Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari (44379 Views)

Some Ministers Will Have No Portfolios, Buhari Insists. / All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency / Buhari’s Search For Saints As Ministers Will Fail – Senator Urhoghide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by aewhydot: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin shocked
emamos:
shut
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by obailala(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
Flets:
It is absolute stupidity to justify the delay in appointing ministers by referencing the Obama administration who had no cabinet members for several months.
Even without a president, the USA will function because they have strong institutions and systems. The president only makes modifications to these systems to make them better. Unfortunately, everything grinds to a halt in Nigeria at every change of government because the systems are non-existent or not strong enough. That is why we cannot apply same policies in both cases.
The US dollar cannot depreciate the way the naira has done in the past six weeks because of absence of US cabinet members because the institutions are strong and semi-autonomous.
Before September, Dollar will be selling for 500naira. And then, even the best of heads as Finance minister will have a herculean task in his or her hands. Some sectors of the Nigerian society can wait for September but definitely not the economy.

President Buhari has just given a very clear explanation as to why he will not be in a hurry to appoint ministers no matter what his detractors or what anyone thinks; ministries have to be purged of leaking holes and the strong institutions which you reference the US as having would have to be created in Nigeria FIRST before he appoints ministers. What is too much to understand in that?...

Of what use is it to hurriedly appoint ministers and then the 'business as usual' of monumental lootocracy continues?... I and everyone else who voted Buhari voted him to do things differently. If one of the differences involves carrying out a thorough purging of the system and strengthening the institutions FIRSTLY, then so be it. I also want those ministers to be appointed, but Buhari is the president and I am very confident he knows what he is doing.

As for the concerns of things getting more and more difficult due to the delays, I am sure you read the final sentence where he says “Have patience. All things become difficult before they become easy.”

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
September!!! Ok dey watchgrin september ,ministerial list should be out, senate politickings and screening will take roughly 3 to 4 weeks . That means they will take oath of office in october and resume work. This means the whole of september and october will be for appointing and settling down of ministers. By the time it is november ,it will be 2016 budget preparation . What it means is that this govt will virtually do nothing this year except appointing ministers and service chiefs !!! Well let's hope and pray they start 2016 in full force and in full swing

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by zekki: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
ok
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by eph12(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
Axeurdaddy:
When cabinet ministers are appointed in
September, it will be some months after I took
the oath of office. It is worth noting that Obama
himself did not have his full Cabinet in place for
several months after first taking office; the
United States did not cease to function in the
interim. In Nigeria’s case, it would neither be
prudent nor serve the interests of sound
government to have made these appointments
immediately on my elevation to the presidency;
instead, Nigeria must first put new rules of
conduct and good governance in place.

Words on Marble.[i]When cabinet ministers are appointed in

Words on Marble.[/i]When cabinet ministers are appointed in

Words on Marble.
America was/is a working country. The structures have already been put in place by founding fathers. So it was just a case of continuity and some new policies to identify his administration with. So there's no comparison sir.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by topnapg(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
we don dey wait for am we don dey wait for am we don dey wait for am
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Spydamannn(m): 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
Just Can't Hate on This

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by gudluckgreat(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Style007:
Buhari sure knows how to talk but please MR president we are running out of patience, we are tired of seeing tread about bomb blast in nairaland frontpage, we dont just want the wind of change we want it force,wind and sand.. ON THE OTHER NOTE YES! YES!! YES!!! FTC for the first time on nairaland. I dedicate this land to all the fallen naija soldiers and all the computer science students in Nigeria... I rep ABSU grin.

My fellow ikenga cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Mark4reel: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Because there as been a few instances of good management and governance systems in Nigeria according to buhari that is why we are where we are today but the good thing is that he said he has a mission which is 3fold to instill a framework for good good governance, install capable managers who can manage our economy effectively to deliver the goods that we all desire and finally to recover stolen funds of over 150 billion dollars to invest in the future of every Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by darkjorse: 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
Why so early. He for leave am till December 2018.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Realist2: 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good write up, but we know Osinbajo is good at quoting theories ( probably he must have written this ).
All we want is implementation, no apportion of blame and excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
Flets:
It is absolute stupidity to justify the delay in appointing ministers by referencing the Obama administration who had no cabinet members for several months.

Even without a president, the USA will function because they have strong institutions and systems. The president only makes modifications to these systems to make them better. Unfortunately, everything grinds to a halt in Nigeria at every change of government because the systems are non-existent or not strong enough. That is why we cannot apply same policies in both cases.

The US dollar cannot depreciate the way the naira has done in the past six weeks because of absence of US cabinet members because the institutions are strong and semi-autonomous.

Before September, Dollar will be selling for 500naira. And then, even the best of heads as Finance minister will have a herculean task in his or her hands. Some sectors of the Nigerian society can wait for September but definitely not the economy.
I used to think you're somewhat clever.

1. You admitted that we don't presently have a good system. And PMB is now trying to put some structures that will ensure check and balance in place but you're complaining.

2. The Naira dropping in value may have something to do with absence of a full cabinet but I doubt if much. GEJ had full cabinet and a dollar was 230 Naira when he left. Much of the problem has to do with drop in oil price to which our economy is heavily tied.

3. You conveniently ignored the fact that our foreign reserve has continued to increase since coming of PMB which is a very good development for the economy. Or do you need me to tell you the implications of that?

4. The only failure of PMB in this policy is that it was not communicated earlier than now. Otherwise, he has a sound plan for the economy and insurgency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Flets: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
obailala:

President Buhari has just given a very clear explanation as to why he will not be in a hurry to appoint ministers no matter what his detractors or what anyone thinks; ministries have to be purged of leaking holes and the strong institutions which you reference the US as having would have to be created in Nigeria FIRST before he appoints ministers. What is too much to understand in that?...

Of what use is it to hurriedly appoint ministers and then the 'business as usual' of monumental lootocracy continues?... I and everyone else who voted Buhari voted him to do things differently. If one of the differences involves carrying out a thorough purging of the system and strengthening the institutions FIRSTLY, then so be it. I also want those ministers to be appointed, but Buhari is the president and I am very confident he knows what he is doing.

As for the concerns of things getting more and more difficult due to the delays, I am sure you read the final sentence where he says “Have patience. All things become difficult before they become easy.”

Can you explicitly enlighten me on this ongoing purging and why September is the deadline for all the purging activities? i don't want hear-say..... what is ongoing in the ministries now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=sunnyb0b0 post=36089735]Nigeria committed to good governance and fighting terror

By Muhammadu Buhari July 20 at 9:20 AM

Muhammadu Buhari is president of Nigeria.

This month, the world moved a step closer to the defeat of Boko Haram, the jihadist group that has terrorized hundreds of thousands in the northern states of Nigeria. In one of my first acts since taking office as president six weeks ago, I have replaced the heads of Nigeria’s army, navy and air force. Our new military leadership has not been chosen because of their familiarity with those in government, as was too often the case in the past, but on their track records and qualifications alone.[

These new military leaders will be based in Borno State in northern Nigeria, where the headquarters of the armed services has been relocated. This shift of resources and command directly to the front line, in addition to the replacement of the head of the State Security Service, Nigeria’s intelligence organization, and a new emphasis on working in partnership with our neighbors, has equipped us to take the fight directly to Boko Haram.

Already we are beginning to see a degrading of Boko Haram’s capabilities as a fighting force. In recent weeks, it appears to have shifted away from confronting the military directly to an increase in attacks on civilian areas, as we saw only last week when an elderly woman and 10-year-old girl blew themselves up at a Muslim prayer gathering in northeastern Nigeria. We should not be confused by this change, hateful as it is: It does not mean that Boko Haram is succeeding in its aims — it shows that it is losing.

While we work to defeat the terrorists, I ask the people of Nigeria and the world for resolve and fortitude.
The campaign we will wage will not be easy; it may not be swift. We should expect stages of success and also moments when it

I was elected on a platform of change. I know this is what the people of Nigeria desire more than anything else. I know they are impatient for action. I realize the world waits to see evidence that my administration will be different from all those that came before. Yet reforming my country after so many years of abuse cannot be achieved overnight. In our campaigns against both Boko Haram and corruption, we should remain steadfast and remember, as it is said: “Have patience. All things become difficult before they
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

Don't see how some couple of phone calls can slow somebody down. By now Buhari already has a list of people he can work it. So no phone call can influence his decision if he's who he is said to be.
See the CFO:
1,tinubu list
2,amaeci list
3,obasanjo list
4,kwankwaso list
5,okorocha assistant list
6,CPC list
7,cabal listlist
8,World powers listlist
9,PMB list
10,independent lobby list
11,surprise list

Which one do you think will not give him close marking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by crystalmart20: 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
Get winning with betting on sport games and have your payouts easily with fixed matches, get great winnings like on the screenshot, contact me by clicking this link.

https://m.facebook.com/martin.crystal.14?fref=nf&pn_ref=story&ref_component=mbasic_home_header&ref_page=%2Fwap%2Fprofile_timeline.php&refid=17

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

America was/is a working country. The structures have already been put in place by founding fathers. So it was just a case of continuity and some new policies to identify his administration with. So there's no comparison sir.
pls help me tell them oooo. I don't know how somebody will be comparing the us system with our system. It is like comparing uae with nigeria . Before we can reach a level of such system consistency like the usa it will take us like 50yrs of democratic process.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by sellYourCar: 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Love this......sounds like hope to me smiley

but $150 billion dollars. God have mercy shocked sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Style007(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
gudluckgreat:

My fellow ikenga cheesy
choi bro how far nah
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
onatisi:
September!!! Ok dey watchgrin september ,ministerial list should be out, senate politickings and screening will take roughly 3 to 4 weeks . That means they will take oath of office in october and resume work. This means the whole of september and october will be for appointing and settling down of ministers. By the time it is november ,it will be 2016 budget preparation . What it means is that this govt will virtually do nothing this year except appointing ministers and service chiefs !!! Well let's hope and pray they start 2016 in full force and in full swing
You can see it now!
Autopilot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by gudluckgreat(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
Style007:
choi bro how far nah

I dey uturu caves dey spend the holiday grin
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by double0seven(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
Flets:

Can you explicitly enlighten me on this ongoing purging and why September is the deadline for all the purging activities? i don't want hear-say..... what is ongoing in the ministries now?

I beg, don't bother answering this guy; even before you answer, he is already determined to disagree find faults with whatever you say, no mater how sound and sensible it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Topiipii(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
The fact that I now seek Obama’s assistance in locating and returning $150 billion in funds stolen in the past decade and held in foreign bank accounts on behalf of former, corrupt officials is testament to how badly Nigeria has been run.
Lawd!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by eph12(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
baralatie:
See the CFO: 1,tinubu list 2,amaeci list 3,obasanjo list 4,kwankwaso list 5,okorocha assistant list 6,CPC list 7,cabal listlist 8,World powers listlist 9,PMB list 10,independent lobby list 11,surprise list
Which one do you think will not give him close marking
grin if he picks 1 from each list i believe every one of them would be happy.
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Flets: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:

I used to think you're somewhat clever.

1. You admitted that we don't presently have a good system. And PMB is now trying to put some structures that will ensure check and balance in place but you're complaining.

2. The Naira dropping in value may have something to do with absence of a full cabinet but I doubt if much. GEJ had full cabinet and a dollar was 230 Naira when he left. Much of the problem has to do with drop in oil price to which our economy is heavily tied.

3. You conveniently ignored the fact that our foreign reserve has continued to increase since coming of PMB which is a very good development for the economy. Or do you need me to tell you the implications of that?

4. The only failure of PMB in this policy is that it was not communicated earlier than now. Otherwise, he has a sound plan for the economy and insurgency.

1.Kindly explain to me how Buhari is putting in those structures single-handedly? How can any sane and learned man believe that Buhari will single-handedly fix the structures across all ministries and parastatals when he is not even a technocrat in anyone?

2. All of a sudden you APC e-rats agree crude oil drop was responsible for Naira depreciation but you all hitherto blamed it on GEJ and his Govt. But you cant get away with that, We've gone through the impact in the fall of crude price and that ended at 218/ 220 per dollar. Unfortunately, the jump to 245 in 6 weeks is due to the poor policies by the CBN governor who has been acting as the Finance Minister and Buhari has no details to check and call the guy back to order. Emefiele is simply enriching his fellow bank executives through round-tripping because of the gap created by Buhari's negligence of the economy.

3. Why has the foreign reserve been on the news even when we've always added to it?... The answer is propaganda. Besides, since the CBN does not fund imports of those key 40 items that whose FX sales were suspended ... Those spare dollars are now available for the reserves... But at the expense of the fast depreciating naira.

4. Buhari has been wrong so far, its a different thing to argue online. Reality will set in soon.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by chacoonder(m): 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:

All in all, those of us who are solidly behind you are far more than the wailers against you.
All well said..Nice one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
eph12:

grin if he picks 1 from each list i believe every one of them would be happy.
PMB wants 100% his own thing!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by Super101: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
September? This man was not ready for this position.

#change#
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
baralatie:

You can see it now!
Autopilot
bros ,just wait and see , by the time state govs start sacking their workers and the fg too starts downsizing, many of those laughing and brandishing their teeth and supporting buhari sluggishness will change their tone and voice just wait and see .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
onatisi:
bros ,just wait and see , by the time state govs start sacking their workers and the fg too starts downsizing, many of those laughing and brandishing their teeth and supporting buhari sluggishness will change their tone and voice just wait and see .
I hope it doesn't come to the point of sacking innocent workers!
Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by 9jatatafo(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
PMB knows quite well that Nigerians are very gullible people, so he can use smooth words in caressing the intelligence of Nigerians. I wait to see those technocrats that will make up his cabinets that are not corrupt. And this PMB thinks he can get the $150 billion stolen in a decade. Story man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari by eph12(m): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:
Much of the problem has to do with drop in oil price to which our economy is heavily tied.
You mean this was public knowledge and yet Jonathan was criticized for it? Or are we just realizing this now?

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Heads May Roll As Presidency Probes Ownership Of Ikoyi Billions –investigation / Aisha Buhari Shares A Post Criticising Police On Instagram & Twitter / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.