino(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2015
emmasege:
This quantum of BH attacks had disappeared in the twilight of GEJ's administration. It's not expected that the attacks should escalate now that we have a war veteran as President, who also seems to have enjoyed the support of blood-thirsty Sharia advocates over the years. Buhari should perform his magics which he & his party used in scamming gullible & undiscerning minds.

now dis is d funniest quote i eva read on BL
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by anigold(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2015
merry02:
madam oby has just committed a political suicide her name has been automatically erased from the ministerial list... Am waiting for the chairlady for BBOG to also commit her own political suicide via twitter....

They said GEJ was clueless and not working i wonder what adjective they will invent for President Buhari... APC thought governance in Nigeria was like eating amala with ewedu-stew

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by merry02(m): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2015
scoobydoo101:
may God deliver u frm hypocrisy n sentiment
Amen!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by mavinc4u(f): 11:55am On Jul 18, 2015
talented143:
Busy Listening to 102.1 BIAFRA[b]Busy Listening to 102.1 BIAFRA[/b]Busy Listening to 102.1 BIAFRA

I heard yesterday night on channels tv that the station has been jamed and the owner arrested so how are you listening or it was normal lies
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
Whatever you do, add 22 dead at Kastina-ala yesterday. The menace of Fulani herdsmen Continues unabated, but it gets the least coverage.... beats my imagination as to WHY.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hemanwel:
So where is the "CHANGE"??
If this government keeps treading the path of other failed administration,where then is the fuc.king "CHANGE"??
Wait. Less than 2mnths is unrealistic 4 what you are asking 4, except u ask it from a magician lipsrsealed
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
merry02:
Is this all you can say ? Shame on you. So everyone that asks questions from Government is looking for appointment? Its people like you that are destroying this country. I spit on your grave !!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by kutchs: 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And by your reasoning...those who called for Niger Delta militants not not to be bombed were actually members of the cause...ie millitants.

Boko is evil...but an important tactic in dealing with such people is youth development, and an end to extrajudicial killings.

Carrot and stick approach.

A key approach in the US war against terror has been development. Unrestricted bombing does have its downsides. You have to find the right balace between to carrot and the stick so as to make sure you do not swell the ranks of Boko.

And yes...Buhari's comments were tactless. That does not make them wrong. If Yaradua had used only the stick on Niger Delta.....we would have been in serious trouble.
At least we know what the militants fought for, what does BH fight for? What cause are the fighting for to be given amnesty
You talked about youth development as a means to ending insurgency and I ask what better way to develop the youth than through education which Jonathan encouraged through the establishment of more than 150 almajiri schools in the north which of course was kicked against by certain elements in the north?
Not saying that buhari is BH but such comments coming from a man of his standing in the country lends credence and support to what BH is doing. Such comments are unbecoming of a man of his standing and what's worse? He doesn't see any wrong in it and you are here defending him.
You may argue his govt is still young but two months is enough to set an agenda, let the nation know which direction you intend to take, give the citizens the hope and belief you know what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by kutchs: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
Snowflake002:
Wait. Less than 2mnths is unrealistic 4 what you are asking 4, except u ask it from a magician lipsrsealed
Two months is enough to set an agenda so the nation could know where it's headed, stop defending this.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
Does she expect a specific date or she just intends to pile undue pressure on the president? You only ask such questions if you can see no reasonable actions from him. Madaam, stop whinning like a child and give this new administration some benefit of doubt except if you know of a button that if pressed, BH would just vanish like willi-willi undecided
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by Israel5(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Kingstaplus:
are u from jupitar?
no, i'm prom Daura.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by kutchs: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
Snowflake002:
Does she expect a specific date or she just intends to pile undue pressure on the president? You only ask such questions if you can see no reasonable actions from him. Madaam, stop whinning like a child and give this new administration some benefit of doubt except if you know of a button that if pressed, BH would just vanish like willi-willi undecided
Mr Snow there's no magic button like you said but the party promised us BH will be history in 2 months of buhari's government, so we are justified in asking for action or don't you think so?
When we urged patience that internal terrorism isn't a child play, isn't something that could be crushed in three or four years we shouted at. We gave instances with terrorists organisations in other parts of the world that have fought on in spite of the best and most sincere efforts of the govt but they said this is Nigeria. APC and Buhari know this quite well, they know that terrorism once started can't be crushed completely but rather have it's influence reduced but to win election they promised what's not possible so why shouldn't we expect and ask them to do as promised

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) by vislabraye(m): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
emmasege:
This quantum of BH attacks had disappeared in the twilight of GEJ's administration. It's not expected that the attacks should escalate now that we have a war veteran as President, who also seems to have enjoyed the support of blood-thirsty Sharia advocates over the years. Buhari should perform his magics which he & his party used in scamming gullible & undiscerning minds.

Some people really don't know how to reason. If you criticise this government, what you hear is "what did Gej do?" But if you say GEJ was a failure, why compare yourself to him?

Can you see their stupidity ? It has come to a time when you should flog such people. Buhari has made some stupid decisions so far. He has removed road blocks which prevented Bh and he's quarrelling with DSS that should be helping him.
At the moment bh has not recorded any casualty, yet some people are still blaming Gej. If all Buhari does is to complain about past administration, then he's a failure akready. Meanwhile, Rev. Mbaka has been quiet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Mohammed Abba-Aji Defects To PDP In Borno / "I Will Laugh Last", Fayose Tells Buhari, APC / APC Convention: Did Fani-Kayode Attend As An Abia State Delegate? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.