Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task (29924 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by pimper24: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2017
A friend of mine was fired this morning after carrying out a duty that ordinary would attract commendation. The company desperately needed a certain registration from a regulatory body which process has lingered long before now and has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed.

He told the MD (AMERICAN) that it could be done if given the opportunity. He was given a go ahead. In less than one week he brought the certificate from the regulatory body.

He was commended and promoted. This is the second week after the promotion.

He saw a termination letter on his table with undisclosed reason. Access to all network and email was blocked. In fact security men were waiting to ease him out. He was given just 30mins to tack his personal items shocked shocked

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 07, 2017
I Think You Should Give Us the Full Details of What Your Friend did to win the contract

154 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by LoudNdclear: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2017
That is God speaking...... God is telling him to start his own company, sometimes when God want us to grow he makes us uncomfortable.

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Emmaesty(f): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2017
walexicant:
I Think You Should Give Us the Full Details of What Your Friend did to win the contract
True. Maybe the friend bribed a staff of the regulatory body to get the certificate and the boss later found out about it.

Lack of proven integrity could be the problem

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Abee79(m): 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
He must have done something REALLY bad . . . meanwhile, this is a clear case of: The end does not always justify the means lipsrsealed

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by wunmi590(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Are you sure your friend did not bring Oluwole certificate for them?

262 Likes 10 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by talk2riel: 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
All the people saying the guy did something shoddy to get the certificate, don't you think someone higher than him has being deliberately sabotaging the registration and guyman has become a threat to him?

258 Likes 7 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
what did he exactly do that nobody else in the past could?! thats where the termination issue lies (since he was 1st promoted)?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
talk2riel:
All the people saying the guy did something shoddy to get the certificate, don't you think someone higher than him has being deliberately sabotaging the registration and guyman has become a threat to him?

its possible, as it would certainly make somebody look incompetent (aka the guy who lost his position when this dude got promoted)

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by muller101(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
He had a pact with Satan and he got served grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Larryfest(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
There is probably a snitch in that organization who has been making it impossible for things to happen and now that someone has come to challenge/overthrown him or her this is the repercussion...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
he most likely bribed to get the certificate which is against anti bribery and corruptions laws in the USA which the MD probably upholds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Aremu01(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
Have you asked the ppl from the village?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by oribi(m): 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
wow that is bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by BlueRayDick: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
Tell your friend to buy a truckload of bread when next he is visiting the village and start sharing to everybody from the outskirts of the village to the interior part of the village. I see their handwriting all over his predicament.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by ikbnice(m): 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
Some top people in that company were making some dough out of that project your friend completed. They never want it completed. He didn't look well before proving smart. He didn't do anything extraordinary, he just wasn't smart enough. One has to be very careful especially when still new in an establishment.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
talk2riel:

Even at that, the guy must have done something wrong to have been sacked. Employers don't just wake up one morning and sack highflyers without reason.

Possibly someone higher was beginning to see him as a threat and set him a trap which eventually cost him his job.

9 Likes

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by risos(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
Simple, the company desperately needed a certain registration from a regulatory body which process has lingered long before now and has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed.
"has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed".
HE CARELESSLY BLOCK ALL THE CASH PEOPLE WERE POCKETING. SHOULD BE CAREFUL HOW YOU THREAD. THE NIGERIAN SYSTEM IS DESIGNED NOT TO WORK BY DEFAULT. wink

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Ishilove: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
There is more to this story that meets the eyes

1 Like

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by softworker(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
Op kahry yoo alv stowri komalt 4 eir Joor
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by idu1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
Na his village people.... Trust me....

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by god2good: 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
"an Impossible" ur autocorrect ehh!

2 Likes

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by DONFASZY(m): 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
Oga at. D top set him up out of frustration

4 Likes

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by femi4: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
pimper24:
A friend of mine was fired this morning after carrying out a duty that ordinary would attract commendation. The company desperately needed a certain registration from a regulatory body which process has lingered long before now and has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed. He told the MD (AMERICAN) that it could be done if given the opportunity. He was given a go ahead. In less than one week he brought the certificate from the regulatory body. He was commended and promoted. This is the second week after the promotion. He saw a termination letter on his table with undisclosed reason. Access to all network and email was blocked. In fact security men were waiting to ease him out. He was given just 30mins to tack his personal items shocked shocked
Seems your friend's integrity is questionable. I guess he got the certificate via dubious means

1 Like

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by B2BviralAds: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
talk2riel:

This it.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by pidgintutor: 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
as an aside

all you students should pick up programming skills.... we teach in any language so you can understand... even pidgin sef... u must sabi program like mark and bill gates..

also give ya children/kids the opportunity their western counterparts had... gates and mark all had home programming tutors when they were kids...

send a mail to pidgin.tutor@gmail.com or pm me for more details..

Lagos occupants only
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by FinallyFamous: 5:00am On Sep 08, 2017
Going by your narration, here's my deductions

1-- The company already got what they wanted, I guess they were only trying to play safe due to a "tip off" he might/could have gotten the said "impossible" task done in such a quick time out of questionable means

( a bad belle might have said that to the top mgt, probably someone who was defrauding the company thru that means could have pull a fast one out of vengeance,.. could even be the top mgt decision to play defiance or defend itself in case gbege happen that that's why he got sacked)

2-- village people

3--your friend may get a better offer..that's probably just a bend

4-there is something the top mgt is hiding

5-there is something your friend is not telling you

6--let me come and be going

8 Likes

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by brainpulse: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2017
Please tell us another or the truth, every company will want to keep its indelible, integrity and assets personel
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by emmabest2000(m): 8:04am On Sep 08, 2017
walexicant:

Na wuluwulu nao ...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nutase: 8:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Bribe. He must have used bribe to get the registration and they found out.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Photo Of A Disable Man Plastering A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.