Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo (56856 Views)

Meet Adelabu Penkelemesi: Obasanjo's Political Role Model / Adelabu, My Political Role Model – Obasanjo / Adelabu Was My Political Role Model - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by FORUMgod: 10:21am On Jul 20, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has said that he believed in the political philosophy of the first Federal Minister of Social Services and Natural Resources, Adegoke Adelabu popularly called ‘Penkelemesi’ , describing him as his political role model.

Obasanjo said the political philosophy of the late politician was devoid of ethnic and tribal considerations, but focused on a united Nigeria.
He stated this while receiving the family of the late Ibadan-born politician, who visited him on Saturday in Abeokuta, saying, majority of Nigerians are still struggling to reach the pinnacle Adelabu attained in politics.

Obasanjo, who accepted the offer to be the patron of the posthumous centenary birthday celebration of the late politician, described the late Adelabu as a detribalised Nigerian.

Some members of the Adelabu family, who were led by an Ibadan chief and a former broadcaster, Aare Tunde Alabi, said they were in Obasanjo’s house to seek his help in giving a befitting ceremony to the first African Manager of UAC Haberdashery, Lagos.
According to Obasanjo, Adelabu was years ahead of his political contemporaries, adding that he advocated for United State of West Africa before his demise.

He said, “Adelabu was not just a historic figure, he was a reality, he was a phenomenon, he was uniquely Yoruba, uniquely Nigerian, uniquely African and uniquely a member of human race.

“What you are proposing to do, I believe Adelabu deserved it in every facet. Today, we are still struggling to reach the pinnacle or the pedestrial Adelabu reached in politics, of not being swayed by linguistic, ethnic, tribal, regional, sectional consideration but by what is best for Nigeria.

“He was years ahead of his contemporary politicians. In his life time, he was talking of United State of West Africa, ECOWAS came up years after his demise. In his lifetime, he belonged to a political party that has its base outside the western region where he came from. He was not a tribal baron, but a national politician.

“So, when you asked me to be the patron of Adelabu posthumous centenary birthday celebration, I have no reason to say no.”

“I have no reasons to say ‘no’ because, I share what Adelabu stood for, I share Adelabu’s philosophy of a united Nigeria and believe, I share Adelabu’s view of politics beyond ethnicity, beyond tribe, beyond region and I believe that in our national life, we should extol the virtues like the one we saw in Adelabu, a man of the people, down to earth, absolutely down to earth and yet, a man who believed that his politics must be above ethnicity, must be above tribe, must be to unite the country while, of course, uplifting his own people.

“On behalf of the family who asked me to accept this and having accepted this, I will do my utmost best to contribute to making that day you have chosen to celebrate the birthday a success and also to use it to remind those who may like to forget that there was, even before independent, men and Nigerians like Adelabu who believed in the unity of this country, who lived for it and indeed died for it.”
Earlier, Aare Alabi who gave a brief bio data of the leader of opposition in Western House of Assembly between 1956 and 1958 pleaded to Obasanjo to ‘carry Adelabu to the world’

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/adelabu-penkelemesi-is-my-political-role-model-obasanjo/#sthash.aK3wmSrK.dpuf

5 Likes

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by INTROVERT(f): 10:21am On Jul 20, 2015
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by pamodulus: 10:21am On Jul 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by FORUMgod: 10:22am On Jul 20, 2015
nawao o
Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by ibkgab001: 10:31am On Jul 20, 2015
Old solider never die... Baba Ota your head is there

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by FORUMgod: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by koligs: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2015
A trillion likes for ex-presido obj...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Doskit(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by adebisicutie: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2015
My mother used to tell me about the Penkelemesi man. Seems he was a legend of sorts

4 Likes

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Saheed9: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
penkelemesi - peculiar mess

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by shalomm: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
mtcheew.....

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Hemanwel(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Obasanjo should go and sit down!Who gives a fuccck about his political role model?When he had the opportunity to turn around the fortunes of the country,he didnt.

BTW:

Buhari claims to be spear-heading the war on corruption yet 'saints' like Amaechi,Ajimobi,Okorocha,Al-Makura,etc,are dining with him presently in the US and Tinubu,Atiku,OBJ,etc,are walking freely in the country.Until these people are prosecuted in a competent court of jurisdiction,ALL I SEE IN THIS SO-CALLED WAR ON CORRUPTION IS WITCH-HUNTING AND A VENDETTA MISSION!!

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by idari: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
One Nigeria!! Let's join hands and fight dis disease called Tribalism and for those it has affected already we wish dem a quick recovery

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by januzaj(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
hmm
Afrocatalyst:
Never heard of that name before.
You must be a Kenyan

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Barselonia(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Really... peculiar mess...okay Na...

5 Likes

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Afrocatalyst: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Never heard of that name before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by J3da: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Be PREPARED!!!
Matt. 24:12 - KJV: And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
In one week; US legalized gay marriage
(Rome. 1:27)
KJV: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
KJV: And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.
In one week; South Africa legalized Adultery.
In one week; Japan okays Adultery especially for business purpose.
In one week; Germany okays marriage between siblings (Incest).
Are you surprised? They are all in fulfilment of the scriptures... Iniquity has come to abound, but do not let your love wax cold.
My beloved and lovely friends, Christ is coming soon. But, how soon is the soon? Obviously, it's sooner than we've ever envisaged.
Are u born again? Hold fast to that (faith in Christ) which you have, do not let your love wax cold.
Do you still doubt the existence of Christ, and/or still contemplating surrendering? My dear, now is the accepted time, today is the day of Salvation.
Embrace Christ now and live right, be determined not to miss the first flight (Rapture), never wish/pray to witness the great tribulation. See how Christ described it in Matt. 24:
KJV:For then shall be great tribulation, SUCH AS WAS NOT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD TO THIS TIME, no, nor ever shall be.
KJV:And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
So, imagine how it would look like, that God has to shorten the days.
My dear, the choice is yours, the signs are all here. The stage is getting set for the reign of the antichrist. Have you ever wondered how d the beast is going to rule the world and monitor buying and selling?? The globalization of the world, the Biodata Verification Number, the ObamaCare microchips, the Motorola Modex Chips, cashless society and money in the hand (where u order whatever you want online), etc, are all setting the stage for the rule of beast. All these are the platform under which he will rule and monitor the world, with just a simple blocking of your account, all selling/buying capacities are terminated. All these technologies are good and make life easier for us all, but then be conscious of the coming of Christ. May God help our understanding and quicken our hearts. May we not miss the first flight (Rapture). BE PREPARED!!!
Shalom!

38 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Didn't see that coming.
Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by PubLlcEnemy(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
And you Olusegun Obasanjo are my role model....

A man with iron balls.

The best Nigerian President Ever.

May you live long sir!

14 Likes

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by dridowu: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Ebora Owu my role model

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by superior1: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
He was just trying to console the family, ebora owu was mentored by no one

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by peoritio: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
This old soldier isn't the best president we've had but we are surely gonna miss him when he's gone.

5 Likes

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Nonybb: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2015
And why is it that I never heard about this Adelabu of a thing? I really liked him too, having heard all these from Obasanjo; he is real detribalized. This is unlike that Daura animal in human form that keep appointing only his Northern tribe in all the appointments made so far. All hands must be on deck, including the hands of Obasanjo to stop this Northocracy agenda of the present government

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Timoleon(m): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2015
yea?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by uzo200(m): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2015
end time political role model

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 20, 2015
Hypo

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
FORUMgod:

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/adelabu-penkelemesi-is-my-political-role-model-obasanjo/#sthash.aK3wmSrK.dpuf
angryJUST TELL US WHO?

YOU JUST DEY THERE, JUST DEY WRITE NOVEL, GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT, UNA SELF angry

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by snowland(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
Na Snowland
Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by DickDastardly(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
$16b power sector fraud

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo by WhoBeThisMan: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
C

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Member Releases Bedroom Pictures With Wife Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Viral Video / Senator Gbenga Aluko Slumps, Dies In Abuja / Buhari And Saraki Shun Each Other On Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.