Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari (44391 Views)

Some Ministers Will Have No Portfolios, Buhari Insists. / All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency / Buhari’s Search For Saints As Ministers Will Fail – Senator Urhoghide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by iamddollar: 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
Uhmmmm
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by onatisi(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
baralatie:

I hope it doesn't come to the point of sacking innocent workers!
most states govs have already concluded plans to sack ,it is just a matter of time . The only thing nlc can do is to make sure sacked workers are paid all their outstanding salaries .
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by vimo3: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Even as a PMB supporter, one must say the truth. PMB now needs this mountain of excuse due to failure to be quickly effective....

Nigerians rightfully expect swift action - simply because he has had such a long time to think about this office...

6 months from his election in March to form a cabinet is simply unacceptable. Also, only deeming it fit to explain to Obama why he has been slow but not to his people, is very disrespectful to the Nigerian people.....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by lagdmark(m): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
September 2015 or 2016 ,or2018 after the apc house fighting is over buhari confused President will appoint saints as ministers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by ibisko04: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=hinwazaka post=36090020][/quote]
Original wailer, Weldon. God will save you and your likes who see nothing good in Buhari.
But I assure you and your cohorts that you will be put to shame soonest.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by tbaba1234: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

You mean this was public knowledge and yet Jonathan was criticized for it? Or are we just realizing this now?

GEJ presided over the highest average crude prices and squandered it. We should have had enough shock absorbers to deal with the fall in prices.

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by DelGardo: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Did anyone else notice that PMB did not make excuses over BH, neither did he dwell too much on the challenges.

It is also impressive that he specifically asked for assistance in areas of intelligence and training for our troops, in addition to the customary investment by American investors.

Months back we were told that America was blocking all avenues to buy arms legally so we had to resort to illegal cash logging. How come the issue of arms sale, or blockade thereof, is not on Buhari's list of concerns/demand?

God will surely punish all those monsters in the last administration who saw everything as politics and as means to more looting even in the face of severe hardship on the people they were elected to serve.

I voted for change and will do that over and over. Sai Buhari. Leader!

5 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by omolami: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
Buhari President Buhari AT IT AGAIN. THIS MAN IS SO CONFUSED . NEED SOME EDUCATION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by oshyno(m): 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
yahmohy27:
,See incitement comment ,u better comment that if he is ur father ,he ll be happy with u

My dad will approach u like equals. That puts him in a better position to extract some commitments from u cuz believe me guy the acomplise stealing our money are these westerners. We don't need anybody asistance to stop corruption. Get d thief jail him or kill him then others will learn. Is that too hard to do.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by omolami: 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
President Buhari Buhari Nigeria president is at it again. so dull and confused. Need to go to schl and obtain wasc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by pat077: 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
So our economy is gonna b in ghost mode till then.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
aminho:
Barcanista food is ready come and analyze dis one too
He has submitted his counter-post to his sponsors for vetting. Watch out for the finished product

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Eshinery(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
Nigeria committed to good governance and fighting terror

By Muhammadu Buhari July 20 at 9:20 AM

Muhammadu Buhari is president of Nigeria.

This month, the world moved a step closer to the defeat of Boko Haram, the jihadist group that has terrorized hundreds of thousands in the northern states of Nigeria. In one of my first acts since taking office as president six weeks ago, I have replaced the heads of Nigeria’s army, navy and air force. Our new military leadership has not been chosen because of their familiarity with those in government, as was too often the case in the past, but on their track records and qualifications alone.

These new military leaders will be based in Borno State in northern Nigeria, where the headquarters of the armed services has been relocated. This shift of resources and command directly to the front line, in addition to the replacement of the head of the State Security Service, Nigeria’s intelligence organization, and a new emphasis on working in partnership with our neighbors, has equipped us to take the fight directly to Boko Haram.

Already we are beginning to see a degrading of Boko Haram’s capabilities as a fighting force. In recent weeks, it appears to have shifted away from confronting the military directly to an increase in attacks on civilian areas, as we saw only last week when an elderly woman and 10-year-old girl blew themselves up at a Muslim prayer gathering in northeastern Nigeria. We should not be confused by this change, hateful as it is: It does not mean that Boko Haram is succeeding in its aims — it shows that it is losing.

While we work to defeat the terrorists, I ask the people of Nigeria and the world for resolve and fortitude. The campaign we will wage will not be easy; it may not be swift. We should expect stages of success and also moments when it may appear that our advances have been checked. But no one should have any doubt as to the strength of our collective will or my commitment to rid this nation of terror and bring back peace and normalcy to all affected areas.

Similarly, my determination should not be underestimated in other matters. This includes instilling good governance and tackling the scourge of corruption that has held Nigeria back for too long.

As I meet with President Obama today — the first time a president of the United States will encounter a Nigerian counterpart following the peaceful transfer of power in a contested election in our history — I will be discussing my plans for critical reforms. So, too, will I discuss why the formation of my administration is taking time and, crucially, why it must. Already there are voices saying these changes are taking too long — even though only six weeks have passed since my inauguration. I hear such calls, but this task cannot and should not be rushed.

When cabinet ministers are appointed in September, it will be some months after I took the oath of office. It is worth noting that Obama himself did not have his full Cabinet in place for several months after first taking office; the United States did not cease to function in the interim. In Nigeria’s case, it would neither be prudent nor serve the interests of sound government to have made these appointments immediately on my elevation to the presidency; instead, Nigeria must first put new rules of conduct and good governance in place.

I cannot stress how important it is to ensure that this process is carried out correctly, just as it has been crucial to first install the correct leadership of the military and security services before we fully take the fight to Boko Haram.

There are too few examples in the history of Nigeria since independence where it can be said that good management and governance were instituted at a national level. This lack of a governance framework has allowed many of those in charge, devoid of any real checks and balances, to plunder. The fact that I now seek Obama’s assistance in locating and returning $150 billion in funds stolen in the past decade and held in foreign bank accounts on behalf of former, corrupt officials is testament to how badly Nigeria has been run. This way of conducting our affairs cannot continue.

Indeed, the failure of governance, it can be argued, has been as much a factor in Nigeria’s inability thus far to defeat Boko Haram as have been issues with the military campaign itself.

So the path we must take is simple, even if it is not easy: First, instill rules and good governance; second, install officials who are experienced and capable of managing state agencies and ministries; and third, seek to recover funds stolen under previous regimes so that this money can be invested in Nigeria for the benefit of all of our citizens.

We seek the support and partnership of the United States in these tasks. The importance of the fight against terrorism and corruption in Nigeria, Africa’s most powerful economy and largest populace, cannot be underestimated. Our allies can provide much-needed military training and intelligence as our soldiers take the war effort to Boko Haram. Similarly, we look to U.S. businesses as well as the Obama administration to help develop governance initiatives that can ensure that Nigeria’s wealth benefits all its people, not just a few. By taking these steps, we will be positioned to benefit from increased investment — particularly in energy and electricity — from the United States.

I was elected on a platform of change. I know this is what the people of Nigeria desire more than anything else. I know they are impatient for action. I realize the world waits to see evidence that my administration will be different from all those that came before. Yet reforming my country after so many years of abuse cannot be achieved overnight. In our campaigns against both Boko Haram and corruption, we should remain steadfast and remember, as it is said: “Have patience. All things become difficult before they become easy.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/nigeria-committed-to-good-governance-and-fighting-terror/2015/07/20/8c1acd00-2e21-11e5-8353-1215475949f4_story.html
carry on Baba Nigerians are solidly behind you

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by ogazi007(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
There is no big deal in assembling names of incompetent people and announce them as ministers over night.Take as much time you want and do the right thing.The people that wanted you to rush and fail are the people that never voted for you in the first instance.God be with my President.

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by sneak3(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
bright007:
Na wa ooo.....

APC still campaigning even after winning election.

Every time you hear we will....we shall....

when are we gonna start hearing we have/ I have?

maybe in the fullness of time

Oga bright ur comment negates your name sorry to say.. how do you expect a govt of six weeks old to be saying I have, we have ?? Pls in as much as we expect criticism from well meaning Nigerians we can do it in a constructive way..

The way some guys are nailing PMB beats logic. For Christ sake he a president not a magician.. to achieve holistic development requires strategic thinking, setting up proper frameworks and syructures.

We are use to successive govt coming in and setting up their cabinets with the speed of light at the end of it all it doesn't work and we are consistently staganated or even regressing as withnessed in the last administration..

The truth is no matter how beautiful ur plan and purpose are, once it is not supported by a good frame work on which to operates, you are bound to fail. remember the part othe bible that says "if the foundation is faulty what shall the righteous do?

The time to forget playing opposition subjectively and give PMB the roon to function effectively without these avoidable distractions.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by fortune1968: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
bright007:
Na wa ooo.....

APC still campaigning even after winning election. ..

Every time you hear we will....we shall....

when are we gonna start hearing we have/ I have?
maybe in the fullness of time
wailing wailer !

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by obailala(m): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
Flets:

Can you explicitly enlighten me on this ongoing purging and why September is the deadline for all the purging activities? i don't want hear-say..... what is ongoing in the ministries now?
I am not the president and neither are you. The president says he is carrying out the much needed purging in the system and he hopes to complete that before he appoints any ministers. I totally trust the person of PMB on this one so I have decided be patient. I also urge you to be patient or else, I advise you direct your enquiries about the 'whys' and the 'whens' to the presidency.

5 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Sweetlemon(f): 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
Sai Baba.
Pls I beg you in the name of God, take your time. Take ALL the time you need to do a proper job AT THE END OF THE DAY.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by docadams: 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
onatisi:
September!!! Ok dey watchgrin september ,ministerial list should be out, senate politickings and screening will take roughly 3 to 4 weeks . That means they will take oath of office in october and resume work. This means the whole of september and october will be for appointing and settling down of ministers. By the time it is november ,it will be 2016 budget preparation . What it means is that this govt will virtually do nothing this year except appointing ministers and service chiefs !!! Well let's hope and pray they start 2016 in full force and in full swing

Hamattan analysis.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

You mean this was public knowledge and yet Jonathan was criticized for it? Or are we just realizing this now?
Jonathan compounded his own problems by depleting Foreign Reserves he could have used to defend the Naira. Had GEJ built the FR with excess monies earned during crude windfall, he would have been in a better position to defend the naira.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by creekman(m): 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
Did I see correctly?..... $150 billion stolen money in foreign bank accounts. I believe d president has facts to back up dis figure. By D way, how much does Nigeria even have in itz Foreign Reserve? These our so called leaders are heartless and wicked. Mr. President, u have our backing. Proceed and do all u can to recover these stolen monies. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by eph12(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
tbaba1234:

GEJ presided over the highest average crude prices and squandered it. We should have had enough shock absorbers to deal with the fall in prices.
This is out of context bro. Maybe he did maybe he didn't is not what I wanted to point out in the comment I quoted.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by prudentcy(m): 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nice move Mr President.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
tbaba1234:

If the apc governors had not gone to get a supreme court judgement to spend it.maybe we should ask oshiomole!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by bigerboy200: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Sai Buhari...Good thinking Nigerians are solidly behind u..let all d wailers who dont want to be a part of d new Nigeria enter d lagoon sharp sharp...saaaaaaai baba

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by eph12(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Jonathan compounded his own problems by depleting Foreign Reserves he could have used to defend the Naira. Had GEJ built the FR with excess monies earned during crude windfall, he would have been in a better position to defend the naira.
The part of your comment I quoted says falling oil prices coupled with our dependence on oil is reason for the fall of naira and I agree. That GEJ squandered money that should have been used to defend the naira is maybe true but for how long do you think we can continue to defend the naira? Is that sustainable? The answer is definitely no. I believe Buhari is going to continue the diversifying effort Jonathan was doing or else we would be running around in circles.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by tbaba1234: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

This is out of context bro. Maybe he did maybe he didn't is not what I wanted to point out in the comment I quoted.

It is not out of context, GEJ's failure was not in the low oil prices. It was in the fact that inspite of record high oil prices, we had nothing saved for the rainy day.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Donjowebs(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
I know a lot of peeps who want to see PMB perform and a lot more who want to see him fail. But sincerely, I think its better we get it right by putting sustainable structures and workable policies in place before those who want to come in do. After all it said that you don't shift the goal posts or change the rules in the middle of the match. Baba may not perform magic, but if he is able to make sure things are done properly then that is also change, again I ask which would we prefer "cart before the horse" or "horse before the cart"?. Nigeria on the path to greatness.

3 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Style007(m): 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
gudluckgreat:

I dey uturu caves dey spend the holiday grin
lol. I dey ma lodge oh

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by tbaba1234: 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
baralatie:

If the apc governors had not gone to get a supreme court judgement to spend it.maybe we should ask oshiomole!

You are talking of the excess crude account, what happened to the foreign reserves?? How was it being depleted with record high oil prices?

4 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by baralatie(m): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

The part of your comment I quoted says falling oil prices coupled with our dependence on oil is reason for the fall of naira and I agree. That GEJ squandered money that should have been used to defend the naira is maybe true but for how long do you think we can continue to defend the naira? Is that sustainable? The answer is definitely no. I believe Buhari is going to continue the diversifying effort Jonathan was doing or else we would be running around in circles.
Now you can see clearly the solution!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Begins Bombardment Of Sambisa Forest / Army Arrests Ikonso’s Second-In-Command During IPOB, ESN Raid In Abia / No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.