Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari (44383 Views)

Some Ministers Will Have No Portfolios, Buhari Insists. / All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency / Buhari’s Search For Saints As Ministers Will Fail – Senator Urhoghide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by alphalpha(m): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:
It's only the foolish ones who repeat the same thing over and over again but expect different result.

I have come to realize that PMB needs time to carry out a thorough overhauling of the system if positive results must be achieved. Rushing things as done in the past will yield no desired outcome.

Imagine what absence of good governance framework has caused Nigeria in just last decade! A whopping $150bn!

At the emboldened, I agree completely but please communicate your plans more so that people don't unnecessarily become agitated as a result of unknown.

All in all, those of us who are solidly behind you are far more than the wailers against you.

I believe he is being discreet so that he will take corruption and corrupt people unawares
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Enoch127(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
As I meet with President Obama today — the first time a president of the United States will encounter a Nigerian counterpart following the peaceful transfer of power in a contested election in our history — I will be discussing my plans for critical reforms. So, too, will I discuss why the formation of my administration is taking time and, crucially, why it must. Already there are voices saying these changes are taking too long — even though only six weeks have passed since my inauguration. I hear such calls, but this task cannot and should not be rushed.

When cabinet ministers are appointed in September, it will be some months after I took the oath of office.[/b] It is worth noting that Obama himself did not have his full Cabinet in place for several months after first taking office; the United States did not cease to function in the interim. In Nigeria’s case, it would neither be prudent nor serve the interests of sound government to have made these appointments immediately on my elevation to the presidency; instead, Nigeria must first put new rules of conduct and good governance in place.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by eph12(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
lastpage:

Abeg, stop yarning Opata!

How can you not demand for dollar when all you guys do is rush to China to import sub-standard goods?
Are those goods bought with Naira ....or Dollars?

As long as we are an "import dependent, mono-income economy" we will always demand for the Dollar.
The other option is to increase our own level of manufacturing so that we have goods we can export, so that we also earn such Dollars.
Even more important is to PRAY that God never allow us to make the mistake a second time, of having a clueless President without shoes whose only pastime is lavish wastage of our Foreign Reserve!

Import Less, Export more "refined goods" as against raw materials like Crude oil, be financially prudent and jail looters => Vibrant economy.

Dont pay me for this, dash it out to the less privileged. undecided

Lastpage!
If we have those things in Nigeria then we won't have to import. And what do you want us to export oga? Respect your old age nau. Common sense is free so you should be able to get one.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by shaqhead: 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Dude had to take a break from NL. The kids here were running wild at some point
Kids will always be kids grin
mrmetoo1:

Dude had to take a break from NL. The kids here were running wild at some point
Dude kids will always be... kids!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by freshdude99(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mind programmers = Apc
I pity Nigerians
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by RealEstate35: 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by lastpage: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

If we have those things in Nigeria then we won't have to import. And what do you want us to export oga? Respect your old age nau. Common sense is free so you should be able to get one.

Just look at your so called response to an intelligent post?

Shame on you because you have disappointed those who thought you were good value for money spent on educating you. though l should add that it is not really your fault that you were sent to a night school! grin grin grin

No sod-off like an Eediot before l get serious about you.

Lastpage!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by dabossman(m): 12:18am On Jul 21, 2015
Wow. This is interesting. I'm really following all of this keenly, and I believe it is good for our democracy. This is a real departure from the norm. A change of approach.

Now, what I would like to see from the opposition PDP is having one of their Senators or House of Reps members bring this issue to the floor of the house when they finally begin sitting. So far, Mr. President has not gone against the constitution, but is it possible to put a time frame to ministerial appointments by a newly elected President through some form of legislation? Is such a time frame necessary or should it be discretionary? This is what I expect in a democracy; not all this endless propaganda.

President Buhari has decided to do things differently as far as ministerial appointments are concerned. I would love to see if it will bring the desired change.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by IamThrive(m): 3:13am On Jul 21, 2015
Up Nigeria!!!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by DonJupo(m): 3:19am On Jul 21, 2015
I know a lot of Nigerian especially the easterners, have a personal and regional grudge against the personality of PMB. I then beg to ask, is the growth of Nigeria not more important than our personal grudges?

Accepted, PMB like every human does have faults and have stepped on toes/he came to power via help of certain politically corrupt individual yet, we can't deny the fact that he is a more honest and transparent candidate.

As an easterner, Jonathan is my brother and neither I nor any member of my family is in any way affiliated with the Buhari name yet, I'm so certain that when both indivuals are juxtaposed, Buhari is a better morally upright individual.
Myself like a lot of you out there is worried of his "northernised" appointments so far. One thing I'm sure though is that those appointments weren't imposed on him by any individual/godfather like it used to be rather, made based on his personal judgment.
As long as the individuals will deliver, I'm ok with it.

We all know that corruption is endemic and rooted in the DNA of 97% of Nigerians hence, finding just individuals to fill up the ministarial seats isn't and was never gonna be easy.
I implore all well meaning Nigerians to be patient with PMB as those seats will certainly be occupied.
Regardless of who finally occupies the various offices, lets judge PMB when he clocks 100 days in office.

So far, the country is slow-paced (increased bloody BH killings; RIP to the departed) yet moving in the right direction (EFCC sudden awake from slumber, increase in foriegn reserve, improvement in electricity and Judicial sovereignty) so I beg all Nigerians to stop the bad mouthing and curses but rather pray for OUR president cos "when this country better, e don better for us all be that ooo"

To PDP, its fans and well meaning oppositions, Jonathan did his best, corruption ruined his government but he 50-percently redeemed himself by embracing the outcome of the election and cos of this single act, I forgive his failures and praise his noble effort.

To my fellow brothers seeking Biafra, I feel "our" plight and understand your struggle yet I believe that unity not division is the way forward. "It's never greener at the other side" like a lot of us think. Let's channel this stregth we have for the Biafra struggle towards moving Nigeria forward and we'll all see a positive/new Nigeria that will favour us all.

It's Buhari's turn to lead. Lets give him the needed supprt and prayers then judge him afterwards.

God bless us all, guard and lead PMB right and save Nigeria from shame and disintegration.

9ja Must Rise Again.

sunnyb0b0:
Nigeria committed to good governance and fighting terror

By Muhammadu Buhari July 20 at 9:20 AM

Muhammadu Buhari is president of Nigeria.

This month, the world moved a step closer to the defeat of Boko Haram, the jihadist group that has terrorized hundreds of thousands in the northern states of Nigeria. In one of my first acts since taking office as president six weeks ago, I have replaced the heads of Nigeria’s army, navy and air force. Our new military leadership has not been chosen because of their familiarity with those in government, as was too often the case in the past, but on their track records and qualifications alone.

These new military leaders will be based in Borno State in northern Nigeria, where the headquarters of the armed services has been relocated. This shift of resources and command directly to the front line, in addition to the replacement of the head of the State Security Service, Nigeria’s intelligence organization, and a new emphasis on working in partnership with our neighbors, has equipped us to take the fight directly to Boko Haram.

Already we are beginning to see a degrading of Boko Haram’s capabilities as a fighting force. In recent weeks, it appears to have shifted away from confronting the military directly to an increase in attacks on civilian areas, as we saw only last week when an elderly woman and 10-year-old girl blew themselves up at a Muslim prayer gathering in northeastern Nigeria. We should not be confused by this change, hateful as it is: It does not mean that Boko Haram is succeeding in its aims — it shows that it is losing.

While we work to defeat the terrorists, I ask the people of Nigeria and the world for resolve and fortitude. The campaign we will wage will not be easy; it may not be swift. We should expect stages of success and also moments when it may appear that our advances have been checked. But no one should have any doubt as to the strength of our collective will or my commitment to rid this nation of terror and bring back peace and normalcy to all affected areas.

Similarly, my determination should not be underestimated in other matters. This includes instilling good governance and tackling the scourge of corruption that has held Nigeria back for too long.

As I meet with President Obama today — the first time a president of the United States will encounter a Nigerian counterpart following the peaceful transfer of power in a contested election in our history — I will be discussing my plans for critical reforms. So, too, will I discuss why the formation of my administration is taking time and, crucially, why it must. Already there are voices saying these changes are taking too long — even though only six weeks have passed since my inauguration. I hear such calls, but this task cannot and should not be rushed.

When cabinet ministers are appointed in September, it will be some months after I took the oath of office. It is worth noting that Obama himself did not have his full Cabinet in place for several months after first taking office; the United States did not cease to function in the interim. In Nigeria’s case, it would neither be prudent nor serve the interests of sound government to have made these appointments immediately on my elevation to the presidency; instead, Nigeria must first put new rules of conduct and good governance in place.

I cannot stress how important it is to ensure that this process is carried out correctly, just as it has been crucial to first install the correct leadership of the military and security services before we fully take the fight to Boko Haram.

There are too few examples in the history of Nigeria since independence where it can be said that good management and governance were instituted at a national level. This lack of a governance framework has allowed many of those in charge, devoid of any real checks and balances, to plunder. The fact that I now seek Obama’s assistance in locating and returning $150 billion in funds stolen in the past decade and held in foreign bank accounts on behalf of former, corrupt officials is testament to how badly Nigeria has been run. This way of conducting our affairs cannot continue.

Indeed, the failure of governance, it can be argued, has been as much a factor in Nigeria’s inability thus far to defeat Boko Haram as have been issues with the military campaign itself.

So the path we must take is simple, even if it is not easy: First, instill rules and good governance; second, install officials who are experienced and capable of managing state agencies and ministries; and third, seek to recover funds stolen under previous regimes so that this money can be invested in Nigeria for the benefit of all of our citizens.

We seek the support and partnership of the United States in these tasks. The importance of the fight against terrorism and corruption in Nigeria, Africa’s most powerful economy and largest populace, cannot be underestimated. Our allies can provide much-needed military training and intelligence as our soldiers take the war effort to Boko Haram. Similarly, we look to U.S. businesses as well as the Obama administration to help develop governance initiatives that can ensure that Nigeria’s wealth benefits all its people, not just a few. By taking these steps, we will be positioned to benefit from increased investment — particularly in energy and electricity — from the United States.

I was elected on a platform of change. I know this is what the people of Nigeria desire more than anything else. I know they are impatient for action. I realize the world waits to see evidence that my administration will be different from all those that came before. Yet reforming my country after so many years of abuse cannot be achieved overnight. In our campaigns against both Boko Haram and corruption, we should remain steadfast and remember, as it is said: “Have patience. All things become difficult before they become easy.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/nigeria-committed-to-good-governance-and-fighting-terror/2015/07/20/8c1acd00-2e21-11e5-8353-1215475949f4_story.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by greatseed: 4:32am On Jul 21, 2015
bright007:
Na wa ooo.....

APC still campaigning even after winning election.

Every time you hear we will....we shall....

when are we gonna start hearing we have/ I have?

maybe in the fullness of time
shut ur trap or use ur common sense 4once!!! ain't u ashamed of talking senselessly all d time pple making sense , you choose rush and backwardness..... mumu
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Caseless: 5:50am On Jul 21, 2015
bright007:
Na wa ooo.....

This shows some of you don't read. All you do is comment blindly.

In one of my first acts since taking office as president six weeks ago, I have replaced the heads of Nigeria’s army, navy and air force.

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by shilexworldsexy(m): 7:34am On Jul 21, 2015
bright007:
Na wa ooo.....

Olodo can't u read or u no go schl... Beefers.. It's high tym u do away with a this ur beefing. Cos u can't move forward with it...
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 21, 2015
...too much babble just to explain that very little progress has been made. Illiteracy is bad oooh
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2015
bright007:
Na wa ooo.....

When GEJ is arrested angry
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by tefund(m): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2015
hope this is not the usual sweet talk
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by simdam500(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Good this is what I expected of a leader.
A leader should carry his people along, we know you are human and we can't expect miracles to happen. But you need to let the people who have put you in that sit know what and when the minister list would be ready...

Good sir, I still await the outcome of your visit
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Paschal55(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2015
Baba we r tired of ur #I WILL#it ain't helping matters at all!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Okotoko1(m): 10:16am On Jul 21, 2015
Similarly, we look to U.S. businesses as well as the Obama administration to help develop governance initiatives that can ensure that Nigeria’s wealth benefits all its people, not just a few.

This is the part I don't understand. Is it the US that will "develop governance initiatives" for us? We have to take responsibility for our own future please.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by DaMaster(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Style007:
Buhari sure knows how to talk but please MR president we are running out of patience, we are tired of seeing tread about bomb blast in nairaland frontpage, we dont just want the wind of change we want it force,wind and sand.. ON THE OTHER NOTE YES! YES!! YES!!! FTC for the first time on nairaland. I dedicate this land to all the fallen naija soldiers and all the computer science students in Nigeria... I rep ABSU grin.

Glad to know you now agree he knows “how to talk”. I’d have assumed all along you were sincere in your judgement that he he is a dumb person who tried to run away from debates. Soon you’ll admit he can walk his talks. Just wait
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Sagamite(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
iwatch:
ah.... As i see cretin la san... I say make look back that voice looks like sagamite the dynamite of sagalicious sagamu. Bro you dey take too much holiday these days go. Kilode? Na family issue ? Nice to see you around sha. 2sexy

Thanks, mate. grin grin grin grin

NL just does not attract me that much with it "stunning" headlines. grin grin grin grin

How come you dey always change name?

Dem dey ban you too much abi you dey forget your password too much?
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by iwatch: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
Sagamite:

Thanks, mate. grin grin grin grin

NL just does not attract me that much with it "stunning" headlines. grin grin grin grin

How come you dey always change name?

Dem dey ban you too much abi you dey forget your password too much?
d matter tire me bros o. someone was spamming the board with sexual graphics. I simply quoted the post and called the attention of the mods... instead of banning the guy I quoted, they banned me.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by KennyMKO: 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmm Well said Mr. President. We have trust in you and believe and pray that Nigeria will be great again under your watch and direction. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians !!!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by MCMLXXVI(m): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
The man clearly said, "Ministers will be APPOINTED on September".
In the end, only a ministerial list was presented on 30th September.

We're in November now, and there's STILL no cabinet.
Pathetic lying old man with NO integrity.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by MCMLXXVI(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
And as I read through this post and all the people initially doing "Sai Buhari," I can now confirm that Nigeria is a breeding ground for gullible iiidiots who are actually not ready for democracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili And Husband At Rccg's Bible College Graduation (photos) / Armed Robbers Invade Anthony Adeboye's Home (photo) / Election Tribunal: 15 Things Judges Should Consider – Pastor Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.