Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:45 PM

Any Agnostics Married Or Engaged To Religious Partners? How Do You Cope? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Agnostics Married Or Engaged To Religious Partners? How Do You Cope? (504 Views)

Nigerian Man Engaged To Oyinbo: “You Won't Know Peace If You Try To Put Asunder” / Pre-Wedding Shoot: When A Doctor Is Engaged To A Doctor / 106-year-old Woman Gets Engaged To Her 66-year-old Lover, Becomes Oldest Fiancée (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Agnostics Married Or Engaged To Religious Partners? How Do You Cope? by ghpsi: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
I've been in love a few times and almost always, it's been with the classic church girl: you know, smart, upwardly mobile, decent family, goes to meetings/fellowship often, takes the entire God thing serious, but still gives head.

It's almost always ended in heartbreak. With the Jehovah's Witness babe, I wasn't ready to convert for nobody & she wasn't ready to go against her family's wishes, so we walked away from the show just as the star act was getting started.

Same thing happened with the Pentecostal girl. Now, there's a new pentecostal babe and even though we "sin" together, she recently confronted me about my lack of faith and said she doesn't want to get married to a man with whom she cannot pray together in the morning. She says she doesn't want me to "change for her" and still, wants me to abandon my unbelief. I'm agnostic and I profess no faith.

So I'm left confused and asking: are there atheists/agnostics here married to or in partnerships with religious partners? Could you kindly share your experiences and help me understand how this thing works. I love this girl enough to draw up plans of a future with her, but I would really love to be able to maintain my agnostic status in all truth & sincerity.
Re: Any Agnostics Married Or Engaged To Religious Partners? How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Any Agnostics Married Or Engaged To Religious Partners? How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
I think it is possible BUT difficult.

I don't know what to say to you; as I am theistic. The truth is: she is the one to suffer in this relationship especially if she is devout charismatic believer.

SO:

Bring that your girl here, and I will properly give her this advise: Sweetheart, if you know what's good for you, RUN from this guy. The bible forbids being UNEQUALLY yoked. Or please, if you love her, tweet this my advise to her. hashtagrunfromunequallyyokedfellas.

BTW: anyone know how to use hashtag sign on ipad. Can't get it to work with shift and hashtag key. I keep getting the british pound sign. Hrrrmpphhh.
Re: Any Agnostics Married Or Engaged To Religious Partners? How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
OP:

May I give you just one advise or suggestion?

If you want serious response to this questions/post of yours:

Take it to the proper traffic- the "family" section OR religious section.

Though you are likely to get more traffic/response from family section.

Or you can post in both sections since you are likely to get different views/opinions based on the "type" of people that frequent the sites.

Either way; anywhere but ROMANCE-land. 'Cause the post is likely to go unnoticed or littered....... lipsrsealed

Just sayin'...........

(1) (Reply)

Five Important Things You Need To Discuss Before Getting Married / This Lady Needs A Good Relationship With A Man / 16 Things You Should Be Ready To Face If You're A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.