Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes (15451 Views)

9 Silent Nigerian Billionaires Who Keep Their Wealth On A Low Key(photos) / 3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics) / List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by adconline(m): 3:50am On Mar 12, 2009
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Jarus(m): 7:39am On Mar 12, 2009
Aliko has risen from 337 last year to 261 this year. So FO has also overtaken Mike as Nigeria's second richest man. When is Mike going to enter Forbes list(1000)?
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Lagosboy: 8:22am On Mar 12, 2009
Dangote's wealth has reduced from 3.5 Billion to 2.5 billion , credit crunch na wah o. Although he progressed on the list as several billionaires lost billions.

I think Adenugas issue is IBB and some other fellas have a stake in his businesses as well.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Muza(m): 9:45am On Mar 12, 2009
Its not only mike that has other ppls stake in his business,even dangote too has obj in his business.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Lagosboy: 9:48am On Mar 12, 2009
You could be right Muza as all these business men politician use them to launder money.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 12, 2009
Femi Otedola? weird. imho that guy spends far more time beefing than running business
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by zomby(m): 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2009
When is Mike going to enter Forbes list(1000)?
Mike will never enter, that's not his personality.
Forbes will only pick whoever makes himself or herself available. Mike is never available and has no need to be available.

The people, including Otedola and Dangote know the identification of the real master. No need to make noise.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by zomby(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2009
I think Adenugas issue is IBB and some other fellas have a stake in his businesses as well.

Obviously, you do not know Mike.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by lucabrasi(m): 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2009
@post GOOD!!now hopefully they will both remove the noose round our necks and allow us to have cheap cements,and other basic staple foods and a refinery of our own, including the repair of the existing ones free market economy
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by yemo1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2009
i think they are jst rich nigerians with the mentality thyat money first family second and country third thats if its on the agenda i jst hope that nigeria does not have any form of economic recession cause none of this rich men will help lucrabasi wot do u think
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2009
What's all these noise about Mike Adenuga. Is he the only rich man in nigeria? There are many people that are richer than him apart from Dangote and Femi otedola, people like Onny Okonkwo(Owner of reltel), what about Dantata. This people no dey make noise.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2009
What's all these noise about Mike Adenuga. Is he the only rich man in nigeria? There are many people that are richer than him apart from Dangote and Femi otedola, people like Onny Okonkwo(Owner of reltel), what about Dantata. This people no dey make noise.The fact that people are hearing your name all the time does not mean you are super rich.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by zomby(m): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
Read your own post and grade yourself. You sound lost.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by KunleOshob(m): 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
afam4eva:

What's all these noise about Mike Adenuga. Is he the only rich man in nigeria? There are many people that are richer than him apart from Dangote and Femi otedola, people like[b] Onny Okonkwo(Owner of reltel), [/b] what about Dantata. This people no dey make noise.

Ignorance is bliss can you imagine reltel is not even upto 5% of globalcom. what a poor example to use.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
KunleOshob:

Ignorance is bliss can you imagine reltel is not even upto 5% of globalcom. what a poor example to use.

Sharap, which day did Globacom open shop
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by MrCrackles(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
afam4eva:

What's all these noise about Mike Adenuga. Is he the only rich man in nigeria? There are many people that are richer than him apart from Dangote and Femi otedola, people like Onny Okonkwo(Owner of reltel), what about Dantata. This people no dey make noise.The fact that people are hearing your name all the time does not mean you are super rich.

Dont kid yourself, the dude you mentioned above has peanuts compared to what Mike Adenuga sits on!
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by asha80(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2009
@afam4eva

Do not compare owner of reltel to mike adenuga.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Jarus(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2009
afam4eva:

What's all these noise about Mike Adenuga. Is he the only rich man in nigeria? There are many people that are richer than him apart from Dangote and Femi otedola, people like Onny Okonkwo(Owner of reltel), what about Dantata. This people no dey make noise.
Haba. The Reltel guy doesn't close to Mike. As regards Dantata, which of them are you referring to? Sayyu or Tajudeen? Their father, Aminu, was acclaimed to be the richest man in Nigeria in the 50s-70s. He made Aliko.
There is no denying the fact that the Dantata family are still fabulously rich. In fact, in the investment banking institution I worked a couple of years ago, I was able to come across their shares(the whole family, including babies) in a popular insurance company, and it was 1.2 biliion - and that's their stake in just one company. But we are talking about an individual now. I'm sure their leading topshots Sayyu and Tajudeen do not come close to Mike.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Lagosboy: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
Sayyu is the one fighting with FO on the chevron deal. It is speculated Aliko is the brain behind his cousin Sayyu in the deal. Thats where the fight between FO and Aliko came about.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Jarus(m): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2009
asha 80:

@afam4eva

Do not compare owner of reltel to mike adenuga.
This is funny. That was how somebody was saying, purportedly mockingly, 'how much does Adenuga have, isn't it these N500 recharge cards?'. And this person was a fellow 'corper' then. I immediately stopped arguing with him. Too ridiculous an argument.
Another common argument people that trivialize Adenuga's purse say is that 'Isn't it glo that made him?'. FTI, Adenuga has been around since the late 80's in his mid 30's. He was majorly into oil and gas. He was one of the 12 Nigerians (others were MKO,Folawiyo, and a host of others) FG gave oil prospecting licence in 1991. Glo only popularized him because of teh nature of the business - every Adamu, Ade and Eze knows about telecommunication companies but few people know about what's going on in the up/midstream sector.

I also hate to hear IBB, not Mike, owns Glo.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Lagosboy: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
afam4eva:

Sharap, which day did Globacom open shop

Bros abeg take am easy nah. This guy u mentioned is no where close to Mike . Reltel go lost  infact e go drwon inside the  Oil investment , Telecoms, Banking investments of Mike
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Lagosboy: 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2009
Jarus:

I also hate to hear IBB, not Mike, owns Glo.

Bro there is no smoke without fire, IBB could well have a stake in Glo and oter Mikes investment. I didnt say wholly owned but a stake.

Remember Ribadu traced 18% of Glo to Mohammed Babangida and 12% to Atiku.

BNP Paribas where Mike got some loan from is based in France where IBB's loot resides comfortably. IBB's connection in France and monaco is incredible and no one can touch his wealth and investments in them places.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
Mike will never enter, that's not his personality.
Forbes will only pick whoever makes himself or herself available. Mike is never available and has no need to be available.

The people, including Otedola and Dangote know the identification of the real master. No need to make noise.

What has personality got with a normal and aperent rating done round the world; unless if the one hiding doesn't have anything to hide?
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by zomby(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2009
Remember Ribadu traced 18% of Glo to Mohammed Babangida and 12% to Atiku.

Lagosboy
you're wrong. I will advise you to get to know Mike before speculating.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by zomby(m): 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
Nuzo
Personality has a lot to do with it. Forbes will only list whoever makes himself or herself available. Not everybody like to make noise, you know?
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Lagosboy: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
Big money will make noise by itself the man behind it doesnt need to but the money will.

Bill Gates doesnt need to make noise but his money can never keep silent.

Kunle has analysed it. Quoted stocks are easily evaluated and Aliko's wealth as well was only quantified on his quoted companies of Sugar anf flour mills, several other companies under the Dangote group was never evaluated.

The same goes fo Mike as it is only Conoil that is quoted and he bought this as a quoted company already - National Oil.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by zomby(m): 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2009
BNP Paribas where Mike got some loan from is based in France where IBB's loot resides comfortably
Lagosboy
Has the loan being paid off with interest?
Did Mike show the record of the monthly payments coming directly from his Nigerian (glo) account?
Did Paribas Inc. send the record of the monthly payments?
Did IBB and Atiku make it clear that they have nothing to with glo?

Why do people like speculating on baseless fact?

Don't hate another man's accomplishments, embrace it instead. That's how prosperity will become yours.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Jarus(m): 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
Lagosboy:

Sayyu is the one fighting with FO on the chevron deal. It is speculated Aliko is the brain behind his cousin Sayyu in the deal. Thats where the fight between FO and Aliko came about.
Yes, I've read about the clash FO and Aliko on the Chevron deal. Sayyu is the one operating MDS, the company that beat FO's Zenon to the acquistion of the stake Chevron divested in. FO claimed he had alraedy confided in his best friend, Aliko, that he wanted to bid for the Chevron divestment(probably disclosing his intended bid price to him) and Aliko went ahead to use his cousin, Sayyu Dantata, through his company, MDS holdings, to outbid FO's Zenon. FO claimed without Aliko's support, Sayyu would never have been able to raise that money. Na wa for all these Business moguls o
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Jarus(m): 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
Thank God, nobody has come here yet to mention Jimoh Ibrahim.
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by zomby(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2009
My favorite Nigerian business men Mike, Otedola and Dangote
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
Make all of una dey siddon dere they hail aliko and co.
Didn't you see my name on that list.
I will turn Aliko's Billiions into coins. . . . cry
Re: Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola Richest Nigerian Billionaires: Forbes by Lagosboy: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
A-town:

Make all of una dey siddon dere they hail aliko and co.
Didn't you see my name on that list.
I will turn Aliko's Billiions into coins. . . . cry

My guy no cry u fit be bigger than them all. As for me i hope to o i dey work kara kara make God bless my efforts ni o cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 / CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors / Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.