Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria (39798 Views)

He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task / I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by bigerboy200: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2015
He was just being stupid...
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Vixen101(f): 11:57am On Jul 21, 2015
Nedu! Maka why?

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 11:58am On Jul 21, 2015
Greed!
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by lurlah2014(f): 11:58am On Jul 21, 2015
if one person own no spoil the other no go better, congrats to the new manager in tuown
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by delezac(m): 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
In as much as I sympathize with Nedu, I think the thought playing a smart one led to his predicament.
There's nothing wrong with travelling with your family but decide to bear the cost if your company did not make provision for that.
Also, do not lie on what is clear i.e. claiming intra-city transportation cost when he was actually picked up and dropped by the company in Kenya. I pity the wife and child as it is not an easy thing to run a family without job in this present nigeria. He should prepare for the labour market and must have learnt his lesson. we must learn to part with somethings even when your company is paying the bills....

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by JustCurious: 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Godliness + Contentment = GREAT Gain.

5 Likes

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by westlius(m): 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
Someone shared this story on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ayourb/status/623215025960931332
These are funny mistakes one do any its generates to. Ig problem
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by westlius(m): 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
lalasticlala:

These are funny mistakes one do any its generates to. Ig problem
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by LADEMINUS: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Is his full name chinedu?
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Neplusultra(f): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Because of ordinary Kenya no be say na America sef! He's stupid! undecided
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by obstead200(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Upon returning to Nigeria after the course.

Nedu tendered receipts for taxi & other in-country cab expenses, unknown to him, his hotel escapades had made both MDs to talk about him.

The Kenya MD informed the Nigerian one that they picked Nedu up with a company car at the airport and also dropped him off when he left
I cant believe anyone can be this stu.p.id.

Does he think he is in a government employment? even in govt jobs, it is very risky to act this way.

A company with branches will always communicate. Even if they dont communicate formally, they may communicate informally.

Greed is really dangerous. Jeeeeez!!!! how much is cab fare in an african country? how much is $50 for maybe 10 days? This guy lost his jobe because of a paltry sum that is probable not up to N150,000.

he was probably trying to save up by being crooked so that he can build a house maybe in lagos there.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by seanjy4konji: 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
rubbish
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by hathiba: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
person wey get head no get cap and person wey get cap no get head. he has by himself ruinned his career in life except God intervenes. his sack letter will read based on forgery. dats indeed a baddddd market for another compnay who will want to take him.
see wat lack of wisdom has caused him!!!!!!. tis well oooo
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by nochildsplay(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
LMAO cheesy ..... I wonder thr impression the Dude is trying to creating when he decided take his wife and kids for the trip.

He for kuku go village go carry... Mama Nedu, Papa Nedu, Sister chinelo, uncle Ify, Bla..Bla...Bla. Then call Coy X that they forget to book rooms for his extended folks from the village .... Stewpit Idiat angry

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by ElFenomeno1: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nedu is an idio...t!
He should know better..... It was a business trip not a family holiday
Goodluck in the employment market Nedu!!!
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by obstead200(m): 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
delezac:
In as much as I sympathize with Nedu, I think the thought playing a smart one led to his predicament.
There's nothing wrong with travelling with your family but decide to bear the cost if your company did not make provision for that.
Also, do not lie on what is clear i.e. claiming intra-city transportation cost when he was actually picked up and dropped by the company in Kenya. I pity the wife and child as it is not an easy thing to run a family without job in this present nigeria. He should prepare for the labour market and must have learnt his lesson. we must learn to part with somethings even when your company is paying the bills....

@ the bolded; very valuable lesson. Thank God I've always lived by that principle even though I am in govt employment.

pple tend to have the "I must spend all the money, afterall it is not their papa money" mentality this days when under paid employment.

I once busted a branch manager of a bank (when i was still a resident Auditor in the bank) for the same hotel expenses forgery. she wud have been fired if not for the intervention of big shots who were her Godfather. we later went on to become gud friends when I left the bank. she is late now. may her soul R.I.P.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Ishilove: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
shortgun:
That's what you get when you are married to a clingy and a possessive woman.
And the clingy possessive wife told him to forge receipts abi?

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
when you think you are "smart" this is what happens.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by famzynet: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
bendutch:
He must be an Igbo man.
An Igbo man cannot loose his job in such foolish way. Abeg I am a graduate in need of Job. Is Nedu's vacancy still available.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by agyo(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
histemple:
Height of stupidity

You no here him name
Nedu...
Madness
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by shortgun(m): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ishilove:

And the clingy possessive wife told him to forge receipts abi?
If he has not gone with his wife maybe he wouldn't have any need to cut corners.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by MrDoGood(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nothing like self employed.
I love myself.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Pierocash(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
lalasticlala:

buh this is vely selious.he has entered a vely big ploblem
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Spirit1(m): 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
Interestingly this is not about his wife. This is about a Nigerian mentality that is actually very common.

I am very surprised that because of the way this story was written majority are rightly blaming Nedu for his foolishness; but this behavior manifests in different ways in the everyday life of Nigerians.

Take for example; I have a tiler who had done majority of the tilling in my house in Lagos. I don't live in Nigeria, but I have gone to buy tiles with him severally when I visited. When I travelled back I sent him N850,000 to go and pay for Spanish tiles and granite that we already settled price with the seller. He took this money, instead of paying for the tiles, he used the money to buy me China tiles, quickly laid them down. Unfortunately for him, before he could complete the work I decided to fly into Nigeria for a few days as I was attending a conference in London. This guy denied and tried to convince me that the China tiles were Spanish, despite the fact that "Made in China" was written all over the tiles. I ended up scrapping the tiles off and loosing my money!!!

Also I recently had same problem with my security man, he was killing my goats (I have a goat farm), and he will call me to say they are sick. He will kill them and sell them to local restaurants around.

How is Nedu's behavior different from corrupt government officials who have milked Nigerian economy?
We all need to sit up and condemn all Nedu's within us and around us.

7 Likes

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Abbeyme: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
Jarus:
This post reads like a prophesy.

I work in an oil company.

I have a training in one European country in 0ctober.

My Group Head will also be coming from our UK office.

I plan to go with my wife and kids.

I have never given a thought whether it will involve extra costs for my company.

Now that I read this, I have to run it by my travels department to be sure I don't run foul of any company policy.

But I know there will be nothing wrong in taking your family along for training, provided no extra cost to family.

... Provided at no extra cost to company, u mean?!

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Pakingzzz(m): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items?
You can sell that item for a good price. There's a platform I am going to tell you that will advertise your unused item, and in no time you will start receiving calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering, what kind of unused item can u sell on that platform right?
Here's the crux of the matter. Statics have shown that there are some people out there who are desperately in need of that item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell those items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Pakingzzz(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hi, do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items?
You can sell that item for a good price. There's a platform I am going to tell you that will advertise your unused item, and in no time you will start receiving calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering, what kind of unused item can u sell on that platform right?
Here's the crux of the matter. Statics have shown that there are some people out there who are desperately in need of that item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell those items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by dotune(m): 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
No be Nedu's fault o. Na still these people from the village. Nedu for no dey go home regularly. He suppose dey send money to Ike to give his aged mom.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by uyahri: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
s because he don't want to have an extra affair outside his marriage that's y he travelled with his family...God will give him a. better one
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by andyanders: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
very good movie and when is the film coming out.Very good script.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by HIPROFILE(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmmmmm.....

What do i title this drama piece.....
Okkk..... HUNTER HUNTED! yea....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

G.i.s Geographic Information Systems / Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.