Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,701 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

100 Ways To Stop Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Ways To Stop Biafra (2482 Views)

Nothing Can Stop Biafra, Let Buhari Learn To Be A Civilized Man – Asari Dokubo / Only ONE Thing Will Stop Biafra, Avengers, Boko Haram – Man Of God Predicts / You Can’t Stop Biafra Groups From Agitation, Negotiate Now–ohanzeze Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by betty202020(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
eesy:
The problem of Biafra is going to be worst than Boko Haram if something is not done now. I am surprised the federal government haven’t said or done anything yet to stop it. The way the east is right now, I think the second civil war is coming and as such something needs to be done. We all know that Nigeria is facing a lot of problems now, Terrorism, Unemployment, lack of power and the fall in the Nigerian economy. A war would be catastrophic. It will reduce our population further, already thousands have lost their lives from Terrorism and health issues.
I think the government should diversify the economy. The east is boiling because Nigeria is surviving through the oil in the east and south and that Nigeria doesn’t regard them as anything the rob them of their oil and as if that is not enough the go ahead dominating them. All important positions are taken by the west and the north who haven’t contributed to the well being of the economy. They feel the North and West are ripping from where they didn’t sow and this makes them want their own country where they can control their oil.
If the economy is diversified that is Agriculture to the North, Manufacturing or Tourism to the west and Oil to the south it will go a long way in kyboshing Biafra and as well boost the economy and reduce unemployment and the standard of living in Nigeria will improve.

where is the 100 ways solution u brought?
u are confused
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by baralatie(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
SUBMARINE:

True federalism

When a state is empowered by law to keep at least 25% of income generated from mineral resources and taxes within her boundary.

Then you will see real diversification of the economy
What you have suggested is resource control which where we are at the moment.
Govt has only one resource oil.the latter asked for diversification and I want a clear example of how govt can physically diversify.

Economy diversification is not the sole responsibility of FG but of all layers of government cool
What you have suggested is resource control.

And the later end you answered the question but I wanted her to see the need for a good climate in order to diversify the economy.
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by SUBMARINE: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
[quote author=baralatie post=36013105][/quote]

Stop talking as if you don't understand basic economics

Government has more than one source of revenue of which oil gives the greatest income for now

Encourage fiscal federalism and you will see other source of revenue manifest. cool
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by baralatie(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Stop talking as if you don't understand basic economics

Government has more than one source of revenue of which oil gives the greatest income for now

Encourage fiscal federalism and you will see other source of revenue manifest. cool
Let me explain
1.a person blamed govt as the sole cause of not diversifying the economy
2.this was in response to an earlier post
3.I now asked for practical ways Govt can diversify the economy
4.you have measured resource control
5.there are many resources
i,oil and gas
ii,solid minerals
These two are federal based resources and does not necessary mean you have diversified the economy.
You basically are still operating as a produce or raw material exporter it is not good in the long run.e.g the agricultural era and now oil crash.
6.a question I am now proposing if there is increased revenue at the state leveldoes it replace good governance CE.can revenue buy governance.
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by melzabull(f): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Dollyak:
Biafra can never be as bad as a religious terrorist group. How many of those biafra supporters do you think are willing to die for the cause? Stop over reaching by comparing them to suicide bombers. It won't help anyone. It's a lot easier to stop biafra by addressing the social issues like injustices. You don't need to be a Igbo to see how they have been marginalised in their own country. Being born as an Igbo shouldn't be a disadvantage neither should being a fulani/hausa be an advantage.
Many things are wrong with the current system that needs to be addressed and I suppose the reason why things are calm is because yorubas are comfortable with the situation.
God bless you my dear. How I wish there are many reasonable and objective people like you who stand on the side of truth.

Every one knows igbos are on the wrong side of justice and fairness in this country. In nigeria, the moment you are Igbo you naturally become the enemy.

Yoruba are comfortable with the current political aberration because they they dare not challenge the position of northerners. Secondly, they feel comfortable with the situation because to them as long as its the igbos, then its okay. It is just natural for them to oppose anything Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by bi0nics: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
chuna1985:

Wen Zik won as premier in yoruba land many decades ago, s waste chased him out.

Nigeria has never been united n will never be. It's best we peacefully separate n go our separate ways.

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live."
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
chuna1985:

D reason that caused 1967 are still here.

And for ur info, nigeria never grow n nigeria na dwarf. Tell urself d truth, nigeria is not a nation, it's a trash zone. Look around u, what is nnamdi kalu doing in radio biafra if nigeria is better dan 1967...ask urself, why are millions of Nigerians screaming that they want to leave
The many people "screaming that they want to leave" are the illiterates, those who don't know their history and who don't know what they are going to loose by seceding. I will advice you not to follow them. I know because you are not living like those in developed countries you feel nigeria hasnt grown and that the best thing to do is to secede forgetting that those great developed countries didnt just grow up to be great within a few years it took them time. All you need is patience and Nigeria will get there - Rome was not belt in a day. Forget what Nnamdi is telling you, secession (which will result in war) wont make things better it will rather worsen it.
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
eesy:

The many people "screaming that they want to leave" are the illiterates, those who don't know their history and who don't know what they are going to loose by seceding. I will advice you not to follow them. I know because you are not living like those in developed countries you feel nigeria hasnt grown and that the best thing to do is to secede forgetting that those great developed countries didnt just grow up to be great within a few years it took them time. All you need is patience and Nigeria will get there - Rome was not belt in a day. Forget what Nnamdi is telling you, secession (which will result in war) wont make things better it will rather worsen it.

Why are u begging me to stay in nigeria
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Why are u begging me to stay in nigeria
Cos I dont want you to regret. you dont know what it means to loose a loved one. do you?
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
eesy:

Cos I dont want you to regret. you dont know what it means to loose a loved one. do you?

Dis aint love bro. I know for a fact that we will never be like nigeria. If u know us, u will understand wat I mean.
Re: 100 Ways To Stop Biafra by mensdept: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Two words: BOKO HARAM

100 ways to stop that beg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Attack UNION BANK On Twitter Following Buhari's Assets Declaration / Picture Evidence Of CHANGE Under PMB - Cramjones / Rotimi Amaechi Spotted With His Wife At COZA Church Today (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.