Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome (2563 Views)

Red Egbesu Water Lions Demand Release Of Dasuki And Kanu / EFCC Charges Dasuki And Dokpesi To Court / Colonel Sambo Dasuki And The Demand For Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by tbaba1234: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2015
Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), a royal prince of the sokoto caliphate is being investigated and there is no defence of him by northerners. No protest online or anywhere by northerners. Let us hope for similar reactions when powerful men from other regions are affected by the government probes.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by vedaxcool(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2015
The most disturbing aspect of my brother syndrome is that these shameless people shouting my brother my brother remains dirt broke and not even a crumb falls their way.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by delishpot: 11:54am On Jul 20, 2015
Good observation.

6 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by grafikii: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2015
tbaba1234:
Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), a royal prince of the sokoto caliphate is being investigated and there is no defence of him by northerners. No protest online or anywhere by northerners. Let us hope for similar reactions when powerful men from other regions are affected by the government probes.
Even those defending dasuki are from the "our brother " clan

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by Omololu007(m): 11:56am On Jul 20, 2015
K
Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by JingoOAU(m): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2015
It's damn appalling and disturbing....to them, as far as their selfish agenda are met, they care not whose ox is gored

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by DennisEche(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
waiting for the hammer to fall on the ibos for them to start wailing

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by bamidele029: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
This is the way every tribe should act. When those guys are stealing they don't care about their tribe so it's very silly when Nigerian "educated" youths who should know better start the our brother none sense angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by T4taiwo(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Any clown that is connected to PDP, must be defended at all cost...hypocrisy of the highest order......unfriendly friend for selfish and political reason.

8 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by AMINDA: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
Former CBN governor and the then heir to the Kano throne was removed by Jonathan and replaced with Emiefele, a South Southerner. No northerner screamed "our brother" nor cried victimisation. Even though it was clearly the case.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by StOla: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
I have learnt not to expect any form of objectivity from the "my brother" tribe.

8 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by vedaxcool(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
grafikii:

Gbam... The same people who loathe fulanis are suddenly defending one with all their wail!
lalasticala frontpage. This should serve as a lesson to tribalistic nonentities.

11 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by 4Play(m): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
It's not rocket science. Dasuki is associated with GEJ and PDP who were an obstacle to power returning to the North. He's engaged in a battle with Buhari who regained power to the North.

If the EFCC were to harass Okorocha or Ngige today, most of the Igbo PDP cheerleaders will applaud it not because they care about corruption or are not ethnic jingoist but because those 2, to them, represent a party that returned power to the North.

If you are looking for "my brother" syndrome, there was plenty of it at play when Buhari claimed, a few years ago, that Boko Haram should be treated a la Niger-Delta militants and that the military operations against Boko Haram was anti-North. Today no sensible person thinks that way but plenty of momentum was lost.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by PassingShot(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
bamidele029:
This is the way every tribe should act. When those guys are stealing they don't care about their tribe so it's very silly when Nigerian "educated" youths who should know better start the our brother none sense angry
It beats my imagination how a people will defend thieves who didn't care a bit about you when looting our collective wealth. It's a huge problem we have on our hands.

9 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by StOla: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
grafikii:

That's true because they do not want any success to be recorded by the Buhari regime. Infact they have become tacit supporters of boko haram and do not welcome any investigation that might reveal the corruption of the military hierarchy that has impeded the fight against terrorism.

They have admitted that their new found support for the very people they have also accused in the past as supporters of boko haram, is just a ploy to cause chaos in the country so they can have their own freedom.

7 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by sammyj: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
What I have observed in the last 4 to 5 years is that only the ignorant poverty stricken people that are always support the past clueless administration sorry for the choice of my words. The truth must be told.!!! cool tongue

1 Like

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nonsense! We all know know that Sambo Dasuki, Aliyu Gusau, IBB and co belongs to a different Military camp from Buhari, Abacha and co. It all started in 1985 when Buhari was toppled by the IBB "boys". Dasuki personally pointed gun at Buhari's head in Dodan barracks. When Abacha struck he moved to retaliate. First, he deposed Dasuki's father as the Sultan of Sokoto. Then he prematurely retured Sambo Dasuki as a colonel. Buhari was part of Abacha's government and one of Abacha's strongest ally. What we are witnessing is continuation of their fight and not corruption fight. If Buhari wants to fight his kinsman then he should move for the Abachas.

#Nonsense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by StOla: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
4Play:
It's not rocket science. Dasuki is associated with GEJ and PDP who were an obstacle to power returning to the North. He's engaged in a battle with Buhari who regained power to the North.

If the EFCC were to harass Okorocha or Ngige today, most of the Igbo PDP cheerleaders will applaud it not because they care about corruption or are not ethnic jingoist but because those 2, to them, represent a party that returned power to the North.

If you are looking for "my brother" syndrome, there was plenty of it at play when Buhari claimed, a few years ago, that Boko Haram should be treated a la Niger-Delta militants and that the military operations against Boko Haram was anti-North. Today no sensible person thinks that way but plenty of momentum was lost.

True indeed!

That's the concept of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

While "my brother" who's a friend of my enemy is also my enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
Let me add that no South South/East man will give a fvck if Buhari move against Amaechi, Sylva, Umana Umana, Rochas, Ngige, Uzor Kalu etc.

@OP your deception is Dead on Arrival

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by babadem2much(m): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
tbaba1234:

God bess your generation Op for the observations, my brother syndrome is always the order of the day in this forum. But i pray we realize cuz some broke a$$niggaz will soon start ranting.
Quote me wrongly n severe back ache. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
4Play:

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by Eastlink(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by Eastlink(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
Nonsense! We all know know that Sambo Dasuki, Aliyu Gusau, IBB and co belongs to a different Military camp from Buhari, Abacha and co. It all started in 1985 when Buhari was toppled by the IBB "boys". Dasuki personally pointed gun on Buhari's head in Dodan barracks. When Abacha struck he moved to relaliate. First, he deposed Dasuki's father as the Sultan of Sokoto. Then he prematurely retired Sambo Dasuki as a colonel. Buhari was part of Abacha's government and one of Abacha's strongest ally. What we are witnessing is continuation of their fight and not corruption fight. If Buhari wants to fight his kinsman then he should move for the Abachas.

#Nonsense
Spot On
Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by Davvymavvy(f): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
Nonsense! We all know know that Sambo Dasuki, Aliyu Gusau, IBB and co belongs to a different Military camp from Buhari, Abacha and co. It all started in 1985 when Buhari was toppled by the IBB "boys". Dasuki personally pointed gun on Buhari's head in Dodan barracks. When Abacha struck he moved to relaliate. First, he deposed Dasuki's father as the Sultan of Sokoto. Then he prematurely retured Sambo Dasuki as a colonel. Buhari was part of Abacha's government and one of Abacha's strongest ally. What we are witnessing is continuation of their fight and not corruption fight. If Buhari wants to fight his kinsman then he should move for the Abachas.

#Nonsense

Barca, please rise above ethnic prejudice and political bias,,,,,,you are too intelligent a man to be tossed around by emotion and blind support for a political party you have no stake in. No offence bro

10 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by GspotAngela(f): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
tbaba1234:
Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by adconline(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
AMINDA:
Former CBN governor and the then heir to the Kano throne was removed by Jonathan and replaced with Emiefele, a South Southerner. No northerner screamed "our brother" nor cried victimisation. Even though it was clearly the case.
People called GEJ names and challenged his authority to do so. It had nothing to do with brother or sister but all to with with alleged misding $billions.. If FG has a water-toght case against Dasuki, it should bring it on not trying him the case on the pages of newspapers. It would set a precedent that politicians are no sacred cows.. We should be more worried about following the law than playing to regional and ethnic sentiments.
Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
No word best describes them like this Yoruba word, "akasoleri."

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Davvymavvy:

Barca, please rise above ethnic prejudice and political bias,,,,,,you are too intelligent a man to be tossed around by emotion and blind support for a political party you have no stake in. No offence bro
Ethnic prejudice? That's unfair to me because I don't do such. The OP in fact is the guilty one here! Dasuki is from the North but I'm supporting him because the government is yet to make any sense in their allegation against the man.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by tbaba1234: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
Ethnic prejudice? That's unfair to me because I don't do such. The OP in fact is the guilty one here! Dasuki is from the North but I'm supporting him because the government is yet to make any sense in their allegation against the man.

The bolded is for a court of competent jurisdiction to decide when he is charged.

The allegations against him are serious. You do not have all the facts, yet you defend blindly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by GspotAngela(f): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
Nonsense! We all know know that Sambo Dasuki, Aliyu Gusau, IBB and co belongs to a different Military camp from Buhari, Abacha and co. It all started in 1985 when Buhari was toppled by the IBB "boys". Dasuki personally pointed gun at Buhari's head in Dodan barracks. When Abacha struck he moved to retaliate. First, he deposed Dasuki's father as the Sultan of Sokoto. Then he prematurely retured Sambo Dasuki as a colonel. Buhari was part of Abacha's government and one of Abacha's strongest ally. What we are witnessing is continuation of their fight and not corruption fight. If Buhari wants to fight his kinsman then he should move for the Abachas.

#Nonsense
i doff my hat for you. You have mastered the skill of obfuscation and distortion.

Abacha and IBB both carried out the 1985 palace coup that ousted the regime of Buhari/Idiagbon military Junta. So i dont understand what you mean by insuniating that IBB belonged to a different camp from Buhari and Abacha.

Abacha was a tyrant he went after any and everybody - Kudirat Abiola, Pa Alfred Rewane, Frank Kokori, Ibrahim Zakzaky, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehimi, Beeko Ransome-Kuti etc. Sultan Dasuki wasnt left out either.

The crux of the OP's arguement is that Buhari, a Fulani Man isnt sparing Col Sambo Dasuki another Fulani from probe. No sacred cows

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by kettykings: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
When will EFCC probe Tinubu, obasanjo kupolokun, otedola, why was bankole left off the hook, who is foolishly trying to fool who.
Re: Dasuki And The 'my Brother' Syndrome by vedaxcool(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
[s]Nonsense! We all know know that Sambo Dasuki, Aliyu Gusau, IBB and co belongs to a different Military camp from Buhari, Abacha and co. It all started in 1985 when Buhari was toppled by the IBB "boys". Dasuki personally pointed gun at Buhari's head in Dodan barracks. When Abacha struck he moved to retaliate. First, he deposed Dasuki's father as the Sultan of Sokoto. Then he prematurely retured Sambo Dasuki as a colonel. Buhari was part of Abacha's government and one of Abacha's strongest ally. What we are witnessing is continuation of their fight and not corruption fight. If Buhari wants to fight his kinsman then he should move for the Abachas.

#Nonsense[/s]

And Sule Lamido pointed a gub at Buharis head right? You life is at a major decline, no iota of decency can be found in your post. You better pray bh stage another attack or else GEJ will be forced to demand a refund. Rubbish! !!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now I Know Tinubu Is Not As Smart As I Thought / The Words Of An Igbo Retired Army officer Who Was Buhari`s School Mate / Nigeria Economy: We ‘re Starting From Scratch - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.