Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,706 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja (96904 Views)

Deadliest Poisons Used By Man.. Number 2 Will Shock You / Photos Of An Unusual Invention Of A Man That Shook Up Ibadan / The Trick Of Sitting On Nothing: A Layman's Explaination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Dottore: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2015
@ at since u know the trick. Can u repeat what he has done. Oversabi
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by solidman59(m): 11:06am On Jul 18, 2015
@op, I still don't see how your write up explains anything about this. Could you throw more light?
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2015
The best explanation is that the guy is probably wearing a trouser with the back/bottom/yansh loaded with magnetic of opposite pole to the one loaded below the carpet spread on the floor. You know how magnets of opposite poles repel each other, that how the guy's yansh is repelled from the carpet if he tries to sit. In the end, it seems like he is sitting on nothing but magnetism is at work. Like if you agree.

3 Likes

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Rilwayne001: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2015
I stopped believeing anything magic after watching 'Sherlock holmes" grin

1 Like

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by ManTiger(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2015
Femidigirits:
I watched the video to the end,their seem to be some manipulation towards the end. At the point where the performer places a red piece of cloth over himself the scene changed entirely into him sitting on air. The case here and the one that played out appears metaphysical, not sure physics has sufficient explanation for it.
Also your brief account above is insufficient.
Watch this video to the end and sees for yourself. Nothing metaphysical.

For a grown up man sitting all day not being able to do anything thing for the rest of the day shows how worst this world has gone... so so sad. What applaud do the amass for this rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xNst1aEe5s
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Max24: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2015
bright007:
Still don't get it
Becos u didnt pay attention to ur secondary school science. It is a simple lever system at work.

1 Like

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:
I stopped believeing anything magic after watching 'Sherlock holmes" grin

Movie or tv show ?
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 18, 2015
WE KNOW SINCE NA. NO BE HIM I DEY UNA?

NIGERIA PEOPLE NO JUST FIT REASON WITH THERE BRAIN ANY LONGER, NA JUST ONLY TO DEY TALK ABOUT SEXX SEXX SEXX AND MORE SEXX angry

TRY TO REASON WITH YOUR ORGANS NA
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Billygee2u: 11:13am On Jul 18, 2015
OP is nearly to the truth.
it's only in over there in Africa my nation that those advert tricks are new.
it's very common here.
thank once again OP for enlighten our people
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Rilwayne001: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2015
YourMain:

Movie or tv show ?

Movie smiley

1 Like

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Movie smiley

Oh. Lol I prefer the tv show.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Max24: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2015
zonties1:
d rod is d supporter of his trick, assume d rod is not dere d juju man will fall down flat... or r u a son of profesor pella?
Even Pellers magics were illusions. Nothing metaphysical about it.

2 Likes

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by ifeoluwasegun(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2015
But these are different scenarios
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Max24: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2015
lawanson44:
The first 2 photos you illustrated and showed depicts pictures of the men holding rods. This lagos man is holding nothing...so wetin you wan talk?
Look very well. You will see the connection.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by 3rdeye1(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2015
squaddy:
Laughing at the Op feeling like he just discovered the cure for cancer. This is common knowledge for crying out loud. It is all over YouTube!!
is it the cure to cancer u want?

1 Like

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2015
bright007:
Still don't get it
Lol
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Rilwayne001: 11:20am On Jul 18, 2015
YourMain:

Oh. Lol I prefer the tv show.

I know grin
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Flyingngel(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2015
Op, that is metaphysical,in my L.G.A there is a particular villge, that during their annaul village celebration: they will display different type of play. One of them how they will grab somebody frm their group, put him in a big motar and pound then you will see them person coming from them front. If u think it is simple just try what you narrated above.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by shadrach77: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2015
@ op, I don't think the 9ja guy used rod oh. I think he used magnets. He would have been busted if people saw him setting up rods by the roadside. I think he used negative and positive magnetic force to create an invisible platform on which he now sat on. It's still physics.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by temmy1234: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2015
I know of a masquerade in Ogbomoso Oyo state, AJO-MAGBODO, he always sitted on air everywhere, Physics ke?
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Max24: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2015
Martins301:
The best explanation is that the guy is probably wearing a trouser with the back/bottom/yansh loaded with magnetic of opposite pole to the one loaded below the carpet spread on the floor. You know how magnets of opposite poles repel each other, that how the guy's yansh is repelled from the carpet if he tries to sit. In the end, it seems like he is sitting on nothing but magnetism is at work. Like if you agree.
This your physics explanation nah wa ooo. You better not teach any of ur younger ones this kind physics. dem go fail oo. You are murdering physics with ur explanation. It has nothing to do with magnetism. It is more about lever system. Gerrit?

3 Likes

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2015
BiigTInzs grin
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Max24: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2015
lawanson44:
The first 2 photos you illustrated and showed depicts pictures of the men holding rods. This lagos man is holding nothing...so wetin you wan talk?
Cgeck where is his feet are. Thats where he is connected to the support. In all the pictures something always connect them to the ground. Either a rod or their legs touching the ground.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by jimmynauty: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2015
Femidigirits:
I watched the video to the end,their seem to be some manipulation towards the end. At the point where the performer places a red piece of cloth over himself the scene changed entirely into him sitting on air. The case here and the one that played out appears metaphysical, not sure physics has sufficient explanation for it.
Also your brief account above is insufficient.
The op too has not fully grasped the concept.
Ok in te nigerian scene, no "pole" is seen and in the mallam, no red carpet is also seen ... so is that scientific busting or what? science must have a repeated incidence .
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by jimmynauty: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Its not physics jhoor,if you think it is do it and upload it...
op ghan, over to you do am

1 Like

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Lyndylove: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2015
If you say so undecided

COMING SOON!!!
[Music] LYNDY - MY HERO ( A TRIBUTE TO
DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN)
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by stankezzy: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2015
The down support or slab or plate is always cover by rug , the walking stick or handle or rod is a strong special steel alloy that can carry heavy weight even when it is thin or bended, the remaining rod is inside his cloth, shirt and trousers.
that is why they do not allow you to see when he will start or end.

6 Likes

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by beaversticks(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2015
but the dude that did it in americas got talent nnko
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by MrDoGood(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2015
4bobo:
In Reply to this thread on FP yesterday and today

https://www.nairaland.com/2459121/more-photos-magic-guy-sat

This is floating trick illusion explained and this is not magic as people believe. Next time you see the man, just ...aahahahahahah..

This is science at work and am surpried that many physcis students cant even burst the lies on that thread.

Let us figure out what is really happening.

At first glance, your eyes are in disbelief. How can a man be floating in the air?

Clearly, passerbys watching this street performance are impressed and taking photographs.

There's a platform that the performer is actually sitting on this entire time, and that platform is connected to the pole for support. It's not a coincidence that in each of these instances there's always a "carpet" of some sort at the bottom to cover the base.

here you have it! It turns out those seemingly long hours of floating meditation were just hours of sitting! You and I can easily do that. Wouldn't you agree?

See thE video below and the trick of levitation and flotation will be perfectly clear.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3gVw79AEVhE

There is a steel plate on the pavement, covered with a grey carpet. In the corner of the plate, there is a rod sticking out. Into this, there is a steel platform, on which the performer sits. The steel tube which holds the platform runs up his left sleeve.
Another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvYkRzpq4g

Get educated and be informed..

Op, please prove it to us. Just a little illustration from you will be okay since you know it all.
Thanks
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by barnaby04(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2015
Small pikin no sabi juju come dey call am vegetable.
Guy, please keep your knowledge of physics or science to yourself.
This is real magic and not what laws of motion can explain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15ft Snake Swallows Entire Cow Before Its Stomach Bursts Open In Thailand / Two-Headed Russell Viper Discovered In India (Photos) / A Wild Albino Camel In China, First Of Its Kind, Caught On Camera (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.