Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,098 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:51 AM

Diary Of A Pretend HR - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diary Of A Pretend HR (31087 Views)

Best HR Joke In The World!!! / Access Bank: HR Interview 2016 / What Secrets An HR Won’t Tell You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Daresh(f): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
So by your reasoning I should hire people that don't impress me. With their cv or their speaking, even though the job requires a well spoken individual. Pray tell, who do I hire?

And as for your comment about over sabi HR ladies, quit being so gaddemn sexist.

obajoey:
sometimes those questions doesnt define the ability of a potential employee. It is sometimes not in the words but in the performance. some great skills are discovered on the job. Most potential employee always feel bad when they know they have so much to give but the mr/mrs HR sitting right infront of him/her lacks the vision to see that.

As the saying goes "ability is not define by what you have done but by what you can do".

*very common with the over-sabi HR ladies

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by haul: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
There will continue to be unemployment till the system is sanitized.

You don't create jobs, they should be a walking job from latency stage.

Sincerely nigerian university is nonsensical, not stupendous at all! I practically ask myself why did I goto university after finishing because everything I've got in my head was learnt myself.

Blame the system not the graduates,the mode of schooling should change to vocational-entrepreneur education, not until when they get to redudancy stage!

If you school in nigeria, you a product of a failed education system no need coming here to say nigeria graduates are unemployable!

You that is employed,what have you invented? What have you done with your hands? What ideas have your brains used to changed the system? You think wearing some shirt collar shirt and black suit makes you superior? You a huge joke!

If an employer ridicule you at a job interview,looking straight into his face and tell him to fu-ck off! Atimes you need to be cocky to be great in life,not always begging begging.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Krysstie: 12:02am On Jul 24, 2015
nurd:

you said something about guest writing in your post which got my attention. do you know any person/website that need articles to be written by a guest writer without paying. if you do, kindly let me know. I want to do some pro bono work soon...

Hello,

You can get sites that accept guest writers by searching for 'guest post', 'write for us' or 'guest writers' on Google.

Also, visit listshrine.com and enterprisehack.com. If you're interested in the topics, you can apply to become a guest writer.
I hope that helps..
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by chuckdee4(m): 1:04am On Jul 24, 2015
Surely most large companies in Nigeria can invest in software that can search for specific words from the tones of cv's they get and be able to weed out the pretenders from the real contenders.

I can actually develop a software like that but i know the drill, if i enter an office to promote this, they will sweep my idea under the carpet and someone will steal it as theirs
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Raalsalghul: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2015
Krysstie:

Nice point! Employers should 'carry out seminars, career fairs e.t.c in Nigerian universities making them aware of the requirements of employability'. Then, the write up is not meant to impress and squeeze out praises from you. No one has to like it...I just shared my experience and gave little advice that I felt will be of help...
You said in your post that you have suggested volunteer jobs to job seekers and they refused, can you refer me to some volunteer jobs in Nigeria? Am interested.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by nurd(m): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2015
Krysstie:

Hello,

You can get sites that accept guest writers by searching for 'guest post', 'write for us' or 'guest writers' on Google.

Also, visit listshrine.com and enterprisehack.com. If you're interested in the topics, you can apply to become a guest writer.
I hope that helps..
Thanks
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by castro316: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
kennytidistar:

Let me tell you, talking about good contact, I can boast of having reasonable ones my first volunteer and official assignment was with NNPC / NAPIMS during my industrial trainee program, I moved to Mobil for another six month just working for free, do you know my monthly income then? just #7,500 , after six month in Mobil, I move to chevron for another six just offering volunteer service, during my industrial training in napims I was the executive assistance to the director of internal audit anytime all the ogas are away I held the office guiding some of the staffs, after the IT I was called by the admin manager to sit back and work with her as a staff, my director Warned me to return to school, and I was young, I have to wear nysc Jersey because I don't want to regret not wearing that Jersey, I picked up the courage and returned to school, now I have masters of international business degree from hult international business school. I can say I understand Nigeria challenges better than you I return to Nigeria to startup an NGO and I'm Fine with my social enterprise because I just want to me happy,

on the issue of insult by your boss, it is wrong anywhere in the word for you to commit emotional murder as a boss,.. my director Once slap is driver because he couldn't find him after meeting and he kept him in the sun for ten minutes, thou the case was brought to the office as young as I was, I still manage to resolve the conflict and I become a star, the danger of emotional trauma is that, it keeps you in the office as a robot, you can't be happy doing the job,.and if you refuse to do the needful one day the company will kick you out and you will find reason to start searching for your true self.

on the issue of working without payment, listen to the truth and listen good, in life there is time for everything, you will understand this when you start having children. I won't talk much on that,

Nigeria have a big problem not doubt about that in terms of job creation and employability, that is Why we are canvasing for entrepreneurship rather than job searching because the jobs are not there go to public institutions make enquiries what are the ratio of employees intake annually compare to rate of graduates produced by NYSC every quarter of the year, the result will shock you. this was why i laud tony elumelu foundation on enterprise, you need to see the world to know the difference between hell and fire ,well you're still a corper make good use of your time like I told you earlier, Nigeria is yet to get it right on employability

Hi.
Thank u for your correspondence.

The first question I like to ask is, did all ur effort on getting job experience not pay off?
You are the kind of people I love to move with, those that have foresight and are willing to put their best in anything they do.
You can see that in the long run those places u worked for provided the capacity for you to start a large enterprise without starting from the scratch. If u read my post, well I said that you may or u may not get a job but you will have experience which will make ur cv robust for another job.

See, the problem I have with Nigerians is that they are always expecting opportunity to come to them on their laps. If not that, they want the government to do everything for them forgetting that we are living in a country where there are limited job opportunities. The solution is to take the bull by the horn and if possible work for free to gather experience maybe the door will open one day. My fellow country men will sit down and bliving job comes like breakfast in the morning and it's bad. So I am beckoning on hard working guys to see any thing possible to do to gather experience. It may not be an easy task but I promise u ur efforts will not go unrewarded. It may not be as much as u want but it will be worth it. You can even have boasting rights that u worked in so so and so company and u know mr or Mrs so so so and so. It will give u an edge above others. Thanks bro once again.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by castro316: 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
kennytidistar:

How many candidates can these sector you mentioned above can accommodate?, do not forget that all job position have their requirements, which school will employ a graduate without NCE or PGDE, except that school is no accredited be it primary or secondary, maybe some of you don't know that government policy sometimes multiplies the problem? all the sectors have standard and labour law have standard But here in Nigeria nobody comply with labour law, How will you take up a sales job in a bank that gives you unrealistic target and base you on commission not even a fix salary, in every employment policy there must be provisions for pension and gratuity, How many so called company have such plan for their slavery like staff they ride on like horses, I also served in a school years back before I relocated to Lagos, remo Methodist high school comply with labour law, if you work their your sure of your gratuity, How many other schools even the agric you talk about comply with labour law, Nigeria is not getting it right, That's the fact, many Nigerian runs to dubai to pick up contract jobs that last for two years, and their gratuity after two years is guarantee and still renewable my brother, you're young let no body brain wash you into slavery, the truth is there is no job in Nigeria start up an enterprise, learn something you can lay your hand on that will bring good money for you after passing out, listen to that unemployable lyrics at your own peril, my two cents,

What I am trying to do here sir is to help some humble well meaning youths to start thinking differently. I could be an angel to someone now. A lot of people have not realized the present trend and still use old ways to solve problems. I am an B.Eng student and by by God's grace get my title as Engr. Someday, I have learned to think outside the box av said bye bye to stereotyped thinking and also lean unto God my everything who makes my lie down in greener pastures. With the little I av learned so far I now know how to talk to people better, the secret of right timing, in short, I understand who I am better. I am ready to move out and be of value to everyone around me and be of service any where I go. Sitting down in one place and moaning why the government cannot provide will not solve the problem. In a country like this it's people like u and I who supposed to bring that change I am doing my part, pls others do urs......
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Charlieubochi: 10:20am On Apr 20, 2017
PROGRAMME OFFICER

PMC LTD is a Canadian based NGO with offices in Africa,we partner with SAB (Scientific Advisory Board) and ACDC (American Center for Disease Control). We are currently searching for vibrant,intelligent and energetic youths in Nigeria to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. PMC LTD works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on poverty eradication, Community Health and, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender equity.

BASIC INCENTIVES

* Every successful candidate after the screening exercise will be trained if qualified the candidate will be eligible for an international training in either South Africa, Dubai, or California
* Each candidate during the training will receive monthly bonuses after which will be placed on a progressive salary, with various allowances .
* Successful candidates will enjoy time flexibility during and after the training exercise

About the Role.

Every candidate will pass through a written and oral interview session after which each successful candidate will be trained courtesy of SAB and ACDC. This training empowers the individual to live beyond poverty and create lasting wealth through people management regardless of gender, age or other dimension of diversity .

JOB REQUIREMENTS

MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:

1 year

MIN QUALIFICATION:

Bachelor's Degree/HND

DESIRED COURSES:

Not Specified

Rivers State. (Surrounding States also acceptable)

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:

About You

You must have a 1st degree in Social Science or development related field with at least 1 year experience with a local or an international based NGO as well as strong writing, analytical and documentation skills.
A good knowledge of programme management, financial controls and procedures as well as direct experience of developing partners capacity is an added advantage.

Further information

This role requires applicants to work in the state where this position is based.

We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.

You can expect a wide range of rewards, benefits,and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.

Competency questions

As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:

Build partnerships

Tell us about a time when you were proactive in taking on new and additional work to achieve a team or organisational goal: What was the situation? What was the new/additional work? What was your task? What did you do? What was the outcome? What was the impact of what you did?

Communicate effectively

Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others: What was the situation? What did you need to communicate effectively? How did you make sure the message was understood by others? What was the impact? How did you know you were successful?

Steward resources

Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources: What was the context? What was expected of you? What action(s) did you take? What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?

Interested persons should pls forward their CV's to workforceng2016@gmail.com
And / call these numbers for enquiry.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by cyndyzuriks(f): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
Krysstie:
One of the most common Nigerian trend is for unemployed graduates to lament about sending out their CVs over a hundred times a month without getting a single feedback. They even curse the government for not giving them jobs.

http://houseofmo.com/diary-of-a-pretend-hr/

You are so right! Recruiters and hiring managers see this on a daily basis. I myself have witnessed this. You advertise for a position of production superintendent for an oil company and some one who is a production supervisor for nasco biscuit will come and apply. How on earth does the two positions relate? abi na because production dey inside, so his mind is telling him that he can do the job. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Livez: 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION PAST QUESTIONS.
Don't wait until you are short listed before you start reading for your immigration interview. If you meet with all the criteria listed, it is most likely you will be shortlisted. Remember your reading cannot be complete without practising with past questions. You need to know how the questions are set. We have some of the past questions set in previous interviews in soft copy, if you are interested, whatsapp : 08035260233 for it. Practice makes perfect, start practising with past questions now.
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by SOMICMACPHERSON: 2:44am On Sep 15, 2018
All about Jobs | How to Apply | Where to Apply | wHEN TO Apply

Friends I can across this site and a believe it has what you need to get any kind of Job you what on the go!

free-job-posting-sites-for-employers

https://www.daybyday.website/free-job-posting-sites-for-employers/

how-to-apply-to-jobs-directly-on-company-websites

https://www.daybyday.website/finding-and-how-to-apply-to-jobs-directly-on-company-websites/

online-job-requirements-and-qualifications-Guider

https://www.daybyday.website/typical-online-job-requirements-and-qualifications-system/

online-job-application fULL gUIDE

https://www.daybyday.website/online-job-application-learn-how-to-apply-for-jobs-online-and-get-it/

top-100-usa-job-websites

https://www.daybyday.website/search-all-jobs-from-the-top-100-usa-job-websites/

apply-for-any-kind-of-job-on-the-go-here

https://www.daybyday.website/top-niche-job-sites-list-apply-for-any-kind-of-job-on-the-go-here/

how-to-apply-for-jobs-online-and-get-it/

https://www.daybyday.website/online-job-application-learn-how-to-apply-for-jobs-online-and-get-it/

Instant JOB EMAIL Alert on the go!

https://www.daybyday.website/category/email-jobs/

Dear, you dream Jobs are waiting for you here free Application
Re: Diary Of A Pretend HR by Mosfemi: 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Start freelancing on https://wecruite.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary / From Being An Errand Boy, Man Becomes A Car Dealer In Abuja. Photo / From Bank Interview Shaming To American Company Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.